• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Suspended Eagle Village Tamiment

Sammy1234

Reaction score
Well, I am here, and yes, it is dilapidated. That is the correct word. In just 3 years since my last visit, my unit shows much more wear. I will speak to Stephanie on Monday. Nia in the office said the paperwork was signed last week. They are going to go through with it. But nobody has the details-that they can share for certain. I asked about the website, and she said they just found that it was down when someone called about it. According to Nia, they are afraid to post too much information because they are afraid of too many questions. Well, on Monday I will talk to Stephanie about how we feel any information on a continual basis is better than none. I took pictures for 1053 and 1061. They are the same as mine. See following posts.
Afraid of too many questions?? Don't we deserve answers? That is a pretty lame excuse!

kevlev

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts Ocean Pointe and Grand Vista + points
I keep trying to attach the photos for 1061, having problems.
Thanks! So is the unit you have " Occupiable( A/C;Internet;vermin). I'm crossing my fingers!

nellevad

TUG Member
Reaction score
My unit is habitable, but I am not OCD on cleanliness because I also tent camp in the great buggy woods. I will take pictures of my unit. Air conditioning is working, tv is working, hot water for shower. I have seen no spiders or ants or mice. Wireless is only good from the living room because my unit bounces off of 1061 were the router is.

nellevad

TUG Member
Reaction score
So since you are 1061, you definitely have internet. Let me try to attach your photos again.

TugFhj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, I am here, and yes, it is dilapidated. That is the correct word. In just 3 years since my last visit, my unit shows much more wear. I will speak to Stephanie on Monday. Nia in the office said the paperwork was signed last week. They are going to go through with it. But nobody has the details-that they can share for certain. I asked about the website, and she said they just found that it was down when someone called about it. According to Nia, they are afraid to post too much information because they are afraid of too many questions. Well, on Monday I will talk to Stephanie about how we feel any information on a continual basis is better than none. I took pictures for 1053 and 1061. They are the same as mine. See following posts.
Appreciate the update and pics and the information you are getting/trying to get. Have you noticed if the resort is fully/partially/minimally occupied? Have you had a chance to talk to any other owners/guest who are there any feedback? Is the recreation area/pool open and in good working order. Thanks for your help. My unit is 1055, also in phase 3 section.

nellevad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your unit looks like the others I have pictured. I have talked to the owner in 1067 who bought 4 years ago. (??why??). He is unaware of anything going on. The owners in 1065 are here but I have not talked to yet. I recognize them from previous years. People next to me in 1063 are renters. They come for the pool. I would say there are 4 units being used in phase 1, and 6 units in phase 2, 7 units in phase 3. This is not surprising because all of the current owners are probably summer weeks, who now can't trade or visit. So units remain empty. I talked to a couple who rented 1037 on booking.com. They do every year because they like the property. They know it is run down, but the cost is right for them. The playground has been freshly mulched and looks good. Tennis court is ok, but mini golf is in disrepair. Pool water was clear, but bottom needed vacuuming. Community Utilities did put in a big, new sewer lift station on the lake shore just down from the pier. The pier is all broken apart with just one section left floating. The water tower that provides us water has been refurbished and a lift building erected next to it. It is like a ghost town here.

TugFhj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your unit looks like the others I have pictured. I have talked to the owner in 1067 who bought 4 years ago. (??why??). He is unaware of anything going on. The owners in 1065 are here but I have not talked to yet. I recognize them from previous years. People next to me in 1063 are renters. They come for the pool. I would say there are 4 units being used in phase 1, and 6 units in phase 2, 7 units in phase 3. This is not surprising because all of the current owners are probably summer weeks, who now can't trade or visit. So units remain empty. I talked to a couple who rented 1037 on booking.com. They do every year because they like the property. They know it is run down, but the cost is right for them. The playground has been freshly mulched and looks good. Tennis court is ok, but mini golf is in disrepair. Pool water was clear, but bottom needed vacuuming. Community Utilities did put in a big, new sewer lift station on the lake shore just down from the pier. The pier is all broken apart with just one section left floating. The water tower that provides us water has been refurbished and a lift building erected next to it. It is like a ghost town here.
Thanks for the continued updates. Sounds about right for the situation, such a shame from years ago, the pocono area has gone down hill and the resorts obviously suffer.

nellevad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, as far as maintenance staff- we checked in early, 3pm. Then we walked around and took pictures of 1061 and 1053. On our way back, we saw a truck pull up in front of our unit. A man jumped out and went to our door with keys. We came up behind him and scared him, lol. He said he was suppose to check that the unit was ready. He asked our name, looked at the schedule on his phone, which I could see, and said that is not the right name. When I said week 27, he saw our name and said how did you check in? I said Nia in the office let us in early. SO, yes I saw one maintenance man briefly on Friday. Nary a soul since then.

nellevad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Community Utilties put in a n
1000021208.jpg
ew sewer lift station that services Eagle Village, Eagle Point, The Glen and 2 other developments.

nellevad

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know that 20 years ago there was a developer who bought the old Tamiment hotel property with plans of a multi leveled residential development. It was nixed by the county because the utilities had to be upgraded first and there was this major push back from the town. The developer forfeited the property, but it took until 2021 for the legal stuff to clear. To me, the fact that the utilities have finally been upgraded mean redevelopment is a possibility.