• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought two Grande Vista weeks from the same seller a 2BR Platinum & a 2BR Gold for $3000. It passed ROFR. Not sure how to enter this since it was two weeks not just one.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I bought two Grande Vista weeks from the same seller a 2BR Platinum & a 2BR Gold for $3000. It passed ROFR. Not sure how to enter this since it was two weeks not just one.
If it was two weeks for $3000, enter it twice as $1500.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it was two weeks for $3000, enter it twice as $1500.

I considered that but its not two equal weeks; one is gold and one is platinum. I am unsure how it would have been submitted to Marriott, can you submit two weeks together as a package deal, or would they have been submitted separately?

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I considered that but its not two equal weeks; one is gold and one is platinum. I am unsure how it would have been submitted to Marriott, can you submit two weeks together as a package deal, or would they have been submitted separately?
If they were on one contract, they should have been submitted as a unit. Personally I'd divide it up $2000 & $1000 in this situation but other divisions are just as reasonable including $3000 & $0 respectively.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Recently made an offer for a Gold Grande Ocean Oceanside week for $6000. It passed ROFR 2 weeks ago after a 3-4 week review by Marriott. I am told by my closing Agent that it will take another 4-6 weeks for Marriott to finalize the purchase due to the backlog they have. Hope it’s a lot sooner.

sorry, I originally said platinum, meant gold. Wishful thinking!

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Recently made an offer for a Gold Grande Ocean Oceanside week for $6000. It passed ROFR 2 weeks ago after a 3-4 week review by Marriott. I am told by my closing Agent that it will take another 4-6 weeks for Marriott to finalize the purchase due to the backlog they have. Hope it’s a lot sooner.

But did you really NEED it? :D

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch

Plan on 2-3 months based on the my two that closed back in May and June. Not just backlogs, but errors requiring resubmissions, etc.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
If they were on one contract, they should have been submitted as a unit. Personally I'd divide it up $2000 & $1000 in this situation but other divisions are just as reasonable including $3000 & $0 respectively.

I got copies of the ROFR docs with the closing docs and it looks like they were submitted as $1500 each to Marriott, but they both passed so all good! Just waiting on the transfer to be completed now.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I got copies of the ROFR docs with the closing docs and it looks like they were submitted as $1500 each to Marriott, but they both passed so all good! Just waiting on the transfer to be completed now.
Congratulation, enjoy.

paxlin

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Hacienda Encantada
Marriott Summit Watch
Marriott Summit Watch $12300 as well as $12900 ROFR failed.
Heard from broker that she had one at $13500 that passed, so seems Marriott has been buying back Summit Watch below $13k.

O2L7

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott NCV
Lagonita Lodge
WOrldmark
QUESTION ON PAYMENT OF ROFR FEE

We just passed ROFR selling a Shadow Ridge Gold week for $1500.
We received the ROFR Waiver E-mail within 2 days.

I don't see any billing or direction for paying the Waiver Fee
Do we just include the $95 with the $25 Transfer Fee when submitting the External Transfer Form and New Deed?

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
QUESTION ON PAYMENT OF ROFR FEE

We just passed ROFR selling a Shadow Ridge Gold week for $1500.
We received the ROFR Waiver E-mail within 2 days.

I don't see any billing or direction for paying the Waiver Fee
Do we just include the $95 with the $25 Transfer Fee when submitting the External Transfer Form and New Deed?

Closing it yourself or via someone like LTTransfers.com?

O2L7

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott NCV
Lagonita Lodge
WOrldmark
Closing it yourself or via someone like LTTransfers.com?
Closing it ourselves since were original owners, buyer is a friend, and it's only $1500

A deed is really simple since forms are online. I've done a number of them and am experienced with the Clerk/Assessor.

trev111t

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just heard that our offer for Maui Ocean Club (Molokai, Maui & Lanai) ocean view 2BR EOY EVEN, passed Marriott ROFR. $9,400.
Nine days to clear ROFR.
Adding to rofr.net
We are happy! Already have a EOY even at Ko'Olina that will pair nicely to get us 2 weeks, EOY in Hawaii.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 3 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd, EOY Even).,
just sold my week 29 oceanfront unit at the monarch for 18,475. It is a prime week (last week july) and a view only a hand full of other units have. It appears the resale market is going up a bit. Posted on redweek and had a number of people interested. I hated getting rid of it but it only sleeps 6. Now looking for a second platinum week at the GO.

Attachments

• 648833461.jpg
    648833461.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 48

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sheraton Desert Oasis,
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
I just passed ROFR in 9 days, on a Grand Chateau 2BDR Platinum Lockoff for $2,950. I'll enter it ROFR.net. Thanks for the great resource, that database has been really helpful to me over the years.

WI GAL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKOR South, Maui
Hanalei Bay, Kauai
Aruba Surf Club
Failed on ROFR Marriott Aruba Surf Club, 2 of them each $12,500 High Season Oceanside :(

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Failed on ROFR Marriott Aruba Surf Club, 2 of them each $12,500 High Season Oceanside :(
Ahhh, you didn't really need em anyway :p

travelove

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
David Walley's Resort
I just passed ROFR in 9 days, on a Grand Chateau 2BDR Platinum Lockoff for $2,950. I'll enter it ROFR.net. Thanks for the great resource, that database has been really helpful to me over the years.
Congratulations on Grand Chateau! May I ask if you buy it for trading purposes or you want to stay there? I'm thinking about it but just for trading purposes. Also don't understand why most people suggest to buy Annual instead of YOY???

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sheraton Desert Oasis,
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
Congratulations on Grand Chateau! May I ask if you buy it for trading purposes or you want to stay there? I'm thinking about it but just for trading purposes. Also don't understand why most people suggest to buy Annual instead of YOY???
I will PM you with this so this thread stays clear of my ramblings... ;)

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 3 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd, EOY Even).,

I purchased a grand chateau 2 br EOY in 2015 as a pure trader to see how it trades. I paid 1800 on ebay with all fees. We are tied to a school schedule and are a beach family so trades are usually popular places during popular times.. We traded it as a 1 br and studio, usually trading for 2 bedrooms. It was so successful that this year we sold the EOY (got 1200) and purchased a 3 br annual for 3500 plus closing costs on redweek. We went for the 3 br because we wanted an easier time trading into the grande ocean during the summer (with the 2 bedroom side). For 2022 (first use year of 3 br), we put in a very small trading window because we own at the GO and we wanted the week before or week after we booked our unit. We were confirmed for July 2022 within 3 weeks of requesting the trade. It has a 1 day overlap but not a big deal and worth the one day waste. Our last trade of the EOY was for St Thomas the end of April with the 1 bedroom and mid May for a 2 br at the Oceana Palms with the studio. . We have been to Aruba (summer), OceanWatch (Easter), HHI (summer) and Palm Desert (Christmas) with the EOY with the only 1 br being Palm Desert . I think the GC is a great trader and I have yet to hear Marriot exercising ROFR.

Last edited: