• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana, Westin & Sheraton Deedback program

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
So strange - it is a beautiful resort (on cliffs) in a great location with fantastic views - close to everything in North Kauai (from Kapaa to Ke’e) and few minutes from Hanalei, Anini, Tunnels, Secret Beaches.

There are very few beach front villas in North Kauai - yet people seemed surprised (?) - perhaps they are comparing to WKORV S/N?

We enjoy our EOY WPORV stays (and to date have gotten OV Villas - going in June then Sheraton Poipu for a week (replacing of WSJ/STJ weeks).

Not sure why the poor name?
MFs are certainly too high - and HI Tax schemes on vacationers rampant (Maui as well) - but still the negativity?

Seems like most reviews are good - except the “Shock” that it is not in a beach. Princeville TS Villas on a Beach? Hilarious….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. However I do come out in a cold sweat when I recall our visit there when it opened around 2008 as we came ever so close to buying from the developer. Having already done that in Maui just 3 years earlier I think another ~$45K squandered might just have tipped me over the edge after I finally discovered TUG in 2017 :D

kc1001

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Hi, I reached out about the same time last year, reaching out again to see if anything has changed. My mother owns a Sheraton Vistana Villages timeshare. She wants to get rid of it, as my father recently passed and we don't anticipate going down there any time soon. What she has: Bella Florida, 2 BR Villa, Annual Float, Week-49, Villa-10406, VSN Member, High Home Season, VSN Season - Gold Plus. StarOptions: 67,1000, Points: 66,000.

I was told last year that there's really no value to this timeshare, though I just read someone say that they hoped that someone else didn't give away their Westin/Sheraton timeshare because they are valuable. So is there value? My mother would rather deed it back to the company and just deal with them if there is no value to her timeshare, but would have me deal with a potential buyer if there is some value in it. Can you let me know if there might be value to it so I can tell her and we can start the process of getting rid of this? Thank you, K

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Hi, I reached out about the same time last year, reaching out again to see if anything has changed. My mother owns a Sheraton Vistana Villages timeshare. She wants to get rid of it, as my father recently passed and we don't anticipate going down there any time soon. What she has: Bella Florida, 2 BR Villa, Annual Float, Week-49, Villa-10406, VSN Member, High Home Season, VSN Season - Gold Plus. StarOptions: 67,1000, Points: 66,000.

I was told last year that there's really no value to this timeshare, though I just read someone say that they hoped that someone else didn't give away their Westin/Sheraton timeshare because they are valuable. So is there value? My mother would rather deed it back to the company and just deal with them if there is no value to her timeshare, but would have me deal with a potential buyer if there is some value in it. Can you let me know if there might be value to it so I can tell her and we can start the process of getting rid of this? Thank you, K
There may be a few hundred dollars in value. One of these recently sold on Ebay for $700. I suspect you will get a bunch of DMs in your inbox. While they aren't the most desireable weeks at Vistana Villages, they aren't as common on the resale market as they were years ago. GOing through a resale with a private buyer is probably faster than a deedback to Marriott.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
Well .... That's a very blunt answered.
That's literally the way it works though. It's not a buyback program, it's a "we might be willing to take your deed back but we will give you nothing in exchange" program.

sctug

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's literally the way it works though. It's not a buyback program, it's a "we might be willing to take your deed back but we will give you nothing in exchange" program.
yeah, that's true. Tempted to buy so many times, and rescind so many times too. everything sounds so good during the presentation.

JRR64

Reaction score
Would appreciate any advice. We own a Sheraton Vistana Resort fixed week (wk 38) in the Courts, a 2BR Townhouse Villa. Star Options : 81,000 We are looking to get out now, and upon request we received a deed back offer that will expire in 7 days. Essentially we were told we still have to pay the maintenance fee for 2024 (due in January 2024) and can use the timeshare during 2024 but that in 2025 the process to give them back the deed will occur. Do we have any better options for unloading the timeshare? We can afford to keep it another year but wish we could conclude this process sooner rather than 2025.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Would appreciate any advice. We own a Sheraton Vistana Resort fixed week (wk 38) in the Courts, a 2BR Townhouse Villa. Star Options : 81,000 We are looking to get out now, and upon request we received a deed back offer that will expire in 7 days. Essentially we were told we still have to pay the maintenance fee for 2024 (due in January 2024) and can use the timeshare during 2024 but that in 2025 the process to give them back the deed will occur. Do we have any better options for unloading the timeshare? We can afford to keep it another year but wish we could conclude this process sooner rather than 2025.
Your only other option would be to try and give it away, but any taker will probably want free 2024 usage. This would require you to pay the 2024 maintenance fees but also let them use it. At least in the case with Vistana deedback, you can use the 2024 usage that you are paying for.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Your only other option would be to try and give it away, but any taker will probably want free 2024 usage. This would require you to pay the 2024 maintenance fees but also let them use it. At least in the case with Vistana deedback, you can use the 2024 usage that you are paying for.
I agree with this analysis.

This is a good deal because there will be a free and easy deedback effective 1/1/2025.
Owner gets 2024 usage in exchange for 2024 MF's which is fair -- and can rent out the unit to cover (a portion of?) the MF's.

This provides closure and avoids the significant uncertainty associated with trying to squeeze out a few extra dollars.

Bird01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Newport Coast
Marriott Canyon Villas
Shadow Ridge
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Steamboat
Westin Riverfront
Grand Lodge Peak 7
Does anyone have experience with selling or deedback of a summer week at Grand Lodge Peak 7 in Breckenridge CO? I can no longer use because of health reasons (it's 10,000 feet altitude).

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Does anyone have experience with selling or deedback of a summer week at Grand Lodge Peak 7 in Breckenridge CO? I can no longer use because of health reasons (it's 10,000 feet altitude).
You probably should ask about this in the All Other Timeshare Systems forum. This thread is dedicated to Vistana ownership.

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
After owning our Westin timeshares for 16 years, we sold all 7 weeks this past year. Marriott does offer money for some deedback weeks or you can try to sell weeks or flex points with value on Redweek, TUG or through a broker like Syed with Advantage Vacations which is in Maui. Worth a few calls to see what your options are. Nanea is a gorgeous resort but time sharing does require knowledge (TUG) and flexibility.

Princeville-Could not resell. Marriott deedback paid $6,500 for annual 2 bedroom
Maui-South-OFC- Sold with Syed ~$35,000 and $33,000 each. Marriott deedback offered ~$15,000 I believe.
Kierland-Plat 2 bedrooms-$14,000, sold via Syed as they had value-Mandatory!
Does Syed sell Flex? Also, does anyone know if Marriott offers anything for Flex deedback?

PShrift

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello KAC, I'm not sure this is what you're asking but here's my experience: I have two Sheraton Flex contracts. When I asked (Dec 2022) Marriott about their "exit program" they said they would take them back, but not buy them back. Below is a copy of their email to me:

Thank you for contacting Marriott Vacations Worldwide (MVW) regarding your interest to exit your Sheraton Flex ownership.

At this time, MVW is offering an opportunity for you to relinquish your ownership, a direct deed back, at no cost to you. While this transaction will not result in any financial proceeds, it is a quick way to exit the program and eliminate your ongoing annual maintenance fee commitment. The anticipated time to complete the ownership transfer is 120 days.

Requirements to Qualify for this Offer:

• No outstanding loans or maintenance fees.
  • Owners must continue paying maintenance fees throughout the contracting period and until closing/transfer is complete, to avoid delays or termination of the ownership transfer.
  • Owners who pay maintenance fees that are for MVW’s agreed upon first year of usage, will be reimbursed after closing/transfer is complete.
  • As applicable, you may be responsible for the payment of a future year maintenance fee to cover your final year of usage, before closing/transfer can complete.
  • First-year occupancy to MVW must be available – details below.
The first-year occupancy to MVW will be 2024; therefore, you will retain any remaining usage balance for prior years and you will be responsible for the maintenance fees associated with those use years. The offer to deed back your ownership is valid for the next 7 business days and is subject to change at any time with or without notice. To accept, please respond to this email and provide the following information:

Physical Mailing Address:
Phone Number:
Email Address:

Upon receiving your acceptance to this offer, we will send an email confirmation with further instructions regarding the closing process, including expectations for settlement documents, that are typically sent within 60-90 days of your acceptance.

Christina Barnes
Resale Manager
RESALE OPERATIONS
T 1-866-682-4547
F 407-903-5995
9002 San Marco Court
Orlando, FL 32819

mvwc.com

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello KAC, I'm not sure this is what you're asking but here's my experience: I have two Sheraton Flex contracts. When I asked (Dec 2022) Marriott about their "exit program" they said they would take them back, but not buy them back. Below is a copy of their email to me:

Thank you for contacting Marriott Vacations Worldwide (MVW) regarding your interest to exit your Sheraton Flex ownership.

At this time, MVW is offering an opportunity for you to relinquish your ownership, a direct deed back, at no cost to you. While this transaction will not result in any financial proceeds, it is a quick way to exit the program and eliminate your ongoing annual maintenance fee commitment. The anticipated time to complete the ownership transfer is 120 days.

Requirements to Qualify for this Offer:

• No outstanding loans or maintenance fees.
  • Owners must continue paying maintenance fees throughout the contracting period and until closing/transfer is complete, to avoid delays or termination of the ownership transfer.
  • Owners who pay maintenance fees that are for MVW’s agreed upon first year of usage, will be reimbursed after closing/transfer is complete.
  • As applicable, you may be responsible for the payment of a future year maintenance fee to cover your final year of usage, before closing/transfer can complete.
  • First-year occupancy to MVW must be available – details below.
The first-year occupancy to MVW will be 2024; therefore, you will retain any remaining usage balance for prior years and you will be responsible for the maintenance fees associated with those use years. The offer to deed back your ownership is valid for the next 7 business days and is subject to change at any time with or without notice. To accept, please respond to this email and provide the following information:

Physical Mailing Address:
Phone Number:
Email Address:

Upon receiving your acceptance to this offer, we will send an email confirmation with further instructions regarding the closing process, including expectations for settlement documents, that are typically sent within 60-90 days of your acceptance.

Christina Barnes
Resale Manager
RESALE OPERATIONS
T 1-866-682-4547
F 407-903-5995
9002 San Marco Court
Orlando, FL 32819

mvwc.com
Thank you for your reply

JesTheFacts

Reaction score
I suspect Marriott is all too happy to take back deeded fixed weeks from Starwood owners as their pitch in updates is to get you to convert your fixed week to points and to pay them to do it. My response was if you’re so desperate to get me to give up deeded weeks, YOU pay me

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I suspect Marriott is all too happy to take back deeded fixed weeks from Starwood owners as their pitch in updates is to get you to convert your fixed week to points and to pay them to do it. My response was if you’re so desperate to get me to give up deeded weeks, YOU pay me
They don't really want them or need them. They just use them to make you think you are getting some kind of discount on a new point purchase. The problem is the price they are discounting is usually based on original sales prices that are a decade or more old. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I can't think of any situation where someone should trade in their weeks based deeded VOI for Abound Trust Points. Or even for Sheraton or Westin Flex. Sure you might be able to bring the MFs down by trading in some low season VOIs, but you are probably better to just give those away for free and buy a mandatory resale.

mamasnow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Canyon Villas at Desert Ridge
Reaching out and checking doesn't obligate an owner to anything. Maybe several owners of various properties can reach out and inquire and see if there are any buyback or deed back offers based on more desirable ownerships.
I just got off the phone with the "Marriott Resales/Deedback" official phone number and there is currently no resale or "rentals for owners program" offer for Marriott Canyon Villas, and the only deed back is giving it to Marriott without any fee but also no value to the deed. Literally "you can deed back to Marriott" and that's it. Of course I only asked about my our platinum season week 13 at Canyon Villas. Can't answer to any other property

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I just got off the phone with the "Marriott Resales/Deedback" official phone number and there is currently no resale or "rentals for owners program" offer for Marriott Canyon Villas, and the only deed back is giving it to Marriott without any fee but also no value to the deed. Literally "you can deed back to Marriott" and that's it. Of course I only asked about my our platinum season week 13 at Canyon Villas. Can't answer to any other property
I would think your Platinum Canyon Villas has some value or even as an easy giveaway to a person who will use it vs a company who will just flip it for a profit of tens of thousands of dollars. I suggest looking at Redweek to see what resale listings for Platinum Canyon Villas are going for. Consider the real value will be at the bottom end of the listing prices that you see.

mamasnow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Canyon Villas at Desert Ridge
I would think your Platinum Canyon Villas has some value or even as an easy giveaway to a person who will use it vs a company who will just flip it for a profit of tens of thousands of dollars. I suggest looking at Redweek to see what resale listings for Platinum Canyon Villas are going for. Consider the real value will be at the bottom end of the listing prices that you see.
yes thanks I keep intending to list it on TUG and Redweek and here it is another weekend and haven't had time. Will try 1 more time for a 2025 reservation also before listing since week 13 is always hard to get