• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
Marriott Willow Ridge Lodge 2BR EOYE Gold Season passed at $1 - Will add to rofr.net when transaction closes.

igopogo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks
Great did it pass ? The realtor shared she hasn’t seen Marriott buy back lately … hope that is true .
Both passed. We estimated the floor at $47000.

We purchased two 1br courtyard view quarters at MGA for $50K and $52K, both passed

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC points
I put an offer for Grand Chateau 2-Bedroom lockoff EOY Platinum for $2700 on Jan 4, passed ROFR on Feb 7. I also put an offer for Cypress Harbour 2-Bedroom Annual Platinum for $1500 on Jan 28, passed on Feb 8. Both have been submitted to www.rofr.net/

Now to wait 30 to 60 days for Marriott to record the transfers and I can start booking :cool:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I put an offer for Grand Chateau 2-Bedroom lockoff EOY Platinum for $2700 on Jan 4, passed ROFR on Feb 7. I also put an offer for Cypress Harbour 2-Bedroom Annual Platinum for $1500 on Jan 28, passed on Feb 8. Both have been submitted to www.rofr.net/

Now to wait 30 to 60 days for Marriott to record the transfers and I can start booking :cool:
It might take longer than that, you haven't even got to closing on the last one yet. It still needs to get seller signatures, recorded in Orange County and then go to Marriott. Just setting expectations.

nygiants11991

TUG Member
Reaction score
It might take longer than that, you haven't even got to closing on the last one yet. It still needs to get seller signatures, recorded in Orange County and then go to Marriott. Just setting expectations.

Yeah it is more like 10 weeks just for Marriott to transfer.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC points
Good to know! Both brokers told me that they have sent the final documents to the resorts to complete the transfers. One broker said around 60 days, the other broker said around 8 weeks. Good thing I don't have any deadlines for booking trips right now

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Good to know! Both brokers told me that they have sent the final documents to the resorts to complete the transfers. One broker said around 60 days, the other broker said around 8 weeks. Good thing I don't have any deadlines for booking trips right now
I don't see how a sale where they just received ROFR today could have already been sent to Marriott. Though I suspect they are using either POA or a pre signed signature page of the deed and could have eRecorded the deed with Orange County Comptroller. So anything is possible.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Cypress Harbor 2 BR Annual Special season passed on 2/24/22 at $408.

ded4025

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott NCV
DVC VGF
Newport Coast Villas, platinum, annual, passed on 2/24/22 at $8,400. Seller paid closing cost.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points

Timing of 2 recent resale purchases:

1.) Purchase initiated on Oct. 14th and used LT Transfers. The seller was responsive and did not cause delays. HOTA mailed to Marriott on Dec. 17th, week deposited into my MVCI account February 22nd. 132 total days to complete transaction
2.) Purchase initiated on Nov. 5th and used Confused About Timeshares. The seller was responsive and did not cause delays. HOTA mailed to Marriott on Dec. 20th, week deposited into my MVCI account March 1st. 117 total days to complete the transaction

Would set expectations of 8 to 10 weeks of Marriott processing time once HOTA's are mailed.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
2 BR Harbour Lake Annual Platinum passed at $799 with seller paying closing costs.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I bought 3- 2BR Annual Grande Vista Gold weeks.
$200
$200
$202
All 3 passed on 3/24/22.
Seems that Marriott isn't interested in Gold Orlando weeks. For reference, we paid about $7,000 when we bought our MGV Gold Resale back in 2007.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems that Marriott isn't interested in Gold Orlando weeks. For reference, we paid about $7,000 when we bought our MGV Gold Resale back in 2007.

They ROFR one I tried to buy last year for $421. Grand Vista Gold 2BR same as these, but happy they let these ones go!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
They ROFR one I tried to buy last year for $421. Grand Vista Gold 2BR same as these, but happy they let these ones go!
Were these eBay purchases? Do you know for sure that these were the dollar amounts as submitted to Marriott? Sometimes brokers will throw in a bunch of fees and commissions when they submit to Marriott.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Were these eBay purchases? Do you know for sure that these were the dollar amounts as submitted to Marriott? Sometimes brokers will throw in a bunch of fees and commissions when they submit to Marriott.

The $202 was an eBay auction. The other 2 were from the same seller who offered them to me before he listed them for the same price as well since I was buying the one. I did not actually see the RORF paperwork. That said the $421 one was also the same seller, so i would assume the process would have been the same for all of them.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Maui Ocean Club Napili Towers 9th floor 3BDRM week 35 failed at $39,850.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC points

Both weeks were added to my account on April 7, 2022