• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Amex Hilton Changes

raddoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Credit posted today from a Boulevard charge on 1/5, in line with the 9-10 days that others have reported.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: W. 57th, Vegas Strip
DVC: Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club villas
Credit posted today from a Boulevard charge on 1/5, in line with the 9-10 days that others have reported.

1/5 UA TB charge from 1/5 very explicitly did not post today...

Cheers.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
1/5 UA TB charge from 1/5 very explicitly did not post today...

Cheers.
OK, it posted on 1/15, but was dates to 1/14, so 9 days just like everything else, even if the actual posting was the following early morning.

Edit: BTW, occurred to me that this thread is about the Aspire card, of course. The above was on a Plat (used Aspire for an AS ticket), but the DP is relevant as it seems to apply across the Amex brands with flight credits, even though the rules are now different across different cards (tickets versus "other charges.")

Cheers.

Last edited:

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, I stopped getting emails from Amex/hilton about the anniversary certificate when it is ready and posted to my account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
Also, I stopped getting emails from Amex/hilton about the anniversary certificate when it is ready and posted to my account.

Do you mean the FNC? If so, it is in your HH account.

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you mean the FNC? If so, it is in your HH account.

Yes, but in the past they used to send an email when it’s ready. Also sometimes it doesn’t show up on your account. You need to call HH to confirm it’s there.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, but in the past they used to send an email when it’s ready. Also sometimes it doesn’t show up on your account. You need to call HH to confirm it’s there.

It has been a while since I have received an email for them but they are shown in our account.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
IIRC, we used to get emails saying that it was "on the way," but it was not in the account yet. Just a heads up to look. I might recall an actual "it's there" email, but that is more hazy in memory.

I keep track of all things hotel on a spreadsheet, and one thing is for certificates (we receive certs from Hilton and Marriott via credit cards and Hyatt via credit cards and spend), so I know just when I'm expecting all of the date-based certs as they come around the same time every year.

Then I track when I use them to make sure that none go unused. We get about 10 hotel certs a year, so tacking them is a must for me.

Cheers.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
IIRC, we used to get emails saying that it was "on the way," but it was not in the account yet. Just a heads up to look. I might recall an actual "it's there" email, but that is more hazy in memory.
Back when dinosaurs roamed the earth ;-) Hilton did indeed send an email when you got a Weekend Night Reward...because the only record you ever received of it was that email. And when you called to make the reservation you had to give them the number contained therein since there was no record of it (that you could see) in your account.

Zenichiro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Casa Yabel
So strange. I waited until Jan 1st to book a United flight knowing I would get my $50 Asire credit and also apply my travelbank credit and Jan 10th I get my $50 plus $250? Not complaining but didn’t know we would still get both? I for sure used my $250 last year.

Attachments

• IMG_3306.jpeg
    IMG_3306.jpeg
    74.8 KB · Views: 14

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
Alaska gc purchased 1/5 and credited 1/14

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
So strange. I waited until Jan 1st to book a United flight knowing I would get my $50 Asire credit and also apply my travelbank credit and Jan 10th I get my $50 plus $250? Not complaining but didn’t know we would still get both? I for sure used my $250 last year.
I somehow got two $50 airfare credits on one of my Aspire cards after booking two tickets. They'll likely figure it out and cancel one. I had used my $250 last year.

GMan82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club
West 57th by Hilton Club
Did this quarter’s Delta purchase for the eCredit on 1/4. The credit posted 1/13 to my amex account.

Details: I found a $78 1-way and purchased it. I then waited 24h to pass the refund window, therefore all cancellations become eCredits. Success.

I wonder if there’s a different way to do this on Delta so that I don’t have to overshoot the $50 credit.

Zenichiro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Casa Yabel
I somehow got two $50 airfare credits on one of my Aspire cards after booking two tickets. They'll likely figure it out and cancel one. I had used my $250 last year.
Yea I don’t get it but will take it. Lol

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did this quarter’s Delta purchase for the eCredit on 1/4. The credit posted 1/13 to my amex account.

Details: I found a $78 1-way and purchased it. I then waited 24h to pass the refund window, therefore all cancellations become eCredits. Success.

I wonder if there’s a different way to do this on Delta so that I don’t have to overshoot the $50 credit.
We've done the same thing. Even though we overshot, we used it.

In mrs. brp's case, she bought a ticket for about that amount, waited more than 24 hours. She still got the refund for the ticket and the credit. I do not advocate scamming in this way and this was not intentional as she should just have gotten an eCredit since it was more than 24 hours.

Going forward, we're looking at $75 AS tickets. We spend enough with them that the $25 overshoot per quarter won't matter.

Cheers.

GMan82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club
West 57th by Hilton Club
We've done the same thing. Even though we overshot, we used it.

In mrs. brp's case, she bought a ticket for about that amount, waited more than 24 hours. She still got the refund for the ticket and the credit. I do not advocate scamming in this way and this was not intentional as she should just have gotten an eCredit since it was more than 24 hours.

Going forward, we're looking at $75 AS tickets. We spend enough with them that the $25 overshoot per quarter won't matter.

Cheers.
Yeah it’s the same with me and Delta. I’ve already used the eCredits from Dec and this month against another ticket

If a refund shows up on your card, won’t they eventually take away the credit?

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yeah it’s the same with me and Delta. I’ve already used the eCredits from Dec and this month against another ticket

If a refund shows up on your card, won’t they eventually take away the credit?
Reports of people doing this with WN over several years, before regular tickets were allowed, seem to point to "no, they will not claw back the credits." But they could.

With the AS tickets we bought to cancel and apply as credit, we're waiting longer to make sure that it works within the rules of the program.

Cheers.

bcoh630

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara
I have an Elara TS.
Question - do i just pay the Elara MF via the HGV website billing system. Will that generate the 14x HH points and the $200 credit with my Aspire card. Or do I need to pay the MF directly with the Elara.
thanks

bcoh630

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara
I forgot to add - I paid $500 of the Elara MF in late Dec. My $250 Hilton Resort credit was already used but I still haven't seen any HH 14x points for the $500 payment with Aspire. Am I doing something wrong?
thanks again

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I forgot to add - I paid $500 of the Elara MF in late Dec. My $250 Hilton Resort credit was already used but I still haven't seen any HH 14x points for the $500 payment with Aspire. Am I doing something wrong?
thanks again
You pay via the HGV portal. Just log into your HGVC account and go to the HOA section to pay. It will generate the 14x and credit when it clears Amex. It takes about 9 days.

Last edited:

Zenichiro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Casa Yabel
I’m thinking since the new credits take place Feb 1st we still have the $250 airline to use in Jan. Glad I used mine

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’m thinking since the new credits take place Feb 1st we still have the $250 airline to use in Jan. Glad I used mine
Pretty sure that the new credits started Jan 1. We had used our $250 last year, got $50 last quarter as an early start. A charge in January generated another $50, so this would seem to be the Q1 credit starting Jan 1 since all other credit had been used.

Cheers.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I have two Aspire credit cards and it was duplicated only on one so I'm pretty sure it's an error.

Zenichiro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Casa Yabel
Pretty sure that the new credits started Jan 1. We had used our $250 last year, got $50 last quarter as an early start. A charge in January generated another $50, so this would seem to be the Q1 credit starting Jan 1 since all other credit had been used.

Cheers.
Yes you are correct it was the new annual fee that takes effect in Feb. The new annual membership fee will be charged on your next renewal date on or after February 1, 2024.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I am happy to report that I received our $200 x 2 resort credits at the Waldorf ($400 onsite for food purchases). We don't own any timeshares that qualify as Hilton resorts so I wasn't sure how to spend. We were also able to set up a deposit with the resort for our 2023 resort credits in late 2023 and received the full $250 credit x 2 for that.

In addition to 16x for Cabo Azul spend (reported in Diamond thread), I was credited $150 for a spend $750 in MX amex offer. The credit posted in 2 days once the spending threshold was reached. Cabo Azul has a $400 RCI/II resort fee so it was nice to get a discount on that junk fee.

In the future, we will keep the Aspires for the FNCs and use the $200 resort credits to apply against our 3x FNC nights because food and pool drinks are expensive at these resorts.

Last edited: