• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Elite Night Credit on Vistana Stays

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
You should definitely get credit then. I just sent you a PM with the address I used to get it resolved.

I sent an email to the address you gave me but it came back undeliverable. It doesn't appear that one works.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
I sent an email to the address you gave me but it came back undeliverable. It doesn't appear that one works.
hmmm...it was early 2019 when I used it. Maybe they disabled it and are now using something different. Sorry.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Does anyone know if it matters to which room / side of 2BD lockoff you charge to on folio to make sure elite night credits post after stay? As we have discussed before the automatic nights posting has been spotty but I’m wondering if it matters which room number you charge to in a lockoff? My recent stay before year end will move me to Titanium status and I don’t want to have to fight for it in January.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Does anyone know if it matters to which room / side of 2BD lockoff you charge to on folio to make sure elite night credits post after stay? As we have discussed before the automatic nights posting has been spotty but I’m wondering if it matters which room number you charge to in a lockoff? My recent stay before year end will move me to Titanium status and I don’t want to have to fight for it in January.

In my experience, that does not matter. Both units of a 2 bed LO would be on the same folio. My advice would simply be certain your Marriott number is correct before you checkout.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

islandguy

Reaction score
I just sent in a 17 night stay at Westin Lagunamar that I stayed Nov/Dec this year. Last year had to go back and forth with Marriott with limited results to various emails and discussions. Hope this works as I want to get to Platinum Titanium as this stay puts me well over.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just sent in a 17 night stay at Westin Lagunamar that I stayed Nov/Dec this year. Last year had to go back and forth with Marriott with limited results to various emails and discussions. Hope this works as I want to get to Platinum Titanium as this stay puts me well over.

This is my same situation but just fewer nights. It is still hit/miss abs going back/forth is still necessary. It’s frustrating they couldn’t have this figured out by now.

Sicnarf

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just reported a missing stay credit in the Marriott website for a 10-day timeshare stay at Westin Cancun Resort just by attaching my hotel folio. Received an email confirming my request 2 days later and the credit appeared in my account another 2 days later.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I believe you have to wait 10-14 days before you can even submit the missing stay request. In my situation that’ll be eventually into January. I just hope it posts in good time without having to fight for it.

SMH1968

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Villages Key West
I stayed 6 nights at Lagunamar with StarOptions 11/27-12/3 and received Bonvoy points plus 1 night credit, which moved my meter from 48 to 49 nights, instead of to 54 nights which would qualify me for Platinum status. I have called three times and made two online requests. This is crazy! And the reps don't seem to be helpful or even aware of the issue. Any suggestions on what to say to receive the credit would be very helpful as I have never achieved Platinum status before and need to make this happen!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I stayed 6 nights at Lagunamar with StarOptions 11/27-12/3 and received Bonvoy points plus 1 night credit, which moved my meter from 48 to 49 nights, instead of to 54 nights which would qualify me for Platinum status. I have called three times and made two online requests. This is crazy! And the reps don't seem to be helpful or even aware of the issue. Any suggestions on what to say to receive the credit would be very helpful as I have never achieved Platinum status before and need to make this happen!
Try emailing bonvoy.stay@marriott-service.com. That is the email address that they send emails out from when working missing stay requests. I have found I am able to reply when there are issues with what was posted.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
I'm finding it difficult to get credit for just about anything travel related. I have a 10 day paid hotel stay with Marriott that I checked out of over one week ago that still isn't showing. That one puts me at 81 nights for the year.

And then there is getting appropriate mileage accumulation with airlines.

HankW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SVV, WLR
Same here. This issue was working for a while and now it seems like we are back to a hard time getting credit for stays. Multiple contacts and messages on an 11 days stay, no luck yet. I am afraid we are back to the original difficult times to get stay credit, too bad.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
We recently got credit for two stays at SVV. Really back to back stays. One for two nights and the other for four. I had to open missing stay requests on both. They credited one right away and said they had to forward the other one to another department to review. They finally emailed back today on that one that it was credited. I don't see the 1,000 Titanium welcome gift for either one, but I know it was there for the first one they credited before today. So it looks like today's action removed the 1,000 Bonvoy points. We did get all of the Elite night credits.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Frustrating. My impression is that if Marriott continues to make it difficult to get proper credit, we should be taking this to VSN. It really is ultimately their responsibility to get Marriott to honor the agreement for credits, and it shouldn’t be up to us individually to chase them for this after every stay. Someone start a petition...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

maph

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try referring them to Section 7.2.b.i in the Terms and Conditions;

7.2.b.i Members will earn Elite Night Credit for a Qualifying Stay at Vistana properties.

Works for me. The full terms and conditions can be found here;

Bonvoy Terms & Conditions

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

7.2.b.i Members will earn Elite Night Credit for a Qualifying Stay at Vistana properties.

Yes, this works. I have had to use this a few times and they then gave the credit.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just completed a stay last week at WLR and exactly as I feared - the nights credit never posted. Now I have to fight with Bonvoy to get it posted.

SMH1968

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

THANK YOU! I am on the phone with them right now. This rep claims that only one night of a Staroptions stay counts toward elite night credit. I pointed out the absurdity that a one night stay counts for one night, but a six night stay also counts for one night. Then I referred her to 7.2.b.i and she put me on hold, only to return and say that I needed to speak to Marriott Vacations. I asked to speak to a supervisor but she transferred me anyway.

HUCA. Hang Up, Call Again. The next rep saw that a case had been opened and transferred me to Elite Services aka Supervisor. The Supervisor claims she re-entered the correct stay length of 6 nights and the system will update in 24 hours. I asked her to document the interaction in her notes in case I need to call back again.

Who thinks this will be resolved in 24 hours? And who thinks I'll spend the next week on the phone attempting to get my 6 night stay credited properly? It's insane.

SMH1968

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just completed a stay last week at WLR and exactly as I feared - the nights credit never posted. Now I have to fight with Bonvoy to get it posted.
Out of curiosity, did your points post? My big issue is that the stay appears to have been credited as it shows up in my activity, but I only received one elite night credit for a six night stay. It appears from this forum that WLR stays are notorious for not posting correctly.

Oh how I miss SPG...

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Out of curiosity, did your points post? My big issue is that the stay appears to have been credited as it shows up in my activity, but I only received one elite night credit for a six night stay. It appears from this forum that WLR stays are notorious for not posting correctly.

Oh how I miss SPG...

Nothing posted. No points, no nights, not even showing up in “past” stays. I know to take a screen shot of the reservation so I have all the details and confirmation number. I am finding now that 100% of the time these stays aren’t posting. It’s soon to be 2021, you’d think we’d have technology available by now to handle this.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Nothing posted. No points, no nights, not even showing up in “past” stays. I know to take a screen shot of the reservation so I have all the details and confirmation number. I am finding now that 100% of the time these stays aren’t posting. It’s soon to be 2021, you’d think we’d have technology available by now to handle this.

Truly sucks. I suggest again that this should be an issue VSN needs to fix, not us individually. It's happening to too many people. Marriott staff aren't trained properly (just see #369 above for an example).

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I have been dealing with this issue for two stays as well. I was just told by a supervisor that it could take up to six months. That is ridiculous! She claims I just have to wait for the escalation team to handle it.

Best regards.

Mike

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Truly sucks. I suggest again that this should be an issue VSN needs to fix, not us individually. It's happening to too many people. Marriott staff aren't trained properly (just see #369 above for an example).

On a related note, surprisingly I get better response and results from direct messaging them on Twitter. Companies treasure their online image on social media so I may have to go that route again.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
There's a way to make the nights credits to post automatically. You need to make sure that your Marriott Bonvoy member number is attached to the reservation before check in and that the upcoming stay shows up in your Marriott Bonvoy account.

To attach you Marriott Bonvoy number to the reservation, you can call the resort and ask them to attach it. You will then see the upcoming stay appear in your Marriott Bonvoy account right away.

If the resort is unable to attach your Marriott Bonvoy number to the reservation, then you can do it yourself. You will first need to obtain the Marriott reservation number. It is different from Vistana reservation number. You can either call the resort and ask for your Marriott reservation number, or you can find it in an upcoming stay email from Vistana. They send out these emails a few days before check in.

Example email subject: "Your Upcoming Vacation at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort". Towards the bottom you will see a confirmation number. This is a Marriott number that you need. Here's the screenshot example:

Screenshot_20201228-172038.jpg

Once you have your Marriott reservation confirmation number, the easiest way to attach your Marriott Bonvoy number to it is through the Marriott Bonvoy mobile app. In the app, go to Trips, scroll to the bottom, click Find the Reservation, enter the number, and then add it to your trips. You will then get the nights credited automatically.

Don't wait until check in to attach your Marriott Bonvoy number, do it in advance.