• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree that the chances week 51 or 52 at Grande Vista are low. What about a Florida Club booking into Legends Edge? Platinum runs to week 44 there (early November). I'm also ok with $872 all in for the EOY week.

Also, can you elaborate on how a replacement interval week would work? Thanks!

If there is nothing left available in your season after a transfer. You call Marriott and requested a replacement week. It will be a Marriott deposit into Interval that you can use to make an exchange. They will typically give you the option of a single 2BR deposit which would allow you to make one trade or a studio and a 1BR deposit which would allow you to make two trades. Same as if you locked off the week yourself and deposited that way.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
And to lock off unit, MVC charges $90 since unit is not enrolled.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Huskerpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BoardWalk Villas, MVC Grande Vista & Willow Ridge, WorldMark
When I got my Gold Grande Vista EOYE last year, by the time the transfer was finished there was nothing to reserve, so they gave a replacement week which was in September with a low TDI. I was able to exchange into a Lakeshore Reserve 2BDR this December. Since I didn't have to pay any of the MF for the 2022 week, to me this trade basically pays for my purchase price of a few hundred plus the 5-year Interval membership I setup to get the replacement week. I'm happy with the outcome.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Wew even got a replacement deposit when we bought way back in 2007. The only mistake I made was not locking it off. The rep even asked if I wanted to lock off and I didn't. I traded it for Cypress Harbour. Oh, I was very "green" back then...

These replacement deposits are really just weeks that Marriott has deposited from their side, usually excess inventory from weeks that owners didn't reserve. When you accept one of these weeks, they just transfer the deposit to your II account. It is possible to sometimes get a late deposit (59 flexchange restricted). Others have also been able to get these weeks after the end of the use year.

stslc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside, MOC Sequel
Took another shot at some points @ $1.70 and Marriott exercised ROFR.

joebeta

Reaction score
I have a Marriott's Ocean Pointe - 2 Bedroom Lock-Off- Silver Season(18-21) and (35-50). Oceanside. Florida Club-- All Fees are Current- No Mortgage. Equals 3,050 Points. I still have deeded week. Any Guess What price would pass ROFR? Thanks. I am hoping to get 5K.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a Marriott's Ocean Pointe - 2 Bedroom Lock-Off- Silver Season(18-21) and (35-50). Oceanside. Florida Club-- All Fees are Current- No Mortgage. Equals 3,050 Points. I still have deeded week. Any Guess What price would pass ROFR? Thanks. I am hoping to get 5K.

Check rofr.net to see what recently reported listing have passed/failed at what prices.

deniseh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Destination Points
We are finalizing an EOY platinum at Desert Springs villas 2. Passed ROFR at $1500. Usage starts 2024 and reservation was made by previous owner for March 31-April 7. What is the typical timeframe for it to actually transfer to our MVC account? So that we could deposit it in Interval if we decide not to use it for that week.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
We are finalizing an EOY platinum at Desert Springs villas 2. Passed ROFR at $1500. Usage starts 2024 and reservation was made by previous owner for March 31-April 7. What is the typical timeframe for it to actually transfer to our MVC account? So that we could deposit it in Interval if we decide not to use it for that week.
My guess would be 60 to 75 days based on my experience several years ago. When you are in the system, quickly look for something that is in your season (probably Red rather than Platinum - - but same thing).

deniseh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Destination Points
My guess would be 60 to 75 days based on my experience several years ago. When you are in the system, quickly look for something that is in your season (probably Red rather than Platinum - - but same thing).
Thanks. It seems like this next step is the slowest. How does one know that it is transferred?
Yes, it is red season. Just used to most resorts it is platinum.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Thanks. It seems like this next step is the slowest. How does one know that it is transferred?
Yes, it is red season. Just used to most resorts it is platinum.

You'll get an email from MVC Ownership that lets you know it's in your account. I usually follow up with an email maybe 45 days in - I would expect it to take at least two months.

If you're going to deposit into Interval and you know before the end of this year, you might want to change the reservation to week 52. I think the 12-months out would trump the higher TDI of March but only 4-5 months out.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Took another shot at some points @ $1.70 and Marriott exercised ROFR.
I was looking at rofr.net and the club points entries. It seems fairly rare that club points are getting through ROFR.

stslc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside, MOC Sequel
I was looking at rofr.net and the club points entries. It seems fairly rare that club points are getting through ROFR.
Agreed. I’m just trying to get lucky and at tge same time hope I’m helping people get out of their points.

Panzerman45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT Residence Club
Club Wyndham Access 300k
Just wondering. I was under the assumption that they all did.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
For Marriott, there is a link in the FAQ.

Vistana has its own stickies where you can find similar links.

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
Not enough background to put on ROFR.net, but I was talking to one of the high-end brokers on Maui last week and he said MVC took a new towers 2BR OF floating week at $37K, that's historically been at $30-32K. He also said they took a unicorn Napili 3BR Weeks 45-50, top floor at $75K each. The seller held back their Week 51-52, thankfully I guess. He was waiting to see if those weeks went into the Trust or rental pool. Said MVC considers that unit/weeks the premier unit in the system.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Not enough background to put on ROFR.net, but I was talking to one of the high-end brokers on Maui last week and he said MVC took a new towers 2BR OF floating week at $37K, that's historically been at $30-32K. He also said they took a unicorn Napili 3BR Weeks 45-50, top floor at $75K each. The seller held back their Week 51-52, thankfully I guess. He was waiting to see if those weeks went into the Trust or rental pool. Said MVC considers that unit/weeks the premier unit in the system.
I highly expect those weeks to go into the trust. It might take a year to really know but we know from a report GregT made several years ago when some fixed weeks that he wanted went back to MVC, they wouldn't sell them to him. They were destined for the trust.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
There are some really high-dollar weeks showing as Failed on rofr.net the past few months. Aruba, Hawaii, and a couple Grande Ocean being most of them.

amy241

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sanibel Cottages (Affiliate)
Marriott Ko ‘Olina Beach Club
Villas at Pu’ali, Lihue, HI
I need to correct the ROFR spreadsheet with regard to a Marriott Ko Olina entry below. I’ve emailed the contact (Dioxide45) on that spreadsheet twice but it has not been fixed. I should have typed $12,000 above (not $13,000 like I did). I didn’t see the typo before I posted.

We are closing on a week there for $12,500 and I posted that.

Ko Olina Beach Club1/3/2024PlatinumAnnual2BROcean View
$13,000.00​
FailedAmy241