• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Will this Covid spread continue to level down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope you realize, when somebody has occupied the same seat for 45 years... you have to be a good politician for that even if you do not actually belong to any party. But pictures do not lie, your attempt to whitewash him in this case only attracts more attention to the contrast between his statements and actions. I could argue that his wife was also not far enough from that person to take her mask down.

1595708241479.png

1595708217017.png

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
He threw out the first pitch. Now if you want to criticize his pitch you have a valid point.

Didnt see it.

So they can let people cram into an airplane for 5 hrs and fly but not sell any seats at an open air stadium, makes no sense, they could sell 10% of the seats and be less crowded than a coast to coast flight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Didnt see it.

So they can let people cram into an airplane for 5 hrs and fly but not sell any seats at an open air stadium, makes no sense, they could sell 10% of the seats and be less crowded than a coast to coast flight.

What part of this entire mess since January has made sense?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Air Travel is somewhat of a necessity. Sports is more of an entertainment issue. Think of Sports as an Amenity.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
Didnt see it.

I am guessing it is more the economics of this situation. The infrastructure to bring fans in is expensive. Unless they can get a lot of fans in it is not worth the risk. Their biggest revenue is tv and this year the ratings will be very high.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
They defied health rules for a storybook San Francisco wedding. The virus didn’t spare them.

Couldn't read the whole story without a subscription. I'm guessing it didn't end well.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Couldn't read the whole story without a subscription. I'm guessing it didn't end well.

Yup. The newlywed couple and at least eight others contracted C19. The church had posted signs that there should not be gatherings, yet they had the wedding with guests arriving via a back entrance. The city had a tip and sent someone to instruct them to move it outside.

I’m sure similar events are happening elsewhere. My neighbor emailed me this morning that they are hosting a birthday party (off site) tonight...and I’m not surprised, since they are classic examples of Karen and Kevin...but it’s infuriating. They are why we cannot control this epidemic. And yes, it violates local guidelines on gatherings.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Yup. The newlywed couple and at least eight others contracted C19. The church had posted signs that there should be gatherings, yet they had the wedding with guests arriving via a back entrance. The city had a tip and sent someone to instruct them to move it outside.

I’m sure similar events are happening elsewhere. My neighbor emailed me this morning that they are hosting a birthday party (off site) tonight...and I’m not surprised, since they are classic examples of Karen and Kevin...but it’s infuriating. They are why we cannot control this epidemic. And yes, it violates local guidelines on gatherings.

Oh I'm sure it's happening as well.

A friend of mine has assumed the position of co-president in an organization I'm active in. I have stepped back from a board position, but still get called on for advice and input. We have been meeting via Zoom but my friend decided she doesn't like meeting like that and wants to have a board meeting in person. She asked me if we could meet at the park. I reminded her that we are still prohibited from having gatherings over 5 people. Also there are several other board members (one married to a doctor) who are adamant about not meeting in person. My friend finally backed down, but left to her own devices I'm sure she could have called an in person meeting.

Brett

Reaction score
[Reproduction of entire copyrighted articles is not permitted by copyright law. Please review the section of the forum's Posting Rules dealing with copyrighted materials.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
@Brett thanks for posting the whole article.

I think people just don't think. Or think "it won't happen to me". Or think "I don't want my [whatever] spoiled.

A friend of mine posted some pictures of a wedding shower she attended. Someone posted asking where the masks were. She responded that everyone wore masks in, but took them off to eat. From the pictures I saw they must have been eating the entire time, even when they were playing games, etc., as I saw NO masks in any of the pictures posted.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I think people just don't think. Or think "it won't happen to me". Or think "I don't want my [whatever] spoiled.

Yes. Actually, I think it’s more of “those rules don’t apply to me, they only apply to everyone else”.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
In case it is not clear, I was responding to your comment. But do you know why what Dr Fauci did is extremely relevant to this thread? Because for four months people have been asked to give up their jobs, bankrupt their businesses, default on their mortgages, delay their surgeries, not see their loved ones, lock themselves at home, give up their kids' education for a while, just to name a few.

And what have they seen? The scientist from the London Imperial College visiting his mistress while the whole country was in shutdown at his recommendation. Chris Cuomo going out , talking to contractors while he had Covid. Andrew Cuomo, rarely wearing masks. Mayors and governors travelling freely with their families while others were in a shutdown. Protests being encouraged for political reasons. Dr Fauci being caught without a mask and basically lying about what actually happened. The list is endless. The hypocrisy and the double standard are appalling and have done nothing to make people more cooperative. The rules for a barber and for Dr Fauci are clearly different.
Couldn’t agree more.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Because for four months people have been asked to give up their jobs, bankrupt their businesses, default on their mortgages, delay their surgeries, not see their loved ones, lock themselves at home, give up their kids' education for a while, just to name a few.

And what have they seen? The scientist from the London Imperial College visiting his mistress while the whole country was in shutdown at his recommendation. Chris Cuomo going out , talking to contractors while he had Covid. Andrew Cuomo, rarely wearing masks. Mayors and governors travelling freely with their families while others were in a shutdown. Protests being encouraged for political reasons. Dr Fauci being caught without a mask and basically lying about what actually happened. The list is endless. The hypocrisy and the double standard are appalling and have done nothing to make people more cooperative. The rules for a barber and for Dr Fauci are clearly different.
Meanwhile in Sweden, there is none of this angst and duplicities, because the national epidemiologist was honest with the politicians and citizenry from the beginning.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

title

Sweden's lax COVID-19 response caused too many deaths, country's top epidemiologist says

Yeah, but it’s okay because he was honest and didn’t have political or practical reasons to say not to wear a mask...

ETA: leadership starts at the top. What message are Americans receiving by that not-so-consistent influence in regards to masks, safety, and Clorox?

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score

title

Sweden's lax COVID-19 response caused too many deaths, country's top epidemiologist says
And every other country "should have done more", too (with months of hindsight).

Sweden's death rate is not "Off the charts" as models in March predicted. Sweden did not "overload" their ICU beds and other "catastrophes" predicted by the "models." in March.

Sweden took a HUGE chance by not shutting down their society. Sure, "mistakes were made" (what country cannot say that). More and more, the statistics from Sweden show how ineffective a societal shutdown is in the face of a pandemic.

As US states or countries emerge from "shutdown" they are exposed to the same exponential curve of infection Sweden accepted from the beginning.

So shutdown until there is a WIDELY available vaccine, or accept what Sweden accepted from the beginning? Those are the current choices.

What we see, instead, in the US is flip-flop measures by Keystone Cops who are advised by "experts" who do not understand what the "experts" in Sweden understood from the beginning.

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
And every other country "should have done more", too (with months of hindsight).
I read the article at the time. It was the statement of an honest man. Virtually the only one who said that mistakes were also made. He was referring to protecting better the vulnerable, not about the overall strategy. The media though took what they needed from that interview and crucified him.

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Another interesting read on current vaccines.

Synopsis for @DeniseM
Of the early COVID19 vaccine results, it looks like only the BioNTech/Pfizer vaccine generates clear CD8+ T cell immunity. Anti SARSCoV2 CD8 T cell responses are likely to be particularly important part of immunity- but also particularly hard to generate. Is this an Spike epitope issue? Are these early vaccine efforts hampered in CD8 T cell response because immunization is limited to Spike (eg vs N)? Unfortunate that the Oxford/AZ vaccine didn't profile T cells as completely as BioNTech/Pfizer did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.