• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas, Sunrise Ridge, Wyndham
My husband and I are at Emerald grande and purchased 90k for 17,900. We are resale owners because someone game me a deed and I purchased a deed off ebay to add to it. We did the PIC program with 2 1bd that I had they sold us on the idea of being VIP. Plus, we really like the idea of having the World Pass and Plus partners but I feel like we over paid for the points. Should we rescind? We have 10 days.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
My husband and I are at Emerald grande and purchased 90k for 17,900. We are resale owners because someone game me a deed and I purchased a deed off ebay to add to it. We did the PIC program with 2 1bd that I had they sold us on the idea of being VIP. Plus, we really like the idea of having the World Pass and Plus partners but I feel like we over paid for the points. Should we rescind? We have 10 days.

So, how many total points do you have now and what VIP level did you attain? Are any of them bonus points that will expire in the next year or two, and possibly drop you back below VIP? Are the points you just bought Club Wyndham Access or deeded points at Emerald Grande? You’re probably going to get a lot of responses to rescind but giving us some more details will help us know what level of VIP you will be and if it might be worth $17,900 depending on how much you can use your VIP benefits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So, how many total points do you have now and what VIP level did you attain? Are any of them bonus points that will expire in the next year or two, and possibly drop you back below VIP? Are the points you just bought Club Wyndham Access or deeded points at Emerald Grande? You’re probably going to get a lot of responses to rescind but giving us some more details will help us know what level of VIP you will be and if it might be worth $17,900 depending on how much you can use your VIP benefits.

We have 300K: 105,00 K for each PIC plus the 90K so it puts us at the new Advantage level VIP. We were told the PIC weeks are good for 5 years and them we have to renew them to keep VIP status. Additionally we have 308 K points resale. Of course they don't count towards VIP but we were told we can use the VIP benefits using those points now because of the developer contract.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have 300K: 105,00 K for each PIC plus the 90K so it puts us at the new Advantage level VIP. We were told the PIC weeks are good for 5 years and them we have to renew them to keep VIP status. Additionally we have 308 K points resale. Of course they don't count towards VIP but we were told we can use the VIP benefits using those points now because of the developer contract.

So, you’re basically paying $17,900 to get a 15% (maybe?) discount when booking in the discount window which will most likely be 30-45 days. Currently the Silver VIP discount is 25% within the 60 day window, so Emerald will probably be less. That is probably your biggest perk and that isn’t much. The automatic upgrades are hard to come by for me at Silver level and Plus Partners pretty useless for me. I use very few of those businesses and when I do, the AARP discount is as good or better. IMHO, and not knowing any more about the new Emerald VIP level than we currently do, I would rescind. Do some more homework and wait until the new benefits are actually announced. You can always purchase later if you decide VIP is worth it to you. There really is no way of knowing that until you know for sure what the new benefits will be.

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Isn't current Silver level 400,000 points to 700,000 of Developer points. They may not have any VIP level at all and future changes are still speculative.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

If in doubt then RESCIND now. You can always go back again at a later date at anytime, however the right to rescind lasts only so long.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
They have confused you about PIC Express and PIC Plus.
PIC Express is only valid for 5 years. PIC PLUS is better, it's permanent as long as those weeks can be deposited into RCI.
You're only allowed a maximum of 2 PIC weeks. so, why PIC 105,000 points when you can PIC 254,000 points.
You can buy TWO 3-BR Prime weeks PIC on eBay very cheap. Each worth 254,000 points each.

My suggestion:

1. Rescind immediately. Reason: Want to get the PIC PLUS instead of PIC Express.
2. Acquire PIC PLUS weeks on eBay.
3. You can buy 98k CWS deed with low MF + 98k Bonus points much cheaper from telesales ( TUGgers say it's around $143, so around $14,000) and add PIC PLUS the weeks bought on eBAY.
4. With a total for 508 + 98 + 98 = 704k points you will be temporary Gold for 2 years.
5. If you buy 192K instead of 98K (around $28,000), you will be permanent Gold and be grandfathered into the corresponding Privileges Level.

Good luck!

Here's the relevant Glossary from the Directory.

Personal Interval Choice (PIC) Express – provides eligible CLUB WYNDHAM Plus members the opportunity to enroll non-Wyndham Qualified Week(s) toward their CLUB WYNDHAM Plus VIP status for 5 years. Refer to page 293.

Personal Interval Choice (PIC) Plus - allows eligible CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Members to enroll non-Wyndham Qualified Week(s) affiliated with RCI in exchange for CLUB WYNDHAM Plus points. Refer to pages 292-293.

Last edited:

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
@angelpooh1173, If you're new to the directory, it can be a pain to browse through it. Here are the relevant pages!

PIC Program

As a CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus Member enrolled in the Personal Interval Choice (PIC) program, you are able to leverage your non-
Wyndham timeshare interests to your advantage with CLUB WYNDHAM®. Take the route to more vacation time with PIC Plus,
or the fast track to VIP status with PIC Express.
Personal Interval Choice
(PIC) Plus Program

Personal Interval Choice (PIC) Plus provides you the
opportunity to enroll qualified non-Wyndham timeshare
weeks affiliated with RCI® and make them a part of the
CLUB WYNDHAM Plus program. You may enroll a maximum
of 2 weeks in the PIC Plus program. More information
about enrollment is available by visiting a Member Services
representative at your nearest CLUB WYNDHAM resort.
Once you enroll your non-Wyndham week in PIC Plus, your
week will be allocated a point value based on the unit size.
Please refer to the PIC Plus Allocations chart below. The
point value of your enrolled week(s) counts toward CLUB
WYNDHAM Plus VIP eligibility.
PIC Plus Allocations
UNIT SIZE POINT VALUE/POINTS CREDITED TOWARD VIP
Studio 70,000
1 Bedroom 105,000
2 Bedroom 154,000
3 Bedroom or more 254,000
PIC Plus exchange fee is $89.
Each year you can choose how you would like to use your PIC
Plus week(s):
• Vacation at your non-CLUB WYNDHAM “home” resort
• Exchange it with RCI
• Exchange it for CLUB WYNDHAM Plus points
Important Information
• You must be current in both your assessment fees
and your yearly maintenance fees in order to request
an exchange.
• An $89 exchange fee is required to complete the
PIC Plus exchange.
• You must call RCI at least 9 months prior to the
scheduled start date of your week and make an exchange
request. Once accepted RCI will send you a Deposit
Acknowledgment card. You may also request RCI’s auto
deposit option and sign the appropriate documents to
get enrolled for annual renewal.
• Once you receive the Deposit Acknowledgment card from
RCI, call your Vacation Planning Center at 800-251-8736 to
complete the exchange. You will select whether you want to
receive the points in the current Use Year or the following
Use Year, and the appropriate amount of points will be
deposited into your CLUB WYNDHAM Plus account. These
points will expire at the end of the selected Use Year.

• Once points are deposited into your account, the number of points and benefits you have available for CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Standard and Express Reservations, Worldwide External Exchange, PlusPartners, Charitable Gift and WYNDHAM Club Pass will be increased by the amount of points associated with your PIC Plus contract for the Use Year chosen.
• In order to maintain the accuracy of your account, your non-Wyndham weeks enrolled in PIC Plus will be subject to an annual verification process. If your week no longer meets the eligibility requirements for enrollment, it will be removed from the PIC Plus program.
• PIC Plus contracts are nontransferable.

Eligibility Requirements: Membership in the PIC Plus Program is available with a new vacation ownership purchase from Wyndham Vacation Resorts or to CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Members who pay the PIC Plus Membership Enrollment Fee. In order to be eligible, non-Wyndham week(s) must be: (1) affiliated with RCI and (2) not currently participating in a points-based program, including RCI Points. Members will be responsible for maintenance fees on their non-Wyndham week(s).

Personal Interval Choice
(PIC) Express

Personal Interval Choice (PIC) Express provides you the op-portunity to enroll non-Wyndham Qualified Week(s) toward your CLUB WYNDHAM Plus VIP status level for 5 years. This is your opportunity to achieve CLUB WYNDHAM Plus VIP status and enhance your ownership experience. More information about enrollment is available by visiting Member Services at your nearest CLUB WYNDHAM resort.
Important Information
• Based on the value of the qualified week(s), as determined by Wyndham Vacation Resorts, you will be eligible to receive VIP benefits associated with the amount of points owned.
• The value of the allocated points will only count toward your VIP status.
• You may enroll a maximum of 2 qualified weeks in the PIC Express program.
• In order to maintain the accuracy of your account,
your Qualified Weeks enrolled in PIC Express may be subject to an annual verification process. If your week
no longer meets the eligibility requirements for enrollment, it will be removed from the PIC Express program and your membership in the PIC Express program will be terminated.
• Membership in the PIC Express program expires after
5 years. Upon expiration or termination, you will no longer receive the VIP benefits provided through this program and the VIP status level will be removed from your account.
• PIC Express contracts are nontransferable.

Eligibility Requirements: The PIC Express Program is offered by Wyndham Vacation Resorts to persons making a new CLUB WYNDHAM Plus purchase and who own a “Qualified Week” which consists of either a qualified non-Wyndham timeshare interval week consisting of fixed or float week intervals or a qualified non-Wyndham timeshare interest consisting of points. Membership in the PIC Express program is valid for 5 consecutive years. Members must enroll using a separate enrollment form. Membership is subject to an annual fee of $0.58 per 1,000 points enrolled per year. Program terms are subject to change. Additional terms and conditions apply.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Yes. Rescind. I got 451k for $5. Let me know if you need instructions.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You can get telesales for $134/1k pts. That’s $12k. Additionally, you can pick up cheap, resale Ts with cheap Mf. I got 154k and 105k Grand Desert for $2 total. With MF at $5.3/1k compared to CWA at $6.6/1k, I essentially get a discount.

Last edited:

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Isn't current Silver level 400,000 points to 700,000 of Developer points. They may not have any VIP level at all and future changes are still speculative.

The latest update on Privileges shows Emerald at the 300k level. But, yes, you’re correct. Nothing is set in stone yet.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can get telesales for $134/1k pts. That’s $13k. Additionally, you can pick up cheap, resale Ts with cheap Mf. I got 154k and 105k Grand Desert for $2 total. With MF at $5.3/1k compared to CWA at $6.6/1k, I essentially get a discount.
Rescind now. Why be chum bait for the sales weasels when you can buy for $70/1000 less through telesales or just rent from a VIP for less in the 60 day discount window.

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unless you really need or want VIP Why buy more developer points when you can rent for less without the commitment of paying maintenance fees. Wyndham math can make you believe buying more points is good for you but very seldom is it good for you at the 17k. Resale deeds can be found for $100 or less.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
From your likes of our posts recommending that you rescind, it seems you rescinded. Congrats on making that decision and saving thousands.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
From your likes of our posts recommending that you rescind, it seems you rescinded. Congrats on making that decision and saving thousands.

We're sending the letter certified mail today. We were offered a PIC Plus package at Edisto and I dosnt realise how different the plus and the Express are. Plus I told my husband I remember the package in Edisto being much cheaper but he was in the moment. Since we want VIP benefits I think we're going to pick up the 2 3 bedrooms and buy enough points to come in as Gold. Thank you everyone for the advice!

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham offered the PIC plus? I thought you already owned the weeks. It's really bad that they would offer you 105,000 PIC Express when there was a 254,000 PIC Plus was available! I would like to know more about the details of what was offered and by whom. Thank you.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham offered the PIC plus? I thought you already owned the weeks. It's really bad that they would offer you 105,000 PIC Express when there was a 254,000 PIC Plus was available! I would like to know more about the details of what was offered and by whom. Thank you.

Let me clarify. We're currently at Emerald Grande and was offered 105 K per PIC in the PIC express and 90K. At our last owners update in Edisto about 6 months ago we were offered a PIC plus for the same 2 properties and enough points to be temporary silver VIP. If my memory serves me right the package was a lot less than the one we purchased at Emerald Grande. When they made the offer at Emerald Grande this time i didn't realize that the programs were different. Instead of enrolling my current 2 traditional weeks (1 of which im trying to give away anyway) I'm going to take your advice and find 2 3 bedrooms and enroll those in a PIC Plus and buy the points to come in at Gold from telesales.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Let me clarify. We're currently at Emerald Grande and was offered 105 K per PIC in the PIC express and 90K. At our last owners update in Edisto about 6 months ago we were offered a PIC plus for the same 2 properties and enough points to be temporary silver VIP. If my memory serves me right the package was a lot less than the one we purchased at Emerald Grande. When they made the offer at Emerald Grande this time i didn't realize that the programs were different. Instead of enrolling my current 2 traditional weeks (1 of which im trying to give away anyway) I'm going to take your advice and find 2 3 bedrooms and enroll those in a PIC Plus and buy the points to come in at Gold from telesales.

I get you. You do own the 1BR weeks. But the SalesLiar at Edisto falsely claimed it qualifies for PIC Plus. But at Emerald Grande where you actually signed a deal, it was registered as PIC Express because that's all it really qualified for. Such deception makes your case for Rescission stronger!

I lucked out in July 2018 being able to buy 2 prime weeks from a gentleman on eBay who was getting rid of his weeks and was very knowledgeable about the subject. I got 2 prime weeks with a Max trading power of 25 and 19. He didn't even charge me the $1 dollar!:)

The only mistake I made was not adding my sons to the deeds for those weeks. It would have saved me the hassle of adding them now. Apparently, the PIC weeks are NOT TRANSFERRABLE. I don't know what that means and it has been used by SalesWeasels to poo-poo my PIC weeks saying my sons won't get them. I should really go to 'REAL' Platinum without PIC weeks so I can pass on Platnim to our sons.

I don't really like the eBay listing I posted earlier. MF was high and the seller seems like a professional operation. I will keep looking. Look for Resorts in Colorado and elsewhere for prime weeks with low MF.

Good luck!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@angelpooh1173

Here is one from eBay. It says it's RCI so it should qualify for PIC. But you should check with Wyndham to make sure. Due diligence, as always!

Annual Maintenance of $1080 is a bit high though. I only pay $700 for mine in Colorado.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-ISLAN...494959?hash=item2adb935f6f:g:SzMAAOSwhY1d5o7L

For the PIC Plus program does the point value for a 3 bedroom varie based on season? I found a sweet deal for a 3 bedroom in Myrtle Beach but it's week 48. The maintenance is $750 and they're essential paying someone to take it. I purchased my 1 bedroom from this company so I know they're legitimate.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/113989363818

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Please note that you have to look for RCI qualifying WEEKS and not Points. It was very easy to locate them in 2018. Now PIC WEEKS doesn't return anything.

'Timeshare weeks for sale' sorted by Price+Shipping returns a whole bunch. Happy hunting!:)

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Please note that you have to look for RCI qualifying WEEKS and not Points. It was very easy to locate them in 2018. Now PIC WEEKS doesn't return anything.

'Timeshare weeks for sale' sorted by Price+Shipping returns a whole bunch. Happy hunting!:)

Unless I missed something the SC unit looks like a traditional week. I see it listed as a resort on RCI but I'll make sure it's RCI eligible. We have RCI weeks currently so I'll call and verify.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes the SC unit looks good with low MF. There are some which even pay your 2020 MF while 2020 usage is available to you.

upload_2019-12-19_10-55-28.png

upload_2019-12-19_10-58-13.png

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes the SC unit looks good with low MF. There are some which even pay your 2020 MF while 2020 usage is available to you.

View attachment 15616

View attachment 15617

Thank you! That Even year in brandon is interesting. From what I understand it doesn't matter if your PIC is biennial since the points are for getting to VIP status. Is that correct?