• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Owner Update and HGV Max

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
Thanks Nowaker. So it sounds like the 10 month priority is only for Centum Elite (100k+) points and Premier plus (???). If that is the case there are not many HGV customers who will reach that level (we will never invest that much - we'd rather buy a wholly owned condo that will appreciate in value and provide tax benefits) so perhaps requalifying for a lower end HGV Elite is not worth it if there is no 10 month priority for that level and little competition.

Do the HGV new points values go 1:1 with Diamond club points? if so it won't go far on Diamond with properties at the 15,000 - 21,500 range for a week in Hawaii.

It is for other levels in the new program also. See the info sheet that the salesperson sent me today for our level. But it is not just elite. He said it is for people who are in elite and Max.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@HuskerATL Maybe I am overlooking but I don't see the 10 month reservation listed as a benefit?

Are you saying that MAX owners get 10 month benefit too? If this benefit includes lower level elites then there is cause for concern because there are a lot more owners.

@Nowaker what you described for 10 month makes sense. Now I see how this doesn't run over the home week reservations at 10 months.

TUGers are the best!

Last edited:

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@HuskerATL Maybe I am overlooking but I don't see the 10 month reservation listed as a benefit?
It is the Loyalty Request Tool but he didn't explain it as just a search tool that won't book until 9 months. He clearly stated that we could book at 10 months. Even in my follow email. See below when I asked about booking home week and with loyalty request tool:

"Yes 12 month for Home Week and 10 month Loyalty Search for the rest."

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
It's the Loyalty Search Request, and only one at that. It's a request at 10 months that is filled at 9 months.

Sent from my Lenovo 10e using Tapatalk

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
I think they can walk just like the rest of us and have a loyalty search kick in on the final day.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
But I'm in wait and see mode, no panic. It will take time for this to play out. My trader cost $1200 with free closing so my risk is pretty low.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
That puts you, a manual clicker, at a disadvantage only if you want to book your target booking, e.g. 12/24-31 the moment when the last day of your booking becomes bookable (within booking period of 274 days, or whatever the number is). You normally don't do that if you want a highly contested date. At the very minimum, you will book 12/24-27 when 12/27 releases, then add days. Or better yet, you will book 12/15-18, and then walk it forward. Therefore, we are not affected at all, because we do not book 12/24-31 when 12/31 becomes bookable. We book earlier, then walk it. No change for us. No advantage for them.
If they are smart then the request will be a 3 day, possibly before their desired dates, that is then walked.

Sent from my Lenovo 10e using Tapatalk

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
1) One of the obvious benefits is increasing you vacation portfolio from 56 resorts to 150 resorts worldwide. As I mentioned, we are in the process of rebranding and upgrading many of the former Diamond locations to ensure they meet the quality our owners are accustomed to. Rest assured that we will not put our Hilton name on it until it meets or exceed our HGV Resort criteria.

2) "Loyalty Search Requests" As a Centum HGV Max member, you'll be able to request a specific reservation for location, room type and dates and have up to 7 active searches at one time. You can request up to 10 months out. Then at 9 months the owners with the highest status will have first priority for that reservation. Centum owners will be first and Premier Plus will be 2nd.
I have several questions. Which inventory will Loyalty Search Requests apply to? How much unsold inventory will move to HGV Max. Will 100% of unsold inventory move to HGV Max? Will it be split to keep some unsold HGVC resort inventory in HGVC? Will some DRI unsold inventory be kept for DRI owners who don't covert? Will inventory be in multiple Clubs simultaneously on a first come, first served basis (like at the 6-month point)? Will we ever know the answer to these questions?

Are you saying that MAX owners get 10 month benefit too? If this benefit includes lower level elites then there is cause for concern because there are a lot more owners.
Same here. 10 month benefit to which inventory? Only HGV Max, or HGV Max and HGVC?

WORLD TRAVELER

TUG Member
Reaction score
A bit more info about what the Preferred+ and Max members get.

View attachment 51018
It's too bad that Villas of Distinction is being removed from the new program! For Elites it was a nice benefit to use points from multiple years to gain access to luxury properties and private rental homes that would normally cost thousands of dollars to rent on the open market and be able use our points to access these properties for a few hundred dollars. It seems like we're gaining access to additional properties but then losing out on other benefits that we had access to. It makes me question if Elites don't join Max, then will the existing Elite perks just disappear or will we receive these new Elite perks instead to use within our Legacy HGVC program?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Since it's a request at 10 months that gets booked at 9 months, it's implied it's HGVC inventory, not DRI.

According to the sales person, it is for both. Everything available to Max.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
4) Luxury Homes. Centum and Premier Plus members can access Luxury homes and villas in desirable destinations worldwide. Members can see available homes in real time and use Club Points to secure a reservation online.

This one makes me smile because I've been booking luxury homes using resale ownerships in other TS systems for several years now by going through a third party exchange system. Doing it that way allows me to make prudent reservation choices for deposits of week stays that minimize my costs rather than relying on a direct booking at preset point valuations.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard

That would be against the 6 month timeframe of the HGV Max booking window. Not saying it’s not correct, but that’s not how I read it.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
It is the Loyalty Request Tool but he didn't explain it as just a search tool that won't book until 9 months. He clearly stated that we could book at 10 months. Even in my follow email. See below when I asked about booking home week and with loyalty request tool:

"Yes 12 month for Home Week and 10 month Loyalty Search for the rest."

10 month loyalty search isn’t a clear statement on being able to book at 10 months to me. If what @Nowaker posted is correct, you would get 1 10 month search window that books automatically for you. Again, I could be very wrong here.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I am a bit curious in the next few months the people that go to an HGVC presentation, buy into HGV Max, then discover TUG before the rescind period expires ..... will they have the same rescind rate they have in the past?

In my view, they should still rescind .... but I suspect this will muddy the water a fair amount for the purchases made with vacation brains.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
10 month loyalty search isn’t a clear statement on being able to book at 10 months to me. If what @Nowaker posted is correct, you would get 1 10 month search window that books automatically for you. Again, I could be very wrong here.

If you set a search like that to book the first 3 days of a vacation, it could be useful for booking the FL affiliates or ski weeks where there is not always/usually a clear guide path to walking a reservation. Not $7,000 useful to me .... but useful.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I previously thought that this new HGV Max program was only allowing DRI and HGVC/HC cross-over bookings. Now, it looks like HGV is also taking the opportunity to make changes to the HGVC side mainly in elite levels benefits. I still believe that we will need to wait until the new rules changes are disseminated before making any changes. I would certainly want to hear from the collective TUG group. Early information that we have received so far seems to indicate that the changes aren't worth much if anything. Basically, they look good on paper at a sales presentation but won't be helpful to owners. I still believe the changes are only for sales.
Just my thoughts.

iiderman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I previously thought that this new HGV Max program was only allowing DRI and HGVC/HC cross-over bookings. Now, it looks like HGV is also taking the opportunity to make changes to the HGVC side mainly in elite levels benefits. I still believe that we will need to wait until the new rules changes are disseminated before making any changes. I would certainly want to hear from the collective TUG group. Early information that we have received so far seems to indicate that the changes aren't worth much if anything. Basically, they look good on paper at a sales presentation but won't be helpful to owners. I still believe the changes are only for sales.
Just my thoughts.
Fine with me as long as those “HGV side elite levels” are only changed for the better. From what I am reading HGV max owners with their own elite levels will have better benefits (some of which will dilute current HGV elite members benefits). It is still unclear to me if this 10 months loyalty search is only for Max elite or Hgvc elite as well.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
It is still unclear to me if this 10 months loyalty search is only for Max elite or Hgvc elite as well.
I am not sure either. I think that it is too early to tell.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and it's not really a 10 month priority. Rather, it's a 10 month out search request, with an automatic booking happening at 9 months out, if one is available.

In practice, I'd guess that this will be more like "9 months and a couple of hours" making it not materially different from 10 months as far as the rest of us are concerned. When we can book it will be gone. Quite sure that this is how WN Early Bird works - 24 hours plus a few seconds/minutes.

Cheers.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I previously thought that this new HGV Max program was only allowing DRI and HGVC/HC cross-over bookings. Now, it looks like HGV is also taking the opportunity to make changes to the HGVC side mainly in elite levels benefits. I still believe that we will need to wait until the new rules changes are disseminated before making any changes.

Yup. The distinction between within-program impacts and crossover program rules are the big deal to me. Since crossover is new, it's blue ocean for them. Somewhat more red ocean in making changes within program due to potential impacts for within-program points. The whole 6 month thing for General Members is one that I mentioned before, and there are some others.

Cheers.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Since it's a request at 10 months that gets booked at 9 months, it's implied it's HGVC inventory, not DRI.
That would be against the 6 month timeframe of the HGV Max booking window. Not saying it’s not correct, but that’s not how I read it.
I lean toward what @Nowaker and @dayooper are stating. Also, there was a document released for DRI owners (I realize this is HGVC forum) which supports this stance.
It states: "Booking Window: Same great access and booking window in DRI THE Club network (ie., at 10 months for Standard and Gold. 11 months for Platinum and Centum), with access to HGV resorts 6 months before arrival." Here's a link to the document if you'd like to look at it for comparison: https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/hgv-max-for-dri-owners-initial-incomplete.336734/
The early access applies to owner's THE Club with access to HGV Max given at 6 months. I don't see them giving one Club priority access to HGV Max.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana

I read this differently. I believe he is saying that if you are an HGV Max and HGV owner you get 10 month booking into HGV properties (6 month into DRI). No Elite status needed (?)

@HuskerATL Are you saying that Max without elite points level allows 10 month bookings? If Max access at 10 months without elite points is true. I am in for $7k with our one retail purchase.

FWIW.. (not directed at HuskerATL) If new HGV points translate to Diamond Club 1:1 the better values will be on the HGV side e.g. Lagoon at 15360 for a 2 bdrm OF vs. 21,500 for OF at P@P week. They seem to have priced the DRI properties along the lines of the newer HGVs so we may not be trading into Diamond much at all with our measly points. However @HuskerATL rep indicated that you can add resales later.

This may be our plan to get the points needed to trade for these higher values. This will also enable HGV to continue to have a healthy resale market and avoid deedbacks/walking. In some ways this may be their mental equivalent to the $3 resale fee MVC charges for resale points i.e. resales are okay but if you want to play in the trading system, you need to pay our HGV Max fee or your options will be limited to mostly using what you own. With MVC it is harsher - you cannot play at all unless you pay their $3 / point tax.

I hope HGV Max allows open season at DRI properties.

I could envision Diamond owners going after the better value HGV units and older HGV properties will not be possible after 6 months. Goodbye Open season for these properties. The 1:1 conversion now makes sense because DRI Club owners are paying a factor higher in MF than HGV so they are giving them more points.

Last edited:

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I read this differently. I believe he is saying that if you are an HGV Max and HGV owner you get 10 month booking into HGV properties (6 month into DRI). No Elite status needed (?)

If Max access to 10 months is true. I am in for $7k with our one resale purchase. Can buy more resale later to build points.

This is a different interpretation from what I've seen. But we shall see what it really means. Devil is in the details.

Cheers.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
2) "Loyalty Search Requests" As a Centum HGV Max member, you'll be able to request a specific reservation for location, room type and dates and have up to 7 active searches at one time. You can request up to 10 months out. Then at 9 months the owners with the highest status will have first priority for that reservation. Centum owners will be first and Premier Plus will be 2nd.
I read the original FB post where @Nowaker got this. We have two different salespersons statements on this topic. I tend to agree with this salesperson above. It just fits with current booking windows. To me, if HGV was going to change the booking windows in HGVC, they won't need the "Loyalty Search Request". But like always, let's wait to see it in writing first.