• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Elite Night Credit on Vistana Stays

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I had a StarOptions stay at the Westin Resort and Spa Cancun (not Lagunamar), did not have any charges at the resort, zero bill at checkout, but they still charged my credit card $0.01. Nights credited automatically.

Then stayed at Lagunamar on my owner's week, no charges, nights did not credit. Bonvoy number attached and reservation was showing up in my Bonvoy account before and during stay.

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Everyone should email Vistana about this situation. Poor customer service on their part.

islandguy

Reaction score
I had a StarOptions stay at the Westin Resort and Spa Cancun (not Lagunamar), did not have any charges at the resort, zero bill at checkout, but they still charged my credit card $0.01. Nights credited automatically.

Then stayed at Lagunamar on my owner's week, no charges, nights did not credit. Bonvoy number attached and reservation was showing up in my Bonvoy account before and during stay.
Still fighting for 17 night stay at Lagunamar. Very fustrating with multipul emails.

HankW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SVV, WLR
Still fighting for 17 night stay at Lagunamar. Very fustrating with multipul emails.
During my last owners' review, I was asked what was my main concern? I said: Legit stay nights not being properly credited. I wrote it on the feedback form. If we all do it in our owners' feedbacks we may get some movement.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
My December Westin Lagunamar stay FINALLY got credited, after a lengthy battle. This qualified me for Titanium Elite in 2020. What's sad was that this missing stay was credited AFTER the Bonvoy Titanium Annual Choice Benefit date so I will not be receiving a choice. I called Bonvoy numberious times, including a supervisor at Elite Services and was met with "nothing we can do." It's sad Bonvoy could not deliver upon this benefit. They stated that they can not allow a guest to make an election after the Jan 8th deadline, even though it was the missing stay issue that caused this. #Bonvoyed

HankW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SVV, WLR
My December Westin Lagunamar stay FINALLY got credited, after a lengthy battle. This qualified me for Titanium Elite in 2020. What's sad was that this missing stay was credited AFTER the Bonvoy Titanium Annual Choice Benefit date so I will not be receiving a choice. I called Bonvoy numberious times, including a supervisor at Elite Services and was met with "nothing we can do." It's sad Bonvoy could not deliver upon this benefit. They stated that they can not allow a guest to make an election after the Jan 8th deadline, even though it was the missing stay issue that caused this. #Bonvoyed
At least you are good until Feb, 2022.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
At least you are good until Feb, 2022.

I am for the Titanium status, yes, but I was hoping to elect the free night that comes with the election at 75 nights. Nope. I’m not going to get to elect any Annual Choice Benefit because of the missing stay issues resulting in it posting after Jan 8th. I even tried to get the missing stay to post early knowing there was going to be a fight. Nope on that too. The elite services supervisor stated they can’t go back and fix that.

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
I am for the Titanium status, yes, but I was hoping to elect the free night that comes with the election at 75 nights. Nope. I’m not going to get to elect any Annual Choice Benefit because of the missing stay issues resulting in it posting after Jan 8th. I even tried to get the missing stay to post early knowing there was going to be a fight. Nope on that too. The elite services supervisor stated they can’t go back and fix that.
I'm in the same boat as you. Bonvoy never credited our 2 weeks at our villas at Westin St John in October. 5 different employees at Bonvoy could not fix this, and all but one did not try. Fortunately that one (Leslie W) elevated the issue to a supervisor, and he has assured me that we will be credited for those stays. We had no problems getting credited for our stays at Westin Lagunamar, even when booked through Interval. We have not yet received a final accounting for 2021. At last count, we had been credited for 38 nights stayed, though we stayed 55 nights. The 14 nights at St John brings us up to 52 nights...but the mystery of the remaining 3 nights remains unsolved...as far as I know at the moment. The battle continues. Makes me wonder how many nights Bonvoy/Marriott missed in past years. Who know?

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What are we missing here? We are several years into this benefit availability and it doesn’t work more than 90% of the time in my experience. You would think the technology should exist. Is this a problem of Marriott? Vistana? Individual properties? All of the above? What astounds me is that no matter what, no customer care exists at either to resolve this, only creating further frustrations. You would think from a sales perspective they’d want to get this right as it is a pretty good benefit to ownership. I have been staying more in Marriott & Vistana timeshares now because of this benefit / further loyalty which leads to more on-property spend. Maybe that should be re-considered....

Last edited:

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score

do you not automatically get the 5 SNAs if you don't make a selection?

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
do you not automatically get the 5 SNAs if you don't make a selection?

Yup. I remembered just this week to select mine and it was too late. I didn’t see any email about it, though it may have arrived and I missed it. I have 5 SNAs from last year and definitely don’t need 10 (probably don’t even need the 5). I really dislike the Marriott process for elite benefit selections.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yup. I remembered just this week to select mine and it was too late. I didn’t see any email about it, though it may have arrived and I missed it. I have 5 SNAs from last year and definitely don’t need 10 (probably don’t even need the 5). I really dislike the Marriott process for elite benefit selections.

I didn’t even get SNAs. So far I have literally received nothing. My status qualification was retroactive to December after the missing stay was resolved but posted after the choice benefit period closure. I took to Twitter to politely complain about it and raise awareness. In the past they have responded to my requests and tweets. This time they ignored it. I’ve probably been #Bonvoyed. The lack of customer care on elites is astounding.

Last edited:

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn’t even get SNAs. So far I have literally received nothing. My status qualification was retroactive to December after the missing stay was resolved but posted after the choice benefit period closure. I took to Twitter to politely complain about it and raise awareness. In the past they have responded to my requests and tweets. This time they ignored it. I’ve probably been #Bonvoyed. The lack of customer care on elites is astounding.

they can "fix" this if they want to do so -- I've had SNAs manually put (back) in to my account more than once...

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
they can "fix" this if they want to do so -- I've had SNAs manually put (back) in to my account more than once...

They told me they are choosing not to "fix" this or do anything about it. When I called the Titanium Elite Services phone number I supposedly spoke to a supervisor who stated there is nothing that can be done that it is what it is at this point. I asked to escalate this further and he stated this was as far as it could go, that he was the escalation person. I explained to him this is a reoccurring issue and it makes we want to status match and consider loyalty at other chains, and he didn't care....at all. I subsequently took to Twitter to politely Tweet Bonvoy Assist my issue (no rudeness, no foul language, nothing derogatory) and there has since been no response. In the past, when I Tweeted Bonvoy Assist they have been quick to respond and helpful. This time, nothing. I would have thought there would have been better customer care for Titanium elites, but I guess not. In a world of huge hospitality competition, you'd think they'd step up the care for for the loyalty.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
They told me they are choosing not to "fix" this or do anything about it. When I called the Titanium Elite Services phone number I supposedly spoke to a supervisor who stated there is nothing that can be done that it is what it is at this point. I asked to escalate this further and he stated this was as far as it could go, that he was the escalation person. I explained to him this is a reoccurring issue and it makes we want to status match and consider loyalty at other chains, and he didn't care....at all. I subsequently took to Twitter to politely Tweet Bonvoy Assist my issue (no rudeness, no foul language, nothing derogatory) and there has since been no response. In the past, when I Tweeted Bonvoy Assist they have been quick to respond and helpful. This time, nothing. I would have thought there would have been better customer care for Titanium elites, but I guess not. In a world of huge hospitality competition, you'd think they'd step up the care for for the loyalty.

You assume Marriott staff want to help. I’ve found them generally much less flexible and helpful than Starwood. At this point, I’d suggest you tried...and if you want to do anything else, I’d simply write a letter to corporate.

I’ve been saying for years that travel companies (hotel, airline, etc) promote loyalty programs for themselves, not their customers. It’s a one way street. Knowing this, I no longer allow the programs to influence my decisions beyond what I reasonably can expect to receive with minimal effort.

And, once again, this root issue is, in my opinion, the responsibility of Vistana and not Marriott. We pay Vistana, not Marriott. Vistana told us we would receive Marriott credits for our stays and Vistana should be held accountable to honoring it. That’s what I suggested many posts back that we should all contact Vistana about this issue.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You assume Marriott staff want to help. I’ve found them generally much less flexible and helpful than Starwood. At this point, I’d suggest you tried...and if you want to do anything else, I’d simply write a letter to corporate.

I’ve been saying for years that travel companies (hotel, airline, etc) promote loyalty programs for themselves, not their customers. It’s a one way street. Knowing this, I no longer allow the programs to influence my decisions beyond what I reasonably can expect to receive with minimal effort.

And, once again, this root issue is, in my opinion, the responsibility of Vistana and not Marriott. We pay Vistana, not Marriott. Vistana told us we would receive Marriott credits for our stays and Vistana should be held accountable to honoring it. That’s what I suggested many posts back that we should all contact Vistana about this issue.

All very good points and you are right. Although, I have been (and still am) elite with other brands and have never had these issues. For example, I've even stayed at / rented Holiday Inn Club Vacations timeshares multiple times and nights credited just fine to IHG after each stay. At this point any more effort will be futile. I'm not sure who to contact at Vistana about this to where the concern would be actually heard. Do you (or anyone) have any suggestions and I could "run this up the flag pole?"

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX

Are you on Facebook? If so I recommend you join the group Marriott Insiders. Once accepted, make a simple post stating the nights providing you Titanium status posted after the January 8th deadline to select the 75-night Annual Choice Benefit and you have been denied any benefit. Marriott Bonvoy runs the group. Be simple with the statement without including all the other stuff about why the posting of nights was late.

Last edited:

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Are you on Facebook? If so I recommend you join the group Marriott Insiders. Once accepted, make a simple post stating the nights providing you Titanium status posted after the January 8th deadline to select the 75-night Annual Choice Benefit and you have been denied any benefit. Marriott Bonvoy runs the group. Be simple with the statement without including all the other stuff about why the posting of nights was late.

I followed your suggestion and went to the Insiders FB page and posted. Marriott Bonvoy responded back via DM:

“Apologies for any misunderstanding. All Annual Choice Benefit selections are final and cannot be changed after the selection is made. Eligible members must select an Annual Choice Benefit by January 7th of the year following the year in which they earned required number of elite nights.”

Not sure there is any misunderstanding here. The December missing stay issue did not resolve and post until after their indicated date. I was never actually ever given an option to make a choice. In other words, their system did not work and they are choosing to not fix it.

#Bonvoyed

Last edited:

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got titanium platinum last year too. My understanding is that if you didn’t choose the 75 night elite choice, you get the default choice of 5 suite day reward.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I got titanium platinum last year too. My understanding is that if you didn’t choose the 75 night elite choice, you get the default choice of 5 suite day reward.

I have received nothing, not even SNAs.

I guess the take away to this story is if you are planning to complete a stay before the end of the year, but close to the end of the year (within the last 10 days of the year) that will step you up in status or benefits, and it’s doesn’t post and requires missing stay resolution, be aware you probably will not receive the anticipated benefits. Set expectations accordingly and truly....YMMV

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I followed your suggestion and went to the Insiders FB page and posted. Marriott Bonvoy responded back via DM:

“Apologies for any misunderstanding. All Annual Choice Benefit selections are final and cannot be changed after the selection is made. Eligible members must select an Annual Choice Benefit by January 7th of the year following the year in which they earned required number of elite nights.”

Not sure there is any misunderstanding here. The December missing stay issue did not resolve and post until after their indicated date. I was never actually ever given an option to make a choice. In other words, their system did not work and they are choosing to not fix it.

#Bonvoyed

This is exactly the type of corporate response that infuriates me, since it didn't address your specific question and concern other than to repeat the obvious.

FWIW, I haven't received my 2021 SNAs yet either (which will make 10 in my account, and I will have the opportunity to use exactly ZERO this year, unless plans change. I just booked an AC Hotel in Europe for late this year (which may or may not actually happen) and they don't have any suites so can't even use them.

youknowthenight

TUG Member
Reaction score
What are we missing here? We are several years into this benefit availability and it doesn’t work more than 90% of the time in my experience. You would think the technology should exist. Is this a problem of Marriott? Vistana? Individual properties? All of the above? What astounds me is that no matter what, no customer care exists at either to resolve this, only creating further frustrations. You would think from a sales perspective they’d want to get this right as it is a pretty good benefit to ownership. I have been staying more in Marriott & Vistana timeshares now because of this benefit / further loyalty which leads to more on-property spend. Maybe that should be re-considered....
This is a great point, and it seems like nobody at Bonvoy understands either. If they could provide a coherent explanation of why we weren't credited, it would be easier to resolve. For some reason they seem to have no clue.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is a great point, and it seems like nobody at Bonvoy understands either. If they could provide a coherent explanation of why we weren't credited, it would be easier to resolve. For some reason they seem to have no clue.

I even have documentation in writing from missing stay response dating my missing stay resolution posting after the Annual Benefit Choice date. I can back up everything I am stating in my case, yet I am not seeing any results. If it weren’t for their 10 day wait after checkout we would not be here. I even proactively contacted them ahead of time before the end of the year after checkout KNOWING there was going to be an issue given history. They.just.don’t.care!

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I even have documentation in writing from missing stay response dating my missing stay resolution posting after the Annual Benefit Choice date. I can back up everything I am stating in my case, yet I am not seeing any results. If it weren’t for their 10 day wait after checkout we would not be here. I even proactively contacted them ahead of time before the end of the year after checkout KNOWING there was going to be an issue given history. They.just.don’t.care!

You should consider writing a letter to both Vistana and Marriott corporate offices about this, and include your notes of the calls, the emails, etc.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You should consider writing a letter to both Vistana and Marriott corporate offices about this, and include your notes of the calls, the emails, etc.

I even have the missing stay response email documenting the dates. I can document the timeline of the whole story.

My next attempt may be just to ask for 40k points which is equivalent to that free night Annual Choice Benefit that I originally wanted.