• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Year weightloss thread -- who's in??

bass

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm ready for a new weight loss challenge. Would like to lose 5 lbs. Went to WW this morning and loss 1.2 lbs after gaining 1 lb next week. Much success to everyone!
Nancy:cheer: :cheer:

njdoofus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got lazy - put a lot back on.

Made it to a 10% loss by the end of March, then got REALLY lazy and slipped back into bad habits. :mad: Gave up a lot of my progress. Time to get my big butt in gear again. :wall:

bass

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lost 1.6 lbs last at WW. Hope to continue hearing good news this week. Good luck everyone.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
OK, I'm finally in. I retired last week from a very sedentary job. DW has been talking about lapbanding. I would support her, but would rather see a genuine effort to lose weight normally- ie. eat less, move more. We have to do this together, or we're doomed to fail.

We started together last Sunday. South Beach, or as close to it as we can stand/remember. So far, I'm down 6.7 lbs in 3 days, Paula's down about 3. We know that in phase 1 (quite restrictive) we'll lose a bunch in water and stuff, then the loss will slow dramatically. I think this will be easier for me, 'cause I'm naturally moving around more and not constantly exposed to fast (fried) food, while DW is still doing her regular office job, though with a Gold's Gym membership. We may expand that to the family plan, but I must say I have no desire to be a 'gym rat'.

Stay tuned.....

Jim Ricks

bass

TUG Member
Reaction score
Had a bad weigh in yesterday at WW. I thought for sure I had lost - but gained 1.4 lbs. Starting over today. Good luck everyone.

Emily

TUG Member
Reaction score
I spent last year as a fulltime college student and packed on the pounds eating junk washed down with mountain dew & red bull. I have done so well over the last 3-4 years, now i am back up +25lbs. I will start on Monday. Low carb.

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So this is so wierd! I have been dieting for like a year now. Slowly I have lost about 15-18 pounds and really toned up exercising (I didn't have a lot to lose but really needed to get more fit). I have been the same weight for about 3 months now....

So I suddenly get a reallly bad case of plantar fasciitis (probably from all of the exercising I have been doing -- I have been feeling great!). Anyway, I have taken off about 2 weeks from exercising and lo and behold, I am down 1 1/2 pounds!! I have no idea how I did it. But I am thrilled. :)

Theresa, congrats on the weight loss!!! That's amazing. You should be proudly shouting it out to everyone!
Nancy, Sorry about the gain. It's frustrating but like you said, you just need to start over. I had a bad day yesterday, eating Mexican chips by the handfulls, but I am refocusing today....
Emily, good luck on the diet. Mountain Dew and Red Bull -- yuck! :) Then again, I eat chocolate chips with sunflower seeds.... Shouldn't be talking.

Swim suit season is here for us so I am back on the wagon and hoping to start exercising again. Katherine

Last edited:

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
... Anyway, I have taken off about 2 weeks from exercising and lo and behold, I am down 1 1/2 pounds!!

I have no idea how I did it. But I am thrilled. :)

.... Katherine

Could be some muscle loss because you are not exercising as much. Don't get discouraged if you gain those pounds back when you start exercising again and regain that muscle. Muscle pounds are good!

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
UGH! You are absolutely right. I got back to exercising this week and within 5 days I was up 2 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :(

Katherine

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My weight crept up continously, which is why in large part I stopped posting. Then a couple weeks ago I seriously considered switching to a different program (from WW's) and got really serious with my efforts. I dropped 7 lbs that week...then reclaimed 3 the next week. I'm about the same as I was from Friday's weigh-in...all within 10 lbs of my efforts a year ago.

I just celebrated a birthday a week ago and decided to make it a goal to be down 50 lbs by my next birthday. I have a couple mini-goals in between which I'm working on with a focus on being consistent with my excercise plans and I'm in my third week of this consistancy effort. I have added commuting to work on my bike 2 - 3 times a week for a r/t distance of 12 - 15 miles per day depending on the route.

I won't post weekly updates here but will check-in from time to time as time marches on, hopefully with positive news!

Onward.

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, DW and I have been pretty much on our version of South Beach phase 1 for 10 days now. I'm down 10.8 lbs and Paula's off about 7.6. The progress is slowing down some, which we expected. We are traveling for the July 4th long weekend, so won't be cooking at home for ourselves. It'll be interesting to see how much we slide back.

We expect to continue phase 1 (the most restrictive) for at least a week after we return home.

I foresee lots of walking the hills of San Francisco and salads.

Jim Ricks

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
still stuck hovering around 245ish.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, it's been about 7 weeks since an update, to it's time for a bump. We are still at it. I'm down about 27 lbs in the 2 months since retirement and Paula is down nearly 15. We are rousting each other for a (fairly) vigorous 1 1/2- 2 mile walk every morning. We've been exploring the many trails here- along the Snake River Canyon, Rock Creek complex, and when the weather has been crummy, even inside a local mall (1/2 mile per lap- doing at least 3).

She's tried to get me excited to go to Gold's, but I really hate it. I'm just not cut out to hang with the sort that haunts the place.

I'd like to redistribute some of my bulk. A bit less middle would be welcome, but for now, I am going to see at what weight level I hit equilibrium between calorie intake and burn off. Perhaps it will call for some concentrated effort on certain muscle groups and the best place to do that may be the gym :rolleyes:

Looking forward to needing a seriously refreshed wardrobe before a couple of upcoming TS trips- Mazatlan in January and with the Cruising TUGgers lap of the W. Mediterranean in June.

Theresa, Good going on your loss! Hope everyone is at least maintaining.

Jim Ricks

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We never got in on this but though we would share our story. Started to eat less and watch what we eat more about 10 weeks ago. We also started walking after work for about about a month ago. We worked our way up from walking only one mile and now we are walking about two.

So far I am down 31lbs and DW is down 14lbs. My wife also goes to a massage therapist regularly. Her therapist has noticed that her muscles are far less sense and her breathing is better since she has started walking.

We go on vacation in about two weeks, so it will be tough for the week when we won't be at home eating our new usual fare, though since we will have a 2BR with a full kitchen we should still be able to eat reasonable.

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK guys and gals -- back to school time. I am creating a new thread called TUG Weight Loss Party Fall/Holiday 2009 since this one is old and limping along slowly. I need some new motivation now that the summer is over, the weather is cooling (well, not quite but soon) and I want to shed some weight before our Xmas family pictures. :)

So come join me over on the new thread. Katherine

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?p=781675#post781675

Last edited: