• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
Thank you! That Even year in brandon is interesting. From what I understand it doesn't matter if your PIC is biennial since the points are for getting to VIP status. Is that correct?
I would be careful doing a Biennial week purchase for PIC. There's a check box on the PIC application for usage cycle. If you check the biennial box, you may only get 50% of the points being counted toward VIP. If you don't check the box, you could have your status changed after an audit, unless of course, you buy more points.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Unless I missed something the SC unit looks like a traditional week. I see it listed as a resort on RCI but I'll make sure it's RCI eligible. We have RCI weeks currently so I'll call and verify.
Had never heard of this resort, so I looked it up in RCI. Reviews were good. Decent location. Bad week, but, if it's PIC'able, who cares.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
With a biennial, you will be getting your RCI weeks every other year and therefore 254000 points every other year. Will they count 254000 towards your VIP status or just half it? Half seems reasonable and logical!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas, Sunrise Ridge, Wyndham
With a biennial, you will be getting your RCI weeks every other year and therefore 254000 points every other year. Will they count 254000 towards your VIP status or just half it? Half seems reasonable and logical!

One of the 1 bedrooms I used this go round is biennial odd and allegedly for VIP purposes it counts for the full amount. I also noticed yesterday when drafting the letter to rescind that he still put annual usage even though I told him multiple times it was biennial so he may have been lying.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
he may have been lying.
That's what Wyndham Sales people do. Work with Telesales after you get your PIC'able 3brs. Price will be better and the calls will be recorded, so all is on the up and up.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
One of the 1 bedrooms I used this go round is biennial odd and allegedly for VIP purposes it counts for the full amount. I also noticed yesterday when drafting the letter to rescind that he still put annual usage even though I told him multiple times it was biennial so he may have been lying.

He didn't know or didn't care. He wanted to close the deal. Clerical errors are somebody else's problem to catch. He won't pay a price, you will! But he will be long gone!;)