• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Elite Night Credit on Vistana Stays

critterchick

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called bonvoy yesterday and told the rep I was missing elite nights on a star option stay at SVV from 14 days ago. After a brief hold, I was credited the nights without question.

This summer, I’ve received all elite nights for stays at Marriott vacation clubs via accommodation certificates automatically. It seems vistana stays are not credited even though they all showed up in my bonvoy app. I am still waiting for nights from one more stay (SVV a week ago) and this week at Marriott harbour lake. Both are from AC’s, I expect the Marriott stay to be credited immediately as it has been all year.

Have you followed up to see about getting credit for those stays? You should be getting it.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Have you followed up to see about getting credit for those stays? You should be getting it.
I received credit for the star options stay, today was day 10 so I am calling tomorrow for the AC stay at SVV.

I am currently on another stay at harbour lake.... well, only stayed two nights and came home but I didn’t tell them I left so I get the full 7 nights :) I’ll now hit titanium by next week

regatta333

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Long Wharf, Wyndham points, Vistana Westin Kierland
I sent an email to Vistana asking them to link my Marriott Rewards number to my account and this is the reply I received today:

Upon review of your ownership account, as your Vacation Ownership Interest (VOI) was purchased through resale, we are unable to link your Marriott Bonvoy account to your ownership.

Is this accurate? Does it mean that I am going to have issues getting elite night credits for my Vistana stays?

regatta333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Can anyone shed any light on why purchasing from the developer has any bearing on being able to link your Marriott rewards number to your Vistana account?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Can anyone shed any light on why purchasing from the developer has any bearing on being able to link your Marriott rewards number to your Vistana account?
Perhaps with the number in there, it then allows you to convert to Bonvoy points, which is not permitted for resale buyers.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had to request Elite night credit for a stay at WKORV last December, but my subsequent stays starting January 1 have been credited without me having to do anything.

I spoke too soon. My stays from 2/8 to 2/15 and from 2/15 to 2/22 have not produced Elite Night Credits. I was able to submit a missing stay request for the first week today (you have to wait at least 10 days to submit the request).

It seems to still be hit or miss if they credit the stay at WKORV.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
I have always received Elite Night Credits, but sometimes they take 2-3 weeks to show up. I think they will show up if you're patient, but no reason not to submit a request after ten days if you are worried. Unless there's something unique about your situation that makes you ineligible for credit...

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I have always received Elite Night Credits, but sometimes they take 2-3 weeks to show up. I think they will show up if you're patient, but no reason not to submit a request after ten days if you are worried. Unless there's something unique about your situation that makes you ineligible for credit...
Shoot, there are night credits from January and February of last year that I never got credit for. I gave up since trying to get them.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shoot, there are night credits from January and February of last year that I never got credit for. I gave up since trying to get them.
I guess they only really matter if they'd have pushed you into a new Bonvoy level. Well, and they matter for lifetime status I think. I might make Titanium this year, largely because of timeshare stays, which will be nice if we can actually travel more widely in 2022.

I have had missing stays a couple of times, but they quickly credited them when I reported them missing. Sorry if that wasn't your experience!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I guess they only really matter if they'd have pushed you into a new Bonvoy level. Well, and they matter for lifetime status I think. I might make Titanium this year, largely because of timeshare stays, which will be nice if we can actually travel more widely in 2022.

I have had missing stays a couple of times, but they quickly credited them when I reported them missing. Sorry if that wasn't your experience!
I already have lifetime platinum and hit Titanium in 2020, so that is why I didn't pursue more. We are now diverting all of our nights to my wife's Bonvoy account to try to get her to lifetime Platinum as well. She does currently have that status based on our Marriott ownership, but would be nice to have lifetime platinum in the event we ever have to unload our weeks. She is only about 100 elite nights shy and also two years shy on being Platinum for 10 years. She will probably make lifetime sometime next year given how they are handing out elite nights right now like candy.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I already have lifetime platinum and hit Titanium in 2020, so that is why I didn't pursue more. We are now diverting all of our nights to my wife's Bonvoy account to try to get her to lifetime Platinum as well. She does currently have that status based on our Marriott ownership, but would be nice to have lifetime platinum in the event we ever have to unload our weeks. She is only about 100 elite nights shy and also two years shy on being Platinum for 10 years. She will probably make lifetime sometime next year given how they are handing out elite nights right now like candy.
That's great. I just took a screen shot of the double elite night credit promotion and the fine print, I may try to make an issue of it if I don't get double credit for my WKORV stay next week. Honestly, i am sure they intended to exclude all timeshare owner stays, but since the language actually doesn't exclude Vistana, it may be worth trying to get them to honor the letter of their promotion. I would also like to get my lifetime status as high as possible in case I ever can't maintain at least Platinum by other means.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I received double elite night credit for my WSJ stay last week. Already Titanium after just two timeshare stays this year!
That’s amazing! I’ll hit titanium in July. I need 13 more nights.

When do you get to select your room upgrades or night credits when you reach platinum?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
That’s amazing! I’ll hit titanium in July. I need 13 more nights.

When do you get to select your room upgrades or night credits when you reach platinum?
Unless you are trying to reach lifetime Platinum status, take the Suite Night Awards. Unless you may end up a few nights short of Titanium, then take the elite nights if it will push you over the 75 needed for Titanium.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Unless you are trying to reach lifetime Platinum status, take the Suite Night Awards. Unless you may end up a few nights short of Titanium, then take the elite nights if it will push you over the 75 needed for Titanium.
I took the night credits last year to get me to titanium (turns out I didn’t need them) but then I selected the free night certificate which came in use NYE in ft lauderdale.

I plan on taking the suite nights for platinum and the free night certificate when I hit titanium. I’m just wondering how long after reaching platinum I will receive the choice. It’s been over a month since hitting platinum and no email yet.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rumour has it the 50/75 choices will become available end of Mar timeframe

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Rumour has it the 50/75 choices will become available end of Mar timeframe

Do we know of any rumors on what the “new options” will be?

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I spoke too soon. My stays from 2/8 to 2/15 and from 2/15 to 2/22 have not produced Elite Night Credits. I was able to submit a missing stay request for the first week today (you have to wait at least 10 days to submit the request).

It seems to still be hit or miss if they credit the stay at WKORV.

I submitted a missing stay request for my WKORV-N stay from 2/8 to 2/15 and included the following comment:

Please note my stay is eligible for night credits per section 7.2.b.i of the Bonvoy Loyalty Program Terms and Conditions;

"7.2.b.i Members will earn Elite Night Credit for a Qualifying Stay at Vistana properties."

I got an email that my missing stay request had been forwarded for review and then got a second email confirming that the stay would be credited. There was not any back and forth. The nights just appeared on my account.

The stay from 2/15 to 2/22 didn't show up either so I had to submit another request today. I expect it will be resolved without issue, just like the last ones I've submitted. I wish they would just take care of this automatically.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Is there any way to get timeshare maintenance paid to count toward Ambassador spending requirement? If the nights are counting towards elite, why not count the paid maintenance fee? That’s technically my nightly cost.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Is there any way to get timeshare maintenance paid to count toward Ambassador spending requirement? If the nights are counting towards elite, why not count the paid maintenance fee? That’s technically my nightly cost.
That isn't Marriott revenue, it is the HOA revenue. There is no way to accomplish this.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX

As @dioxide45 said, it isn't going to happen. You should be happy that the MF spend counts for bonus points if you use a Marriott Bonvoy branded credit card.

HankW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SVV, WLR
Do we know of any rumors on what the “new options” will be?
Got it today, did not notice anything new:

STAY FOR MORE
This year, stay at least 50 eligible nights to choose one of these Annual Choice Benefits from Marriott Bonvoy™:

• Add five Elite Night Credits to your 2021 total.
  • Save 40% on a bed from your favorite hotel brand.
  • Gift Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status to a family member, friend or colleague.
  • Donate US$100 to WE Charity.
  • Get five Suite Night Awards™ to redeem for upgrades to suites and premium rooms.
Stay at least 75 eligible nights this year to earn a second Annual Choice Benefit. You can choose from the options above plus these:

• One Free Night Award worth up to 40,000 points.
  • Gift Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status to a family member, friend or colleague.
If you’ve reached 50 eligible nights, sign in now to choose your benefit.

Otherwise, keep booking and we’ll notify you when you’ve earned an Annual Choice Benefit.

regatta333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Are suite night awards and the free night valid for only one year from the date you make the selection or will it be valid through the end of 2022?

Keep Traveling

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are valid until the end of 2022 for both the Suite nights and the free night.
Expires December 31, 2022