• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Year weightloss thread -- who's in??

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Sue,

You know in Hungary (where I was born), breakfast is the largest meal, lunch is second and dinner is usually coldcuts and bread and veggies. I have been thinking about changing around my diet pattern too. I too eat great till 4 and then I starve and have a large dinner, snacks, and late nite snacks. Even if they are healthy, I still end up eating more than I should come 10pm.

So I am going to move things around a bit too and see if I can shake up my metabolism. Great idea! Weigh in is Friday. I hope to be where I was before Thanksgiving....

Katherine

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
I love looking forward to my night meal. I KNOW it's the wrong way to eat, but I love it.

Then I get into the "you only live once - should be able to enjoy life." Then I get into - "I'm not happy living overweight." UGH. Why can't there be magic pill?

kapear

TUG Member
Reaction score
I love looking forward to my night meal. I KNOW it's the wrong way to eat, but I love it.

Then I get into the "you only live once - should be able to enjoy life." Then I get into - "I'm not happy living overweight." UGH. Why can't there be magic pill?

Unfortunately, I share these same feelings. There are days I feel like I should be able to eat whatever I want. Other people can , so why can't I? Then reality sets in and I must face reality. At almost 39, I don't have the metabolism of an 18 year old. If I eat too much garbage, I get chunky.

I know I need to eat healthy and exercise if I want to get back to 135. I am much happier whenm I am thinner.

On a good note, today was the first day back to work after a 2 week holiday break. I was able to keep my eating in check and managed to exercise when I got home. At one point I thought I might collapse off of the elliptical but I survived.

One day down, many more to go.

suesam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh my gosh Ellen! Those are the exact same things I say to myself!!

Kath-I figure it sure is worth a try! Good luck to both of us!!

Sue

sstamm

TUG Member
Reaction score

Wow- you must be the mentalist. You seem to have struck a chord with several others here, including me!!

That argument goes on in my head so much it makes me tired!

bass

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Count me in. I go back to WW on Thursday for the first time after the holidays.

Nancy:cheer: :cheer:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
-6 from day 1 of regular workout schedule (7 weeks ago)

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
-6 from day 1 of regular workout schedule (7 weeks ago)

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Yipeeeee! Congrats! And you said you were not losign weight... HA!

I am -1 but still trying to get back to pre-holiday weight so I don't count it as a victory just yet. Weigh in Friday...

Katherine

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK, count me in also. I have been working out for 6 mos with a trainer and I've only lost 5lbs!! I have lost inches tho. It's hard for me to exercise with my bad leg but I do it. I can't do walking so I try to row. shaggy

Kevin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm in!!

I've gained about 20 pounds since returning from Playa del Carmen in August!

Me and dear old FIL have made a bet. We both need to lose at least 35 pounds by 08/05/2008... just before our family trip to Hawaii! We have NO idea what the wager is, but we are already going at it! We both lift a lot so it will be a tough task. If we stick to it we'll both be winners though.

(Don't believe that for a minute. We are both, very competitive and I want to kick his @$$!) :whoopie:

Good luck everyone!!

bass

TUG Member
Reaction score
Went to WW today. Gained one pound. Will try to take off one pound a week until I reach my goal. That works best for me. Keep up the good work everybody.

Nancy:cheer:

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I joined y'all but just didn't tell you:D I'm finishing up my fourth day on the South Beach Diet.

I don't watch Oprah but have been hearing about her latest struggles on the news. Imagine, having your weight and difficulties controlling it broadcast on TV and radio day and night...ack. I can really identify with her frustration. Why the heck can't I just lose this weight and be done with it???

This time, I will do it!

Ellis2ca

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
[Message deleted. Duplicate posts are not permitted on these forums. Dave M, BBS Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
On NPR's Morning Edition (Thurs 1/9/09), there was a story which I relate to all too well. It's about over eating and the physiological changes which result as our bodies attempt to deal with the extra blood sugar, the cycles it can create as well as some changes in how we perceive ourselves as being full. I must say it explained a lot of what I've been dealing with for years.

You can see it at: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=99074990

Last edited:

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't lost weight but I tried on a pair of pants I haven't worn since summer. They are loose! So maybe I have firmed up more than I thought over the winter. My new exercise program shouldn't have had any effect yet.

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
After the first week of renewed efforts on WW's, the weigh-in this morning had me down 4.2 lbs! :banana:

Now I was very, very good this past week and I had gone out to eat the night before weigh-in last week, so I don't expect future weigh-ins to have such a dramatic loss...but it certainly comfirms I'm heading in the right direction!

We had a substitute leader at last week's meeting...a guy who lost more than 100 lbs over 18 months. When asked what was the most significant part to his success, he stated he had lazer point focus in his efforts. For the first 16 months he was a man on a mission and wasn't lead astray.

I've kept returning to that statment as I went through the week. 11 lbs to go to reach my first goal to drop 5%!

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :banana: I totally understand the focus. It's so easy to think "this little chocolate won't make a difference" but it always does. I totally stuck to my diet this first week back and I am down 2 pounds! Soooo, I am basically where I was before Thanksgiving. My Jenny consultant was very happy but she also said we want to make that next "push" to get me close to my goal. I really don't have a lot of weight to lose so I am sure this is psychological. But the fact that week 1 went well was really encouraging.

I bought some JC food and also bought some Lean Cousines (which are way cheaper but have less variety). I am ready for week 2! The only bad thing is that I really hurt my back 2 days ago so I can't exercise for a few days. Sigh.

Great NPR article by the way. Good luck to everyone this week. Remember that in reality, every calorie counts right now so don't cheat (talking to myself). :)

Katherine

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sort of a mixed bag today.

I ran 7 miles this morning with my running group, took in another WW's meeting, went home and reviewed my tracker, copying down the info I entered all week on-line to a 3 month book WW's has for $6. It helps me review and focus on how the week went.

My wife is gone to her sisters for a girls day with her mom and other sisters, so I spent the afternoon picking out a meat loaf and green been caserole recipee's from WW, shopped and came home and made them.

Both turned out fine, but I over ate on both of them and some other things I picked up at the store. :( There's a certain bit of temporary insanity which I can easily fall into and lets just say I've got some learning to do. I do cook, but not very often and it set up some opportunities I wasn't prepared to resist.

So long as it's a learning experience, I'll survive. Funny how you can do so many things right and yet still step through a trap door!

I guess I should take it one day and one hour at a time I suppose.

ps: I just added up the points for the day and I was 18 points over my daily allowance. Not great, but not the end of the world. The program provides 35 additional points to be used through the week, so it comes from those. Not a big deal.

Last edited:

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sooo, what is on the menu today? I thought it would be fun to share what we eat while on our diets. Here is my day all planned out to avoid surprise calories. :)

1) Light granola cereal with nonfat milk (3/4 c)
2) Tangerine for snack around 11 (I am never hungry in am)
3) Lunch: Jenny Fish N Chips microwave food (yummy!) with salad and low fat ranch dressing. I add cranberries to spice it up sometimes. No croutons. Sigh...
4) Afternoon hunger: South Beach Diet high protein bar and a yogurt
5) Dinner: Jenny Craig Chicken Carbonara, salad, steamed veggies I make for family too
6) After dinner (my tricky time): tonight I am aiming for a cottage cheese around 9pm or if I want something salty, maybe low fat popcorn. If I want something sweet, I have one of those Jenny Craig low fat chocolate cheesecake desserts ready to go in the fridge. If I am really hungry, I have low fat string cheese I can add too.

Then hopefully NOTHING else today. That should keep me in the 1200 cal zone. I do carry an extra apple in my purse in case of emergency. :) I'll let you all know how today went. No working out today still - back really sore still.

Happy Monday!

Katherine

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I had a whey protien shake this morning...

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Breakfast - South Beach-friendly Belgian waffles
Mid-morning snack - FF yogurt flavored with black cherry jello
Lunch will be leftover deep-dish spaghetti squash Italian casserole
Afternoon Snack - probably some V8 juice and a cheese stick
Dinner - Leftover boneless lamb stuffed with spinach and feta cheese, and a big greek salad
Evening - Probably more yogurt. I have a big problem with late-night eating and am finding that a high-protein snack is better at curbing my desire to eat after 9 pm.

First weigh-in since restarting South Beach this a.m. -- down 4.75 pounds:whoopie: :whoopie: :whoopie:

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Breakfast:
Instant Oatmeal packet, coffee w/coffeemate, Western Bagel co. Alternative bagel (1 point), 1/2 cup ff yogurt w/fresh strawberries, orange juice 8 oz.

Lunch:
Lean Cuisine Lasana, Salad w/oil & vinegar, seedless grapes, diet coke

Dinner:
Beef Stew, salad w/honey mustard dressing, iced tea (plain), slice of bread, fuji apple

Snacks:
apple
WW 2 point bar
Lots of water throughout the day

Excercise:
30 minutes of swimming in the ocean

Last edited:

bass

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not a happy camper. Went to WW today and gained .6 lbs. Guess I haven't totally divorced myself from holiday eating - or maybe what I ate during the holidays is catching up with me. Will try harder next week. I have a trip to British Columbia in 2 weeks.:( :(

Nancy

ownsmany

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm down 15 pounds. Been exercising almost everyday since early Nov. Also watching what I'm eating.

today -
Breakfast - diet bar
lunch - salad with grilled chicken (my fav), bread (went out with coworker on lunch) (shouldn't have had the bread - but was trying to pass on the soup).

dinner - diet frozen chicken noodle meal

snack before Gym - cheese & crackers, steamer frozen vegs (also a fav)

after gym - 2 crackers.

lots and lots of water with green tea. Doing good on getting off the diet soda. trying to drink water all the time.

want to lose another 5 pounds by eom - to help keep the motivation going. This cold weather makes it tough to go to the Gym each night.