• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana to Abound Point Conversion Tracker

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
10925 is North week 52 OF 2br
8075 is week 52. Same value for South OV and North IV.
All week 52s are 2 bedrooms
6200 is for my 2 br units at south. Same value whether ov or iv not week 52
8325 is South 2br OF deluxe corner not week 52
Okay. I think I have everything documented in the Google Sheet correctly.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Dumb ? Where do I find what a person can rent with Club points?
If you are a MVC Point owner or own enrolled weeks (in the future enrolled Vistana VOIs), you can rent Club Points from other owners. They cost about $0.70pp and can be transferred directly to your account from the owner that rents them to you. Check www.vacationpointexchange.com.

Grandma2016

Reaction score
If you are a MVC Point owner or own enrolled weeks (in the future enrolled Vistana VOIs), you can rent Club Points from other owners. They cost about $0.70pp and can be transferred directly to your account from the owner that rents them to you. Check www.vacationpointexchange.com.
So if my 2 br ov is worth 6200 points in Marriott i could rent for 4340 dollars. Or i can keep it and rent it for at least that if not more for example my week 52s are worth 8075 points non OF at .70 per point definitely not worth it. I get over 7k for week 52.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
So if my 2 br ov is worth 6200 points in Marriott i could rent for 4340 dollars. Or i can keep it and rent it for at least that if not more for example my week 52s are worth 8075 points non OF at .70 per point definitely not worth it. I get over 7k for week 52.
The difference with renting points though is that once they are rented you are done. You simply transfer the points to the other owner and you have no further obligation. No worries about the owner cancelling, asking to cancel, asking to change dates, saying the room sucked, chargebacks. You completed your obligation when you transferred the points and it is up to the renter to find and book their accommodations. There is less risk in renting points than renting actual reservations.

munthank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kirkland, Marriott Shadow Ridge
I have started to create a conversion tracker to keep track of the amount of points allocaetd to each VOI. I know everything right now is still speculation or information gleaned from attending a sales presentation, but at some point I suspect we will get official numbers. For now we can start tracking based on what we have learned in the other threads and update later if necessary. I don't have time at the moment to go through the other threads to update this sheet, creating it is as far as I got. But if anyone else wants to take a stab at it, feel free. The lined Google Sheet is open to comments (opening for edit gets messy). If you find something to add right click on the cell and select "Comment" then indicate what should be in the cell. Mainly looking to verify the breakdown of the sheet is correct but also to populate columns J, M and N. For resorts that are weeks based, I would prefer to populate N and calculate M. For Flex based items, it will just be M that gets populated to indicate the conversion of points. Based on the comments I can update the data in the actual cells.

I had the same amount points shown to me for platinum Kierland at 4050, I saw points convert for 200000 Sheraton flex to be 5840 point conversion, and Desert Willow gold 67500 points convert 2300.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
I got to see Marriott's rule very recently (I'll update the other thread with the information I've obtained).

Can't wait to hear about this info... Please don't keep us all in suspense!

docbike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WKORVN
Westin Kierland
SDO
SVV Bella
SVV Key West
ECpoints per maint $.png

Back to the spreadsheet, part of the value calculation should be the EC points you get per maintenance fee $. Attached are the calculations for the Vistana resorts I own at. Interestingly, Kierland and Kaanapali regular 2BRs convert almost identically.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
View attachment 62433
Back to the spreadsheet, part of the value calculation should be the EC points you get per maintenance fee $. Attached are the calculations for the Vistana resorts I own at. Interestingly, Kierland and Kaanapali regular 2BRs convert almost identically.
What is an EC point?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
It's DC point misspelled :)
Ah, that makes sense. I am not interested in producing a calculator to determine DC points to MFs ratios. That becomes an annual commitment to update and maintain as maintenance fees go up. One of those is already done on the Marriott side and perhaps at some point the Vistana resorts can be incorporated into that.

jcflorian

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Villas North (2 BR LO- odd years)
Westin Kierland (1 BR Premium- October)- even years
I am still a little confused. I own 2 br lockoff (OCEANFRONT) for WKORN. Any wk available to us. Do we convert to 10,925 or 8325

Unless we were told the wrong info at purchase. We were told any wk all year available 12 months from purchase. We never go during xmas anyways but nice to have that option.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I am still a little confused. I own 2 br lockoff (OCEANFRONT) for WKORN. Any wk available to us. Do we convert to 10,925 or 8325

Unless we were told the wrong info at purchase. We were told any wk all year available 12 months from purchase. We never go during xmas anyways but nice to have that option.
Platinum season OF is worth 8,325 but if you own a fixed OF week 52, then it can convert to 10,925.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
Platinum season OF is worth 8,325 but if you own a fixed OF week 52, then it can convert to 10,925.
Christmas week will never be available at 12 months, as I understand it. In theory, if someone who owns week 52 decides not to use their unit one year (and books a different property at 8 months with StarOptions) it’s possible that some other owner could use SOs to snatch that week for that year. In practice I think that’s nearly impossible.

Sales probably did tell you “you can reserve any time” but the reality is that week 52 was sold as a fixed week and owners of that week are automatically pre-reserved each year, I think, unless they opt for some other usage.

wjarcher

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKOVRN, MKO, WLR, SVV, SDO
Christmas week will never be available at 12 months, as I understand it. In theory, if someone who owns week 52 decides not to use their unit one year (and books a different property at 8 months with StarOptions) it’s possible that some other owner could use SOs to snatch that week for that year. In practice I think that’s nearly impossible.

Sales probably did tell you “you can reserve any time” but the reality is that week 52 was sold as a fixed week and owners of that week are automatically pre-reserved each year, I think, unless they opt for some other usage.

You cannot make reservation for week 51/52 on vistana.com if you only own floating weeks. I think if the owner of these weeks cancels their reservation, Vistana would take the inventory for rentals. I own a couple of these weeks, and had to call in to make changes to these weeks (when the ownership was transferred, the reservation had to be rebooked).

jcflorian

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Villas North (2 BR LO- odd years)
Westin Kierland (1 BR Premium- October)- even years
I like being with my extended family for Xmas so its not really an issue for me. We purchased in 2007, at that time things may have been different.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
Whoop! Whoop! Off topic alert :p

Dioxide created this thread to gather statistical information about the DP value being assigned to each type of week to put in a spreadsheet for everyone to access. I figure we owe it to him to limit our posts to that information only.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Whoop! Whoop! Off topic alert :p

Dioxide created this thread to gather statistical information about the DP value being assigned to each type of week to put in a spreadsheet for everyone to access. I figure we owe it to him to limit our posts to that information only.
Thanks. I don't mind the odd discussion about conversion rates and comparisons as to what those are and how they might impact usage. I am trying to like all the posts so I know which ones I have tracked in the spreadsheet and where I last updated in the thread, but picking out the true conversion numbers is tricky. Though it helps if people can add comments to the spreadsheet as I get an email every time someone does. Many people update the sheet and never post here. Which is just fine by me.

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Love the spreadsheet. Could you please fix the top row so that we can see the headers as we scroll down? I will also have some conversation rates later today after our “Owners Update”. Thanks!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Love the spreadsheet. Could you please fix the top row so that we can see the headers as we scroll down? I will also have some conversation rates later today after our “Owners Update”. Thanks!
Done

jthiker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Marriott Grande Vista Westin St. John
Adding some information for Westin St. John

WSJ Coral Vista Studio Gold Plus (weeks 34 - 50) 44,000 StarOptions to 1,135 Abound points. Per MVC presentation this past May.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Adding some information for Westin St. John

WSJ Coral Vista Studio Gold Plus (weeks 34 - 50) 44,000 StarOptions to 1,135 Abound points. Per MVC presentation this past May.
I understand that Coral Vista was sold as Home Options and not deeded units, is that correct? Can your HomeOptions also only be booked in the Gold Plus season? If so, it would seem you have a 38.77 conversion rate. Higher seasons might have better conversations?

jthiker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Marriott Grande Vista Westin St. John
Yes I believe you are correct as Home Options. I can book the Coral Vista in the Gold Plus season and book all other Vistana at 8 months.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Westin Nanea OceanFront's conversion is 22.254