• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Amex Hilton Changes

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
Our $200's and $50's charged on 1/3 have not credited yet.

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
I don't see the credit transaction posted, but i see this:

View attachment 86918

I paid LV BLVD MF on 01/02

I see the same thing on my account with the payment made on 1/1. A also processed a $50 charge against United on 1/2 and that benefit shows $0 Received this year. Neither credit shows up on the card activity yet. I yearn for the old days when they posted within a few days;) Patience is not one of my better virtues.

terces

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC LVB x3, Sandos Mexico for RCI points
Just noticed the changes to Surpass and Aspire cards. At the moment they appear to be positive.

Surpass changes Receive up to $200 back each year (up to $50 in statement credits each quarter) for eligible purchases made directly with Hilton.
Enjoy complimentary National Car Rental®Emerald Club Executive® status
4x HH on US Online Retail

Aspire changes Get up to $200 in statement credits semi-annually for eligible purchases made directly with participating Hilton Resorts on your Hilton Honors Aspire Card

Get up to $50 in statement credits each quarter, for a total of up to $200 back each year, on flight purchases made directly with an airline or though amextravel.com

$189 CLEAR® Plus Credit

complimentary National Car Rental®Emerald Club Executive® status

Cell phone: for a maximum of $800 per claim with a limit of 2 approved claims per 12-month period when your cell phone line is listed on a wireless bill and the prior month's wireless bill was paid by an Eligible Card Account. A $50 deductible will apply to each approved claim

New design

Could be more but that is what I saw so far

Edit: Aspire annual fee increase to $550. Priority pass dropped on both cards. Aspire will be metal.

Very frustrating these cards are not available in Canada

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I also received the $200 resort credit on my two Aspire cards and $50 resort credit on Surpass card today for HGV WBKL HOA (Kingsland MFs) paid 1/2/24

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I also received the $200 resort credit on my two Aspire cards and $50 resort credit on Surpass card today for HGV WBKL HOA (Kingsland MFs) paid 1/2/24
since we paid on 1/3....we will see if ours credits today or tomorrow. That should give us some good data points on charge to credit timing.

raddoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great to see some data points confirming that the $200 resort credit is still active!!! I was worried that Amex might have stopped supporting this method of credit in 2024!

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Great to see some data points confirming that the $200 resort credit is still active!!! I was worried that Amex might have stopped supporting this method of credit in 2024!
the $200 credit is the new one starting this year. It used to be $250/year....now it is $200/half year (jan to june/July to Dec)

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
Paid the last $200 on MF 1/1 on Aspire card, and it credited today. Still waiting for $50 airline credit from 1/3.

Same here. $200 MF payment on 1/1 posted against Valdoro today. Still waiting for $50 United credit from 1/1 charge.

GMan82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club
West 57th by Hilton Club
Well, I discovered the chat function on the Amex app and decided to engage. I asked about the $250 Hilton resort credit from the old Aspire card benefits and whether or not my charge for Elara on 12/4 would trigger that old credit. Looks like the agent is manually issuing it, which should post in the next 5 business days. They said it normally takes 6-8 weeks to automatically post. I’ll let y’all know if and when it does post. If it posts, this will become $200 (new cred) + $250 (old cred) + $250 x 2 (two MD creds for owner updates) = $950 in MF credits. My Elara MF was $1309 I think. :cheer:

Attachments

• IMG_8257.jpeg
    IMG_8257.jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 11

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, I discovered the chat function on the Amex app and decided to engage. I asked about the $250 Hilton resort credit from the old Aspire card benefits and whether or not my charge for Elara on 12/4 would trigger that old credit. Looks like the agent is manually issuing it, which should post in the next 5 business days. They said it normally takes 6-8 weeks to automatically post. I’ll let y’all know if and when it does post. If it posts, this will become $200 (new cred) + $250 (old cred) + $250 x 2 (two MD creds for owner updates) = $950 in MF credits. My Elara MF was $1309 I think. :cheer:
we paid in Nov and received the old credit....with two Aspire and two Surpass, between last year and this year now, we got/get $250 x 2, $200 x 2, and $50 x 4 so $1k.....more than one of our Craig weeks....so one is free and it puts a dent into another.

raddoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
the $200 credit is the new one starting this year. It used to be $250/year....now it is $200/half year (jan to june/July to Dec)

Correct. What I meant to say is I was concerned that - as part of their revamping of the Aspire card - Amex was no longer going to allow MF payments to trigger resort credits after 1/1/24. It's great to see multiple data points that MF payments are still triggering the resort credit.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, charged on 1/3 and credit posted today, 1/12, for both the Aspire and Surpass so it looks like a 9 day wait

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
I got the new Aspire 2024 credit for Flamingo/FHRC ($14.07) but nothing so far for Elara/LV52 ($200).

I paid the same $200 for Elara/LV52 on two other Aspire cards, neither received the $200 credit. It appears Elara doesn't code properly by default.

1705077781826.png

Also got the new Surpass 2024 credit for Flamingo/FHRC ($50) on two cards.

1705078049357.png

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: W. 57th, Vegas Strip
DVC: Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club villas
So, it seems that most things are taking roughly 9ish calendar days. We have UA TB and second Blvd. installments pending, so we shall see. The TB is on Platinum, but all cards seem similar.

A dining rebate on Marriott Bonvoy just posted after 9 days.

Cheers.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I got the new Aspire 2024 credit for Flamingo/FHRC ($14.07) but nothing so far for Elara/LV52 ($200).

I paid the same $200 for Elara/LV52 on two other Aspire cards, neither received the $200 credit. It appears Elara doesn't code properly by default.

View attachment 87027

Also got the new Surpass 2024 credit for Flamingo/FHRC ($50) on two cards.

View attachment 87028
Maybe it still will but if not contact Amex CS. We had to do that for Craig.

Zenichiro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Casa Yabel
Some how I got the United $250 and the $50 again for Jan. I already put $250 and $50 in UA travel bank in Nov/Dec. stayed at WA Cancún and Hilton PDC. Highly recomend both but of course, WA Cancun was a cut above. Recieved a nice ocean front premium room upgrade from the base room and bottle of red wine. Views wear excellent

Attachments

• IMG_3285.jpeg
    IMG_3285.jpeg
    34.6 KB · Views: 12

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Any data points on Bay Club getting the AMEX Aspire credit. I'm about to try in a few more days, If that doesn't work then I still have SW to try to pick it up. If only SW works, then I will have to split payments next year, with part in Dec and part in Jan.

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
My United Travelbank credit from 1/3 posted last night.