• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Amex Hilton Changes

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
@Gman. I am still missing credits against charges made at the Elara front desk upon checkout during a recent stay. Received 14x. Now waiting the dreaded "12 weeks" per customer service to follow up on the credit since not posted for 20 days.

Not liking how I need to watch out for all of these credits. This might cause us to downgrade or cancel. However this may be an outcome of the switch from $250 this year to the $200 in that perhaps all need to be manually reviewed and processed.
Same issue with LV Blvd. Paid MF on 12/04, still did not get the $250 resort credit. Will have to wait 12 weeks.....

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
Same issue with LV Blvd. Paid MF on 12/04, still did not get the $250 resort credit. Will have to wait 12 weeks.....
I paid Blvd and received the resort credit pretty quickly

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
For my Kohala suites MF I partially paid using my Aspire cars that had a $250 credit left. 10 days later, I get the old $250 credit and the new $50 credit for this quarter. A nice mix up in my favor.

Anyone know if Bay Club still triggers the credit? I got four Aspire cards for $800 credit come Jan 1 2024. What I owe in MF on the Kohala is less than the $800 and would want to use it all up by paying towards another MF at Bay Club. Which did work in the years past but is no longer on the Resort list.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
For my Kohala suites MF I partially paid using my Aspire cars that had a $250 credit left. 10 days later, I get the old $250 credit and the new $50 credit for this quarter. A nice mix up in my favor.

Anyone know if Bay Club still triggers the credit? I got four Aspire cards for $800 credit come Jan 1 2024. What I owe in MF on the Kohala is less than the $800 and would want to use it all up by paying towards another MF at Bay Club. Which did work in the years past but is no longer on the Resort list.

We got the $250 on my older Aspire card, my wife's new Aspire card, $50 on my Surpass and my son's Surpass. I am waiting until after Jan 1st to pay the rest. Your $50 is for the Surpass though, not the Aspire, right? The new Aspire benefit is $200 per half year starting in January.

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I paid Blvd and received the resort credit pretty quickly
Did you pay on an earlier date, say sometime in early-mid Nov.? I think there's something going on with Amex system lately that isn't auto-crediting late Nov to Dec payments, as it seems like we all playing the waiting game.

Great3

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
We got the $250 on my older Aspire card, my wife's new Aspire card, $50 on my Surpass and my son's Surpass. I am waiting until after Jan 1st to pay the rest. Your $50 is for the Surpass though, not the Aspire, right? The new Aspire benefit is $200 per half year starting in January.
Sorry got mixed up a little. Received $250 Aspire credit for the MF at Kohala 2 weeks ago.

I got the $250 for United travel bank and that triggered the old $250 credit and the new $50 travel credit every quarter. So got $300 credit for charging $250 on United.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did you pay on an earlier date, say sometime in early-mid Nov.? I think there's something going on with Amex system lately that isn't auto-crediting late Nov to Dec payments, as it seems like we all playing the waiting game.

Great3
Yes, in Nov. Hopefully, my complaining about Craig Lodges didn't break the system. They are finally going to credit us the difference between the 3x and 14x, that required 3 different chat sessions. I have told them that there is an issue between the Hilton system and Amex because some properties are not showing up.... Even legit ones.

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score

Great3

Well, finally today, my Southwest Airline purchases on Nov. 20th auto credited. So, even though I got the 2nd Aspire card after the Oct. 19th announcement, I got the $250 resort credit, the $250 airline incidental credits, and the $50 new airline credit, for the $550 in membership fee paid this year for the new card.

Next year, will go for the $400 resort credit, and $200 airline credit. Although lots of people on flyertalk forum said this change is bad for them, it's essentially the same to me, except for this year, where it's extra good since the old credits/benefits still work for the new Aspire card, despite being told by AMEX customer service rep that I won't get them for getting the card after the announcment changes.

Great3

Last edited:

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
My December statement just closed. My 2023 resort credit was triggered back in Sept for our stay at HHV. However I am going pay my Elara MF this week, juts in case they somehow give me the new credit...... But i don't expect that to actually happen... Will pay our Kingsland MF in Jan for the 2024 credit.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Received the $250 Resort credit for Elara purchases during a stay. The credits came through upon statement closing. 23 days from expense to credit.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: W. 57th, Vegas Strip
DVC: Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club villas
Received the $250 Resort credit for Elara purchases during a stay. The credits came through upon statement closing. 23 days from expense to credit.

We for about $170 on mrs. brp's card for actual charges at Kings' Land. Will apply the rest of hers, plus mine, to MFs.

Cheers.

GMan82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club
West 57th by Hilton Club
Lol it was actually ATL-BNA. I’ll keep an eye out. They’re probably inundated.
Well, I had to call Amex for a different reason, but decided to ask about the $50 and $250 credits. She said I had to enroll in the benefit for the airline, so I chose delta. I wonder if the enrollment means this is for the original incidental fee benefit for your chosen airline. She said I had had until Dec 31. If it’s for incidentals then it makes no sense for me now since as medallion I don’t pay for seat selection or bags and I don’t pay on board for food. I wonder if seat upgrades trigger the credit?

With regards to my $250 charge towards Elara MF, posted as “Hilton LV52 Cond HOA,” she said it qualifies for the $250 credit and it will take 4-8 weeks to show up on my card. So let’s see 🤞

GMan82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club
West 57th by Hilton Club
Update!!!
Today a $50 credit for Delta just showed up on my card! Because I spent $78 on that refunded to eCredit ticket, and got a $50 credit, this must be the new benefit of $50/qtr. This took 8 days.

I’m still waiting to see if the $250 shows up.

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
Finally had the $250 Resort credit post to my wife's account from a partial Valdoro MF payment about a week ago. Elara partial payment never credited from Nov payment, which I'm pretty sure was just after her anniversary date. Looks like I'll just pay more Valdoro on 1/1/24 to grab the first half $200 credits for next year.

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
Repasta of a repasta from HGVC Facebook group:

May be an image of money and text that says 'American Express Hilton Honors Card Holders Matt Carbajal 42m Just a data point. I forget who referenced it in this group but I have the surpass (assuming aspire works as well) and got a Hilton gift card online for $50 and it triggered the credit. Easy way to use the credits if you're not visiting a Hilton property each Q'

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I also just learned renewal dates on 2 of our 4 Aspires is mid-November and mid-December... Just paid another $250 towards 2024 MFs. :)

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: W. 57th, Vegas Strip
DVC: Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club villas
Repasta of a repasta from HGVC Facebook group:

May be an image of money and text that says 'American Express Hilton Honors Card Holders Matt Carbajal 42m Just a data point. I forget who referenced it in this group but I have the surpass (assuming aspire works as well) and got a Hilton gift card online for $50 and it triggered the credit. Easy way to use the credits if you're not visiting a Hilton property each Q''American Express Hilton Honors Card Holders Matt Carbajal 42m Just a data point. I forget who referenced it in this group but I have the surpass (assuming aspire works as well) and got a Hilton gift card online for $50 and it triggered the credit. Easy way to use the credits if you're not visiting a Hilton property each Q'

There are several reports of the same toward the end of the relevant thread on Flyertalk. Even though this is an Aspire thread, the experiences are for Surpass, just like your example.

Cheers.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
... looks like you misspelled "gobbledygook."

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Has anyone paid 2024 Coylumbridge MFs with either AmEx Asprire or Surpass CCs? I want to know if you received either the 14x/12x Hilton Honors pt credit.
More on that note... Has anyone paid Coy MFs via their member portal? (@GT75?) If so, did it code as Hilton, like payments on the phone do?

1703701572181.png

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
I also just learned renewal dates on 2 of our 4 Aspires is mid-November and mid-December... Just paid another $250 towards 2024 MFs. :)
i tried that as well but it has not led to a credit thus far

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
i tried that as well but it has not led to a credit thus far
I got it. Worked as expected, and it was double checked with chat support beforehand.

Moreover, live chat rep once told me I still had credit left for previous annual period that I then relied on and paid $250 for MF. I didn't get the credit after 3 weeks, CS rep told me I actually had used it earlier in the year, but I complained about it since I was given that information first hand and acted based on that, they filed a ticket, and got it credited 2 weeks later. That means Amex gave me $500 in resort credits on one of my cards because of rep's fault. Remarkable customer service.