• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana to Abound Point Conversion Tracker

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I have started to create a conversion tracker to keep track of the amount of points allocaetd to each VOI. I know everything right now is still speculation or information gleaned from attending a sales presentation, but at some point I suspect we will get official numbers. For now we can start tracking based on what we have learned in the other threads and update later if necessary. I don't have time at the moment to go through the other threads to update this sheet, creating it is as far as I got. But if anyone else wants to take a stab at it, feel free. The lined Google Sheet is open to comments (opening for edit gets messy). If you find something to add right click on the cell and select "Comment" then indicate what should be in the cell. Mainly looking to verify the breakdown of the sheet is correct but also to populate columns J, M and N. For resorts that are weeks based, I would prefer to populate N and calculate M. For Flex based items, it will just be M that gets populated to indicate the conversion of points. Based on the comments I can update the data in the actual cells.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I am not aware of any process to save. All updates are saved automatically. When I go into the sheet incognito and add a comment, I can see the notation on my logged in sheet in my regular browser.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, it didn't save my comment. :confused:

Let me do it here. Under SVR 2BR Lockoff Gold Plus week, it should be 95,700. This is unique to Cascades and Lakes because while the Fixed week component falls either on Prime/Platinum or High/Gold Plus season, the week floats 1-52. I own a 2Br l/o gold plus week at the Lakes. Owners of 2BR High/Gold Plus at Lakes and Cascades also get 81K SOs, similar to Prime/Platinum week.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Well, it didn't save my comment. :confused:

Let me do it here. Under SVR 2BR Lockoff Gold Plus week, it should be 95,700. This is unique to Cascades and Lakes because while the Fixed week component falls either on Prime/Platinum or High/Gold Plus season, the week floats 1-52. I own a 2Br l/o gold plus week at the Lakes. Owners of 2BR High/Gold Plus at Lakes and Cascades also get 81K SOs, similar to Prime/Platinum week.
I think this is where I really would like to get the Home Season filled in, because that is really where the points should be based off of. Can you indicate which row on the sheet is to be updated. Do I need to break out Lakes/Cascades as a separate record?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think this is where I really would like to get the Home Season filled in, because that is really where the points should be based off of. Can you indicate which row on the sheet is to be updated. Do I need to break out Lakes/Cascades as a separate record?
I think it is best to breakout Lakes/Cascades. Thanks. I think only these 2 phases are different. Someone had said Fountains is similar and I don't know if it is true, but Fountains does not have 2Br lockoff.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I think it is best to breakout Lakes/Cascades. Thanks. I think only these 2 phases are different. Someone had said Fountains is similar and I don't know if it is true, but Fountains does not have 2Br lockoff.
Do you know what the Home Seasons are called there? Is it Prime and High?

tamu_bu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
I'm a Google sheets kinda guy but can seem to initiate a comment via phone. Didn't try computer. Anyway, WKV Standard 1br, platinum plus is 67,100 so's. Probably 67.1 for other resorts as well.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Ownership InterestConversion Rate
Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake0.03179012
Sheraton Vistana Villages - Bella0.0348642
Westin Aventuras0.033333333
Westin Kierland0.027346386
Westin Flex0.03466667

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ownership InterestConversion Rate
Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake0.03179012
Sheraton Vistana Villages - Bella0.0348642
Westin Aventuras0.033333333
Westin Kierland0.027346386
Westin Flex0.03466667
I saw that post. The issue with the conversion rates above is that they do not apply to all sizes and seasons at the same resorts.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I saw that post. The issue with the conversion rates above is that they do not apply to all sizes and seasons at the same resorts.
I know. I asked that question over in the other thread. I am not going to apply these to the chart except for Westin Flex. These are also all expressed as a decimal where the others were all ##.###.

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Club Son Antem, Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott Vacation Club @ Los Suenos, MVC points, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace, Sheraton Flex, Westin Flex, Aventuras
I was about to say the same. I think it is best that people put their resort, bedrooms/size, season, points they get at Vistana and then the points they will get for Abound.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
I know. I asked that question over in the other thread. I am not going to apply these to the chart except for Westin Flex. These are also all expressed as a decimal where the others were all ##.###.
That Westin Flex can't be right...that would give it a worse ratio than Sheraton Flex which isn't the case.

chinh9

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was told the Westin Flex Conversion is 28.84 but as everything until final conversion over subject to change.

Masuk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sheraton Flex is 34.23:1 or 34.2279:1, depending upon how far out you want to go.
How is this going to work in II? I currently have 359,000 options annually. Using your conversion formula I will have 10,489 MVPs. Currently II charges me up to 115,000 options for one week, 2 bdrm, high demand. I assume their whole exchange rate will change. Do you have any information on this?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
How is this going to work in II? I currently have 359,000 options annually. Using your conversion formula I will have 10,489 MVPs. Currently II charges me up to 115,000 options for one week, 2 bdrm, high demand. I assume their whole exchange rate will change. Do you have any information on this?
Do you own weeks or Home Options (Sheraton/Westin Flex)? If you own a week, you can still trade your week in II as a week or you can elect Abound points to trade in II. Abound points have a similar chart as Home Options do when trading in II. Here is the chart for Abound point exchanges in II.

1658246819794.png

Edit to add: Keep in mind that Abound points can't be used to exchange into other MVC properties. When they integrate Vistana into the mix, we don't know what kind of additional restrictions they will place when using Abound points in II. It may not be possible to exchange Abound points for MVC or Vistana resorts.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
At our update a couple of weeks ago we were given

WKORVN 2BR IV 148,000 SO converts to 6200 Club Points (23.887)
WLG 1BR Gold Season 44,000 SO converts to 2275 Club Points (19.341)

If those are correct then the Lagunamar rate is generous.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
You will still be able to use your SFlex options in your Vistana II to do exchanges like you always have. If you convert options to Abound Points, then you would use the II chart Dioxide posted for your exchanges but not sure if you would have a Marriott II account to do them in. Needless to say, the exact details are still not known.

wjarcher

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKOVRN, MKO, WLR, SVV, SDO
Here is what I got for my weeks based on the printout:

SDO red 1-52 2br (gold): 1975
WKORVN 2br island view (same as ocean view too): 6200
Lagunamar 2br platinum: 4950
Lagunamar 1br platinum: 3250
Lagunamar 2br gold: 3400
Westin Desert Willow 2br platinum: 3725
SVV 2br non-lockoff bella prime: 2825
SVV 2br non-lockoff key west prime: 2725
SFlex 148,100: 4325 (basically 34.24:1)

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Here is what I got for my weeks based on the printout:

SDO red 1-52 2br (gold): 1975
WKORVN 2br island view (same as ocean view too): 6200
Lagunamar 2br platinum: 4950
Lagunamar 1br platinum: 3250
Lagunamar 2br gold: 3400
Westin Desert Willow 2br platinum: 3725
SVV 2br non-lockoff bella prime: 2825
SVV 2br non-lockoff key west prime: 2725
SFlex 148,100: 4325 (basically 34.24:1)
Thanks for this. I have updated the Google Sheet. Interesting that they have a 100 point difference between Bella and Key west even though the units are pretty much identical.

wjarcher

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKOVRN, MKO, WLR, SVV, SDO
Thanks for this. I have updated the Google Sheet. Interesting that they have a 100 point difference between Bella and Key west even though the units are pretty much identical.
yup, no idea about why (the initial purchase prices are all over places depending on when it was bought by the first owner; maybe Vistana has some internal pricing history where Bella costs more Key west).

Also the fix weeks for WKORVN have higher points value in case you'd like to add rows to your sheet. WKRVN week 52, island view has 8075 points

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
yup, no idea about why (the initial purchase prices are all over places depending on when it was bought by the first owner; maybe Vistana has some internal pricing history where Bella costs more Key west).

Also the fix weeks for WKORVN have higher points value in case you'd like to add rows to your sheet. WKRVN week 52, island view has 8075 points
Added.

Are your Lagunamar weeks all Oceanview? I am tracking the Oceanside separately even if they are the same amount.