• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Elite Night Credit on Vistana Stays

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Would staying in any Marriott/vistana properties using Interval exchange qualify for elite nights? I had one getaway before that got credited. But had an exchange recently to Westin KAN, was told not illegible for elite nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have received credit for getaways and exchange based stays.

liongate88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC (AUL), WKV, SVV, HGVC (BLVD, GW, Elara), HRC , WM
Just what I thought. But this is likely case to case basis rather than a true benefit written somewhere else. Maybe being nice during check in would work... thanks

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Just what I thought. But this is likely case to case basis rather than a true benefit written somewhere else. Maybe being nice during check in would work... thanks

They key is getting your Bonvoy number on the reservation in the right place so you can see the reservation online. However, even this doesn't always help. Our last stay at Vistana Villages was an II getaway, I had them add the reservation at checkin and I could then see it on Marriott.com. I never received credit. I did however file a missing stay request and they applied it. YMMV.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
Reservations through third party sites are not eligible.
It's a bit of a stretch to describe II as a "third party site" since II literally owns Vistana. (You're correct about that rule, but I think it's a bit hard to defend in this case.)

remowidget

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar X3
They key is getting your Bonvoy number on the reservation in the right place so you can see the reservation online. However, even this doesn't always help. Our last stay at Vistana Villages was an II getaway, I had them add the reservation at checkin and I could then see it on Marriott.com. I never received credit. I did however file a missing stay request and they applied it. YMMV.
We have been around this issue. We were told after our last stay last stay at Lagunamar in January that the name on the reservation in Vistana must match the name on the account in Marriott. I had been logging into my account to make Vistana reservations since we purchased. We use my wife's account for Marriott. So, now we are trying to remember to use her account to book Vistana. Going back in April/May, so I guess we will see if that works.

Note, we could see our Vistana reservation under my name in my wife's account in January.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
We have been around this issue. We were told after our last stay last stay at Lagunamar in January that the name on the reservation in Vistana must match the name on the account in Marriott.

That's a for-sure. Otherwise, anyone could credit their Vistana stay to anyone else. The same is true for stays at Marriott hotel properties. You can't receive credit to your account for a room reserved in your wife's name and under her Bonvoy number.

Troyrissa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar
So I just got back from an ownership stay at Westin Los Cabos. I was registered for the double nights promo and my stay was reflected in my bonvoy account prior to the trip. Just checked bonvoy account and I got points plus credit for my nights plus 1 extra night. I did not get double nights just 1 extra night. I’m confused. I thought we couldn’t get points at all. I got base points plus gold elite bonus points plus an extra 500 points. Other people got their double nights but I only got 1 extra night. Are they making this stuff up as they go??

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
So I just got back from an ownership stay at Westin Los Cabos. I was registered for the double nights promo and my stay was reflected in my bonvoy account prior to the trip. Just checked bonvoy account and I got points plus credit for my nights plus 1 extra night. I did not get double nights just 1 extra night. I’m confused. I thought we couldn’t get points at all. I got base points plus gold elite bonus points plus an extra 500 points. Other people got their double nights but I only got 1 extra night. Are they making this stuff up as they go??
You will earn points on any qualified incidental spending plus the gold arrival bonus. I have no idea why you got the extra elite night and no double nights promo.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think any ownership stay is valid for the double nights per the terms and conditions. I stayed at week at Manor Club on an AC in March, and I only received the 7 elite nights, not double.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I don't think any ownership stay is valid for the double nights per the terms and conditions. I stayed at week at Manor Club on an AC in March, and I only received the 7 elite nights, not double.

As has been discussed numerous times the actual T&C exclude MVC ownership stays but is silent as to Vistana ownership stays. We assume an oversight but Vistana stays are not excluded per the T&C.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was at WDW during the double point promotion & was not given the double point bonus. I appealed it. Said "hey - the fine print does NOT exclude Vistana". A week later the results came back from my appeal and was told "nope, you are not getting the bonus".

iowaguy09

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Flex
Sheraton Flex
As has been discussed numerous times the actual T&C exclude MVC ownership stays but is silent as to Vistana ownership stays. We assume an oversight but Vistana stays are not excluded per the T&C.
I called Marriott Bonvoy specifically to ask about this prior to our recent stay at WKORV and was told that in their T&C now all references to MVC refers to all of the timeshare properties (including Vistana, WVC, SVC) since they are all owned by MVC now. So no, this stay would not have qualified for the double elite night credits.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I called Marriott Bonvoy specifically to ask about this prior to our recent stay at WKORV and was told that in their T&C now all references to MVC refers to all of the timeshare properties (including Vistana, WVC, SVC) since they are all owned by MVC now. So no, this stay would not have qualified for the double elite night credits.
But this is simply untrue. Vistana (which "owns" WVC and SVC, which aren't companies but just brands) is not owned by MVC. It's owned by Marriott Vacations Worldwide, which is the company that owns both MVC and Vistana. Putting it another way, Vistana is NOT under, or a part of, MVC. They sit side by side in the corporate hierarchy and are separate (but related.)

I got double elite nights for my WKORV stay last month and I fully expect to get them again for my WDW stay that begins tomorrow. If I don't I will complain until I do. They can't just make up rules on the fly.

Now — if your stay was through II, I'm not sure if that qualifies for elite night credits at all. But ownership stays within VSN do.

iowaguy09

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Flex
Sheraton Flex
But this is simply untrue. Vistana (which "owns" WVC and SVC, which aren't companies but just brands) is not owned by MVC. It's owned by Marriott Vacations Worldwide, which is the company that owns both MVC and Vistana. Putting it another way, Vistana is NOT under, or a part of, MVC. They sit side by side in the corporate hierarchy and are separate (but related.)

I got double elite nights for my WKORV stay last month and I fully expect to get them again for my WDW stay that begins tomorrow. If I don't I will complain until I do. They can't just make up rules on the fly.

Now — if your stay was through II, I'm not sure if that qualifies for elite night credits at all. But ownership stays within VSN do.
daviator, that is interesting to hear. I am a full Westin Flex owner, so based on your report, I plan to make an appeal for double nights credit with Bonvoy. Has anyone else tried this and been successful?

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX

MVC is a sister company to Vistana. Both are owned by Marriott Vacations Worldwide. To say all references to MVC include Vistana is like saying all references to St. Regis include Ritz-Carlton.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC is a sister company to Vistana. Both are owned by Marriott Vacations Worldwide. To say all references to MVC include Vistana is like saying all references to St. Regis include Ritz-Carlton.
It's also a bit like saying that because California and Pennsylvania are both states in the USA, all references to Pennsylvania also mean California. It's ludicrous.

I do think that if you appeal hard enough, they are going to have to give you the double night credit. We are eligible for it, it's right there in the terms and conditions.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
It's also a bit like saying that because California and Pennsylvania are both states in the USA, all references to Pennsylvania also mean California. It's ludicrous.

I do think that if you appeal hard enough, they are going to have to give you the double night credit. We are eligible for it, it's right there in the terms and conditions.
Perhaps, but they have the control. Your last resort is to have an attorney send a letter. They could still ignore it. Then you could take them to court. A little drastic IMO, but they do hold the all cards. I do really think they intended to exclude SVC and WVC but didn't. Right now if the nights post automatically you get double. If they don't post automatically, then you only get single night credit. Complain hard enough this time, then come next time there won't be an oversight and those that post automatically will no longer get the bonuses of these promotions. You need to pick your battles. Think long term here.