• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Suspended Eagle Village Tamiment

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Eagle Village- from 1980!
Please as I mentioned above, please file a complaint with the attorney General's Office. The more complaints the agent told me on Friday, the better chance of them opening an investigation.
Sammy- Could you give me an idea of what to write on the Complaint? I would like to hit all the 'low points' and want it to be similar to yours...

Sammy1234

Reaction score
Thank you for submitting a complaint! As I mentioned before the AG office agent told me the more complaint they get, the better chance there is of a case being opened. If they do a class action lawsuit, you would have had to have filed a complaint in order to be part of the lawsuit

Sammy1234

Reaction score
Sammy- Could you give me an idea of what to write on the Complaint? I would like to hit all the 'low points' and want it to be similar to yours...
I mentioned the health hazards, mold, mice droppings, dirty sheets, units not being cleaned between tenants. Then safety issues, doors not being able to be locked, rotting steps, no heat, no air conditioning.
The fact that RCI suspended them and now we can't trade our points. The only option we have is to stay at Eagle Village aka The Bates Hotel. Which with all the above mentioned conditions, we do not want to stay there.
Plus the property manager is not answering emails which she gave us an email just for the reason of asking questions, and no one that has emailed her, has received a response.

kevlev

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts Ocean Pointe and Grand Vista + points
FYI, I was able to get through to EV yesterday. Talked to Nia. My week starts mid-July but I've been holding off on paying my '24 MF. She said that it could be paid before I check-in that Friday. Of course, I'll want to see the unit before I hand over the $. She also said that the place is close to full...Guess we'll see!

natalia

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Manhattan Club
FYI, I was able to get through to EV yesterday. Talked to Nia. My week starts mid-July but I've been holding off on paying my '24 MF. She said that it could be paid before I check-in that Friday. Of course, I'll want to see the unit before I hand over the $. She also said that the place is close to full...Guess we'll see!
Eagle Village is always busy/booked during the summer months when school is not in session. Many families and/or groups reserve for the weekends or the week with children.
Enjoy your vacation!

nellevad

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll be there next week.

natalia

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Manhattan Club
I like your idea of observing your unit before paying the maintenance fee.

194725RR

Reaction score
Since the website is down, here is a map of the site if anyone needs it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-03 at 3.24.52 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-03 at 3.24.52 PM.png
    969.5 KB · Views: 24

194725RR

Reaction score
Just checked and it says site cannot be reached. I wonder if this means anything?
A few of us stated that the website had not been updated in many years in our list of complaints to the PA Attorney General. Maybe they are updating it or maybe then stopped paying the fees for the site or maybe they were notified from the AG that the site was misleading due to existing maintenance issues. It's another wait and see situation.

nellevad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, I am here, and yes, it is dilapidated. That is the correct word. In just 3 years since my last visit, my unit shows much more wear. I will speak to Stephanie on Monday. Nia in the office said the paperwork was signed last week. They are going to go through with it. But nobody has the details-that they can share for certain. I asked about the website, and she said they just found that it was down when someone called about it. According to Nia, they are afraid to post too much information because they are afraid of too many questions. Well, on Monday I will talk to Stephanie about how we feel any information on a continual basis is better than none. I took pictures for 1053 and 1061. They are the same as mine. See following posts.

nellevad

TUG Member
Reaction score
UNIT 1053

Attachments

• 20240705_153426.jpg
    20240705_153426.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 20240705_153438.jpg
    20240705_153438.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 20240705_153445.jpg
    20240705_153445.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 20240705_153500.jpg
    20240705_153500.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 44

194725RR

Reaction score
Well, I am here, and yes, it is dilapidated. That is the correct word. In just 3 years since my last visit, my unit shows much more wear. I will speak to Stephanie on Monday. Nia in the office said the paperwork was signed last week. They are going to go through with it. But nobody has the details-that they can share for certain. I asked about the website, and she said they just found that it was down when someone called about it. According to Nia, they are afraid to post too much information because they are afraid of too many questions. Well, on Monday I will talk to Stephanie about how we feel any information on a continual basis is better than none. I took pictures for 1053 and 1061. They are the same as mine. See following posts.
"They are going to go through with it." Can you define "it"? Does this mean closing and selling the property or renovating it or something else?