• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2021] Deceptive Practice [a broker] - Deceptive Practice

Ekaufman11

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbour
BUYER/SELLER beware
I have discovered my timeshare unit which is for sale with Don Heisler, keywesttimeshares.com, was listed on REDWEEK by a Bill Gabrielli for less money. This person does not have any authorization from myself or Mr. Heisler to list my unit. I wanted to make you all aware that you should check Redweek as there are many listings with Bill Gabrielli under pricing these units for sale, yours might be one of them. I have contacted Redweek as well as Mr. Heisler. We lost a possible sale due to his undermining.

Ekaufman11

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbour
The price Bill Gabrielli has it listed for on redweek without my authorization is less than my asking price and should be taken down immediately. This is Fraud

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
The price Bill Gabrielli has it listed for on redweek without my authorization is less than my asking price and should be taken down immediately. This is Fraud
Agents listing weeks for which they have no listing agreement has been discussed more than once in this forum. This is the first time someone used the work 'fraud' however. Please explain

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Wikipedia says this: fraud is intentional deception to secure unfair or unlawful gain, or to deprive a victim of a legal right.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Someonee who is not actually Bill Gabrielli at all might be using his name, although far more likely is that it is indeed the real Bill G. (inappropriately and very deceptively) listing "teaser" ads to solicit (i.e., troll for) prospective buyers. If so, that's just plain sleazy.

I do not know Bill Gabrielli from Adam's cat and have never met him, but I do know that he has been advertising and selling (Hyatt) Key West, FL timeshares for some years now (ironically, usually advertised at exorbitant prices). Something clearly ain't right here. :shrug:

Last edited:

Ekaufman11

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbour
I have my time share listed with The website above, this Mr Gabrielli person has the same time share listed for roughly 1500$ less than my asking without my authorization on Redweek. This in turn caused buyers to come to me and my broker with significantly less offer prices. This is fraud as it is not his time share and he does not have authorization to list my property for less! So if that is not an explanation for fraud please explain what is

Ekaufman11

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbour
Plus there are multiple other weeks timeshares listed on the above site and then cheaper on redweek with Bill Gabrielli attached to the redweek account.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Is it exactly the same unit? Same unit number and fixed week? Maybe I'm dense but how could he close the sale? You would have to be part of the contract. I just don't see how he could sell your unit without your participation.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Plus there are multiple other weeks timeshares listed on the above site and then cheaper on redweek with Bill Gabrielli attached to the redweek account.

I dunno, but I'm nonetheless sorry if you may have lost a sale as a result of whatever underhanded chicanery is going on there.

Last edited:

Ekaufman11

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbour
Is it exactly the same unit? Same unit number and fixed week? Maybe I'm dense but how could he close the sale? You would have to be part of the contract. I just don't see how he could sell your unit without your participation.

Same Unit same date. I have seen it with multiple units now. This is causing the pricing to go down on the time share offers and he is undermining the sale and process

Ekaufman11

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbour
DC60A2B4-4AB8-4EEC-9C0D-339C8FAB992E.jpeg

Attachments

• 24631639-CD14-442A-B233-FA42863A33AF.jpeg
    24631639-CD14-442A-B233-FA42863A33AF.jpeg
    46.5 KB · Views: 179

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC

Im with you on this one.

To the OP, how do you know his ad is your exact same unit? Could this be you selling a 2017 Honda Accord and this Bill guy just also happens to be selling another 2017 Honda Accord for $1500 less than yours?

Edited: I don’t see unit 423 on your ad?!?

Ekaufman11

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbour
Im with you on this one.

To the OP, how do you know his ad is your exact same unit? Could this be you selling a 2017 Honda Accord and this Bill guy just also happens to be selling another 2017 Honda Accord for $1500 less than yours?
See above. I just posted the pictures

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wikipedia says this: fraud is intentional deception to secure unfair or unlawful gain, or to deprive a victim of a legal right.

Hopefully, to fit with the OP's accusation, there is another definition, as that certainly doesn't fit here. As long as a sales agent brings an offer to the listing agent with the usual split in commission agreed to, there wouldn't seem to be 'unfair or unlawful gain, or to deprive a victim of a legal right'

Ekaufman11

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbour
Hopefully, to fit with the OP's accusation, there is another definition, as that certainly doesn't fit here. As long as a sales agent brings an offer to the listing agent with the usual split in commission agreed to, there wouldn't seem to be 'unfair or unlawful gain, or to deprive a victim of a legal right'

So let’s say you have a broker that lists your home for $300,000 and you have an exclusive with that broker. Then you see your same home on someone’s site who you don’t know for $250,000, how would you feel? Someone without your permission is listing your home for less than what your asking for without your permission. Extremely Deceptive

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone else can't sell your unit. You hold the deed. Some other seller could call you and claim they have found a buyer, but you can just hang up on them. You control your own property.

I think what is happening here is that there are many, many similar timeshare units for sale and this is likely just another one. Your name is not on the ad.

If this one is advertised for less it likely means yours is overpriced or the person selling it wants to get out fast. How much is your timeshare really worth? Do you know?

If you have your timeshare priced right it will sell. You will decide to sell.

Ekaufman11

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbour
Someone else can't sell your unit. You hold the deed. Some other seller could call you and claim they have found a buyer, but you can just hang up on them. You control your own property.

I think what is happening here is that there are many, many similar timeshare units for sale and this is likely just another one. Your name is not on the ad.

If this one is advertised for less it likely means yours is overpriced or the person selling it wants to get out fast. How much is your timeshare really worth? Do you know?

If you have your timeshare priced right it will sell. You will decide to sell.

It’s the Same time share. Look at the pics above

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those of us who buy/sell on an even less than routine basis, it is common knowledge that Redweek and other timeshare sales sites are full of ad's for which no such timeshare exists for that price. They are simply trolling for prospects.

Threads on TUG document the probable EBAY sales of weeks that don't appear to actually exist, but if a sale is made, the lister scurries out to the market place and tried to get a listing from a seller whose week matched the sale.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure why you are posting this issue here; your beef is with Redweek. Contact them directly and tell them to take the listing down. Provide them with the correct documentation that supports your position.

No fraud is actually committed until such time someone forges your name on your deed and takes the proceeds for his/her own personal gain. Right now it is very likely some type of deceptive or copied advertising.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
So let’s say you have a broker that lists your home for $300,000 and you have an exclusive with that broker. Then you see your same home on someone’s site who you don’t know for $250,000, how would you feel? Someone without your permission is listing your home for less than what your asking for without your permission. Extremely Deceptive

Whether or not I would be happy about it, ethics, etc put aside - I won't comment.

But you are accusing someone 'by name' 'in a very public forum' of FRAUD. I am simply asking questions as you better be able to back up that strong, legal accusation

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I can see how this is upsetting to the OP. however, I can’t imagine that someone, especially like Bill, who has a good reputation for selling Hyatt units would spend money on a redweek Listing for a lesser price without some affiliation with the listing broker. Are you sure that there isn’t something in your listing agreement that permits this? I agree something sounds very strange here, but I am sure there is a logical explanation. Perhaps it is a typo of the wrong week or unit number.

KProuty

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm glad he posted. If it is a mistake. The OP will post the resolution. If it isn't, it is good to know that stuff like this can happen.