• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DRI exchange Hyatt Kaanapali, 2 times in a year. Why can I

bradfordHI

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI Hawaii Collection 74,000 points

Westin 2 Bedroom Maui; selling it now.
2 bedroom ocean Front Hyatt week 51. We Rent it on VRBO only.
IMG_1365.PNG
see photos.
I am seeing something weird. I read all these angry reviews but I exchanged into the Hyatt 2 times in a row. Developer points. Not resale.
Is II seeing them as different.

Thoughts?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Angry reviews?

Sometimes there are last minute deposits into Interval. These are past dates in April. When did you capture this?

Sightings for this resort have been posted on the TUG Sightings forum - http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?forums/sightings-distressed.3/ (this forum can only be viewed when you're logged in as a TUG Member).

This exact week was sighted in Interval and posted on the TUG Sightings forum on April 12 - http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?...ali-beach-2-bedroom-4-22-4-29-on-hold.254303/

I believe DRI has a discounted exchange rate during FLEX (59 days before checkin). Based on your rate of 3,750 Vacation Points, it looks like you booked this during the Flex timeframe which is a fabulous deal for last minute travel. Congrats.

Last edited:

bradfordHI

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Booked 2 months out. Got 2 in a row. Just wondering if anyone is seeing deals like this. I've either been getting lucky or new things are in II.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I often see something good on Flexchange, but rarely can travel on that short of notice unless I am doing a staycation. I've booked Four Seasons Aviara in Carlsbad a couple times like that.

bradfordHI

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

[Exchange company sighting redacted - please see note below.]

Yeah I booked that the week before then flew out of SD. It's a great property. 25 miles from the airport and 5 stars. Rooms are great an we are going back before xmas.
Highly recommend both properties.

Last edited by a moderator:

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Angry reviews?

Sometimes there are last minute deposits into Interval. These are past dates in April. When did you capture this?

Sightings for this resort have been posted on the TUG Sightings forum - http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?forums/sightings-distressed.3/ (this forum can only be viewed when you're logged in as a TUG Member).

This exact week was sighted in Interval and posted on the TUG Sightings forum on April 12 - http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?...ali-beach-2-bedroom-4-22-4-29-on-hold.254303/

I believe DRI has a discounted exchange rate during FLEX (59 days before checkin). Based on your rate of 3,750 Vacation Points, it looks like you booked this during the Flex timeframe which is a fabulous deal for last minute travel. Congrats.
was 59 days but it is 30 days and less since 2-3 years

bradfordHI

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Up early for work. I'm not sure. I always seem to get these. I save the screen shot because I learned how to do it so I can send it to a friend or my family members while I ask them if they can go at this time.

Is this not normal? I get these all the time. I'm not bragging But instead of posting some random words I show actual exchanges I have done or ones I have done for my family or children that I've gotten though us doing it for them.

Hope that answers questions.

Is this weird? I'm confused because I've gotten so many nasty messages.

bradfordHI

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

was 59 days but it is 30 days and less since 2-3 years

Yes. I booked both about 2 months out. I stayed in that four seasons resort then went to the Hyatt in Maui.
I don't know what flex exchange is. I just logged in and booked both and did control P to print the screen which my son showed me how to do it because I emailed them to our friends to make sure they could meet us in sand Diego and if our kids could come to Maui in April.

Anyways. Hope that helps you all.

bradfordHI

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

[Exchange company sighting redacted - please see note below.]

Best tip we got is to hold Down the control button and hold the P button the keyboard and send it to your kids or grand kids. You have 20 minutes to make the reservation. They should drop faceback by that time.

We did these exchanges
for our family.

Hope we can help.

God Bless.

Last edited by a moderator:

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
You booked often in the 30 days and less period to get the 50% off. Good for you.
Also, I see that you own more than 50,000 DRI pts (Platinum loyalty level). So, you get another 25% discount on top of showed pts (DRI will apply the 25% in your DRI account).
To answer your question: Yes I see those kind of stuff every day. That's the beauty of pts (not affected by trading power)

bradfordHI

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Hi! Yes my husband and I have been finding a lot of great deals. Not sure on the additional discount but I booked those Newport Beach properties. I didn't know that. As a Platinum member we get 30% off on all Interval exchanges?

That's great. Thanks for the tip. Should I call or does that always show up on the website.

Thanks!!!!

bradfordHI

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Hi! Yes my husband and I have been finding a lot of great deals. Not sure on the additional discount but I booked those Newport Beach properties. I didn't know that. As a Platinum member we get 30% off on all Interval exchanges?

That's great. Thanks for the tip. Should I call or does that always show up on the website.

Thanks!!!!
Oops. 25 percent. Why is that?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Friendly Reminder - It is TUG policy that any sightings from exchange company websites should be posted on the Sightings and Distressed Forum. In other words, when you see an exchange that you want to share on TUG, please post it on the Sightings and Distressed Forum.

bradfordHI

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Sorry. Using my husbands account. He usually is on this thing.
I'm looking for something different for my sister.

Thank you Denise! I will tell him later.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Welcome to TUG - I recommend that you sign up for a separate account on TUG, so we know who we are talking to. To be quite honest, your husband is rather brash on TUG, and if you are logged onto his account, we have no way of knowing that you are not him.

bradfordHI

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I will have a talk with him. I'm not defending him but even I misread his texts because he is sarcastic. It's why he should stay away from these sites. But he does have a good heart.
Thanks for the idea. I will try and create my own account.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks!!!!
I'm not Platinum level (50,000+ pts). I'm only Silver level (15,000 pts). Platinum level members said on Facebook that on II the cost showed is the same for every DRI pts members but when they look in their DRI account, DRI has taken 25% less points after the exchange has been confirmed. So, for your HYB exchange @ 3750 pts, 2,812.5 pts should have been removed from your DRI account except if the 25% doesn't apply during the 50% discount period (I don't know). Go in your DRI account and check the Points Usage History section and give us feedback.
Thanks

bradfordHI

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Thank you! I will look into that.

I'm not Platinum level (50,000+ pts). I'm only Silver level (15,000 pts). Platinum level members said on Facebook that on II the cost showed is the same for every DRI pts members but when they look in their DRI account, DRI has taken 25% less points after the exchange has been confirmed. So, for your HYB exchange @ 3750 pts, 2,812.5 pts should have been removed from your DRI account except if the 25% doesn't apply during the 50% discount period (I don't know). Go in your DRI account and check the Points Usage History section and give us feedback.
Thanks[/QUOTE