• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Suspended Eagle Village Tamiment

equake

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Eagle Village
Thank you for providing your perspective. My points were removed for 2023. From what I understand, the suspension occurred after January of 2024. Therefore, I called RCI and reminded them that the suspension occurred at the beginning of 2024 which should have no bearing on the points I paid for in 2023. My 2023 points were reinstated. Try giving them a call to see if you can recover your 2023 points.
I used this information to try and get my 2023 points back and to date I have been unsuccessful. Seems maybe you just got lucky. Did anyone else get their 2023 points back??

194725RR

Reaction score
I used this information to try and get my 2023 points back and to date I have been unsuccessful. Seems maybe you just got lucky. Did anyone else get their 2023 points back??
I think the stipulation may be related to having a second RCI qualifying property.

TugFhj

TUG Member
Reaction score
So over a week has passed since some of you have sent emails to the "new" email address, have you finally received a response? was it informative? I do not see any updates on progress on webpage or Facebook!

Sammy1234

Reaction score
So over a week has passed since some of you have sent emails to the "new" email address, have you finally received a response? was it informative? I do not see any updates on progress on webpage or Facebook!
No reply to my email that was sent over a week ago. I still need to call back the zoning officer he had to check with someone to see if there was anything they could do. He wanted me to send him copies of the complaints that violated their ordinances. I just wrote myself a note to call tomorrow. If they can't do anything, I was thinking we should file a complaint with the Department of Health. We have to do something because they definitely are not doing anything.

194725RR

Reaction score
Thank you for being on top of this. There has been no response to my email either.

natalia

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Manhattan Club
Respectfully I believe we are fooling ourselves and must face facts.(This is in no way any judgement concerning what the owners in this forum are trying to accomplish.)
I do not believe at this point there will be any significant changes to this ongoing situation until the resort management and board of directors are removed/replaced.
Even after all the current emails, phone calls, etc. that have been sent to management and the Board of Directors. They are still ignored and there has been no credible communication to owners. That said it is apparent to me that management/board of directors have not taken this issue or owners concerns seriously.
Obviously, this is my opinion, but I do not see any successful outcome with the present individuals remaining in authority.

Sammy1234

Reaction score
Respectfully I believe we are fooling ourselves and must face facts.(This is in no way any judgement concerning what the owners in this forum are trying to accomplish.)
I do not believe at this point there will be any significant changes to this ongoing situation until the resort management and board of directors are removed/replaced.
Even after all the current emails, phone calls, etc. that have been sent to management and the Board of Directors. They are still ignored and there has been no credible communication to owners. That said it is apparent to me that management/board of directors have not taken this issue or owners concerns seriously.
Obviously, this is my opinion, but I do not see any successful outcome with the present individuals remaining in authority.
So what do you suggest we do just sit back and let them get away with this? So, with this comment by Natalia, I will not offer anymore suggestions or make any further calls to the township zoning officer or to The Real Estate Commission that oversees timeshare license. I will continue on my own to find a way to hold them accountable, but thanks to this comment which is a slap in the face to anyone who has made any effort to get this resolved, you (Natalia) have continually made negative comments to the people who have tried to help, so go ahead and continue to make your maintenance fees and let them use your money for whatever they decide to do with it and good luck.

194725RR

Reaction score
This situation is so frustrating. Everyone's comments have been helpful. It has been good to see different viewpoints that I may not have seen on my own. I'm leaning towards not paying for next year if we still have no RCI reinstatement unless one of us shares something else that could work. We haven't yet heard findings from Nellevad's current visit. Maybe there will be some good news..

nellevad

TUG Member
Reaction score
My visit to my unit is July 5th. I will post throughout my stay. People can ask me to take pictures, ask questions etc. I will attempt to talk to Ms Mills. If anyone can remember the names of the board members, it would be helpful to have them before I go.

equake

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Eagle Village
My visit to my unit is July 5th. I will post throughout my stay. People can ask me to take pictures, ask questions etc. I will attempt to talk to Ms Mills. If anyone can remember the names of the board members, it would be helpful to have them before I go.
I am a points owner but was told I can come and use a week at EV. When I asked what happens if RCI is re-instated what will I lose, they said they did not know. I'm not sure I want to risk losing a year's points in order to use a week at EV. Anyone else in that same boat?

194725RR

Reaction score
I am a points owner but was told I can come and use a week at EV. When I asked what happens if RCI is re-instated what will I lose, they said they did not know. I'm not sure I want to risk losing a year's points in order to use a week at EV. Anyone else in that same boat?
Yes, I'm also a points owner. However, Nellevad owns in phase three which are the newest units. I wouldn't want to risk being placed in a substandard unit. So I agree with your concerns about wasting a year's worth of value. RCI did say that the reinstatement process can often take a full year, so I remain hopeful that the unit issues can be resolved.

nellevad

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used to belong to RCI and received a point value for my units ( I have 2, lucky me). I am no longer a member. Are you referring to that original point system? Because if you are, and you paid your MF for 2024, you have access to your property, regardless of whether RCI dropped EV. Who made the offer to let you have a week? It also shouldn't affect any reinstated points for 2025. 2924 is a lost cause for points, nothing they will give back to accumulate I would think. If you did get in touch with EV (I have had luck on Saturday morning) and they are willing to offer you a week's usage, ask for phase 3 only. They own quite a few "ownerless" units now, according to the Pike County recorder of deeds. I don't think they are renting as many through Booking.com anymore because the reviews are bad. I check every now and then, and for the 4th if July week, they used to be solidly booked. But there are still units available. But then again, I was part of the old point system and I have fixed weeks.

TugFhj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I'm also a points owner. However, Nellevad owns in phase three which are the newest units. I wouldn't want to risk being placed in a substandard unit. So I agree with your concerns about wasting a year's worth of value. RCI did say that the reinstatement process can often take a full year, so I remain hopeful that the unit issues can be resolved.
Just an FYI the phase 3 are the "newest" but still 40 years old! Anybody catch the latest google review, makes it sound like a luxury 4 star resort. No mention of quality/cleanness of rooms, furniture, bedding, appliances, etc..

Meema

TUG Member
Reaction score
More good points. If the Oakes Group aquires units, it would be to their advantage to set rules to protect their investment and for guests to provide good ratings for the property. This is currently still only a dream in our minds though since we have no factual evidence to rely on yet, unfortunately due to the uncomfortable silence from Eagle Village about what we need to know.
Not total silence from EV. Since I refused to pay this years maintenance until I receive better information then that letter saying things would get better in May ( Magic fairy dust?) they have sent my account to a collection agency. I challenged that using the form provided and got a letter from the collection agency saying they are investigating. Good luck to them with getting through to anyone who admits to knowing anything. Any one else set to collections?

slarney77

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Eagle village
I am in collections and I did the same thing as you and I challenged the validity of debt since I am paying for maintenance and there was a lack of it some people say there's just no money for them to do maintenance how is that the responsibility of paying members if Eagle Village does not know what they need to operate I guarantee the people there are always getting paid on time.

Sammy1234

Reaction score
Not total silence from EV. Since I refused to pay this years maintenance until I receive better information then that letter saying things would get better in May ( Magic fairy dust?) they have sent my account to a collection agency. I challenged that using the form provided and got a letter from the collection agency saying they are investigating. Good luck to them with getting through to anyone who admits to knowing anything. Any one else set to collections?
In collections. I have not noticed anything on our credit report and I have checked several times. Even if it did effect your credit and you went to get a loan, you could just write a letter to the bank explaining the situation. If all of your other payments are on time, I think they would overlook it.

I also wanted to mention that I was done trying different places to report them to after a certain individual just posted and in the past posted, I am wasting my time. But then I thought it was not fair to the other people who appreciate any attempts. So I just wanted to report that the township zoning officer that I reported all the things that are in violation of their ordinances, just emailed me yesterday and said, he did an inspection. He did not offer anymore details, but he said, he has been trying to get together with the township attorney and they have had conflicting schedules, but is still going to get together with him when both their schedules allow. When this happens I will report back with what if anything can be done. He wanted me to send him all the online complaints and the pictures. He was also interested in the fact that ev did not respond to the Attorney General's Office. Being that after seeing the pictures and complaints, he went and did an inspection, is a little encouraging, in my opinion.

Saworkman01

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Eagle Village Tamiment
In collections. I have not noticed anything on our credit report and I have checked several times. Even if it did effect your credit and you went to get a loan, you could just write a letter to the bank explaining the situation. If all of your other payments are on time, I think they would overlook it.

I also wanted to mention that I was done trying different places to report them to after a certain individual just posted and in the past posted, I am wasting my time. But then I thought it was not fair to the other people who appreciate any attempts. So I just wanted to report that the township zoning officer that I reported all the things that are in violation of their ordinances, just emailed me yesterday and said, he did an inspection. He did not offer anymore details, but he said, he has been trying to get together with the township attorney and they have had conflicting schedules, but is still going to get together with him when both their schedules allow. When this happens I will report back with what if anything can be done. He wanted me to send him all the online complaints and the pictures. He was also interested in the fact that ev did not respond to the Attorney General's Office. Being that after seeing the pictures and complaints, he went and did an inspection, is a little encouraging, in my opinion.
Thank you for pressing forward! Please keep us updated.

WarHead

Reaction score
In callections, and I sent the request to Blackwell that I shared in an earlier post. Got the standard response saying they will investigate - I am hoepful that since EV is not responsive to us, they won't be to Blackwell, either. But, one thing we know EV DOES care about is getting our money, so....

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have not read all this thread, but I have read the first page and the most recent posts. I am surprised that the state Real Estate Commission is of no help.. But in any serious timeshare situation where the Real Estate Commission is of no help, I suspect the next (and perhaps only) option is to contact a lawyer.

I see that Sammy1234 posted some ways that the government might be responsible for providing the needed legal help at no charge, However, just in case these don't pan out, I have a few other possible ways to get legal advice inexpensively. There used to be some lawyers here on TUG, but I don't know if any are still here. It is also possible to get a "pro bono" (free) lawyer, but they typically focus on helping people who are quite poor. Another option is everyone on TUG who is affected by this situation band together (with any other owners they can contact, perhaps by staying at the resort personally) and chip in for a lawyer. The last and possibly best way I can think of is if any one involved has a insurer, or possibly a credit card, that offers some hours with a lawyer either for free or at a steep discount. I suspect lawyers participate in these plans because they don't have enough customers, and therefore some of them are not particularly good lawyers. However, this is simply a financial matter, so probably any competent lawyer can help. It is not, say a serious criminal matter where it is vital that the defendant have the best possible criminal defense attorney available. And I know that Aflak has, or a least had two years ago, this type of insurance available.

Sammy1234

Reaction score
I found another article where the Pennsylvania Attorney General's office sued a timeshare in Pennsylvania.
I really, really think if everyone (not just one or two people) would call the AG'S Office 800-441-2555 all within the next couple of days, it would open their eyes to the problems that are going on at Eagle Village they will do something just like they have done with a couple of other Pennsylvania timeshares. If they are only going to get a couple of complaints here and there, its not going to have an impact. So, PLEASE tomorrow, everyone call the above number and tell them what is going on.
We have to stop saying what we can do, and finally just do it.
It would be nice if everyone that calls tomorrow, post that you did call so we can see how many people have contacted them.

Screenshot_20240619-162252.png

Sammy1234

Reaction score
June 20, 2024 I just spoke with an agent from the Attorney General's Office and she said, the only way we are going to get something done is by everyone filing complaints. She also mentioned that if an investigation takes place, and there is a class action lawsuit, you would have had to file a complaint to be included in the lawsuit.

So again, everyone PLEASE file a complaint with the Attorney Generals Office. Just Google Pennsylvania Attorney General's Office, you will go to their website and you can file a complaint online. If you wish to call them, their number is 800-441-2555.

194725RR

Reaction score
Just FYI, this is the most recent (June 2024) Trip Advisor review of Eagle Village:

"What a pig sty! I was in unit #1041 it was dirty, carpeting shot. kitchen counter molding was peeling off, etc. There was a large portable ac unit sitting in the living room. The outside had had no lawn care. There was leaf mulching all over the parking lot and in the wet conditions that we arrived in you tracked all this dirt into the unit. I went to the office to complain. They offered to let me move into unit 1034. When I opened the door and looked in there were crumbs all over the kitchen counter and the master bath lights did not work. I'd like to know who is pocketing my HOA/Maintence fee because it is definitely not been used on the premises!

Date of stay: June 2024"

Sammy1234

Reaction score
Please as I mentioned above, please file a complaint with the attorney General's Office. The more complaints the agent told me on Friday, the better chance of them opening an investigation.

natalia

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Manhattan Club
Just FYI, this is the most recent (June 2024) Trip Advisor review of Eagle Village:

"What a pig sty! I was in unit #1041 it was dirty, carpeting shot. kitchen counter molding was peeling off, etc. There was a large portable ac unit sitting in the living room. The outside had had no lawn care. There was leaf mulching all over the parking lot and in the wet conditions that we arrived in you tracked all this dirt into the unit. I went to the office to complain. They offered to let me move into unit 1034. When I opened the door and looked in there were crumbs all over the kitchen counter and the master bath lights did not work. I'd like to know who is pocketing my HOA/Maintence fee because it is definitely not been used on the premises!

Date of stay: June 2024"
I took the time to read all owner/guest reviews on line today from current stays to several years prior.
It is unfortunate that we are at this stage however thankfully there are concerned owners( who might have different opinions/views)that are willing to continue to work on this issue.