• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Amex Hilton Changes

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I also used mine. Unlike other Amex Aspire credits, the Clear credit showed up right away on my statement

raddoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
A bit off topic regarding Clear. Anyone having second thoughts about continuing to use Clear after they make using facial recognition mandatory? Took me a long time to get comfortable with the idea of a private company having bio-metric information. I'm not liking the idea of enrolling in mandatory facial recognition.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Not really. AI can take this from a driver's license, passport, or your LinkedIn profile. The U.S. immigration service already has your image if you have ever used Global Entry to return to the USA, they now quickly ID you on the kiosk before you enter any info, and whisk you out of there. It is a bit unnerving the first time this happened.

GMan82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club
West 57th by Hilton Club
My surpass card already converted to aspire on the Amex website and Apple wallet so today I put $250 against my Elara maintenance fee to see if I still qualify for the old $250 credit. I’ll report back if I see something.

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
A bit off topic regarding Clear. Anyone having second thoughts about continuing to use Clear after they make using facial recognition mandatory? Took me a long time to get comfortable with the idea of a private company having bio-metric information. I'm not liking the idea of enrolling in mandatory facial recognition.
Yep, had second thoughts and third and fourth ones as well. I have avoided facial recognition, fingerprints for phones etc. but am realizing it is futile. The cat is SO out of the bag with that these days.

Last edited:

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
My surpass card already converted to aspire on the Amex website and Apple wallet so today I put $250 against my Elara maintenance fee to see if I still qualify for the old $250 credit. I’ll report back if I see something.
What date did you convert? There's a cutoff date for applicability of the old $250 credit. If you converted after October something, you won't get it.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: W. 57th, Vegas Strip
DVC: Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club villas
What date did you convert? There's a cutoff date for applicability of the old $250 credit. If you converted after October something, you won't get it.
I thought this as well. However, I've seen reports from people who applied after the Oct. 19 date and still got the $250, plus the $50. Not sure if it works the same for a conversion.

Cheers.

JohnnyO

TUG Member
Reaction score
NVM ... I found the online application on the Hilton Honors web site. Thanks.

We currently have the Hilton Amex Surpass Card. We would like to cancel that card so we can apply for the Hilton Amex Aspire Card as we feel the benefits are worth it being we are a "Hilton" family. On ThePointsGuy review of the Aspire Amex ( https://thepointsguy.com/credit-cards/american-express/reviews/hilton-amex-aspire-review/ ) it lists a 180,000 HH points bonus after the first $6000 in charges put on the card. Obviously we would like to take advantage of that offer but cannot find an on-line link for the application offering this. Do any of you have the link, if needed, or a referral link and have you done this successfully? Any other advice on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

JohnnyO

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did a search for the comparison of the Aspire and Surpass cards and didn't see the CLEAR benefit listed on the Aspire.

I was trying to decide whether to cancel my card, keep it, or have Rick apply for it. He wasn't impressed with any of the benefits I listed for the card from the comparison chart, and the cost was a lot, considering we don't own Hilton points. The Clear intrigued him, yet it's not listed as a benefit.
Did you see this comparison?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
Just went to the Amex chat and had them add the flight incidents for my wife's card now we will need to figure out how to spend it before 12/31. We already used the new $50 flight credit but now trying for the $250 incidentals. I just bought a $95 Delta gift card to see if it works...to stay under $100. Here is the email that my wife received after the chat session.

1701730224444.png

GMan82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
West 57th by Hilton Club
I thought this as well. However, I've seen reports from people who applied after the Oct. 19 date and still got the $250, plus the $50. Not sure if it works the same for a conversion.

Cheers.
Yep, so I’m testing it. Still shows as a pending charge. I put exactly $250. If it doesn’t work, I’ll just pay the rest of it after Jan 1.

GMan82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
West 57th by Hilton Club
Just went to the Amex chat and had them add the flight incidents for my wife's card now we will need to figure out how to spend it before 12/31. We already used the new $50 flight credit but now trying for the $250 incidentals. I just bought a $95 Delta gift card to see if it works...to stay under $100. Here is the email that my wife received after the chat session.

View attachment 85219
I’m interested to know if this works.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
Yep, so I’m testing it. Still shows as a pending charge. I put exactly $250. If it doesn’t work, I’ll just pay the rest of it after Jan 1.
According to others, some of the GCs only work if they are under $100...hence my $95 try. I have tried if for $100 before but it didn't work on Delta. The $250 perk ends 12/31 though...then it will only be the quarterly $50.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: W. 57th, Vegas Strip
DVC: Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club villas
According to others, some of the GCs only work if they are under $100...hence my $95 try. I have tried if for $100 before but it didn't work on Delta. The $250 perk ends 12/31 though...then it will only be the quarterly $50.
from what I have seen, GCs, in any denomination, stopped working for pretty much everyone several years back. Tickets on WN under about $107 were working after that.

Cheers.

Lodemia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Craigendarroch(2),Coylumbridge(5),Boulevard(4),Kings'Land(1),W 57th(1),District(2)
Just to add my experience, added a second aspire nov 2, got the $250 resort credit and $50 incidentals right away (about a week). Changed my airline through chat and will try for the $250 united travel bank (transaction date 11/29)

free2travel

Reaction score
What is the $50 incidentals ? airlines? I thought that was specifically changed to tickets, not incidentals? other than maybe travel bank? Did I get something backwards?
have any other "incidentals" been proven to trigger that yet? On my list to do, but have procrastinated.
and I assume "GC" is gift card? but "WN"?? so many abbreviations throw me ... SMATM

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
What is the $50 incidentals ? airlines? I thought that was specifically changed to tickets, not incidentals? other than maybe travel bank? Did I get something backwards?
have any other "incidentals" been proven to trigger that yet? On my list to do, but have procrastinated.
and I assume "GC" is gift card? but "WN"?? so many abbreviations throw me ... SMATM

Yes GC is indeed Giftcard. WN is the airline code for Southwest. Not the most intuitive, but its what they chose many years ago.

free2travel

Reaction score
thnx, 1K, inkling that might be the non-intuitive answer. guess that was when NW itself still existed? 1LATTM

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
thnx, 1K, inkling that might be the non-intuitive answer. guess that was when NW itself still existed? 1LATTM

Sure thing, The code SW is used for Air Nambia, which was originally known as Suid-Wes Lugdiens [South-West Airservice])

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
My question now, is what is IATA code for Air Hawaiian? :)

Great3

Last edited: