• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Suspended Eagle Village Tamiment

Sammy1234

Reaction score
Thank you for all the updates. I do question if it is legal for hired management to decide not to attempt to sell timeshares when we are by design a timeshare community. It was not designed for "them" to maintain control of deeds. I believe they can't sell them and failed at giving them away previously. Who would even want to lease them at this point? Again, I don't think it is Stephanie's job to change our operational design regardless of the rationale. Desperation and trying to maintain her job makes me concerned if they are operating legally and in OUR collective interest. Our Boards complete lack of response, information sharing, and noticed meetings is even more troublesome. Who is actually the Captain of our sinking ship? I believe we need all new board members ASAP. Some of us from this forum certainly couldn't do any worse than the bunch we have in office currently.
Good points. Especially since the week my parents gave me is one they had since around 1986. They have a lot of money put in this timeshare week for someone else to be able to sell it. If she can sell them, would we get any money back.

Sammy1234

Reaction score
Thank you for all the updates. I do question if it is legal for hired management to decide not to attempt to sell timeshares when we are by design a timeshare community. It was not designed for "them" to maintain control of deeds. I believe they can't sell them and failed at giving them away previously. Who would even want to lease them at this point? Again, I don't think it is Stephanie's job to change our operational design regardless of the rationale. Desperation and trying to maintain her job makes me concerned if they are operating legally and in OUR collective interest. Our Boards complete lack of response, information sharing, and noticed meetings is even more troublesome. Who is actually the Captain of our sinking ship? I believe we need all new board members ASAP. Some of us from this forum certainly couldn't do any worse than the bunch we have in office currently.
Also good point about Stephanie Mills trying to maintain her job which is why I question if she is really telling the truth about the new plans for investors to put money towards improving the condos. I feel like she is just patting us on the head, saying its going to be ok thinking that will make us calm down.

nellevad

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't get the impression that Stephanie had much control. She had no finance info and said Sara Davidison is the financial person. Stephanie only works M, Th, F and is gone by, I think, 1 pm. Decisions were made years ago by previous BoDs to accept dead owner deeds back, and efforts were made to resell those for a week's maintenance fees. Deeds were lost to viking ship companies and people who died without wills. They had many forfeitures after the pandemic. I count at least 350. Since this January, I think they had another 350 to 400. There are people who lease for 3 years, believe it or not. They are fine with the disrepair because they can enjoy peace and quiet in a rural setting at an incredibly cheap price, with no responsibility. I talked to a couple of them. We all made a poor investment in this property. I used it for RCI for years, then quit RCI and rented when points diminished. Did I pay much attention to it during my RCI years? NO! I got my swaps. I have no one to really blame but myself for being blindsided by the financials. The board is at fault for lack of detailed communication, but they have communicated ..just not the way we would prefer. They have said we have a solution in this deal with Mr. Oakes. They say the papers have been signed. I have seen Oakes on the property. I went there to see for myself, not relying on third party reviews. I am tired of being angry. I will grant them a little grace.

TugFhj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just to preface everyone is entitled to their opinion and do what they feel is in their best interest.

However they have not officially told us anything since the meeting and the last news is they are working on it. Nellevad was able to get some unofficial information, however they have not informed us of anything yet! No plan or timeframe and not responding.

I have attached some information for those that would like to know.
From Linkedin search
Employees at Eagle Village POA

Theresa Travis
Director of Operations at Eagle Village Property Owners Assoc.

Tammy Young
Procurement Manager/Accounts Payable at Eagle Village POA

Stephanie Mills
Operations Manager at EVPOA

Jahaad Mills
Network Technician

Employee listing

Sammy1234

Reaction score
I didn't get the impression that Stephanie had much control. She had no finance info and said Sara Davidison is the financial person. Stephanie only works M, Th, F and is gone by, I think, 1 pm. Decisions were made years ago by previous BoDs to accept dead owner deeds back, and efforts were made to resell those for a week's maintenance fees. Deeds were lost to viking ship companies and people who died without wills. They had many forfeitures after the pandemic. I count at least 350. Since this January, I think they had another 350 to 400. There are people who lease for 3 years, believe it or not. They are fine with the disrepair because they can enjoy peace and quiet in a rural setting at an incredibly cheap price, with no responsibility. I talked to a couple of them. We all made a poor investment in this property. I used it for RCI for years, then quit RCI and rented when points diminished. Did I pay much attention to it during my RCI years? NO! I got my swaps. I have no one to really blame but myself for being blindsided by the financials. The board is at fault for lack of detailed communication, but they have communicated ..just not the way we would prefer. They have said we have a solution in this deal with Mr. Oakes. They say the papers have been signed. I have seen Oakes on the property. I went there to see for myself, not relying on third party reviews. I am tired of being angry. I will grant them a little grace.
The board is not at fault for lack of detailed communication, but they have communicated..just not the way we prefer?? Like we prefer to be told upfront what's going on? We prefer they answer our emails? Not relying on third party reviews? So, all and there are a lot, of people leaving after one night because it was so bad are not reliable reviews?? If I wasn't angry already, this post makes me really angry.

Sammy1234

Reaction score
The board is not at fault for lack of detailed communication, but they have communicated..just not the way we prefer?? Like we prefer to be told upfront what's going on? We prefer they answer our emails? Not relying on third party reviews? So, all and there are a lot, of people leaving after one night because it was so bad are not reliable reviews?? If I wasn't angry already, this post makes me really angry.
I forgot to mention, the third party reviews that posted incriminating pictures, I guess they used Photoshop to make things look worse than they really are?

Sammy1234

Reaction score
I forgot to mention, the third party reviews that posted incriminating pictures, I guess they used Photoshop to make things look worse than they really are?
Another thing, how comes so many other timeshares survived after Covid? I would be pretty sure Eagle Village is not the only timeshare that had people die that did not have wills. How were they able to continue operating? Could it be they were properly managed and maintained?

natalia

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Manhattan Club
Just to preface everyone is entitled to their opinion and do what they feel is in their best interest.

However they have not officially told us anything since the meeting and the last news is they are working on it. Nellevad was able to get some unofficial information, however they have not informed us of anything yet! No plan or timeframe and not responding.

From Linkedin search

Theresa Travis

Tammy Young

Stephanie Mills

Jahaad Mills
Network Technician

Employee listing
Thank you for the information and stating that EVERYONE is entitled to their own opinion.
I have felt that certain critical comments have been directed towards me recently.
I am waiting for further information from EV and the collection agency.

natalia

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Manhattan Club

From Linkedin search

Theresa Travis

Tammy Young

Stephanie Mills

Jahaad Mills
Network Technician

Employee listing
I believe Theresa Travis was the individual that I purchased my time share with at EV years ago. I have often wondered if she was still associated with EV since I have not seen her since. (?)

Saworkman01

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Eagle Village Tamiment

From Linkedin search

Theresa Travis

Tammy Young

Stephanie Mills

Jahaad Mills
Network Technician

Employee listing
If this is accurate, I seriously question why we would pay for a Network Technician on staff. The name at least implies being some relation to Stephanie Mills. A resort like ours I would expect to be served by a local tech company on an as needed basis.

Saworkman01

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Eagle Village Tamiment
If this is accurate, I seriously question why we would pay for a Network Technician on staff. The name at least implies being some relation to Stephanie Mills. A resort like ours I would expect to be served by a local tech company on an as needed basis.
His LinkedIn claims 3 years of full time employment. His photo appears younger so probably a child/cousin/nephew of Stephanie Mills.

194725RR

Reaction score
Good points, especially since most of the website content seemed to be decades old.

LisaC

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Eagle Village at Tamiment
Has anyone received any recent collection calls due to not paying maintenance?

LisaC

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I still receive calls, I let them go to voicemail. I get at least 1 a week sometimes 3-4 a week. Message always says to call them, no details.
I am just concerned they will put us in collections.

LisaC

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

194725RR

Reaction score
Will this affect our credit score?
Looking back on previous recent posts on this topic, it doesn't seem like non-payment is being reported at this point. But it can be reported at any time. If this turns around and renovations are done and RCI is reinstated, I would be happy to continue paying the maintenance fee. But if we're still locked out of RCI and the property remains unusable, I'm planning to stop paying the fee and review the options discussed in this thread which would probably involve an attorney.

MOWYN

Reaction score
As I reported earlier, I had sent a complaint to the Pennsylvania Attorney General's Office. They notified me that they were going to send my complaint to Eagle Village for mediation, but included the information that they had no official power to do anything. Eagle Village had 30 days to respond. I have heard back that Eagle Village ignored the complaint and did not respond. I am including the text from the letter from the Attorney General's office below. They say that they will keep my complaint on file for possible use in the future. I'd recommend others also fill out the Attorney General complaint form. It will be helpful to have multiple complaints on file.

The Bureau of Consumer Protection attempted to resolve your complaint
against Eagle Village through a voluntary mediation process. Despite our
efforts, we have not been able to resolve this matter between you and Eagle
Village. Despite our mediation attempts, Eagle Village did not respond to our
mediation efforts.
As you may know, participation in the Bureau’s mediation process is
voluntary for both sides, and we cannot compel a business to agree to a
solution. As a result, we will take no further action on your complaint at
this time. However, we want to inform you of other options that may be
available to you, should you decide to pursue this matter. Please refer to
Questions 8 and 9 in the FAQ section on our website at
for more information about the mediation process and your options in pursuing
the matter further. As we state in the FAQs, you are free to pursue a
lawsuit privately. Some lawsuits must be filed within a certain time, and
you should consult with an attorney if you have any questions.
We understand the frustration of trying to seek justice, and that this
was not the result you were hoping for. We want you to know that we
sincerely appreciate hearing and learning about your experience with this
business, as it is information from people like you that help us do our job
to protect consumers. A copy of your complaint will remain on file for
future reference and for possible use in an investigation or enforcement
action we may bring to protect the public interest of the Commonwealth of
Pennsylvania.
On behalf of the Office of Attorney General, thank you for taking the
time to bring this matter to our attention.

Very truly yours,

Laura Pittini
Consumer Protection Agent

194725RR

Reaction score
Thank you, Nellevad. This confirms your findings during your recent visit. It sounds like they're just going to do repairs, not renovations. This will keep costs down. It will also enable them to get Phase 1 units done fairly quickly, which will allow RCI reinstatement. It also sounds like John Oakes, who has good business skills, can help with operations improvements and efficiency.

A remaining key concern is if there is going to be an assessment or a raise in maintenance fees. Either of these could cause defaults and counteract any bottom line benefit. It would seem that there would be initial investment or loan monies that could be used and recovered with increased facilities use once the site is revitalized. Hopefully, current owner's fees can be grandfathered in so we don't get hit with yet another situation to deal with.

This is promising news and I'm looking forward to more updates. Hopefully, the Oakes Group or EV can provide us with updates as key benchmarks get accomplished. Thanks, as always, for your extraordinary efforts.

Last edited:

nellevad

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Memorandum of Agreement I found on Pike County Recorders of deeds website that I monitor weekly. I am a "need to know the facts" person. That is how I know about deed returns and land ownership and found the agreement that I have looked for since my visit to EV. According to this agreement, owners who are delinquent will be addressed. I know many of you have not paid MFs until you saw proof of an agreement. I hope you accept what I posted. If not, look it up yourself. But I do know that just because you didn't pay MFs this year, doesn't mean you won't get next year's bill. You will, and it will compound because you are an owner and you signed legal papers of ownership, just Iike with your house. I would expect we will get some sort of assessment. What we pay in MFs is way below norm- which is what has also added to the property condition. I expect something close to 1400 next year. Although I got assessed at 1700 for a Florida timeshare about 10 years ago whe MFs were only 750. Realistically, what businessman is going to add to our property value without us paying a fair share?
Also, contrary to one post, I did not give the BoDs a free pass, and I hope that person would go back and reread my post. It angered me and I don't want to be angry anymore. And, yes, everything is up to scutiny on the web if you don't see it with your own eyes, or verify the info through acreddited resources. I will say it again, my units did not look like the pictures on the web. I have one in phase 2 and one in phase 3. I have current pictures of both. Not saying a unit could not look like that, but not all, and that was my point. I see there is hope. I want to be cool headed, know the facts and choose my best path. I didn't think the AG could do anything, as was proven, because we are a private ownership club, not a business. I do suggest that MFs be paid to avoid credit hits because I believe we have some big actors with deep pockets involved now. It's not just our little disfunctional BoDs. I mentioned earlier that I was given a closing service name by the office. Resale Closings,LLC, is a legit company. For those who do not want to continue ownership, I would contact them first before going to a lawyer who would only act as a middleman, charge a fee, and just use this company anyway. I have said, from the beginning, to give this mess a year to resolve, one way or another. As for me, I'll wait 2 years. That should be time enough for this to play out.

194725RR

Reaction score
As a newly willed owner such as myself, I continue to appreciate your perspectives on this situation. All of the feedback in this blog has been helpful. Ultimately, as news and information keeps coming in, we can make the best decisions that protect our heath and assets.