• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Suspended Eagle Village Tamiment

Sammy1234

Reaction score
You said "Bottom line is, instead of letting it get this bad, they could have gradually increased maintenance fees, looked for grants, brainstormed with the board to do something."

I'm confused, who is "they"?

The board did increase MFs, 350 in 2002 to 760 in 2024. That's an average of 4% a year over the last 22 years. I would call that gradual.
You wrote "if the number of timeshare owners has decreased over 50%, wait til these increases happen, its going to really drop."

I asked about special assessments when I was there in 2021. The office person said it was afraid of losing more people, just like you said. Ownership is less than 30% at my last visit in July 2024. It must be less now. Around 25%. Yes, EV will lose more. But Oakes is taking ownership through a new separate company of deeded back, ownerless timeshares. So is he part of our timeshare anymore? I dont think so. He's not an owner of Eagle Village POA, so he can't vote. He is Bushkil PA Eagle Village Property Owners, LLC. I think we will be separate. That's why I don't think our Board will be unreasonable with assessments.

About the bids, I think we need to start trusting the board. Give it some time to organize and accept bids.It has already said what the plan is. It won't be giving us a blow by blow. But it did say check the new website from time to time. The renovation plan just started and it said would take 2 years.
I'm a fact nerd. It helps me to stick with the facts. That's why I went to see for myself. I don't think there is anything nefarious going on. Truly. But I would appreciate your observations should you decide to visit it. I was reading up on the history of Tamiment Hotel just last night. It was such a wonderful, beloved place back in its heyday by so many people.
The real villian is Seong Hong, the man who bought the property and then closed it down in 2004, just 2 years after I bought it. I really feel cheated about that, but happy, Sammy1234, you got so many wonderful years. Makes me smile about the watermelon races, even though my kids missed out on that.
Yes, back when I went with my parents back in the 80's, it was beautiful and many fun times at the pool. Interesting enough, I just today was telling my neighbor who I knew lived in the Pocono's about Eagle Village, she said, her parents owned the property directly across from Taniment. She said, one day, some short guy with a mustache walked over to talk to her parents, I said, Wayne Newton? She said, yes that's who it was. She said her parents had cabins out front on their property (I think I kind of remember that). She said, the cabins were old and run down and Wayne Newton asked if he could pay to have them torn down because they were an eyesore to the people coming into Taniment. So yes, at one time there was pride of ownership.

194725RR

Reaction score
We have a progress update post on Facebook:

LisaC

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Eagle Village at Tamiment
We are in the process of doing the deedback. Really hate to put out the $2,500 but we figure with maintenance fees going to increase...probabaly close to $1,000 and by the time they add some assessments, we might not be far off and this gets us out of this forever!

natalia

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Manhattan Club
We are in the process of doing the deedback. Really hate to put out the $2,500 but we figure with maintenance fees going to increase...probabaly close to $1,000 and by the time they add some assessments, we might not be far off and this gets us out of this forever!
Definitely a large amount to pay however it is understandable since the upcoming maintenance fees and possible special assessments are unknown and questions still remain about these “changes” forthcoming.

Sammy1234

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does anyone else have a problem with the fact that people have posted things like, I almost broke my ankle because the steps were rotten, no air conditioning, just to name a few major faults, but yet they are excited to tell us they are putting in a new walking trail that will be finished by 2025? Shouldn't a new walking trail be at the bottom of the list of renovations? Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

TugFhj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does anyone else have a problem with the fact that people have posted things like, I almost broke my ankle because the steps were rotten, no air conditioning, just to name a few major faults, but yet they are excited to tell us they are putting in a new walking trail that will be finished by 2025? Shouldn't a new walking trail be at the bottom of the list of renovations? Don't know whether to laugh or cry.
I agree! I am sure there might have been some safety concerns, but when did they meet with the 10+ contractors and obtain bids to get the best prices for the tree removal? Renovations sound nice however most of the units need a deep cleaning and some basic repairs to become more useable and get RCI reinstated. Seems to be priorities not in the right order. They seem to also promoting deed buy backs a little too eagerly and at $2600 a bit extreme! Time keeps passing and still really no plan revealed to the owners. My own opinion they have something else in mind like more homes. Do you really think in this day and age of timeshare not as popular the decline of the Pocono area that a "new" resort would make financial sense ?

natalia

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Manhattan Club
I agree! I am sure there might have been some safety concerns, but when did they meet with the 10+ contractors and obtain bids to get the best prices for the tree removal? Renovations sound nice however most of the units need a deep cleaning and some basic repairs to become more useable and get RCI reinstated. Seems to be priorities not in the right order. They seem to also promoting deed buy backs a little too eagerly and at $2600 a bit extreme! Time keeps passing and still really no plan revealed to the owners. My own opinion they have something else in mind like more homes. Do you really think in this day and age of timeshare not as popular the decline of the Pocono area that a "new" resort would make financial sense ?
Good points.
After thinking about the latest updates from “new management”on Facebook and their many promising projects I am not convinced that this “Timeshare” project is the real priority.

LisaC

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Has anyone who has done a Deedback get their title and show it has been completed? I am waiting for mine to complete, its been about 3 weeks in process so far.

nellevad

TUG Member
Reaction score
You will get a letter, not a title, stating the transfer is complete. You could also call EV and find out if their records show you are no longer an owner.

LisaC

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You will get a letter, not a title, stating the transfer is complete. You could also call EV and find out if their records show you are no longer an owner.
Yes, that's a good idea. I was told she would send me confirmation when the account is closed. She said once she has been notified by the resort management, she would send it to me. I am thinking maybe early next week.

LisaC

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sorry to see you go. Glad you are satisfied with the outcome. Hopefully, everything works out well for each person with a stake in this property. There's a lot of history here for many of us. Thanks for your contributions to this blog.
Thanks so much! I am going to keep tabs on this page to see what I am missing out on. Just curious how everything turns out and when they get reinstated back to RCI.