• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 26 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $14,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $14 Million dollars
  • Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Portfolio Points Program

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRC
Formerly HGVC
I would suggest the resale value of HPP points is ZERO, rather than "close to zero". :)
Dealing with timeshares is kinda like playing with grenades - close to the target is good enough since the damage inflicted is about the same!

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
...Siesta Key is not a typical weekly ownership - it is fractional (usually larger chunks of time). I think somebody has to decide they want to use Hyatt points and turn in some of their time for it to be available. So I don't think it becomes available by default at 6 months out if a reservation for it is not made. That would explain why availability is rare....
The purchase price for Siesta Key was substantial. I believe those owners have various options for usage. If they don't occupy the unit themselves, the best option would be to rent the unit. I don't see where they could get comparable value by applying the points for usage in the HRC system (except for maybe two of the Colorado high mountain resorts).

audax one

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Residence Club va Hyatt Portfolio Points program
Very sorry to hear that you were mislead. I would also say you have plenty of company on Tug with people who were taken advantage of - but we are here now and we learn to 1) not get swindled again and 2) maximize the use of what we have.

Siesta Key is not a typical weekly ownership - it is fractional (usually larger chunks of time). I think somebody has to decide they want to use Hyatt points and turn in some of their time for it to be available. So I don't think it becomes available by default at 6 months out if a reservation for it is not made. That would explain why availability is rare.

The PP locations you have the booking advantage on are not plentiful at this point but may become so later if corporate keeps buying legacy weeks. But you do have access to HRC weeks also and I hope you decide to use what you have - it will eventually give you some payback that will ease the pain. Each year I use my points I get more value out of them that the MFs I pay in.

One real advantage of Hyatt is inventory in the Keys - so if you like the area it is not that hard to book outside of snowbird time.
Appreciate the encouragement thanks. I think it is very interesting that they offered me to get out of the maint (i.e. dissolve the obligation) a little while ago. I still wonder what they are up to, and given the track record, I can't imagine it is going to be a benefit to me. Sure, I like the keys just fine. I usually go to the plantation, and most of the time you can use the Hyatt Regency property rigth next door (of course you have to pay to park there now - I love being nickel and dimed to death).

alameda94501

TUG Member
Reaction score
[...] Inventory is not officially just at those two locations, not sure where you are getting that.
@audax one, very sorry to hear you stuck as an HPC buyer. I wrote a series of seven posts on the Portfolio Club last year (mainly from the perspective of a legacy HRC owner) and one of them went through the Legal Property Records to gain a picture of the HPC Inventory. Since Coconut Plantation is the next (and only known) HPC expansion, that's what I meant by "Wild Oak and Coconut Plantation" being the primary two properties. The post is as of June 2019, but only Coconut Plantation would be the difference, besides a small smattering of ROFR purchases by Hyatt.

Click here for the HRC and HPC Inventory Post

Also in case it is helpful, here are the other six posts.

Click here for the Introduction Post
Click here for the Request List, Wait List, and Reservations Post
Click here for the Annual Conversion Option Post
Click here for the Hyattizing and Developer Benefits Post
Click here for the Sales Tactics using the Reservation Site
Click here for the Maintenance Fee

audax one

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Residence Club va Hyatt Portfolio Points program
@audax one, very sorry to hear you stuck as an HPC buyer. I wrote a series of seven posts on the Portfolio Club last year (mainly from the perspective of a legacy HRC owner) and one of them went through the Legal Property Records to gain a picture of the HPC Inventory. Since Coconut Plantation is the next (and only known) HPC expansion, that's what I meant by "Wild Oak and Coconut Plantation" being the primary two properties. The post is as of June 2019, but only Coconut Plantation would be the difference, besides a small smattering of ROFR purchases by Hyatt.

Click here for the HRC and HPC Inventory Post

Also in case it is helpful, here are the other six posts.

Click here for the Introduction Post
Click here for the Request List, Wait List, and Reservations Post
Click here for the Annual Conversion Option Post
Click here for the Hyattizing and Developer Benefits Post
Click here for the Sales Tactics using the Reservation Site
Click here for the Maintenance Fee
This is a stunning amount of information, thank you. It is going to take some time to take it all in. I remember pressing them, hard, so I thought, for complete info when I was entangled in the sales process. I can see how woefully inadequate my efforts were now. What a mess. Thanks again.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a stunning amount of information, thank you. It is going to take some time to take it all in. I remember pressing them, hard, so I thought, for complete info when I was entangled in the sales process. I can see how woefully inadequate my efforts were now. What a mess. Thanks again.
As I recall, Hyatt provides HPP buyers with a "deed". That would seem to give comfort to a prospective buyer. Of course the deed is for points not real property. Can you imagine how the county clerk would react to someone attempting to record that deed!