• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Year weightloss thread -- who's in??

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
WOW! What a difference!!! I always thought you were HOT, but now, mmmmmmm mmmmmmmm. :D :D

Did you take measurements before you started? Our Jenny lady encourages us to take measurements once a month because you can really see the size change even if you don't "lose" that much.

Katherine

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
no measurements, but my belts dont work anymore!

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Warning -- Do Not Click Link -- Warning !

If you are participating in the challenge, whatever you do Do Not click this link.

( If you do, don't say you weren't warned. )

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

ownsmany

TUG Member
Reaction score
weight about the same. I've had some things going on and has some choc. Not at the gym every night either. I am trying to work out longer at the gym when I do go. Tonight I did 60 elicptial, 30 mins treadmill and weight training.

Hope to get back on the daily exercise program every day and hope to start dropping weight again.

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Nothing to report here. I am the same this week as last. UGH. I followed my diet carefully but worked out less this week thanks to some little bug that had me hacking and coughing all week. SIGH. I seem to not want to go down further. I think I have pretty much been the same weight for about 2 months now.

New motivation though! My sister suavely slid an insult into our phone conversation today saying how lucky she feels to have the "only skinny gene" in our family. I could have killed her!! We were both thin until we had kids. Then she lost 40 pounds thanks to a crazy thyroid disease she had (and the weight just melted off in 6 weeks). I am still working on losing my pregnancy weight 3 years later. But still. No need to stick the knife in the back.

Ah well, I get to use it as a renewed determination to lose those last 10 pounds before her visit in June. :)

Katherine

bass

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Back from my vacation in British Columbia. Went to WW today. Gained .4lbs. :( Will try harder for next week. Keep up the good work everyone.:cheer: :cheer:

Nancy

ownsmany

TUG Member
Reaction score
sdkath - wow that is motivation. So that sis that she is not the only one with skinny genes.

Some of my dress pants are hanging off of me. I don't want to get a smaller size yet, as I'm hoping to drop a few more sizes. Maybe I'll try to take them in. I'd love to give them away - but need smaller size first. Maybe I should just look in the attic for the smaller size clothes I've been holding onto for 10 years or more. They are probably totally out of style.

Now I'm trying to motivate myself when I look in the mirror saying - "I'm going to be skinny, Im going to be skinny". I know - silly - but I have to do things to keep motivated.

Those Yoga lovers - what is the best yoga dvd for a newbe? Looking to tryYoga for something differnt for a longer, leaner look. Is that what Yoga will do?

Last edited:

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Life if funny sometimes...

The short story is I'm up 0.6 after two weeks, and that's in addition to the 0.4 I reported then... so for January I lossed 9.8 and gained back 1 in February. When I look at it that way I'm ok with that.

The longer story is I have a very set schedule and set of habits and skills I rely on to loose the weight. On Superbowl Sunday I successfully completed the half-marathon, running 13.1 miles in 3 hours, 13 minutes. Not exactly blazing speed, but I actually averaged a little better than I had been doing in training.

AFTER the run there we ate hot dogs, beer and fruit just past the finish line. Then at home we went out and had the greasy fries and hamburgers. Had it ended that day, it would have been fine. BUT instead I had shifted work hours, arriving to work at 5:30am for most of that week with catered food surrounding us the entire time. Between all the goodies & the stress, I wasn't excercising much self restraint. In addition to this all, we got buckets of rain here...and still do every few days, which messed with my outdoor exercise regime. In short, my routines and habits got all screwed up.

The good news for me however is that is now all past, I'm still running a couple days a week for 45 minutes a session, swimming a couple days a week and have switched from the running group to a riding group on Saturdays to build up my biking fitness and skills. You see I'm a visible player in a triathalon club and I need to do all three: swim, bike & run for that sport. My first tri of the season is slated for early June, with a 5K and a bike event taking place in March and May. Today I met up with the beginners group and we rode up through Malibu for a total of 19 miles...and is my butt sore!!! :ignore:

Anyways, I feel like my life is returning more to normal and I'm better able to work program some more!

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
Deal or no deal?

I'm so proud of everyone on this thread. No matter what you've lost, you're all committed to a healthy change!

I am now down 14 pounds - 8 to go! That would put me at 145 - 5 foot 4 inches - which is what the BMI charts say is correct. Since I work out a lot, I figure I can probably stop there even though it's the top of my "correct weight."

I wish weight loss were like deal or no deal. At 153, if I could hit DEAL, I'd lock this weight in for life. I could never lose nor gain a pound . DEAL.

At what weight would you hit DEAL? you have to tell your sex, height, and DEAL weight to play.

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow Zac495, congratulations!!! :cheer: That is fantastic. I wish I could say the same for me. I am still not at "DEAL" range...

I have put on a pound this week thanks to a stop at Chevy's for Valentine's day. Lots of chips, salsa and a Margarita did me in. I still have not recovered. I am bummed that one meal would mess up my weight loss but like you said, it is in the past. I am back on track (mostly) except for the mocha I am enjoying this afternoon...

Everyone keep it up. I am working out regularly on the bike and feel great despite the weight ups and downs.

Katherine

ownsmany

TUG Member
Reaction score
30 pounds more and I'd be at DEAL.

lost a pound more after not losing anything for a few weeks. I'm trying to stay motivated. I think the key is you really need to focus everyday on what you eat, what you drink*water) and how much exercise you do.

I took a few nights off from the gym feeling a little under the weather.

I have new motivation as I have somewhere to be at first week of april. I'd like the people I haven't seen for a year to see me thin!!!!

I can see the difference in me so that helps.

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
30 pounds more and I'd be at DEAL.

lost a pound more after not losing anything for a few weeks. I'm trying to stay motivated. I think the key is you really need to focus everyday on what you eat, what you drink*water) and how much exercise you do.

I took a few nights off from the gym feeling a little under the weather.

I have new motivation as I have somewhere to be at first week of april. I'd like the people I haven't seen for a year to see me thin!!!!

I can see the difference in me so that helps.

Yeah! Guess what? I'm turning 50 - AK (that's another thread) March 14th. My friends are having a big party for me the 7th. People haven't seen me (some of them) for awhile - that was motivation. I have to buy new clothes. :cheer:

ownsmany

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah! Guess what? I'm turning 50 - AK (that's another thread) March 14th. My friends are having a big party for me the 7th. People haven't seen me (some of them) for awhile - that was motivation. I have to buy new clothes. :cheer:

I'm right with you sister - just later this year.

Congratulations on your weight loss. You are going to look awesome at your party.

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Down 1.2 lbs at weigh-in this morning...down 10 lbs thus far for 2009! :banana:

This was a good week with what I believe is the right combination of foods for breakfast for me. I've brought my breakfast and lunch every day this week, and for that matter have had dinner at home all week long. (hmmmmm).

We've got a b-day dinner at Olive Garden Sunday so I'm working at staying the course and continuing to be very good so I can endulge without being miserable.

Re: Deal or no deal card: I have several set points depending on where I've been in my life. 220 lbs is one of them...195 is another. I'm male, mid-40's @ 5'10". I'd be doing VERY well to reach 220 by the end of the year.

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
Well... WW wasn't working for me because I could cheat so easily. So, the other day I bought the Biggest Loser 30 Day Jump Start Diet. I'm only on day two but I like it because it tells me exactly what to eat and how much and how much to exercise. I needed something where I didn't need to make too many decisions. Now, I watch the show and I thought the food would include a lot of processed food and I'm surprised to learn that isn't the case with the Biggest Loser. There is very little processed foods in the diet.

Here's a sample day:

Breakfast: Ham & Cheese melt made with 2 egg whites, LF cheese, 1 oz ham on Whole wheat English Muffin; 3/4 cup blueberries, 8 oz Fat free milk & Tea or coffee

Snack: large apple & low fat string cheese, iced water

Lunch: Turkey Wrap: 2 oz turkey breast, 1/4 lettuce, 2 slices tomatoes & 2 tsp Dijion mustard in Multigrain Tortilla; 6 baby carrots, 1 cup jicama sticks & ice water or iced tea

Snack 2 servings (4 pieces) Hummus Deviled eggs basically homemade hummus in an egg white. No yolk.

Dinner: 5 oz chicken, 8 asparagus spears, 1 cup cherry tomatoes with 1 TBSP balsamic Vinegar & 1 TBSP fresh basil & 8 oz milk.

So far... I was really hungry yesterday but felt fine this morning. I'm tracking on WW and it was 19.5 points total for the day. I think, processed food was moving me off track too.

Good luck everyone...

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well... WW wasn't working for me because I could cheat so easily. So, the other day I bought the Biggest Loser 30 Day Jump Start Diet. I'm only on day two but I like it because it tells me exactly what to eat and how much and how much to exercise. I needed something where I didn't need to make too many decisions. Now, I watch the show and I thought the food would include a lot of processed food and I'm surprised to learn that isn't the case with the Biggest Loser. There is very little processed foods in the diet.

Here's a sample day:

Breakfast: Ham & Cheese melt made with 2 egg whites, LF cheese, 1 oz ham on Whole wheat English Muffin; 3/4 cup blueberries, 8 oz Fat free milk & Tea or coffee

Snack: large apple & low fat string cheese, iced water

Lunch: Turkey Wrap: 2 oz turkey breast, 1/4 lettuce, 2 slices tomatoes & 2 tsp Dijion mustard in Multigrain Tortilla; 6 baby carrots, 1 cup jicama sticks & ice water or iced tea

Snack 2 servings (4 pieces) Hummus Deviled eggs basically homemade hummus in an egg white. No yolk.

Dinner: 5 oz chicken, 8 asparagus spears, 1 cup cherry tomatoes with 1 TBSP balsamic Vinegar & 1 TBSP fresh basil & 8 oz milk.

So far... I was really hungry yesterday but felt fine this morning. I'm tracking on WW and it was 19.5 points total for the day. I think, processed food was moving me off track too.

Good luck everyone...

What was your baseline point range on WW's?

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
I gained a pound back and it made me SO SAD. I know, I know, I know... but still.

ciscogizmo1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What was your baseline point range on WW's?
Mine was 24. So, I know this will feel like starving to me. But I figured if I can't make it through the day I can add an extra fruit or zero point vegetable soup. I'm really like today. Today I'm have 6 CA rolls for lunch made with brown rice. So, I'm happy. I like I'm not filing up on carbs. And, I realize WW has the same program but I didn't like you could as much as you wanted on the plan. I just need some really strict guidelines for now.

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Mine was 24. So, I know this will feel like starving to me. But I figured if I can't make it through the day I can add an extra fruit or zero point vegetable soup. I'm really like today. Today I'm have 6 CA rolls for lunch made with brown rice. So, I'm happy. I like I'm not filing up on carbs. And, I realize WW has the same program but I didn't like you could as much as you wanted on the plan. I just need some really strict guidelines for now.

I think the thing to keep in mind is the title is "Jump Start" diet. You don't want to be doing this for long periods. 19 points sounds a bit light...but you have the right idea adding soup or fruit as you deem necessary.

As a very loose rule of thumb, 1 WW point = 50 calories (approximately). Thus a 20 point day is only 1000 calories, more or less. Strict is fine but make sure you are getting enough to sustain you.

ownsmany

TUG Member
Reaction score
down another pound

down another pound - and broke thru to a lower ten digit.

Should have been this focused a few years ago.

Can't wait to get to goal weight.

keep up the great work everyone.

I have to get to the gym tonight.

ciscogizmo1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think the thing to keep in mind is the title is "Jump Start" diet. You don't want to be doing this for long periods. 19 points sounds a bit light...but you have the right idea adding soup or fruit as you deem necessary.

As a very loose rule of thumb, 1 WW point = 50 calories (approximately). Thus a 20 point day is only 1000 calories, more or less. Strict is fine but make sure you are getting enough to sustain you.
I think, that only holds true (WW 1 = 50 calories) if you are eating carbs. Per the Biggest Loser book I'm eating approx 1,500 calories just most of them are in vegetables & fruit & whole grains. I'm really seeing how 1/2 the plate must be veggies. There are very few carbs on the diet. Once the 30 days are up I'll probably go back to the WW way but make sure I eat more "healthy" type foods. I was snacking too much on WW desserts, 100 Calorie snack paks, jello cups, diet pepsi, etc.. instead of grabbing a fruit or veggies to eat. I'm hoping this will help me lose some of the cravings. However, tonight I'm in a real "pickle" as I didn't realize that I had a girl scout and PTA meeting so, no chance to make dinner. I'll probably repeat yesterday's lunch. To stay on track.

ciscogizmo1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
down another pound - and broke thru to a lower ten digit.

Should have been this focused a few years ago.

Can't wait to get to goal weight.

keep up the great work everyone.

I have to get to the gym tonight.
Yay... good job... I can't wait until Thursday when I weigh myself. I told myself that I would wait until then instead of being a slave to the scale.