• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Elite Night Credit on Vistana Stays

SMH1968

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Villages Key West
There's a way to make the nights credits to post automatically. You need to make sure that your Marriott Bonvoy member number is attached to the reservation before check in and that the upcoming stay shows up in your Marriott Bonvoy account.

To attach you Marriott Bonvoy number to the reservation, you can call the resort and ask them to attach it. You will then see the upcoming stay appear in your Marriott Bonvoy account right away.

If the resort is unable to attach your Marriott Bonvoy number to the reservation, then you can do it yourself. You will first need to obtain the Marriott reservation number. It is different from Vistana reservation number. You can either call the resort and ask for your Marriott reservation number, or you can find it in an upcoming stay email from Vistana. They send out these emails a few days before check in.

Example email subject: "Your Upcoming Vacation at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort". Towards the bottom you will see a confirmation number. This is a Marriott number that you need. Here's the screenshot example:

View attachment 30467

Once you have your Marriott reservation confirmation number, the easiest way to attach your Marriott Bonvoy number to it is through the Marriott Bonvoy mobile app. In the app, go to Trips, scroll to the bottom, click Find the Reservation, enter the number, and then add it to your trips. You will then get the nights credited automatically.

Don't wait until check in to attach your Marriott Bonvoy number, do it in advance.
Thanks for the tip, but my Bonvoy number was definitely attached to my reservation. It showed up in my Trips, and points were automatically credited. Unfortunately they gave me one night of elite night credit for a 6 night stay. One would think this would be an easy thing to rectify, but one would be wrong. #Bonvoyed

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
There's a way to make the nights credits to post automatically. You need to make sure that your Marriott Bonvoy member number is attached to the reservation before check in and that the upcoming stay shows up in your Marriott Bonvoy account.

To attach you Marriott Bonvoy number to the reservation, you can call the resort and ask them to attach it. You will then see the upcoming stay appear in your Marriott Bonvoy account right away.

If the resort is unable to attach your Marriott Bonvoy number to the reservation, then you can do it yourself. You will first need to obtain the Marriott reservation number. It is different from Vistana reservation number. You can either call the resort and ask for your Marriott reservation number, or you can find it in an upcoming stay email from Vistana. They send out these emails a few days before check in.

Example email subject: "Your Upcoming Vacation at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort". Towards the bottom you will see a confirmation number. This is a Marriott number that you need. Here's the screenshot example:

View attachment 30467

Once you have your Marriott reservation confirmation number, the easiest way to attach your Marriott Bonvoy number to it is through the Marriott Bonvoy mobile app. In the app, go to Trips, scroll to the bottom, click Find the Reservation, enter the number, and then add it to your trips. You will then get the nights credited automatically.

Don't wait until check in to attach your Marriott Bonvoy number, do it in advance.

My timeshare reservations always show in the Bonvoy app and Bonvoy log in. This issue is after the stay, credits are still not posting. It’s most definitely showing in my Bonvoy hotel account.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

View attachment 30467

I am not sure this is 100% foolproof. I know that people have reported seeing the reservation on Marriott.com to only see it disappear after checkin then fail to get the night credit.

SMH1968

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Update: After about 5 calls and 3 emails, my 6 day Lagunamar staroption stay was posted correctly and I received Platinum status! Woohoo! I am thrilled, but this was A LOT OF WORK and spanned the better part of December. Good luck to everyone fighting the good fight.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Update: After about 5 calls and 3 emails, my 6 day Lagunamar staroption stay was posted correctly and I received Platinum status! Woohoo! I am thrilled, but this was A LOT OF WORK and spanned the better part of December. Good luck to everyone fighting the good fight.
Don't forget to claim your Platinum gift online. I think the deadline to do so is sometime early January (the 6th maybe?).

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
I gave up. I canceled my Bonvoy card. It’s just not worth it. Every time I called Marriott they told me I had to call Vistana. Then I had to contact Lagunamar and still only half the nights credited. I stay 45 nights at Lagunamar.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
As expected my WLR 7 night stay did not post. It would have put me at 76 nights in 2020 qualifying me for Titanium yet I still remain platinum in 2021 because I’m still having to fight for the credits. I called Bonvoy and was met with “nothing we can do, we aren’t allowed to modify or add stays” by the representative and was told to submit a missing stay request, only to be met with silence. They literally didn’t respond to it. Very disappointing. Vistana needs to do something about this as this perk is becoming absolutely useless. #Bonvoyed

Last edited:

SMH1968

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As expected my WLR 7 night stay did not post. It would have put me at 76 nights in 2020 qualifying me for Titanium yet I still remain platinum in 2021 because I’m still having to fight for the credits. I called Bonvoy and was met with “nothing we can do, we aren’t allowed to modify or add stays” by the representative and was told to submit a missing stay request, only to be met with silence. They literally didn’t respond to it. Very disappointing. Vistana needs to do something about this as this perk is becoming absolutely useless. #Bonvoyed
HUCA Hang Up, Call Again.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

SMH1968

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They keep creating ticket / case numbers but nothing is hapenning.
It took me a month to get credit, but it's worth the effort if you are getting a higher status. On my last call I was told to ask for the elite department which was made up of supervisors. I was gold (now platinum), so you should qualify to speak to someone in that department. Every rep I spoke to before the elite rep was useless. Don't give up! But also I would wait till Monday to call. I was told that the fact that the new year has begun does not matter, it will be retroactive as the stay was in 2020. Good luck!

critterchick

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe you have to wait 10-14 days before you can even submit the missing stay request. In my situation that’ll be eventually into January. I just hope it posts in good time without having to fight for it.

DH typically gives it 7 calendar days and then uses the "report missing stay" link on the website.

View attachment 30467

If only it were that easy. We are 5* and I have the Bonvoy Platinum status that goes with it. DH has the Bonvoy card (15 points) and we want to credit our stays to his account because most years he has sufficient business travel to make it to Titanium. Vistana duly notes his name and Bonvoy account on the booking, but Marriott applies mine, every single time. I used to call them to try to get it changed and they would tell me to talk to Vistana, who have done all they can. So at check in we give the front desk his number and sometimes it works. It worked at SDO but not WDW in October, didn't work at SDO in December and has usually worked at the Westin Hawaii resorts.

I will likely jinx him by saying this, but the "report a missing stay" has worked well for him. Sorry to see that others don't have the same good fortune.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Maybe having a charge on your folio has some effect on nights posting? If you charge a meal or something else eligible for Bonvoy points to your room, then you at least get points for that spend, and it may also cause the nights from that stay to post automatically. And if you don't have any eligible spend on your folio, then maybe the nights don't automatically post?

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We always have on property spend. That’s not the issue.

BA21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV Key West, WKV
HGVC Flamingo
I have had succuss getting Elite Night credit using the Report a Missing Stay thru my Bonvoy account. The link is on the account Activity page. I needed to report missing stays 4-5 times in 2020 to get credit for Vistana stays or Marriott stays using Interval exchanges. The key is to attach a copy your portfolio when filing the Missing Stay. My portfolio for each stay is usually emailed to me prior to check out or requested in an email at checkout. You can also request a paper copy when checking out if you wish.

I usually receive an email reply from a Marriott/Bonvoy rep within a few days with the correct Elite nights credited. There was one Missing Report that I received a reply that the Vistana stay was not eligible, I simply reported the Missing Stay again and it was credited properly by a different rep.

I've had nothing but frustration trying to resolve missing stay issues over the phone. You can save lots of time and energy using the online link.

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
I had 35 nights last year. Submitted my portfolio and never got credit after numerous calls. For me it’s the principal. I can live with being by Gold. I called to cancel my Bonvoy brilliant Marriott card came dafter getting my renewal fee $450. They offered me a one time renewal for $150. I said no. My spend is pretty high last year. I vote with my $.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Update: my WLR nights and Titanium elite status posted after several calls and several missing stay entries online. However, they ONLY posted the nights but no points. We had good spending on property so I should get points for that as well. I had to submit another missing stay request for the points. I hope I get them. I am finding that getting stay credit for Vistana stays is very much a manual process. The system essentially does not exist for us to get credit. Since this benefit was announced several years back, I have had to fight for the nights and points credit 100% of the time.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Any word on whether or not harborside at Atlantis qualifies for elite night credit?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Any word on whether or not harborside at Atlantis qualifies for elite night credit?
It does not. From the Bonvoy T&C;
(4) Points or Miles may be earned on room rate only. The Reef at Atlantis, The Beach at Atlantis, and Harborside at Atlantis do not participate in the Loyalty Program.

GoodTimes

TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI...looks like Bonvoy needs to post the stay to your account with a total revenue of $0.01 to get credit for the nights.

- I used the Bonvoy Missing Stay Form for a few weeks at SVR. The Bonvoy Rep kept telling me I needed to contact VSE directly to get the nights credited. VSE rep responded telling me they couldn't credit nights to the Bonvoy system. Finally the Bonvoy rep tried the $.01 revenue trick and I have the nights properly credited.

Additional details : My reservations showed up on Marriott.com before and during the stay. They disappeared after checkout. In both cases my bill was $0.0 at checkout. Next time I will charge something to the room to see if that helps..
Also 1 week at SVR was rented from an owner and 1 week was rented on AFVC.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
It does not. From the Bonvoy T&C;
(4) Points or Miles may be earned on room rate only. The Reef at Atlantis, The Beach at Atlantis, and Harborside at Atlantis do not participate in the Loyalty Program.

I thought that was the case... I would have another 21 nights added if they counted HRA, bummer. maybe I’ll change to WLR for the 4th of July.

HankW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SVV, WLR
My process now is to take a screenshot of the reservation on the Marriott AND Vistana sites (capture both confirmations). At least buy/drink a beer charged to the room during the stay. Wait the typical 14 to 16 days and then fire up the email request. :)

youknowthenight

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stayed at Lagunamar on a getaway...nights didn't post, filled out the request form...got an email a week later with the nights posted.
Stayed again 3 weeks later, nights didn't post, filled out the request form - denied. Asked why, said I needed to call Vistana. Makes no sense, but I did, Vistana was so busy the automated menu told me I had to call back later. Called Bonvoy instead, asked someone to explain why they were able to post one stay but not the other when it was the exact same location and exact same rate. They couldn't really explain that one, but said they'd open up a case with a new department. Few days later get an email and stay posted. So, just be patient and keep trying. Also two MVC II exchange stays from last month posted on their own two days after checkout. So something definitely connected right with MVC properties.