• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Thread Dedicated to the Upcoming/Anticipated Integration of Vistana and Marriott Ownerships

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
For a Ritz property? Maybe, but I’m never looking for ski season as we’re not skiers.

Ritz was sold entirely differently than the typical timeshare to a rather exclusive, upscale, clientele. Because of the way it was sold and how Ritz owners usage rights work, it makes it a little more difficult for MVC owners to gain access to those properties.

This YouTube video gives a little insight into how they sold thenRitz properties and the differences in how their owners can book time within that club.

I think the usage in San Francisco is unique to that location? I am not sure all of the locations allow for nightly usage like San Francisco?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I think the usage in San Francisco is unique to that location? I am not sure all of the locations allow for nightly usage like San Francisco?

At St Thomas they were sold as three week fractionals with two winter (high season) weeks and a summer (shoulder) week on a rotating/cycle basis. They also allow booking unused inventory within 60 days. I don't own there, but had looked into it. Not sure of any other details.

samcar1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistanta 4*
thanks. I know about the fractional timeshares. That's why i was surprised to see it show up on the Marriott Chart.

rickxylon

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aruba Ocean Club
Aruba Surf Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Phuket Beach Club
Just got this thru the chat function. Reps name deleted.

What is the latest estimate as to when the website will be working

4:16:25 PM
Hello, sorry we still do not have the exact date but it should not take long since the issue comes from one of our systems and we need that system for a lot of our tasks so I hope that it will not take too long. In the meantime, if you need to book something using points or anything related to points we can do it for you.

4:18:44 PM
Me
Thanks. When it’s working again, will the response time be faster? It has been horribly slow for a long time.

4:20:25 PM
I know and I apologize for that as well, yes it must work way better, and well all of this is because of the product transformation which is getting closer but of course it will be working fine soon.

jyatl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
For a Ritz property? Maybe, but I’m never looking for ski season as we’re not skiers.

Ritz was sold entirely differently than the typical timeshare to a rather exclusive, upscale, clientele. Because of the way it was sold and how Ritz owners usage rights work, it makes it a little more difficult for MVC owners to gain access to those properties.

This YouTube video gives a little insight into how they sold thenRitz properties and the differences in how their owners can book time within that club.

Thought I'd share my experience booking Ritz. I'm on the way back from 6 days at the St Thomas Ritz. I booked 1/29 when I bought my first bundle, before i even closed. I originally booked for 5 days. Then on the day of check in while waiting at the airport, i called owner services and added another day. The rep had to get a supervisor to approve since i was technically booking 1 day. She had to cancel the 5 day then rebook 6. All in all very smooth experience.

GraceH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC and Vistana
The problem is that they only have ROFR at a few resorts. They could up their game in Maui, but I suspect that they will offer a lot of points to Maui weeks to convert to Club Points. Probably in line or a bit higher than Marriott offers MOC owners in the new towers. A 2BR oceanfront gets almost 7,500 Club Points. I suspect the Westin properties may get closer to 8,000. That may not ba a good value to the astute Tugger, but most others would just see that they can score several weeks in DC for that amount of points and elect Club Points.
I’m a newbie going through some old posts so you’ll have to excuse this delayed reply.
I own a deeded MOC OF in the new towers and was unsuccessful booking a July 4th, 2023 week (I know, high demand week) at 6am PST 12 months out with a desktop computer, laptop, and iPad at the ready to lock down a reservation. Instead I had to resort to my backup plan of using DC points (luckily we had plenty banked from previously cancelled trips), but I had to use 9,000 DC points to book the same OF unit that’s worth only 7475 Club points when I elect my unit. Kinda frustrating but am thankful at the same time to have scored a booking for July 4th so that we could travel with family (who did not have to sweat bullets trying to book WKORVN) at the same time.
I’m certainly curious to see how much an OF WKORV/N/Nanea would be worth in DC points.

Last edited:

GraceH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC and Vistana
I could see the situation where I book WPORV 12 months out using Marriott DC Points. And then wait to see if WPORV is available with StarOptions 8 months out.

If it is, I book with SOs and cancel my WPORV reservation and get my DC points back.

Only minor caveat is you may lose building and/or view preferences specified at initial booking (12 month prior) to those reservations with timestamps earlier than your followup SO reservation. Though the loss of these preferences may be worthwhile sacrifice to get back your higher value DC points.

Last edited:

GraceH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC and Vistana
The Ritz
They can, but availability is often as scarce as hens teeth, especially in high season. San Francisco seems to be the easiest to book.

[Unsolicited quick review] The Ritz-Carlton Club in San Francisco is lovely.
Fully stocked kitchen with wine fridge, beer, and on call chef too. They have housekeeping twice daily, a laundromat closet, 1.5BA, turn-down service, and more.
The 24hr lounge has a fancy coffee machine, and a huge variety of TAZO tea flavors. Snacks, fruits, wine social hour daily, and a nice outside patio too and a 2-story gym I’d forgotten to check out.
Cookie Chest in the lobby stocked around the clock (pre-covid).
View of Union square from the Cheesecake Factory in Macy’s And ice skating rink from Nov, 2019

Attachments

• A46D4638-E931-48A8-B367-13B5B7F347EB.jpeg
    A46D4638-E931-48A8-B367-13B5B7F347EB.jpeg
    52.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 75F817E1-41A5-420D-8D64-79B568E89288.jpeg
    75F817E1-41A5-420D-8D64-79B568E89288.jpeg
    53.6 KB · Views: 41
  • FD6E3393-63EA-4E34-AB29-7BF1B822101E.jpeg
    FD6E3393-63EA-4E34-AB29-7BF1B822101E.jpeg
    72.9 KB · Views: 44
  • B8B76719-4CB3-4089-A8A7-E2EA5D2AB27E.jpeg
    B8B76719-4CB3-4089-A8A7-E2EA5D2AB27E.jpeg
    69.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 27675138-B898-4DE9-8932-3819E8E199C9.jpeg
    27675138-B898-4DE9-8932-3819E8E199C9.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 44
  • E6228EE5-FF78-4F15-92D3-5CADE2E0638C.jpeg
    E6228EE5-FF78-4F15-92D3-5CADE2E0638C.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 42D13D27-D7B8-4522-827F-69419C188428.jpeg
    42D13D27-D7B8-4522-827F-69419C188428.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
I’m certainly curious to see how much an OF WKORV/N/Nanea would be worth in DC points.
Our 2BR WKORV/N OF week get us 8325 points in the new Abound program. Of course it takes a lot more points to book the same unit at that time, which is why I’ve booked via Vistana and may try renting out our July 4th reservation, we’ll see.

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Ritz

[Unsolicited quick review] The Ritz-Carlton Club in San Francisco is lovely.
Fully stocked kitchen with wine fridge, beer, and on call chef too. They have housekeeping twice daily, a laundromat closet, 1.5BA, turn-down service, and more.
The 24hr lounge has a fancy coffee machine, and a huge variety of TAZO tea flavors. Snacks, fruits, wine social hour daily, and a nice outside patio too and a 2-story gym I’d forgotten to check out.
Cookie Chest in the lobby stocked around the clock (pre-covid).
View of Union square from the Cheesecake Factory in Macy’s And ice skating rink from Nov, 2019

Isn’t the Club access only if you book a club level room on the hotel side ($$$$$)? Not for timeshare bookings? If timeshare units and bookings get access to that club then that’s a bargain!

michael49

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club, Waiohai Beach Club, Desert Springs II, Manor Club (Original Section), DC points
--Isn’t the Club access only if you book a club level room on the hotel side ($$$$$)? Not for timeshare bookings? If timeshare units and bookings get access to that club then that’s a bargain!--

We had access to the Club both times that we stayed there. The last time was about 4 years ago.

Davey54321

TUG Member
Reaction score
--Isn’t the Club access only if you book a club level room on the hotel side ($$$$$)? Not for timeshare bookings? If timeshare units and bookings get access to that club then that’s a bargain!--

We had access to the Club both times that we stayed there. The last time was about 4 years ago.
We did as well when we were there 3 or 4 years ago…

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
Interesting discussion. Back to some speculating ...Today I called in about some wait lists and the owner services rep told me that they were told that the new program would launch at the end of fall. I asked her if she meant to say the end of summer and she said she is certain they said the end of fall which would be nearly Christmas. It made me think that I need to plan my 2023 travels with MVC now without thinking I will be accessing DC points through Abound with my Vistana ownership to use in my bookings, in case she is right. Has anyone heard anything like this?

Last edited:

GraceH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC and Vistana
Our 2BR WKORV/N OF week get us 8325 points in the new Abound program. Of course it takes a lot more points to book the same unit at that time, which is why I’ve booked via Vistana and may try renting out our July 4th reservation, we’ll see.

8325 points:thumbup:, much better than 7475 and fair given the much nicer Vistana studios vs that Marriott efficiency.

Fallenone

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Vacation Club Points
Isn’t the Club access only if you book a club level room on the hotel side ($$$$$)? Not for timeshare bookings? If timeshare units and bookings get access to that club then that’s a bargain!
That specific RC is for residence and timeshare only. Different from the other RC hotel which is quite close. Hence all who stay there can use the club. The club itself does not provide nearly as much as the RC hotel $$$$ club access rooms.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
Interesting discussion. Back to some speculating ...Today I called in about some wait lists and the owner services rep told me that they were told that the new program would launch at the end of fall. I asked her if she meant to say the end of summer and she said she is certain they said the end of fall which would be nearly Christmas. It made me think that I need to plan my 2023 travels with MVC now without thinking I will be accessing DC points through Abound with my Vistana ownership to use in my bookings, in case she is right. Has anyone heard anything like this?
That seems as if it would eliminate any possibility for Vistana owners to elect DP/Abound points for 2023, since I think the election deadline is maybe 9/30 for the following year. Which is basically what you said, lol...

As disappointing as this might be to any Vistana owners who are eager to access MVC properties or MVC owners wanting to access Vistana, it seems like it might be a more realistic schedule than any of the previous estimated launch dates which have been discussed. But yeah, Fall ends on December 21, so late Fall is basically Christmas.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
That seems as if it would eliminate any possibility for Vistana owners to elect DP/Abound points for 2023, since I think the election deadline is maybe 9/30 for the following year. Which is basically what you said, lol...

As disappointing as this might be to any Vistana owners who are eager to access MVC properties or MVC owners wanting to access Vistana, it seems like it might be a more realistic schedule than any of the previous estimated launch dates which have been discussed. But yeah, Fall ends on December 21, so late Fall is basically Christmas.
This is a good point. They probably wanted to get it rolled out this summer so Vistana owners could elect their units for 2023 usage and as. A result may have tried the IT transition before it was fully tested and ready.

While conceivably they could get it done in time for the Sept 30 deadline, it is becoming increasingly unlikely in my opinion. Better for them to take their time and do it right. It maybe some time until we see something real.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
They could always allow for Vistana owners to Elect through December 31st for the first year only. Sept 30/Oct 31 is an arbitrary number anyway. If Vistana owners can't elect 2023, it makes the whole system a bust for another whole year.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
They could always allow for Vistana owners to Elect through December 31st for the first year only. Sept 30/Oct 31 is an arbitrary number anyway. If Vistana owners can't elect 2023, it makes the whole system a bust for another whole year.
A couple people here were told in presentations that they would elect points whenever they wanted to do a transaction, not by a deadline like for MVC weeks. If that's the case, then not launching until late 2022 is not as impactful to Vistana owners. MVC owners would see Vistana inventory build even more slowly in this case than it's likely to under a set deadline, unfortunately.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
A couple people here were told in presentations that they would elect points whenever they wanted to do a transaction, not by a deadline like for MVC weeks. If that's the case, then not launching until late 2022 is not as impactful to Vistana owners. MVC owners would see Vistana inventory build even more slowly in this case than it's likely to under a set deadline, unfortunately.
I am not exactly sure what others were told, but I don't see why it would be any different for Vistana owners than it is Marriott owners. The rules are all written into the Exchange Procedures.

timsi

TUG Member
Reaction score
True but by that time many Vistana owners have already made travel plans for 2023 and the number of deposits will be greatly reduced. The best Marriott inventory will also be long gone by that time so there will be disappointment on both sides.

wjarcher

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKOVRN, MKO, WLR, SVV, SDO
Based on what I was told this week, Vistana election will start in October, and end by 12/31 this year to accommodate the launch of the new program. No changes for MVC club deadlines. Not sure how it would impact the cross program booking, I assume Vistana weeks would be available for MVC members as late as October.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

regatta333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Long Wharf, Wyndham points, Vistana Westin Kierland
We are supposed to be Presidential in Marriott when the systems are merged. My understanding was that most of these miscellaneous fees (banking options, Interval exchanges into Marriott, etc) would go away. Since the banking deadline for us is October 1 and the system is still not live, I guess will we still have to pay banking fees this year.

wjarcher

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKOVRN, MKO, WLR, SVV, SDO
We are supposed to be Presidential in Marriott when the systems are merged. My understanding was that most of these miscellaneous fees (banking options, Interval exchanges into Marriott, etc) would go away. Since the banking deadline for us is October 1 and the system is still not live, I guess will we still have to pay banking fees this year.

The merged program only applies to your 2023 usage. The banking fee and deadline for your Vistana 2022 usage won't change.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Am I remembering correctly that the rules/deadlines for electing Points were relaxed during 2010, the year the DC was launched? It was so confusing that many owners still didn’t have enough information to decide to enroll their Weeks by the election deadlines, nevermind enroll them and elect Points for them!