• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana, Westin & Sheraton Deedback program

hintok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis - 2
Westin Desert Willows
WorldMark 6k credits
Gandview RCI Points 122k
You could probably give that away to a tugger for free.. is it a true platinum or a week 1-52? Don’t be so quick to give Marriott free inventory

I ended up selling on Redweek plus another one just like it, weeks 1-52, for $1500 each (just starting the paperwork). I did not want to wait until 2023 to get it out of my name.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I ended up selling on Redweek plus another one just like it, weeks 1-52, for $1500 each (just starting the paperwork). I did not want to wait until 2023 to get it out of my name.
Good for you! Glad you didn’t surrender that to Marriott.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Good for you! Glad you didn’t surrender that to Marriott.
And made $3000! If people put in a little work, they can make some cash back and keep the weeks out of Marriott's grubby little hands...

lfshields

TUG Member
Reaction score
sifting thru info here...looking to see if there is any value in my BAY VISTA, 3 BEDROOM VILLA; ODD YEAR ULTRA PREMIUM; week 49 unit 2521?
Wood dearly love to sell it. Not sure i care what i get AND/OR will Starwood "buy" this back?
Talked to sellmytimesharenow ppl and they woodn't supply any sales info - guessing thats b/c they have u put high value on TS and let it hatch an egg....

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Stay away from sellmytimesharenow. They are an upfront fee company that charges you big bucks to just slap your week on their listing website for it to languish for years. I am sure a few sell now and then, but many of those listings are years old.

These types of weeks probably don't come up very often and it does suffer from only being a voluntary property, but I suspect there may be some value there. The week certainly isn't the best.

lfshields

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stay away from sellmytimesharenow. They are an upfront fee company that charges you big bucks to just slap your week on their listing website for it to languish for years. I am sure a few sell now and then, but many of those listings are years old.

These types of weeks probably don't come up very often and it does suffer from only being a voluntary property, but I suspect there may be some value there. The week certainly isn't the best.
Groan...thanks...think i just "heard" put it on ebay or redweek for BO

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Groan...thanks...think i just "heard" put it on ebay or redweek for BO
You may want to post the question or ask this to be moved to the Westin St John thread. It may get more exposure there and someone may have an idea of what these sell for.

osman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, WKORV, SDO x 2, SMV, Westin Flex
You could probably give that away to a tugger for free.. is it a true platinum or a week 1-52? Don’t be so quick to give Marriott free inventory
I just called the 800 number and they are taking back one of my week 18 2 Bedroom SDO. He is sending the papers, but it will not happen until 2023.

Can you rescind your sale? I would have been interested in purchasing it.

Note to all others wanting to get rid of units at SDO: please try selling on TUG before giving it to Marriott! There are people like myself wanting to buy at SDO. Let's keep it in the TUG family rather than benefiting Marriott!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Can you rescind your sale? I would have been interested in purchasing it.

Note to all others wanting to get rid of units at SDO: please try selling on TUG before giving it to Marriott! There are people like myself wanting to buy at SDO. Let's keep it in the TUG family rather than benefiting Marriott!
I agree. I would offer my weeks up for free on TUG long before I would call up Marriott or Vistana and offer it to them for free. I would only go the feedback route for those truly hard to get rid of weeks after first trying to give them away.

I think the deed back and former trade in programs that Vistana has offered is a big reason we are seeing far fewer mandatory resale weeks available for sale, especially on Ebay. The exit companies that take these weeks in usually go the path of least resistance and ask for a deedback instead of trying to sell it for a few hundred bucks.

missmary

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m new to this site so bear with me. I contacted Vistana and they are willing to take my two flex weeks back, at no cost to me (we won’t mention the $$$$$$$ I spent to buy the two weeks). They immediately started the process. Now I’m nervous. What am I missing?
Hi do you have an email or contact. Nina trying to give our 2 weeks back

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
what will happen if stop paying the maintenance fee?
Do you have a loan on the timeshare? If you don't, there is no need to stop paying the maintenance fees. Especially if you are referring to a Westin Lagunamar week. Those can be sold or given away. Why let it go into default when you can give it away to someone else. You will be out of it with no potential hit to your credit.

billguo1888

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
westin lagunamar Cancun
Do you have a loan on the timeshare? If you don't, there is no need to stop paying the maintenance fees. Especially if you are referring to a Westin Lagunamar week. Those can be sold or given away. Why let it go into default when you can give it away to someone else. You will be out of it with no potential hit to your credit.
no loan on these two timeshare. trying to sell at very low price, but no sales yet. this year I moved to Florida, so no need for timeshare anymore and just think stopping paying MF as people say no affect to credit for mexico timeshare.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
no loan on these two timeshare. trying to sell at very low price, but no sales yet. this year I moved to Florida, so no need for timeshare anymore and just think stopping paying MF as people say no affect to credit for mexico timeshare.
Your "very low price" may still be above market value. If you are willing to just stop paying maintenance fees, why not try to GIVE IT AWAY. Meaning FREE. No low price. FREE. Try the Free Timeshare Giveaway forum.

You might want to be careful with the Westin Lagunamar. Yes it is a Mexican timeshare, but it is managed by a US company. That said, give it away. No need to worry about your credit and it doesn't take all that much work.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
@billguo1888 Although it's a voluntary resort (StarOptions don't transfer), I found that Westin Lagunamar actually has some value, even in Gold season. I was able to sell mine a couple of years ago (using Redweek) and get some money for it. It wasn't a lot, but enough to be worth the trouble and patience of selling.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Deedbacks are now a possibility at WSJ VGV per the latest Board of Directors Report to Owners:

"... owners who are not current on Association financial obligations, may choose to take advantage of another plan currently being offered. If you are in this category, you may, for a limited time, relinquish your deeds and be freed of past and future obligations. To take advantage of this offer, call Vistana’s Financial Services department at 1-800-895-5386."

billguo1888

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
westin lagunamar Cancun
I tried to sell with just transfer fee from buyer (one every-year unit just transfer fee and one even-year unit just half MF and transfer fee), but no buyers for a year already. So I will just give up by stopping paying MF.

@billguo1888 Although it's a voluntary resort (StarOptions don't transfer), I found that Westin Lagunamar actually has some value, even in Gold season. I was able to sell mine a couple of years ago (using Redweek) and get some money for it. It wasn't a lot, but enough to be worth the trouble and patience of selling.

Austinbe

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Flex
I just contacted Vistana two days ago and received a response to deedback my last ownership. Apparently it is still working.

Alan
What was the response? I own Westin flex

kc1001

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct thread but I'm hoping that someone can give me a little guidance, since you all seem so knowledgeable about the timeshare world.

Long story short (hopefully): my parents own at Sheraton Vistana Villages, Bella Florida, 2 BR Villa, Annual Float, Week-49, Villa-10406 (though it also says Week-Floating & Villa-Floating, so I'm not sure what that means), VSN Member, High Home Season, VSN Season - Gold Plus. StarOptions: 67,1000, Points: 66,000. Also, they can do an external exchange with Interval International (I hope all of the above makes sense). My parents got this timeshare in 2005 or 2007, so it's all paid off. My father recently passed away, so my mother will not be using it, and I won't be using it either (I exchanged their options for the last 2 years (2020/2021) and we plan to take a nice vacation this year, but nothing after that). The maintenance fees are due this week, on Thursday ($1479.12), and my mother wants to know if she should pay it, and then try to sell the timeshare (she's hoping she can get like $2000), or should she not pay, and just let it go (if she's not going to get anything for it)? I don't really understand the timeshare world, so I'm not a big help to her, but I'm hoping someone on here can help us. Thank you in advance for any advice you can give, but we do need it soon. Thank you!!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct thread but I'm hoping that someone can give me a little guidance, since you all seem so knowledgeable about the timeshare world.

Long story short (hopefully): my parents own at Sheraton Vistana Villages, Bella Florida, 2 BR Villa, Annual Float, Week-49, Villa-10406 (though it also says Week-Floating & Villa-Floating, so I'm not sure what that means), VSN Member, High Home Season, VSN Season - Gold Plus. StarOptions: 67,1000, Points: 66,000. Also, they can do an external exchange with Interval International (I hope all of the above makes sense). My parents got this timeshare in 2005 or 2007, so it's all paid off. My father recently passed away, so my mother will not be using it, and I won't be using it either (I exchanged their options for the last 2 years (2020/2021) and we plan to take a nice vacation this year, but nothing after that). The maintenance fees are due this week, on Thursday ($1479.12), and my mother wants to know if she should pay it, and then try to sell the timeshare (she's hoping she can get like $2000), or should she not pay, and just let it go (if she's not going to get anything for it)? I don't really understand the timeshare world, so I'm not a big help to her, but I'm hoping someone on here can help us. Thank you in advance for any advice you can give, but we do need it soon. Thank you!!
The week isn't super valuable because it is only a High season, but she should be able to give it away for free to someone here and get the 2022 maintenance fees reimbursed by the buyer as long as buyer gets the 2022 usage. Try giving it away in the Timeshare Giveaway forum.

kc1001

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The week isn't super valuable because it is only a High season, but she should be able to give it away for free to someone here and get the 2022 maintenance fees reimbursed by the buyer as long as buyer gets the 2022 usage. Try giving it away in the Timeshare Giveaway forum.

Thank you so much for your quick response. Just a couple of questions, if you don't mind: why does it being a High Home Season make it less valuable? I thought that was when there was the most demand for units, thus making it more valuable (as I said before, don't really understand it, but as a layman, that's what I always thought it meant). And I know that it doesn't have to be used the week that it says (Week 49), that it can be exchanged for other times, and other resorts. Just trying to understand how these things work. Also, what benefit would my mother get from paying the maintenance fees, giving away the unit, and then being reimbursed for the fees, rather than just not paying the maintenance fees at all, and giving it up? I need to be able to explain to her why she should pay $1500 in the 1st place, if she's not getting anything else in addition to the reimbursement. Thank you.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Thank you so much for your quick response. Just a couple of questions, if you don't mind: why does it being a High Home Season make it less valuable? I thought that was when there was the most demand for units, thus making it more valuable (as I said before, don't really understand it, but as a layman, that's what I always thought it meant). And I know that it doesn't have to be used the week that it says (Week 49), that it can be exchanged for other times, and other resorts. Just trying to understand how these things work. Also, what benefit would my mother get from paying the maintenance fees, giving away the unit, and then being reimbursed for the fees, rather than just not paying the maintenance fees at all, and giving it up? I need to be able to explain to her why she should pay $1500 in the 1st place, if she's not getting anything else in addition to the reimbursement. Thank you.
The same unit with the same maint fee in a platinum week gets 81K star options. Essentially someone would be paying the exact same thing for less star options. I’d put it on the market for free and let someone else have it if you wanted to get out of ownership.