• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Amex Hilton Changes

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
I got it. Worked as expected, and it was double checked with chat support beforehand.

Moreover, live chat rep once told me I still had credit left for previous annual period that I then relied on and paid $250 for MF. I didn't get the credit after 3 weeks, CS rep told me I actually had used it earlier in the year, but I complained about it since I was given that information first hand and acted based on that, they filed a ticket, and got it credited 2 weeks later. That means Amex gave me $500 in resort credits on one of my cards because of rep's fault. Remarkable customer service.
i paid at Lagoon which last year required i call for both cards to get manual credit at 12 weeks so it's possible Lagoon just doesn't automatically credit. But no dice so far.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
If so, did it code as Hilton, like payments on the phone
I did paid with my Aspire card but it didn’t code as Hilton only 3x honor pts.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Based on a Flyertalk post I searched for resort properties that require a deposit but are cancellable/changeable to apply expiring Aspire resort credits. It appears that a number of Vegas resorts require a first night deposit.

Is this deposit requirement new? I seem to recall booking and they only required a credit card. However, I have mainly booked points reservations on Hilton.com and haven't paid cash for a room for a while.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
nowaker I got our resort credit in Jan. But because the benefit renews with card anniversary date, I should be able to get it again between anniversary date and 12/31?

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
nowaker I got our resort credit in Jan. But because the benefit renews with card anniversary date, I should be able to get it again between anniversary date and 12/31?

My wife's Aspire renewed around 11/20. I processed a charge at Elara a few days later and it hadn't creditted by 12/10, so I made a payment against a different deed and that did credit a few days later.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: W. 57th, Vegas Strip
DVC: Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club villas
My wife's Aspire renewed around 11/20. I processed a charge at Elara a few days later and it hadn't creditted by 12/10, so I made a payment against a different deed and that did credit a few days later.
mrs. brp's is Dec. 23, so we just made a payment for Blvd. We may have to track this with them into the new year.

Cheers.

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
Correct. If anniversary is, say 12/15, then you can use it in 2023 and still get the credit. Txn has to post in 2023, and you're golden.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We both paid for Blvd. on 12/29. The credits have shown up for us in the past in 1-2 days. Maybe 3. This is taking longer.
I will call on Monday and see what I can do to work past the "8-12" week comment and get things expedited. Any recent Blvd. payments/credits?

Cheers.

tah

TUG Member
Reaction score
We both paid for Blvd. on 12/29. The credits have shown up for us in the past in 1-2 days. Maybe 3. This is taking longer.
I will call on Monday and see what I can do to work past the "8-12" week comment and get things expedited. Any recent Blvd. payments/credits?

Cheers.
Yes. Paid $250 on 11/10. Posted as HGV LV BLVD VAC HOA LAS VEGAS NV. Received $250 credit ("old" benefit) on 11/15. My card anniversary is early November

Recently paid the balance but too soon to know if the new $200 credit will apply. The tracker shows no movement but the payment only posted on 1/4.

FWIW, my annual fee (posted 12/1) was $450 as expected. And I received the $50 airline reimbursement for 2023Q4 for a United Travel Bank purchase. This is a great year to be holding the card -- I am in the thumbs up camp wrt the changes.

raddoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Blvd MF charge posted on 1/5 as: HILTON GRAND VACATIONS CLUB ON THE LAS VEGAS STRIP

This is different from how @tah had their charge post. I'm definitely looking for more data points this year to see if the MFs will still trigger the resort credit after January 1.

Last edited:

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
My Blvd MF charge posted on 1/5 as: HILTON GRAND VACATIONS CLUB ON THE LAS VEGAS STRIP

This is different from @tah had their charge posted. I'm definitely looking for more data points this year to see if the MFs will still trigger the resort credit.
Ours did for Blvd, both the $250 aspire and the $50 surpass that we paid in Nov. I have paid the remainder of our Blvd MF this week so I should see credits for $200 for each Aspire and $50 for each Surpass but the credits have not hit yet. Just to add, I used 4 cards for Blvd in Nov and just paid the credit amount which were all credited. I did the same for 3 of the cards this week and then used the 4th card to pay the rest...so we should have 8 credits....for just our Blvd MFs. Our Craig is just the 14x since we are getting the resort credit via Blvd

tah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Both "HGV LV BLVD VAC HOA LAS VEGAS NV" and "HILTON GRAND VACATIONS CLUB ON THE LAS VEGAS STRIP" appear on my charges, but they "post as" the former.

Web and Mobile view of the transactions:

Capture.JPG
Screenshot_20240106-101606.png

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score

Cheers.

I don't think it's just the resort credits that is delayed, all my AMEX transactions that normally gets credited back pretty quick that are reimbursed such as Hulu, Peacock TV, resort credit, airline credits, etc on various AMEX cards since 12/20 hasn't been reimbursed yet.

Still wait for everything, but if you decide to call and help get things pushed along faster, we wouldn't mind as it will probably help out the rest of us still waiting. I will just wait, I had Saks credit take over 2 months before it automatically got reimbursed. I almost called on that one, but ended up not having to.

Good Luck with Amex customer service!

Great3

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I use Chat.

It's taking about 9 days for my resort credits with 2 holidays in-btween. Just posted yesterday.

I do not like having to bird-dog these credits especially when it is reimbursing my AF and there was no delay or uncertainty in taking those payments.

I have a love-hate relationship with these cards. I now have a spreadsheet and quarterly calendar reminders set to max out the cards.

Last edited:

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
agree, no other card is such a PITA to get the reimbirsements. Lagoon apparently is always going to require manual intervention, now twice a year for two cards. and airfare now four times a year for two cards.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Cheers.

OK, coming back to this- both of our credits posted on 1/6. So, about 9 days with a holiday in between. Not too bad.

Cheers.

mikeyg76

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Kings’s Land
HGVC - Las Vegas Blvd
I paid mine on 1/1, I still have not seen my $200 credit. I paid both Blvd. and Kings Land.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Just credited $31 (5%) back and 3x Chase points in Chase Sapphire Hilton credit offer for W57 MF. It took about 10 days with holidays and weekends in-between to post.

GMan82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club
West 57th by Hilton Club
I’m still waiting on my $250 reimbursement for Elara on Dec 4. I did upgrade from surpass to Aspire end November so don’t really know if I’ll get it. I did get a Delta credit for $50 for a canceled to eCredit ticket. Just did this quarter’s yesterday so got some time still before that credit hit. They haven’t even put my annual fee on unless it will occur when my surpass card fee was scheduled to post.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
More than likely there's a huge batch of these, and Amex will process either in bunches, or they'll hit all at the same time. Same thing happens every year with Amex and BofA on their cards that offer things like this. End of Year and beginning of New Year always a larger delay.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
And here's the Flyertalk links to the segregrated threads:
Airline reimbursements:

and the Hilton reimbursements: