• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

travel4you5 ebay seller A/K/A National Resort Title et al

DVCAKL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- AKL
DVC- SSR
Quick Update

I did receive a refund check today. On the check it says "National Resort Title Escrow Account" with a different address than what's listed with the BBB. It turns out the address listed on this check is the home address for Kelly Williams Gillispie. I will let you know if it goes through. I believe it will.

For all of you on here that stated you were scammed (even if you got your money back or cancelled the transaction before paying), not one person sent me a DM willing to send their information to the detective at the Sheriff's office so they could investigate. I'm not sure how else we can make them stop listing fraudulent auctions if we don't take action. Just sayin! :p Cleary eBay does not care...

Last edited:

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on what you apparently accomplished and in the remarkably short and efficient way you went about it !

DVCAKL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- AKL
DVC- SSR
Congratulations on what you apparently accomplished and in the remarkably short and efficient way you went about it !
Thank you!

They messed with the wrong DVC girl trying to take my $7300!

I wish I would have seen all these posts first but then again, I'm glad the transaction went through and I have a letter from DVC stating the contract was not a legitimate Disney contract so now people are starting to pay attention to what's happening. I rec'd a call back from eBay this evening they are actually investigating further and not completed with what they started. The seller was slapped on the wrist for 24 hours in violation of eBays policy of doing a transaction outside of eBay but are now looking into the DVC units as being fraudulent. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

DVCAKL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- AKL
DVC- SSR
So a little follow up and a question. First, the check did clear and everything is good on my end. I noticed yesterday someone left this person a negative feedback, going through the same thing that some of us have gone through, yet it looks as Ebay has now removed it. I still have a copy of this because I gave this over to the Sheriffs office to be included with everything else. Why would Ebay remove feedback left by the buyer? Because he ended up cancelling the transaction after finding out it was fraudulent? I don't understand this at all....

1685734722224.png

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
This isn't the first time that I've heard that eBay has removed negative comments. I've seen it happen with someone who does a lot of auto sales on eBay, and those negative comments have magically disappeared. Go figure.

eBay makes their income via listings and sales so they have every incentive to remove negative comments to keep their income stream. Doesn't help the consumer at all.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
So a little follow up and a question. First, the check did clear and everything is good on my end. I noticed yesterday someone left this person a negative feedback, going through the same thing that some of us have gone through, yet it looks as Ebay has now removed it. I still have a copy of this because I gave this over to the Sheriffs office to be included with everything else. Why would Ebay remove feedback left by the buyer? Because he ended up cancelling the transaction after finding out it was fraudulent? I don't understand this at all....

View attachment 77472
The seller disputes it and indicates that it was to a non paying bidder, thus Ebay removes it. Ebay is complacent with the scam.

DVCAKL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- AKL
DVC- SSR
The seller disputes it and indicates that it was to a non paying bidder, thus Ebay removes it. Ebay is complacent with the scam.
That's just insane.

drkuz

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
2x Marriott Grande Ocean
4x Marriott Grande Ocean (in Process)

View attachment 77472
Here is how the Travel4You5 (& National Resort Title) Ebay Scam (and Feedback Manipulation) Works

As an established eBay seller for 18+ years I am quite familiar with the eBay payment systems, feedback hacking, and resolution systems. I fully understand what is and is not protected through ebay so I generally feel comfortable making purchases from questionable sellers on ebay. I’ve seen my fair share of scams from the seller side but rarely on the buyer side.

I "purchased" a Marriott Timeshare from travel4you5 partially out of curiosity. The deal was too good to be true and I'm fascinated by how all of this work. They sent over incorrect forms and I actually had a fun call with "Josh" before he hung up on me. As soon as I asked him about the Gillespies he hung up and never returned my phone calls, emails, or messages after that.

So, how does the scam work?
2 Parts:

Part 1: Ebay feedback hacking. Travel4You5 (and others like it) will not allow you to checkout through the ebay system. They only offer 'pay on pickup' and payment outside of eBay. They effectively will not allow or report that you have paid for your item. Ebay will then flag the transaction and 'Buyer didn't pay'. In the eBay system, a seller can automatically have negative feedback removed from non paying bidders. In fact, I've tracked their feedback for a while and almost every night they have a negative timeshare feedback that "magically disappears' the next day. I left a negative feedback similar to the one above only to have it removed. I actually went a step further and called ebay after the transaction to give them the details of the scam. I called again after my feedback was removed and gave them additional details. Essentially, if you have a certain number of legitimate transactions (see their sports cards sells), it will water down the negative reports and scam warnings to ebay. They actively manipulate their feedback to appear legitimate - this is their only real marking tool. If you were scammed by them, call ebay and explain the scam before leaving negative feedback (this is an important step to shutting them down, even if the feedback gets removed). Eventually, eBay will shut them down after enough calls.

Part 2: Take money and delay. The second part of the scam is simply to take the money and delay as long as possible. They will try to delay out to the 90 or 180 day windows for credit card and bank clawbacks. They do this by a variety of fraudulent paperwork and lies. As many know on this forum, legitimate resells take forever so this is actually less difficult than it may seem. Effectively, they try to communicate just enough to get past the windows then stop answering any calls / emails etc.

Lastly, they basically out-patience people and let them give up. If you have experienced fraud, contact ebay (via call) then call the Sevierville Sheriff office. The more reports, the faster action is taken.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I bought a Marriott timeshare from them, paid with a credit card, then Marriott confirmed it was fraud and no ROFR or transfer was happening. I then left negative feedback on eBay, but travel4you5 filed a non-payment dispute with eBay, so my feedback was removed right away.

I responded to the dispute providing evidence that I paid, but eBay was not interested in seeing any proof. I called eBay, explained the scam, offered to prove that I paid, but eBay refused to reinstate the feedback, and still penalized my account with a non-payment penalty.

I then disputed the transaction with my credit card and got a refund that way.

eBay is actively protecting the scammer. They are still on eBay.

DVCAKL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- AKL
DVC- SSR
Here is how the Travel4You5 (& National Resort Title) Ebay Scam (and Feedback Manipulation) Works

As an established eBay seller for 18+ years I am quite familiar with the eBay payment systems, feedback hacking, and resolution systems. I fully understand what is and is not protected through ebay so I generally feel comfortable making purchases from questionable sellers on ebay. I’ve seen my fair share of scams from the seller side but rarely on the buyer side.

I "purchased" a Marriott Timeshare from travel4you5 partially out of curiosity. The deal was too good to be true and I'm fascinated by how all of this work. They sent over incorrect forms and I actually had a fun call with "Josh" before he hung up on me. As soon as I asked him about the Gillespies he hung up and never returned my phone calls, emails, or messages after that.

So, how does the scam work?
2 Parts:

Part 1: Ebay feedback hacking. Travel4You5 (and others like it) will not allow you to checkout through the ebay system. They only offer 'pay on pickup' and payment outside of eBay. They effectively will not allow or report that you have paid for your item. Ebay will then flag the transaction and 'Buyer didn't pay'. In the eBay system, a seller can automatically have negative feedback removed from non paying bidders. In fact, I've tracked their feedback for a while and almost every night they have a negative timeshare feedback that "magically disappears' the next day. I left a negative feedback similar to the one above only to have it removed. I actually went a step further and called ebay after the transaction to give them the details of the scam. I called again after my feedback was removed and gave them additional details. Essentially, if you have a certain number of legitimate transactions (see their sports cards sells), it will water down the negative reports and scam warnings to ebay. They actively manipulate their feedback to appear legitimate - this is their only real marking tool. If you were scammed by them, call ebay and explain the scam before leaving negative feedback (this is an important step to shutting them down, even if the feedback gets removed). Eventually, eBay will shut them down after enough calls.

Part 2: Take money and delay. The second part of the scam is simply to take the money and delay as long as possible. They will try to delay out to the 90 or 180 day windows for credit card and bank clawbacks. They do this by a variety of fraudulent paperwork and lies. As many know on this forum, legitimate resells take forever so this is actually less difficult than it may seem. Effectively, they try to communicate just enough to get past the windows then stop answering any calls / emails etc.

Lastly, they basically out-patience people and let them give up. If you have experienced fraud, contact ebay (via call) then call the Sevierville Sheriff office. The more reports, the faster action is taken.
I have tried to get people to contact me that have been scammed by these people because I have a report going and working with a detective at the Sevier County Sheriff's office. If anyone is interested please message me for details. It's the only way to stop the fraud!

DVCAKL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- AKL
DVC- SSR

One of the issues with this is Disney (DVC) passes ROFR within 30-days. Typical resale closings with DVC are 6-8 weeks maximum. Most DVC resale buyers should know the ropes enough to spot this. I am sorry to hear the others take such a long time!

DVCAKL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- AKL
DVC- SSR
eBay is actively protecting the scammer. They are still on eBay.
They are but they haven't been able to sell anything for a couple days now. Not sure if they are just temporarily suspended or what is going on.

drkuz

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
2x Marriott Grande Ocean
4x Marriott Grande Ocean (in Process)
They are but they haven't been able to sell anything for a couple days now. Not sure if they are just temporarily suspended or what is going on.
It looks like Ebay took down all of their inventory and suspended sells! This is a win, even if it is temporary. I'm sure they will pop back up under a different name, but I'm glad Tugbbs is here to aggregate all of the knowledge base and share experiences.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good grief! These timeshare exit company scammers/vampires in Tennessee just won't die, will they?????!!!!!

DVCAKL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- AKL
DVC- SSR
It looks like Ebay took down all of their inventory and suspended sells! This is a win, even if it is temporary. I'm sure they will pop back up under a different name, but I'm glad Tugbbs is here to aggregate all of the knowledge base and share experiences.
Agreed! They are still not selling it's been almost a week now. Certainly longer than the last 24 hr. slap on the wrist they had! I also filed a complaint with their merchant account so god only knows what will happen...

DVCAKL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- AKL
DVC- SSR
Hi all. I rec'd a call today from the Florida AG's office in reference to the report I filed with the FTC. Anyone here who's had an issue with these sellers, please report it here:

They asked me to share this information, even if you are not in Florida they will pass it along to where it needs to go.

Last edited:

DVCAKL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- AKL
DVC- SSR
Not sure what they are up to now because the email "Morgan Cook" sent is completely false. The refund check cleared weeks ago, I called Capital One and they put the charges BACK on my card end of May so THIS has come out of nowhere.... and so what, they think a $50 gift card for my troubles will make what they are doing Ok?

"Good afternoon,

We spoke with our merchant and they advised us that Capital One is waiting to hear back from you to confirm that you've received your refund check and that the funds cleared and haven't returned. We have already provided them a copy of the cleared check as well, but I wanted to ask if you could please reach out to Capital One to advise as such, so that the dispute can be closed out, so that we can completely close out escrow and close this file in our system? It would be greatly appreciated.

Also regarding the problems and inconvenience you've experienced, we keep $50.00 gift cards that we send out to clients and businesses from time to time for various reasons, and would like to offer you one of your choice to Olive Garden, Red Lobster or Outback for your inconveniences. If you'd like to just let us know which you'd like then we will get one sent out to you, of course no strings attached."

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Not sure what they are up to now because the email "Morgan Cook" sent is completely false. The refund check cleared weeks ago, I called Capital One and they put the charges BACK on my card end of May so THIS has come out of nowhere.... and so what, they think a $50 gift card for my troubles will make what they are doing Ok?
It seems that your dispute is still open?

DVCAKL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- AKL
DVC- SSR
It seems that your dispute is still open?
But it's not. After my bank informed me the check had cleared I contacted Capital One and let them know the check cleared and they put the charges back onto my card. I paid it the same day with the funds from the check so there is no open dispute. It's been closed since May 30th. Not sure why they would send that email to me today because it's false unless Capital One is still investigating them. I did send proof the transaction was fraudulent but if they are still investigating that has nothing to do with me at this point. That is between them and the merchant.

Last edited:

DVCAKL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- AKL
DVC- SSR
They are back on eBay with multiple listings.
So this time they only stopped selling for a little over a week. Ebay is unbelievable sometimes.

altiste1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge
Marriott Phuket Beach Club
Wyndham Bali Hai
I wonder if there is an intrepid investigative reporter somewhere who might be interested in developing a story about how eBay actively aids and abets fraudsters on its platform. At least, that would be the angle to pitch.

TDub1313

Reaction score
So glad I found this thread. They have multiple auctions up right now. It seems like they are using very short auction lengths. Maybe to pop up and then be off all at once since people seem to be on to them. Many end all within a few minutes of the others. I also looked at their feed back and it appears to be spammed positive feed back. Same comments over and over.

Thanks TUG!