• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 3 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd, EOY Even).,
How do you correct a mistake on rofr.net. I added a passed Grande Ocean Oceanside platinum for 9450. Instead of 4/15/2021 I put it in on 4/15/2020. Sorry for the mistake and the request to fix but without accurate dates, trends could be missed. The person selling went through a broker. Not sure if it is true or not but after paperwork signed broker was confident it would pass because Marriott wasn’t exercising much in late 20 and early 21 at GO.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
How do you correct a mistake on rofr.net. I added a passed Grande Ocean Oceanside platinum for 9450. Instead of 4/15/2021 I put it in on 4/15/2020. Sorry for the mistake and the request to fix but without accurate dates, trends could be missed. The person selling went through a broker. Not sure if it is true or not but after paperwork signed broker was confident it would pass because Marriott wasn’t exercising much in late 20 and early 21 at GO.
See the contact page of the ROFR site and send me an email. It will take me a while to fix it, so I suggest submitting the correct data and tell me which one to delete.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Any non developer resale post June 2010 are not enrolled in points.

To enroll in points, you must purchase a week direct or DC points. Right now it is 3000 DC points direct to enroll one resale week. Cost is about $33k to do that. Enroll up to 3 weeks if you purchase 4000 DC points(or 4500?) and with 5500 DC points purchase enroll up to 7 weeks.

See you in a couple months if you are at home.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
Does this come enroller in DC points. If not, how much does it cost to enroll it.

No this was resale so not enrolled. Like Frank said would have to purchase direct someone in excess of 16.000€ to get 1 week enrolled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

To enroll in points, you must purchase a week direct or DC points. Right now it is 3000 DC points direct to enroll one resale week. Cost is about $33k to do that. Enroll up to 3 weeks if you purchase 4000 DC points(or 4500?) and with 5500 DC points purchase enroll up to 7 weeks.

Just to clarify, as not everyone here may know:
Any US non developer resale post June 2010 are not enrolled in points.
For European resale, it was in 2012.
For Asia (Phuket) resale, it was in 2016.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks @frank808, @Gemini Chica in and @bazzap . I know about domestic weeks but was not sure about the European or AP ones so I had to ask.

So for about $16K Euro you get an enrolled one. I got Trust points and am not very happy with availability as of now.

See you soon Frank.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Frank, it's 4000 but only 2 weeks. I know you know this as you've done it, but for others, one can also enroll by purchasing a week retail that's enrolled but not eligible to go in the trust like Aruba or St. Kitts. Almost always cheaper and usually far less in yearly dues with no other downside that I can see. Maybe Barry or others can speak for non Caribbean resorts but I don't think the same can be done with European or Asian weeks.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Frank, it's 4000 but only 2 weeks. I know you know this as you've done it, but for others, one can also enroll by purchasing a week retail that's enrolled but not eligible to go in the trust like Aruba or St. Kitts. Almost always cheaper and usually far less in yearly dues with no other downside that I can see. Maybe Barry or others can speak for non Caribbean resorts but I don't think the same can be done with European or Asian weeks.

Pretty sure can't be done with Asian weeks.

@vol_90 would be the expert about Phuket Beach weeks. He has enrolled Phuket weeks twice and would be the Tug expert on those.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks @frank808, @Gemini Chica in and @bazzap . I know about domestic weeks but was not sure about the European or AP ones so I had to ask.

So for about $16K Euro you get an enrolled one. I got Trust points and am not very happy with availability as of now.

See you soon Frank.
We enrolled our pre 2012 European and pre 2016 Resale weeks for zero fee, but that was because we were already in the DC Points Programme having previously enrolled our US and Caribbean weeks for $695.
In Europe, they are still selling enrolled weeks although, last time I checked for Club Son Antem Gold Weeks, I believe these were for >$20,000
In Asia, I am only aware of them now selling AP Points not Weeks (enrolled or not)

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This was ROFR but is a trade of a Harbour Lake 2br platinum EOYO for my HGVC Bay Club 2br EOYO.

Even when you trade units with no monies being exchanged, you have to get a ROFR waiver from MVC. Initially we listed it as trade of timeshare units,, which it is. Bay Club does not have ROFR so received waiver within a couple of days. Marriott came back and said that they cannot mimic those terms. We were told to put a dollar value on the unit. We both agreed on putting the value at $3k. ROFR was resubmitted to Marriott and passed in a few days. Done with LT timeshares and seems like this was the first one they have attempted. So if anyone wants to trade TS units between Marriott or Hilton, it is possible.

Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This was ROFR but is a trademark of a Harbour Lake 2br platinum EOYO for my HGVC Bay Club 2br EOYO.

Even when you trade units with no monies being exchanged, you have to get a ROFR waiver from MVC. Initially we listed it as trade of timeshare units,, which it is. Bay Club does not have ROFR so received waiver within a couple of days. Marriott came back and said that they cannot mimic those terms. We were told to put a dollar value on the unit. We both agreed on putting the value at $3k. ROFR was resubmitted to Marriott and passed in a few days. Done with LT timeshares and seems like this was the first one they have attempted. So if anyone wants to trade TS units between Marriott or Hilton, it is possible.

I had a similar situation with a a fixed week timeshare for DVC points years ago. DVC required a dollar amount and we placed a value that was fair and reasonable for both. I added to my DVC points and the other party was happier with the Aruba week.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I had a similar situation with a a fixed week timeshare for DVC points years ago. DVC required a dollar amount and we placed a value that was fair and reasonable for both. I added to my DVC points and the other party was happier with the Aruba week.
I have to ask what was the Aruba TS you traded for the DVC points? I am making an educated guess that the DVC points are worth more than the Aruba TS currently.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have to ask what was the Aruba TS you traded for the DVC points? I am making an educated guess that the DVC points are worth more than the Aruba TS currently.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk
Frank the fair value was really about identical at around $3K each at the time. It was a La Cabana 1 BR which I traded for 50 OKW points that matched up with one of my UY for DVC. I don't recall off hand which week it was at LCB but I never owned weeks 51-17. It was likely week 18, 22 or 41. It's been a while. I later sold the OKW points as I downsized but I think you're correct that the current value would be quite a bit different. Sometime later I converted my fixed weeks at La Cabana to Bluegreen points with a 3000 retail purchase, one of the best moves I've made in timesharing.

teddyo333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana:
Westin Kierland (x2)
WKORV - OV (x2)
Desert Oasis (x6)
Vistana Villages - Bella
Vistana Villages - Key West
Sheraton Broadway Plantation (2BR Lockout)
Marriott:
Marriott Grande Ocean
I was just informed that Marriott passed on our purchase of a Grande Ocean Gold season for $4000. First use will be 2022. Closing in @ two weeks and placing my Marriott Sunset Pointe (Sport Season) on the market. We like Hilton Head and look forward to having a unit on the beach.

Wahoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Summit Watch
Marriott Mountainside
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Grande Ocean
Marriott Ocean Watch
Marriott waived ROFR on my Crystal Shores Gulfside Gold purchase @$6250.
Submitted the ROFR request June 2, MVC responded on June 3, <24 hours. Fastest turnaround time I have experienced among the 10+ resale weeks I have purchased...

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Just offered $17K for week 26 at NCV. This should pass ROFR right?
I would guess that this will easily pass ROFR.

Howiereed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Ocean Club, Marriott Willow Grove
Bought two Marriott Aruba Ocean Club Platinum Season Ocean View one bedrooms for $7,500 each. Marriott waived their ROFR about a month ago. I have posted these transactions in the database.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 3 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd, EOY Even).,
Annual 3 Bedroom at Grand Chateau passed at 3500 (purchase) and sold EOY 2 bedroom and it passed at 1200.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score

My European week purchased direct from Marriott came enrolled.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My European week purchased direct from Marriott came enrolled.
Steve, the reference was discussing enrolling non enrolled weeks by a developer purchase, not simply buying an enrolled week. There are quite a number of non US weeks that can be bought as an enrolled week. But can you enroll non qualified weeks with such a purchase?

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Steve, the reference was discussing enrolling non enrolled weeks by a developer purchase, not simply buying an enrolled week. There are quite a number of non US weeks that can be bought as an enrolled week. But can you enroll non qualified weeks with such a purchase?
Yes, I can confirm that option also exists.
In the Spanish resorts, they are offering now for example to buy one enrolled week e.g. Club Son Antem Gold 2 Bed, albeit for £14,000 and as part of the deal they will also enrol 1x ineligible week you already own.
This is not a benefit for us, as we have 4x ineligible weeks we would want to enrol along with our 7x already enrolled weeks.
However friends have just done this deal to include enrolling 1x ineligible week and 2x eligible weeks.

Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I can confirm that option also exists.
In the Spanish resorts, they are offering now for example to buy one enrolled week e.g. Club Son Antem Gold 2 Bed, albeit for £14,000 and as part of the deal they will also enrol 1x ineligible week you already own.
This is not a benefit for us, as we have 4x ineligible weeks we would want to enrol along with our 7x already enrolled weeks.
However friends have just done this deal to include enrolling 1x ineligible week and 2x eligible weeks.
Thanks Barry, previously for Spanish resort it had been suggested this was not a problem but sounds like it is now albeit in a smaller scale but not the option for up to 7 weeks. Good to know that there are other potential options.