• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2021] Deceptive Practice [a broker] - Deceptive Practice

Ekaufman11

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbour
It has been three days since your broker reached out to Bill. What did he say? Can you please confirm what unit # you have for sale? Is it 113?
Same Unit. And he spoke to bill. Bill has yet to call me or respond here. What bill did isn’t right and he is dealing with my broker now. The real problem is that if he just posted it at the same price. I wouldn’t of said anything but to post it lower making it look like i am selling it lower isn’t ethical

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
BUYER/SELLER beware
I have discovered my timeshare unit which is for sale with Don Heisler, keywesttimeshares.com, was listed on REDWEEK by a Bill Gabrielli for less money. This person does not have any authorization from myself or Mr. Heisler to list my unit. I wanted to make you all aware that you should check Redweek as there are many listings with Bill Gabrielli under pricing these units for sale, yours might be one of them. I have contacted Redweek as well as Mr. Heisler. We lost a possible sale due to his undermining.

How do you know it was your timeshare? Maybe he has the same week with someone else?

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Is it exactly the same unit? Same unit number and fixed week? Maybe I'm dense but how could he close the sale? You would have to be part of the contract. I just don't see how he could sell your unit without your participation.

I am confused too as to how he could sell your unit without you being involved? Also why would he target your unit? Does he know you and did you disclose your unit and week to him?

RX8

Timeshare Scam Investigator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Same Unit. And he spoke to bill. Bill has yet to call me or respond here. What bill did isn’t right and he is dealing with my broker now. The real problem is that if he just posted it at the same price. I wouldn’t of said anything but to post it lower making it look like i am selling it lower isn’t ethical

You just keep saying same unit. Is yours week 14 and unit 113 and are you claiming Bill is advertising the same week and same unit?

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am confused too as to how he could sell your unit without you being involved? Also why would he target your unit? Does he know you and did you disclose your unit and week to him?

Everyone has said just that. Regardless who may list the unit or who may sell the unit, he or she could not complete the sale without this person being involved.

But, as we all know.

"It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone."

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stop posting it? Why? It’s basically here to let people know what is going on with the system. It is causing an imbalance of pricing within the building and time shares. If more people are doing this than what is point of listing with a broker? People should watch everything when selling. This is just an example of the shady crap that goes on

Well, if you believe posting the same issue over and over again will actually solve something then please do so. I think YOU personally need to take action to resolve your problem so that it is no longer an issue.

You have been provided many suggestions here. We can't help those who won't help themselves.

Best of luck!

Last edited:

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
You just keep saying same unit. Is yours week 14 and unit 113 and are you claiming Bill is advertising the same week and same unit?
Yes that is what she said numerous times, and the screenshots appear to show this.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
How do you know it was your timeshare? Maybe he has the same week with someone else?
Same week and unit. There are not two of those at a resort.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
She thinks he is listing units from her broker's page at lower amounts. Did you read this thread?

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Everyone has said just that. Regardless who may list the unit or who may sell the unit, he or she could not complete the sale without this person being involved.

But, as we all know.

"It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone."
I've commented above that it does not directly affect her, as only she can sell her unit. But, it could affect the market by making buyers believe that is the going price or having a bad taste in their mouths that the unit was not really available, or other indirect effects. I think OP is likely more upset because the unit can't be sold at her price, and she is trying to find someone to blame.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Yes that is what she said numerous times, and the screenshots appear to show this.

Actually, the OP has not even once stated what their unit number was. All we have are screen shots. One shows "113" and the other shows "113/423".

The OP has a right to vent, and maybe there is something to this, but many people have asked the OP questions that for whatever reason are never answered.

The OP stated that Redweek started an investigation on Tuesday and as of now the ad is still up.

Last edited:

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, the OP has not even once stated what their unit number was. All we have are screen shots. One shows "113" and the other shows "113/423".

The OP has a right to vent, and maybe there is something to this, but many people have asked the OP questions that for whatever reason are never answered.

Not quite true. In their first post (or 2nd) the OP stated they listed:
"I have discovered my timeshare unit which is for sale with Don Heisler, keywesttimeshares.com "

Go to then post #11 and the OP posted a screenshot from keywesttimeshares.com which is unit #113 (their unit).

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
"I have discovered my timeshare unit which is for sale with Don Heisler, keywesttimeshares.com "

Go to then post #11 and the OP posted a screenshot from keywesttimeshares.com which is unit #113 (their unit).
The question that still remains, is the Redweek listing for unit 113 or unit 423?

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC

I will still say that I am essentially correct when I say that the OP hasn't' stated what their unit is but I see your point. Bill's ad says "113/423" so what is really that ad's unit number?

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
She thinks he is listing units from her broker's page at lower amounts. Did you read this thread?

Yes I read the thread but it does not make any sense as to why Bill would post her unit for sale.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
The question that still remains, is the Redweek listing for unit 113 or unit 423?
No question it is for both. Look at post #64 and then click on the ad. It shows:
1612574778191.png

Again, I still maintain the FACTS here are really not in dispute. Bill has listed her week on Redweek stating she reduced the price $2,000 and a different price than her broker's site. She says she never authorized this. This does not seem above board to me.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highland Inn
DVC Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points

So he spoke to Bill.

What did Bill say?

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what strategy could be at work. If I were to speculate on this case, a typo or some confusion is the likely culprit.

Anyway.....

Perhaps the broker puts the units with inflated values on one website to appease the sellers or catch someone who just came out of a developer sales meeting. The broker knows these inflated listings rarely get offers, but they look great for sellers.

Then the broker puts the same unit on another website with a price that is more realistic. That listing does generate some offers, and the low-ball price doesn't upset the seller who doesn't know about this listing.

When the broker gets an offer for the cheap listing, he brings it to the buyer and says "well, the good news is we have an offer, the bad news is that it's low."

With no other offers, perhaps then the seller will decide to take the cheaper offer and the broker will get paid. Or the seller could reject the offer and the unit will sit longer.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highland Inn
MVC Points
I'm trying to figure out what strategy could be at work.

Am I the only one who finds it annoying that broker A talked to broker B who presumably offered some kind of explanation which has likely been relayed to OP?

Yet we are all left to speculate still as to what that explanation might be.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
I still say this was a personal attack that has now shown to be false and malicious. I believe in fairness, and, as the person attacked has responded (outside of this thread as it was locked) and shown ALL the accusations to be false, TUG should change this thread title.

I get that the internet world is 'the wild west', but...

What's worse is this EKaufman11 who made the false personal accusations doesn't have the #%%## to come back on here and apologize to the TUG community and to the Brokers he maligned.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highland Inn
MVC Points
I still say this was a personal attack that has now shown to be false and malicious. I believe in fairness, and, as the person attacked has responded (outside of this thread as it was locked) and shown ALL the accusations to be false, TUG should change this thread title.

I get that the internet world is 'the wild west', but...

What's worse is this EKaufman11 who made the false personal accusations doesn't have the #%%## to come back on here and apologize to the TUG community and to the Brokers he maligned.

Where was Bills reply? I never saw it.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where was Bills reply? I never saw it.

No reply from Bill G. was ever posted in this thread, only a reference to someone else allegedly having had a conversation with him.

Oddly, earlier today I received a PM from Bill G. (ResaleExpert), despite having little interest and no direct involvement in this matter.
I suspect that Bill G. will (albeit belatedly) weigh in with his side of things, with this thread having now been "unlocked". :shrug:

Last edited:

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highland Inn
MVC Points
No reply from Bill G. was ever posted in this thread, just a reference to someone allegedly having had a conversation with him.

Oddly, earlier today I received a PM from Bill G. (ResaleExpert), despite having little interest and no involvement in this matter. I suspect that he will (albeit belatedly) weigh in with his side of things, with the thread having now been "unlocked". :shrug:

Well @Pathway’s post does say that the person attacked (Bill) has responded outside the thread, and has shown all allegations to be false. That does not sound like what was mentioned upthread. It sounds to me like Pathway is referencing some reply that Bill made elsewhere. It seems the theme of this thread is me being confused.