• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Will this Covid spread continue to level down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Cha Ching Just heard of another person that got it!
You are in the minority

Yeah, I know a few. I'm don't understand this curiosity from those who don't know anyone... it's almost as if they don't believe it's true. Say it ain't so.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Yeah, I know a few. I'm don't understand this curiosity from those who don't know anyone... it's almost as if they don't believe it's true. Say it ain't so.
As I've said I don't know anyone in my inner circle. But I have two friends who have had parents die from it. I read the reports. I know it's true. I just think that those in my circle of family and friends are all being cautious.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I peek.
Fire away guys, I totally deserve it. I clearly did not meet the quota of posts and comments about barbers and weddings that did not respect the social distancing. There is no limit on those, we just can't have enough of them! Sweden on the other hand clearly gives stomach aches to some people, we should not talk about it.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Within 1 degree - I directly know of 3 people that have/had Covid (1 died)
Within 2 degrees - at least 12 people with 4 deaths (known about).
Mostly Latinx (essential workers or within-home transfer)

This does not even account for my former colleagues (mainly Healthcare workers) that have seen 100s, if not 1000s by now.

We personally live in a compliant bubble and plan to for as long as necessary. We are treating this like HIV/AIDS that is spread by Air-Droplets or Fomite. Viruses rarely just disappear. Naive areas will soon see these embers/flames of outbreaks - just a matter of time since we never had real compliance from the outset and have lost control.

@Ken555 - you are right. It has that tone, huh? Next it will be some people defending Plandemic, or the virus was created as a Chinese bioweapon (actually put forth by Fox as Real News).
Or has that already happened w/o being removed? I have blocked a few Tuggers as I can no longer stand their nonsense (and ignorance).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
BaconNumber has become CovidNumber ????

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
FWIW: One of the principals at the school I work at is currently on 14 day isolation after contracting the virus.
How this plays out when the school year starts just got a bit more intriguing.....

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara

That’s a big assumption to say I do not believe Covid is true. People on TUG ask all kind of silly questions and no one passes judgment on them for asking. It was just a question. Stop reading so much into things.

I liked @Luanne’s response. She said maybe those of us who do not know anyone are just more careful and our friends and family are too. That would be a good explanation to me.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
That’s a big assumption to say I do not believe Covid is true. People on TUG ask all kind of silly questions and no one passes judgment on them for asking. It was just a question. Stop reading so much into things.

I liked @Luanne’s response. She said maybe those of us who do not know anyone are just more careful and our friends and family are too. That would be a good explanation to me.

Where did I say you don't believe it? Sounds like you're a little sensitive on this topic...perhaps I hit a nerve?

As for "reading so much into things", well, this particular point has been made on social media for at least a few weeks to damaging results. I'm not surprised it's on TUG now. Coincidence? Sure, it's possible.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
A lot of the data was clearly exaggerated at the beginning or just wrong. Fatality rate was 6-8%. Transmission was 6. There were going to be 2.2 million deaths. Transmission through grocery bags. You dared to ask questions and you were labelled a conspiracy theory peddler (and apparently that practice has not gone away) even if those were very valid questions questions. I think it shows less who has been right or wrong and more how we see people around us and talk about them.

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Where did I say you don't believe it? Sounds like you're a little sensitive on this topic...perhaps I hit a nerve?

As for "reading so much into things", well, this particular point has been made on social media for at least a few weeks to damaging results. I'm not surprised it's on TUG now. Coincidence? Sure, it's possible.

You said it in the post I replied to. You said “I'm don't understand this curiosity from those who don't know anyone... it's almost as if they don't believe it's true. Say it ain't so.” So I replied saying it isn’t so. I do not know what you are talking about when you say this point has been made on social media for the last few weeks to damaging results. I have no idea what you are talking about. This is the only place I hear anything about Covid. I do not go on social media to read or talk about Covid.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
You said it in the post I replied to. You said “I'm don't understand this curiosity from those who don't know anyone... it's almost as if they don't believe it's true. Say it ain't so.” So I replied saying it isn’t so. I do not know what you are talking about when you say this point has been made on social media for the last few weeks to damaging results. I have no idea what you are talking about. This is the only place I hear anything about Covid. I do not go on social media to read or talk about Covid.

I was referring generally to the issue that there are many (on social media) who have questioned the legitimacy of C19 by asking "do you know anyone who has had it?", etc.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
Given what is going on at the NY Times these days, I have no trust in anything they publish.
That mistrust extends to all of what is referred to these days as the media.
What is going on??????????

Country Roads

Reaction score
The people with hidden immunity against Covid-19?

While the latest research suggests that antibodies against Covid-19 could be lost in just three months, a new hope has appeared on the horizon: the enigmatic T cell.

When researchers tested blood samples taken years before the pandemic started, they found T cells which were specifically tailored to detect proteins on the surface of Covid-19

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was referring generally to the issue that there are many (on social media) who have questioned the legitimacy of C19 by asking "do you know anyone who has had it?", etc.

How do you know they are questioning the legitimacy by asking that question? Maybe they were just curious like me. I am still shocked that no one close to me in my family, friend or employee circle or my husband’s company has come down with Covid.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
One of their right wing columnists that delight in suggesting, or outright saying, that liberals are snowflakes, quit a couple of weeks ago whining that she was being mistreated because she is conservative. I haven’t noticed any difference in the reporting and I read it daily.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
One of their right wing columnists that delight in suggesting, or outright saying, that liberals are snowflakes, quit a couple of weeks ago whining that she was being mistreated. I haven’t noticed any difference in the reporting and I read it daily.

And if you believe this is the way that went down, I have some ocean front property in Arizona for you.....

geekette

Reaction score
How do you know they are questioning the legitimacy by asking that question? Maybe they were just curious like me. I am still shocked that no one close to me in my family, friend or employee circle or my husband’s company has come down with Covid.
I am definitely not shocked that none in my close comport have it. My employed friends have been working from home for months. I am not close with any essential workers. the people I know with pre-existing conditions are staying put and not taking risks. It would be more shocking if my seriously-hunkered-down-aunt got it as it would have to slide under the door.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

The answer to this question would force the mods to close this thread. If you're really interested, you should be able to find the answer.

However, to answer your second question... there are now ~4.4 million cases in the US (assuming you trust the numbers now that they are politically influenced and not being sent from the CDC...which is another topic altogether) and ~330 million people in the US so just ~1.47% positive.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am definitely not shocked that none in my close comport have it. My employed friends have been working from home for months. I am not close with any essential workers. the people I know with pre-existing conditions are staying put and not taking risks. It would be more shocking if my seriously-hunkered-down-aunt got it as it would have to slide under the door.

I am shocked because several of my family members are essential workers. Also I am shocked because no one stays home 100%. Everyone has gone out for something like groceries, doctor's appointments and other things. Supposedly many of the people who get it were staying home. A while back Andrew Cuomo said he was shocked because in a study of people admitted to the hospital, the majority said they were mainly staying home. So I assumed at some point, I would know many people who got it that were mainly staying home. Unless you stay home 100% and get no deliveries, there is always a chance you can get it. Given how contagious it is, I would assume more people would have it by now.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The answer to this question would force the mods to close this thread. If you're really interested, you should be able to find the answer.

However, to answer your second question... there are now ~4.4 million cases in the US (assuming you trust the numbers now that they are politically influenced and not being sent from the CDC...which is another topic altogether) and ~330 million people in the US so just ~1.47% positive.

4.4 million cases sounds like a lot but when you say it is only 1.47% of the population, then it is not that many.

Brett

Reaction score
4.4 million cases sounds like a lot but when you say it is only 1.47% of the population, then it is not that many.

not that many unless you're one of those hit hard by the virus or died
One of our family friends was on a Nile cruise in Feb and got the coronvirus and was in the hospital for a week

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I am shocked because several of my family members are essential workers. Also I am shocked because no one stays home 100%. Everyone has gone out for something like groceries, doctor's appointments and other things. Supposedly many of the people who get it were staying home. A while back Andrew Cuomo said he was shocked because in a study of people admitted to the hospital, the majority said they were mainly staying home. So I assumed at some point, I would know many people who got it that were mainly staying home. Unless you stay home 100% and get no deliveries, there is always a chance you can get it. Given how contagious it is, I would assume more people would have it by now.

Yes, what we've discussed on TUG and I've read elsewhere is that most spread seems to be occurring within households. I don't believe there has been confirmation that anyone caught it from a delivery yet (if so, I haven't seen it and am very interested so if anyone has please post a link).

Many, if not most, people are staying home and/or are very careful when outside. The articles we see about unsafe activities are typically the exemption (at least, I hope so, but honestly...I'm not sure).

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Status
Not open for further replies.