• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Suspended Eagle Village Tamiment

slarney77

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Eagle village
Has anyone tried to contact Stephanie Mills in LinkedIn I went on and her profile is blocked I remember seeing someone posting a picture of her LinkedIn profile

TugFhj

TUG Member
Reaction score
So the timeline shows for the past 5+ years conditions have deteriorated, Sept 2023 RCI suspends trading from EV, we do not hear from them until Dec 2023 when they request MF and this Oaks group. Meeting in Feb 2024.
Which states :
The Oakes Group will immediately endeavor to coordinate RCI reinstatement for Eagle Village
Property Owners Association Members and will work on plans for unit renovations, facility
improvements, operations, marketing and more

And now another email and webpage update:
We understand the frustration you may be feeling. The overwhelming need for answers has made it impossible to get back to everyone. We have now dedicated an email that will be monitored daily to help alleviate some of your concerns. Please email eaglevillagepoa17@gmail.com.

We are aware of the trading issue with RCI that some owners may be experiencing. We are working diligently to rectify this situation. This process has taken longer than expected but your Board of Directors always keeping your investment top priority is working vigorously to have Eagle Village POA reinstated with RCI. Please continue to look at this website as updates will be added as they become available. Thank you for your time and continued patience in this matter.

So another email address really? and the same BS. What is the plan and timeline is what is needed. We are approaching 1 year of no trading! Does not seem they are working for the owners.
Yes it is going to take time and money! But lack of informing us is unsatisfactory to say the least.

Does anybody see anything happening to update the resort. Any plans floating around. Again to fix the situation it will involve money and more of it!

slarney77

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Eagle village
So the timeline shows for the past 5+ years conditions have deteriorated, Sept 2023 RCI suspends trading from EV, we do not hear from them until Dec 2023 when they request MF and this Oaks group. Meeting in Feb 2024.
Which states :
The Oakes Group will immediately endeavor to coordinate RCI reinstatement for Eagle Village
Property Owners Association Members and will work on plans for unit renovations, facility

We understand the frustration you may be feeling. The overwhelming need for answers has made it impossible to get back to everyone. We have now dedicated an email that will be monitored daily to help alleviate some of your concerns. Please email eaglevillagepoa17@gmail.com.

We are aware of the trading issue with RCI that some owners may be experiencing. We are working diligently to rectify this situation. This process has taken longer than expected but your Board of Directors always keeping your investment top priority is working vigorously to have Eagle Village POA reinstated with RCI. Please continue to look at this website as updates will be added as they become available. Thank you for your time and continued patience in this matter.

So another email address really? and the same BS. What is the plan and timeline is what is needed. We are approaching 1 year of no trading! Does not seem they are working for the owners.
Yes it is going to take time and money! But lack of informing us is unsatisfactory to say the least.

Does anybody see anything happening to update the resort. Any plans floating around. Again to fix the situation it will involve money and more of it!
The only thing ev appears to be protecting is their jobs,the email was a snow job

194725RR

Reaction score
Which states :

Good points. If they have turned surrendered units into year round housing, we really don't know Eagle Village's accurate income. Are we paying the salaries and expenses for the timeshare portion of the properties or all of the units? Is the year round income being reported on the annual budget to timeshare owners? Why aren't they disclosing specifically what "working vigorously" specifically means? The lack of transparency continues to be concerning.

Sammy1234

Reaction score
Which states :

So, the first question we should ask them is, please let us know exactly what you are working on diligently to rectify the situation. Please show us the budget and where the money is coming from to rectify the situation. Please post pictures weekly on the website of the improvements that are being made. What exactly are you doing to get reinstated with RCI. Please give us a timeline of when you expect to be reinstated with RCI.

Saworkman01

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Eagle Village Tamiment
The update was nothing more than more stringing us along while they collect a paycheck. I am more convinced than ever we need to work on forcing a vote to shutdown the operation and sell off the property. I was at that February meeting and there was supposed to be real progress by May. Instead we got a random email address with no indication of WHO is actually monitoring it. It's just more unprofessional management. Thank you to everyone posting and brainstorming ideas. Regarding the AG's office we have them dead to rights for failing to call and hold open meetings. I'm sure there was supposed to be a Board Election Meeting as well. Each time our Board meets with John Oakes or for any other reason to discuss our business there must be notice sent with the agenda and owners are allowed to observe the meeting. Closed meetings can be called for certain sensitive matters but still notice and an agenda must be sent. We are supposed to know what is happening even when all the details can't be shared. We've not even been provided account balances with a proper budget. We need the owner list and a vote to close.

194725RR

Reaction score
The update was nothing more than more stringing us along while they collect a paycheck. I am more convinced than ever we need to work on forcing a vote to shutdown the operation and sell off the property. I was at that February meeting and there was supposed to be real progress by May. Instead we got a random email address with no indication of WHO is actually monitoring it. It's just more unprofessional management. Thank you to everyone posting and brainstorming ideas. Regarding the AG's office we have them dead to rights for failing to call and hold open meetings. I'm sure there was supposed to be a Board Election Meeting as well. Each time our Board meets with John Oakes or for any other reason to discuss our business there must be notice sent with the agenda and owners are allowed to observe the meeting. Closed meetings can be called for certain sensitive matters but still notice and an agenda must be sent. We are supposed to know what is happening even when all the details can't be shared. We've not even been provided account balances with a proper budget. We need the owner list and a vote to close.
Thank you for this information and great points. Yesterday, I submitted a series of questions to the provided email address with the help of some of the questions posed in this thread. It seems likely a lot of us posed questions to the email address they provided on their news web page. They stated they previously had an overwhelming number of emails that they couldn't get back to, but will provide more attention to this new email address. They wouldn't have so many questions if the news web page or owners received email updates to information that owners need to protect our interests.

I trust that many of us owners requested the current owners list in an email. I also trust that if any of us receive a response to any of our information requests, the receipt of the information will be shared in this thread as ethically possible. However, if any of us receive private information of current owners, we need to develop a way to maintain privacy of that information to the public for safety reasons.

We have said before, if they had made some progress it is highly likely they would have informed us. Their track record of keeping us informed does not appear to be very good.

I've actually considered searching for satellite images of the Eagle Village site to see if any change has occurred over time, but we have intelligence from at least one of our members that has toured the site regularly and has seen no changes. Personally, I would like to see RCI be reinstated so that we could all enjoy what we had signed up and paid for. I'm willing to give it a few more weeks, since May was mentioned as a benchmark timeframe at the annual meeting, but beyond that I think we need to make some proactive moves to limit our losses either individually or collectively. Attempting to aquire an owners list is already being worked on by some owners. There are also a number of viable actionable options stated in this thread so far, however less desirable and costly.

For the time being let's just keep checking in with each other with any new information, ideas, thoughts, actions, or decisions. Hopefully, this will work out for the best of all concerned one way or the other.

Last edited:

Sammy1234

Reaction score
Thank you for this information and great points. Yesterday, I submitted a series of questions to the provided email address with the help of some of the questions posed in this thread. It seems likely a lot of us posed questions to the email address they provided on their news web page. They stated they previously had an overwhelming number of emails that they couldn't get back to, but will provide more attention to this new email address. They wouldn't have so many questions if the news web page or owners received email updates to information that owners need to protect our interests.

I trust that many of us owners requested the current owners list in an email. I also trust that if any of us receive a response to any of our information requests, the receipt of the information will be shared in this thread as ethically possible. However, if any of us receive private information of current owners, we need to develop a way to maintain privacy of that information to the public for safety reasons.

We have said before, if they had made some progress it is highly likely they would have informed us. Their track record of keeping us informed does not appear to be very good.

I've actually considered searching for satellite images of the Eagle Village site to see if any change has occurred over time, but we have intelligence from at least one of our members that has toured the site regularly and has seen no changes. Personally, I would like to see RCI be reinstated so that we could all enjoy what we had signed up and paid for. I'm willing to give it a few more weeks, since May was mentioned as a benchmark timeframe at the annual meeting, but beyond that I think we need to make some proactive moves to limit our losses either individually or collectively. Attempting to aquire an owners list is already being worked on by some owners. There are also a number of viable actionable options stated in this thread so far, however less desirable and costly.

For the time being let's just keep checking in with each other with any new information, ideas, thoughts, actions, or decisions. Hopefully, this will work out for the best of all concerned one way or the other.
Thank you for this post there is good info. I emailed them yesterday with some questions, but have not received a response. Kind of funny, one minute there are using lack of members as to why they can't keep up maintenance, but in the next breath, use they are getting so many emails as the reason why they can't keep up with answering the emails.

Something I thought of is that they said that John Oakes is helping to get some improvements. When I briefly spoke with an employee of the township they are in, they mentioned that they heard that John Oakes might be fixing it up so that when he has his venues, he can use the units for people that went to the venue to stay in. If this is true, would his venue attendees get first chance at getting a unit and second and I hope I am not offending anyone that likes heavy metal bands, but his venues are mostly heavy metal bands. Will this mean when he has venues will the people that come after the concert be up parting til early in the morning? Again, this is just what someone told me they heard, it is not something that is a for sure thing, but something I thought I should mention.

194725RR

Reaction score
Thank you for this post there is good info. I emailed them yesterday with some questions, but have not received a response. Kind of funny, one minute there are using lack of members as to why they can't keep up maintenance, but in the next breath, use they are getting so many emails as the reason why they can't keep up with answering the emails.

Something I thought of is that they said that John Oakes is helping to get some improvements. When I briefly spoke with an employee of the township they are in, they mentioned that they heard that John Oakes might be fixing it up so that when he has his venues, he can use the units for people that went to the venue to stay in. If this is true, would his venue attendees get first chance at getting a unit and second and I hope I am not offending anyone that likes heavy metal bands, but his venues are mostly heavy metal bands. Will this mean when he has venues will the people that come after the concert be up parting til early in the morning? Again, this is just what someone told me they heard, it is not something that is a for sure thing, but something I thought I should mention.
More good points. If the Oakes Group aquires units, it would be to their advantage to set rules to protect their investment and for guests to provide good ratings for the property. This is currently still only a dream in our minds though since we have no factual evidence to rely on yet, unfortunately due to the uncomfortable silence from Eagle Village about what we need to know.

nellevad

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have not received any emails from EV, but I am not an RCI member. It seems flooding emails and forcing communications has worked. I plan on using my unit which starts July 5th. I will make actual contact with them.

nellevad

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I called to verify I would be using my week, they said my unit might be taken out of service for maintenance, but I would be assigned another one.

194725RR

Reaction score
When I called to verify I would be using my week, they said my unit might be taken out of service for maintenance, but I would be assigned another one.
That sounds promising! Thanks for letting us know.

194725RR

Reaction score
I have not received any emails from EV, but I am not an RCI member. It seems flooding emails and forcing communications has worked. I plan on using my unit which starts July 5th. I will make actual contact with them.
That will be great. Looking forward to hearing any updates. If you get a chance to walk around and ask about renovations or maintenance repairs that have been done or are in the works, it could be pivotal information for us as we try to figure out what to do. Hopefully, your stay will be enjoyable.

Sammy1234

Reaction score
Day two and still have not received a reply to my email. If we ever do decide to do anything legal, this l no reply to email inquiries, will show that they did not do want they said they would do regarding giving us an email to answer questions.

194725RR

Reaction score
Day two and still have not received a reply to my email. If we ever do decide to do anything legal, this l no reply to email inquiries, will show that they did not do want they said they would do regarding giving us an email to answer questions.
No reply to my email either so far.

natalia

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Manhattan Club
I sent a second request email to the address ev provided recently and still no reply. Has anyone emailed them and received a response?
No reply either but I am not surprised.
Phone calls,emails,etc for me are never acknowledged.

Sammy1234

Reaction score
It's just that they just sent out something saying that they understand our frustration and that we deserve answers and gave this email address to direct all question to, but yet they do not answer them. This just makes you think that announcement was just for show and that nothing has changed. Somehow something has to be done, we just have to come up with something.

194725RR

Reaction score
Good points. Regarding comment number 460, we are likely to get some firsthand owner updates from the site. It's only a few days away. Current first-hand accounts will be helpful in our data collection and could be helpful in informing our next decisions.

Sammy1234

Reaction score
I also just found this on Pennsylvania Timeshare Cancellation Laws:
Says in part -non disturbance clause: any changes to the timeshare property that would substantially impair the buyers intended use and enjoyment. Amenities and services promised.

Services promised were maintenance and upkeep which are not being done which in turn impairs our intended use and enjoyment.

Going to call the Pennsylvania Real Estate Commission which regulates timeshares in Pennsylvania and see if they can be of any help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240602-212729.png
    Screenshot_20240602-212729.png
    117.9 KB · Views: 19

WarHead

Reaction score
I also just found this on Pennsylvania Timeshare Cancellation Laws:
Says in part -non disturbance clause: any changes to the timeshare property that would substantially impair the buyers intended use and enjoyment. Amenities and services promised.

Services promised were maintenance and upkeep which are not being done which in turn impairs our intended use and enjoyment.

Going to call the Pennsylvania Real Estate Commission which regulates timeshares in Pennsylvania and see if they can be of any help.
This seems like the most promising angle yet (for those of us that wish to get out without damage to our credit). RCI suspension, non maintenance, for sure. And as far as services go - how about returning our emails and phone calls...!?

But I think loss of the Tamiment facilities (including pool, right?) was the biggest one and easiest to prove. It might help to build out a list - does anyone have a brochure or anything similar from 10-15 years ago that listed out the amenities?

slarney77

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Eagle village
I recently called the Pennsylvania Real Estate Commission they transferred me to the compliance office after explaining it was about a timeshare and they asked it was if it was through a real estate office I said no it's a resort they said to me there was nothing they could do they do not handle Resorts or timeshares so if anybody wonders why Eagle Village could get away with this it is because nobody wants to deal with timeshares the Attorney General passes the buck,The Local Government passes the buck, the question is where to go from here since all Outlets of some form of Code Enforcement has told me when I've called they don't handle this so what are the options to just stop paying and force the issue so if you get taken to court you can present that it seems they just collect paychecks I tried to contact Stephanie Mills through Linkedin and her account is locked where if you are not a colleague or on her list of hers you cannot contact her I feel the best course of action would be for everyone to stop paying maintenance force the issue

194725RR

Reaction score
I recently called the Pennsylvania Real Estate Commission they transferred me to the compliance office after explaining it was about a timeshare and they asked it was if it was through a real estate office I said no it's a resort they said to me there was nothing they could do they do not handle Resorts or timeshares so if anybody wonders why Eagle Village could get away with this it is because nobody wants to deal with timeshares the Attorney General passes the buck,The Local Government passes the buck, the question is where to go from here since all Outlets of some form of Code Enforcement has told me when I've called they don't handle this so what are the options to just stop paying and force the issue so if you get taken to court you can present that it seems they just collect paychecks I tried to contact Stephanie Mills through Linkedin and her account is locked where if you are not a colleague or on her list of hers you cannot contact her I feel the best course of action would be for everyone to stop paying maintenance force the issue
Thank you for this information. If we find that units are being repaired and fixed, even if they are being brought back to their original design with everything in working order, we might get reinstated wilth RCI. This will be useful information whichever decision we want to make regarding maintaining or releasing our ownership.

Last edited:

Sammy1234

Reaction score
Thank you for this information. If we find that units are being repaired and fixed, even if they are being brought back to their original design with everything in working order, we might get reinstated wilth RCI. This will be useful information whichever decision we want to make regarding maintaining or releasing our ownership.
That is disappointing about the Real Estate Commission. When I googled who oversees timeshare in Pennsylvania, it said, The Real Estate Commission. I didn't get a chance to call today, but I will tomorrow. I figured it won't hurt to ask again. Sometimes you just get someone who thinks they know, but that's not always the case. So again, I will call tomorrow.
I think your comment about everyone should stop paying maintenance fees, is a good idea.
I think the only option we might have left, is some legal action. I just don't know how we can begin doing tbat.