• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

travel4you5 ebay seller A/K/A National Resort Title et al

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wanted to warn people about the shady business dealings of National Resort Title LLC, 1779 Newport Hwy, Sevierville TN 37876. They are doing business on eBay as Travel 4 You (user name is Travel4you5). I am guessing that they may have multiple user names and/or change them frequently as their emails and eBay user seem to all be Travel4You plus a number. I purchased a HGVC timeshare from them on eBay (user name is Travel4you5). Kelly Gillispie from Travel 4 You sent me a contract and payment forms to complete. Throughout the process, I identified multiple red flags including his instances that I provide Travel 4 You my payment info and not the title company, inconsistencies in the documentation that he provided (multiple names on the payment forms, hand written estoppel with incorrect details, etc.). I then did some digging into the title company that he wanted to use, National Resort Title, and discovered multiple BBB complaints. I also discovered that Kelly was listed as a registered agent for this National Resort Title according to the Tennessee Secretary of State Business services. This is an obvious conflict of interest as he was the seller and the person that I was supposed to send the escrow money to? When I asked Kelly about this he said he had no affiliation with National Resort Title but it was one of 3 title companies that they use. When I called National Resort Title nobody answered but I eventually received a call back from a women and from a different number stating she was with National Resort title (I think she said her name was Morgan but I could be mistaken) who said that National Resort Title was the "in house" title company for Travel 4 You. She also said that she hadn't received my file but explained the process to me. Later in the call when I ask about how the refund process works if the First Right of Refusal is exercised by Hilton, she miraculously knew the exact amount of what the full refund would be. There is no doubt in my mind that National Resort Title and Travel 4 You are the same company and Kelly Gillispie is an agent for both. When I provided the email evidence to Kelly that he was listed as a registered agent for this National Resort Title according to the Tennessee Secretary of State Business services, he completely disengaged and wanted to cancel the contract. I offered to pay the full amount in the contract including the closing cost for National Resort Title if we used a separate escrow only service to hold my payment until the transaction was complete. He declined and backed out of the contract. A seller in a real estate transaction (which a deeded timeshare is considered) does not have the authority to require a buyer to use a specific title company especially if the buyer is paying the closing cost. Considering all of the potential red flags, specifically that Kelly is an agent of the seller and title company, I as the buyer felt I had the right to request a different title company but would have settled for a escrow only service where I know my money is protect if the deal falls through because the estoppel wasn't authentic/accurate or Hilton exercise its First right of refusal. National Resort Title did not grant me that right even though I would have paid for it myself and still paid the full closing amount to National Resort Title for the paperwork they completed. The only logical explanation is that this is a scam that I did not fall for, otherwise, they would allow the money to be escrowed somewhere else to ensure I am protected if it falls through. See below for a listing of all the red flags. It is a good list of things to look out for when by a timeshare through eBay. It is in somewhat chronological order to follow how I went from a few red flags to some major ones. At best this is a dishonest company that does not disclose they are forcing you to use themselves as the closing company where you are not actually sending your payment to an independent escrow account where you would not be at all protected if the deal falls through (and judging by the multiple BBB complaints against them, many have). At worst these are scammers who use multiple eBay names to take peoples money without any intentions on completing the contract.
  • He ended the auction 12:00 AM on Friday but his office and the title company were closed Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
  • He has been a member of eBay only since 2019. Have 84 feedback during that time but only 17 were from selling items and the rest from buying items. I am guessing it is small transactions to just beef up the rating but that is speculation on my part but easily verifiable by eBay. All the selling feedback with the exception of one item was from over 12 months ago. The only recent (within 6 months) selling feedback is neutral, not positive. My guess is because they held off on submitting feedback until close to the 60 day deadline and the transaction was still not complete and they were sure if it would be. Again, speculation on my part but easily verifiable by eBay.
  • The contract he sent made no mention of the escrow or refund process if the right of first refusal was exercised
  • He sent me an estoppel with all the details hand written that anyone could have created. It was not the official HGVC estoppel that is signed and authorized from Hilton as he stated you would provide to me
  • The fees he stated on your so called estoppel do not even appear to be accurate. The maintenance and transfer fees are set by Hilton and consistent based on the unit type. That is why I wanted to see the estoppel because I know what the maintenance and transfer fees should have been and wasn’t sure where your numbers were coming from.
  • He was pushy and continued to pressure me to pay immediately despite not directly answering the questions I was repeatedly asking or providing the requested documentation
  • The e-check one time authorization form he sent me to fill out was to give "Travel 4 You" the authorization to debit my checking account, not the title company even though he confirmed that I would pay the title company directly prior to me bidding so I should not be giving Travel 4 You authorization for payment
  • He was insistent that I send him the payment information and not directly to the title company
  • He then sent me the banking info to wire the money to the title company account instead of it coming directly from them
  • The title company never contact me directly
  • I placed 5 calls throughout various times on Monday 10/5/2020. Travel 4 You or National Resort Title never answered my calls and it always went to voicemail. This doesn’t include the calls I made on Sunday that I was not expecting an answer but just checking to see if by chance someone would answer since even though it was not during business hours since I was receiving info from them.
  • All the call backs that I received were from a different numbers. The returned call I got from Travel 4 You was a Utah number even though they were in TN. National Resort Tile also came from a different number compare to the number I called. They also only contacted me after I told Travel 4 You that I was waiting on a call from them which I then received minutes after telling him
  • The person I spoke with at the title company said that National Resort Title was the “in house” title company for Travel 4 You. She also said that she hadn’t received my file but later in the call when I ask about how the refund process works if the First Right of Refusal is exercised by Hilton, she miraculously knew the exact amount of what the full refund would be
  • Within minutes National Resort Title calling me, Travel 4 You emailed me stating that they have now called me and verified everything so I had to pay immediately
  • I then looked into National Resort Title a found they had 7 Better Business Bureau complaints against them
  • There are multiple addresses provided for National Resort Title, one appears to be for a gas station and the other for a commercial space that is available for rent.
  • I identified that Kelly Gillispie who had been contacting me from Travel 4 You was listed as a registered agent of National Resort Title that he wanted me to send the "escrow" money to which I was not comfortable with.
  • Kelly then declined my offer to use a separate escrow service even though I would have paid for it and I still would have paid the other closing cost in full and pulled out of the contract
  • Then he reposted another HGVC 7,000 point listing at eBay with nearly identical information
  • He never was able to explain any of the potentially shady actions but instead said "haha" and that the reposting was not identical as it was a 3 bedroom and not a 2 bedroom as he had before.
Several good ebay listings pending (including Disney)
Any reason to think this is either an unrelated seller or that they have changed their ways?

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any reason to think either this is either an unrelated seller or that they have changed their ways?

Isn't it odd that they don't have any feedback for their Timeshare transactions? All their feedback is for all the other items they buy or sell.....

oregonskibum

Reaction score
Isn't it odd that they don't have any feedback for their Timeshare transactions? All their feedback is for all the other items they buy or sell.....

I saw one positive comment regarding their vacation when I reviewed their feedback as a Seller (not Buyer). But mostly their feedback references baseball cards. But if you’re going to defraud people for a bunch of timeshares, why build a positive feedback rating of 1,800+? That takes time and work. Something I don’t often attribute to scammers. I was interested in one of their auctions, but just can’t take the risk after reading the other threads on this seller.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I saw one positive comment regarding their vacation when I reviewed their feedback as a Seller (not Buyer). But mostly their feedback references baseball cards. But if you’re going to defraud people for a bunch of timeshares, why build a positive feedback rating of 1,800+? That takes time and work. Something I don’t often attribute to scammers. I was interested in one of their auctions, but just can’t take the risk after reading the other threads on this seller.
I wonder if they buy Ebay accounts, either stolen ones or accounts people perhaps put up for sale that they no longer use?

Chy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had a successful transaction with them? Are they truly a scam or just incompetent?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Has anyone had a successful transaction with them? Are they truly a scam or just incompetent?

They seem to have completed a few transactions with worthless or very cheap timeshares like $1, a few years ago, probably to build trust. Anything of value is 100% scam. They don't have those timeshares, not just incompetent, they wilfully defraud people out of money on eBay, repeatedly.

jrb916

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately they have gotten a little wiser as they now accept credit cards per their most recent listings. We can only hope they try to defraud someone using a card & the credit card cops bust them. ‍

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Unfortunately they have gotten a little wiser as they now accept credit cards per their most recent listings. We can only hope they try to defraud someone using a card & the credit card cops bust them. ‍
If they can drag it out past 120 days, they probably won't have an issue. I beleive disputes can only be done within 120 days of the charge appearing on your statement. With many timeshare transactions, 120+ to close isn't a hard thing to do.

Chy

TUG Member
Reaction score
How can one verify whether your transaction is truly going forward or not? Whether it’s this seller or anyone else? Can you view a deed being recorded or something else? Marriott rofr verification? How do you know with such long waits if it’s actually being done?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
How can one verify whether your transaction is truly going forward or not? Whether it’s this seller or anyone else? Can you view a deed being recorded or something else? Marriott rofr verification? How do you know with such long waits if it’s actually being done?
You can ask for a copy of of the estoppel. But as noted, that can be faked. You are best to get the name of the current owner so you can look it up on county websites. The best thing though is just to search for the seller name here on TUG and it may turn up threads like this one.

In the end, you really don't know how they are progressing, if they are at all. That is how the scam works.

DVCAKL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- AKL
DVC- SSR
Any reason to think this is either an unrelated seller or that they have changed their ways?
I purchased one of the Disney contracts last month. Waiting to see what will happen. Disney has been flying through ROFR and allowing everything to pass. I hope this goes through but if not I will just contact my credit card company to get refunded. I will update here once it's settled either way. Say a prayer for me please! lol

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I purchased one of the Disney contracts last month. Waiting to see what will happen. Disney has been flying through ROFR and allowing everything to pass. I hope this goes through but if not I will just contact my credit card company to get refunded. I will update here once it's settled either way. Say a prayer for me please! lol
Remember the important dates to dispute charges on your credit card. 60 days from when it appears on your statement. You don't want to even be a date over that. I fear though that you have a signed contract and they can just provide that to your bank to dispute the chargeback. Were you aware of the issues with this seller before buying? They are an outright scam, they don't have any DVC point contracts and you bought nothing.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score

This seller is 100% a scammer. They do not have any DVC points to sell you- they are going to steal your money. I suggest you file the dispute with your credit card company now and hope for the best.

DVCAKL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- AKL
DVC- SSR
Remember the important dates to dispute charges on your credit card. 60 days from when it appears on your statement. You don't want to even be a date over that. I fear though that you have a signed contract and they can just provide that to your bank to dispute the chargeback. Were you aware of the issues with this seller before buying? They are an outright scam, they don't have any DVC point contracts and you bought nothing.
I did not see the reviews prior to now however I did see a few positive feedbacks left on eBay, one for DVC and one with Marriott. I already spoke to my credit card company in advance. They are aware of the purchase and potential scam and I have already been informed they have a different dispute process if it goes past 60-days due to this being a real estate transaction. I have a rep at DVC looking into this.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I did not see the reviews prior to now however I did see a few positive feedbacks left on eBay, one for DVC and one with Marriott. I already spoke to my credit card company in advance. They are aware of the purchase and potential scam and I have already been informed they have a different dispute process if it goes past 60-days due to this being a real estate transaction. I have a rep at DVC looking into this.

Do you have a full name (first and last) of anyone from the seller or "closing company"? When they scammed me, they only signed by first names like "Josh" and refused to provide full names of anyone.

DVCAKL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- AKL
DVC- SSR
Do you have a full name (first and last) of anyone from the seller or "closing company"? When they scammed me, they only signed by first names like "Josh" and refused to provide full names of anyone.
Morgan Cook is the closing Agent at the title company. I would have to go back and look at the seller information. I know it's Josh but that's about it. The title company stated they sent for ROFR on the 17th. Disney has been flying through ROFR in under 30 days and hasn't bought back a contract this year. If they can not provide me with the ROFR information after 30 days I will dispute the charge. I also put a call in to the Department of Commerce and Insurance services, TN. They are supposed to call me back tomorrow. I will at least know if this Title company is legit. I will keep everyone posted on the outcome. I did see (from a google search) that they are hiring closing agents at this company. Found the ad on Indeed. lol

Last edited:

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score

FYI​

I think but do not know that you have a 10 day right to cancel even though this is a resale
Others may know better than I

The below is just some bits and pieces of the Florida Statue

The 2022 Florida Statutes (including 2022 Special Session A and 2023 Special Session B)
600x3_gradient.gif

Title XL
REAL AND PERSONAL PROPERTY
Chapter 721
VACATION AND TIMESHARE PLANS
View Entire Chapter
CHAPTER 721
VACATION AND TIMESHARE PLANS
721.06 Contracts for purchase of timeshare interests.
721.065 Resale purchase agreements.

721.10 Cancellation.

721.065 Resale purchase agreements.—
(1) An owner who acquires a timeshare interest for her or his own use and occupancy and later offers it for resale, or any agent of such person, must utilize a resale purchase agreement which complies with the provisions of subsection (2) to effectuate any resale of the timeshare interest. A managing entity, not otherwise a developer, that sells, or engages a third party to sell on its behalf, 50 or fewer timeshare interests in the timeshare plan which it manages in a given calendar year to persons who are not existing purchasers of that timeshare plan may also use a resale purchase agreement which complies with subsection (2) in lieu of complying with the provisions of ss. 721.06-721.12 and 721.20. A managing entity, not otherwise a developer, that sells, or engages a third party to sell on its behalf, timeshare interests in the timeshare plan which it manages to persons who are existing purchasers of that timeshare plan may also use a resale purchase agreement in compliance with subsection (2) in lieu of complying with the provisions of ss. 721.06-721.12 and 721.20. For purposes of this subsection, a rebuttable presumption shall exist that an owner who has acquired more than seven timeshare interests did not acquire them for her or his own use and occupancy.
(2) Any resale purchase agreement utilized by a person described in subsection (1) must contain all of the following:
(a) The name and address of the timeshare plan and of the managing entity of the timeshare plan.
(c) The following statement in conspicuous type located immediately prior to the space in the contract reserved for the signature of the purchaser:
You may cancel this contract without any penalty or obligation within 10 days after the date you sign this contract. If you decide to cancel this contract, you must notify the seller in writing of your intent to cancel. Your notice of cancellation shall be effective upon the date sent and shall be sent to the seller at (address) . Any attempt to obtain a waiver of your cancellation right is void and of no effect. While you may execute all closing documents in advance, the closing, as evidenced by delivery of the deed or other document, before expiration of your 10-day cancellation period, is prohibited.

Last edited:

DVCAKL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- AKL
DVC- SSR
Just to update what I've found out so far....
National Resort Title is a real company (if you can call them that) with a Western Surety bond that I was able to verify through BOA. Their bond is valid through 2025. In reaching out to my DVC rep, the contract number I have, that starts with 20 is for Old Key West. Contracts for BRV start with a different number so I'm currently in the process of asking the title company and Travel 4 You what the contract number is so my rep can see if it's been submitted for ROFR. If not, I am calling my bank and disputing the charges as fraudulent. I am pretty sure Travel 4 You and National Resort Title are the same people. Will continue to keep everyone posted.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
National Resort Title is a real company (if you can call them that) with a Western Surety bond that I was able to verify through BOA. Their bond is valid through 2025. In reaching out to my DVC rep, the contract number I have, that starts with 20 is for Old Key West. Contracts for BRV start with a different number so I'm currently in the process of asking the title company and Travel 4 You what the contract number is so my rep can see if it's been submitted for ROFR. If not, I am calling my bank and disputing the charges as fraudulent. I am pretty sure Travel 4 You and National Resort Title are the same people. Will continue to keep everyone posted.

Why wait? Dispute it now and let them prove it otherwise..........

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Well, our BWV contracts start with 40, and I always thought it was because BWV was the 4th DVC condominium association created, after OKW, VB, and HHI. That would make BRV contracts begin with 50, because it was the 5th one. However, if OKW contracts begin with 20, that blows my theory out of the water. Sorry. I’ll see what information I can find for you elsewhere.

DVCAKL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- AKL
DVC- SSR
Well, our BWV contracts start with 40, and I always thought it was because BWV was the 4th DVC condominium association created, after OKW, VB, and HHI. That would make BRV contracts begin with 50, because it was the 5th one. However, if OKW contracts begin with 20, that blows my theory out of the water. Sorry. I’ll see what information I can find for you elsewhere.
Yes this is what I thought too but the Boulder Ridge Villa contracts start with 14 so who knows?

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Yes this is what I thought too but the Boulder Ridge Villa contracts start with 14 so who knows?
Oh well, there goes that theory! At least it appears you have the information you needed to determine whether that contract has been submitted for ROFR or not.