• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Will this Covid spread continue to level down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Ladies and Gents please keep this post on topic. Lay off of Fauci he is not the enemy.

Exactly. Sadly, it fits a certain perspective to not trust the scientists, the WHO, the CDC...or the numbers...or the classification of the deaths. I think it’s time for me to reread 1984.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I remember all that outrage you had over this.

View attachment 23990
I am glad you "remember" because I said there should be no political rallies, including demonstrations, until Covid is over. These people should have worn masks once they got there but they should have not been there in the first place. But I guess I can say that they were just drinking water ;)
By the way, a study showed that they did not contribute to the spread the virus but that is another story.

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just go away, you're making us Canadians look bad.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
I thought we Canadians embraced diversity of opinion. Telling people you do not agree with to go away would not exactly make too many Canadians proud.

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Going back to the main topic, today Delaware has passed Sweden in the number of deaths/ 1 million people.

cman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Going back to the main topic, today Delaware has passed Sweden in the number of deaths/ 1 million people.
Get off this obsession with Sweden. Want to look at a country that didn't shut down and managed to control the virus? Look to Asia. Taiwan did it, Vietnam did it, numerous others did it also. Sweden's numbers are some of the worst on the planet. Comparing them to American states borders on the ridiculous because damn near ever state in America also sucks. Cherry picking states, to compare against another country is not logical, a waste of time, and is pointless.

geekette

Reaction score
The OP, May 22

"...
Unfortunately in my opinion the virus is continuing to spread in the US and will start to ramp up again.
We are starting to see the spread increase in certain locations again. "

Correct. Devastating 2 months. In the US. About the US. No level down.

I don't remember who had overflowing ICU's back then, but it's happening now. I think it was a small town in southern Texas that is to the point of sending home people that have less chance of survival. Might be happening elsewhere, too, just the article I happened across. Possibly dozens like it.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Or maybe he just put down his water :rolleyes:
Then like the rest of us he should put his mask back up, not turn into the face of someone else and laugh and talk. Optics.....Gov Cuomo same thing, the guy hardly wears a mask.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Get off this obsession with Sweden. Want to look at a country that didn't shut down and managed to control the virus? Look to Asia. Taiwan did it, Vietnam did it, numerous others did it also. Sweden's numbers are some of the worst on the planet. Comparing them to American states borders on the ridiculous because damn near ever state in America also sucks. Cherry picking states, to compare against another country is not logical, a waste of time, and is pointless.
People there wear masks daily sick or not. In Vietnam they all cover their faces to protect from the sun to keep a light complexion. It’s about status. They cover everything, faces, heads, arms, legs to keep light. A tan says that you “work in the fields” hmm maybe masks work? I prefer masks. People can keep their stank to themselves

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Today's new items re Coronavirus pandemic:

VIRUS USA: More than 1,000 deaths for fourth day in row...

Virus Jumps 26 Feet...

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
Then like the rest of us he should put his mask back up, not turn into the face of someone else and laugh and talk. Optics.....Gov Cuomo same thing, the guy hardly wears a mask.
I believe he was. A still picture cannot tell you what he is doing. Also he says that the person was in his circle. But as I said this kind of demonization has led to death threats to him and his family. I hope neither of us has to face the type of scrutiny that taking a drink of water in the mid atlantic in late july is analyzed to death.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Worth reading in full, in my opinion.

—-

A Vaccine Reality Check
So much hope is riding on a breakthrough, but a vaccine is only the beginning of the end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe he was. A still picture cannot tell you what he is doing. Also he says that the person was in his circle. But as I said this kind of demonization has led to death threats to him and his family. I hope neither of us has to face the type of scrutiny that taking a drink of water in the mid atlantic in late july is analyzed to death.
How many of you would sit that close to anybody? Who is John who was sitting with Dr Fauci? Is there a new CDC guidance that people should not wear masks when talking 1 ft away from a friend or even be that close to anyone who is not in the same household?

No, he was not just drinking water, he was talking at a distance that is considered unsafe with someone from another household who was not even supposed to sit that close to him. He was taking a video. He was enjoying the game without a mask.

Can you name a public figure that has NOT received death threats? Has that stopped people (including contributors to this thread) from criticizing them?

Last edited:

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
How many of you would sit that close to anybody? Who is John who was sitting with Dr Fauci? Is there a new CDC guidance that people should not wear masks when talking 1 ft away from a friend or even be that close to anyone who is not in the same household?

No, he was not just drinking water, he was talking at a distance that is considered unsafe with someone from another household who was not even supposed to sit that close to him. He was taking a video. He was enjoying the game without a mask.

Can you name a public figure that has NOT received death threats? Has that stopped people (including contributors to this thread) from criticizing them?

see title of thread.

1595701114173.png

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I’m far more interested in how he was able to attend a baseball game, executive priviledge?

All I saw at the Dodgers game were a lot of cardboard cutouts! It was battle of the gingers with the Giants pitching Carrottops little brother against GOT Turner for the Dodgers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m far more interested in how he was able to attend a baseball game, executive priviledge?

All I saw at the Dodgers game were a lot of cardboard cutouts! It was battle of the gingers with the Giants pitching Carrottops little brother against GOT Turner for the Dodgers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
He threw out the first pitch. Now if you want to criticize his pitch you have a valid point.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
see title of thread.
In case it is not clear, I was responding to your comment. But do you know why what Dr Fauci did is extremely relevant to this thread? Because for four months people have been asked to give up their jobs, bankrupt their businesses, default on their mortgages, delay their surgeries, not see their loved ones, lock themselves at home, give up their kids' education for a while, just to name a few.

And what have they seen? The scientist from the London Imperial College visiting his mistress while the whole country was in shutdown at his recommendation. Chris Cuomo going out , talking to contractors while he had Covid. Andrew Cuomo, rarely wearing masks. Mayors and governors travelling freely with their families while others were in a shutdown. Protests being encouraged for political reasons. Dr Fauci being caught without a mask and basically lying about what actually happened. The list is endless. The hypocrisy and the double standard are appalling and have done nothing to make people more cooperative. The rules for a barber and for Dr Fauci are clearly different.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
In case it is not clear, I was responding to your comment. But do you know why what Dr Fauci did is extremely relevant to this thread? Because for four months people have been asked to give up their jobs, bankrupt their businesses, default on their mortgages, delay their surgeries, not see their loved ones, lock themselves at home, give up their kids' education for a while, just to name a few.

And what have they seen? The scientist from the London Imperial College visiting his mistress while the whole country was in shutdown at his recommendation. Chris Cuomo going out , talking to contractors while he had Covid. Andrew Cuomo, rarely wearing masks. Mayors and governors travelling freely with their families while others were in a shutdown. Protests being encouraged for political reasons. Dr Fauci being caught without a mask and basically lying about what actually happened. The list is endless. The hypocrisy and the double standard are appalling and have done nothing to make people more cooperative. The rules for a barber and for Dr Fauci are clearly different.

Dr Fauci treating ebola patients in 2015
1595702624297.png

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is what doctors do. Yet, what he did at the game, and lying about it was wrong despite your attempt to whitewash it. One thing he says in interviews, another thing he does in real life:

Q: When and where do you wear a mask?
Anthony S. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases: It dominates everything I do. The only time I don’t wear one is when I am alone, when I am home with my wife, or when I am speaking in public — provided there is 6 feet between me and the people to whom I am speaking

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is what doctors do. Yet, what he did at the game, and lying about it was wrong despite your attempt to whitewash it. One thing he says in interviews, another thing he does in real life:

Anthony S. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases: It dominates everything I do. The only time I don’t wear one is when I am alone, when I am home with my wife, or when I am speaking in public — provided there is 6 feet between me and the people to whom I am speaking
Dr Fauci receiving the Medal of Freedom from President Bush

1595703974331.png

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Unfortunately we have been going back up in Maryland after more than a more than a month of decreases. In terms of ICU beds we hit a high of 1700 in early May and then dropped down to the high 300's until 2 weeks ago and now we are ticking up almost every day and are at 544 today. It is harder to get a test. I guess because of more demand. This time last month I got a test when the testing rate was around 14,000 per day. I had my results in 4 days. Now the testing rate is a little over 22,000 with some days in the 30,000 but it now takes about 8 days to get the results.

krj9999

TUG Member
Reaction score

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

geekette

Reaction score
...Yet, what he did at the game, and lying about it was wrong despite your attempt to whitewash it. One thing he says in interviews, another thing he does in real life:

Yes, even Dr Fauci is not perfect. He had to remove his mask to drink water. He is a mortal like the rest of us. Someone got a photo of him without his mask up, so that somehow proves he does not walk his talk? Just him, his wife, and good friend in the stands. He's in his portable bubble. What is the problem?

To conclude that he was lying is a reach. A terrible, grotesque reach. Of all the people in the world talking smack, this is the guy you land this particular punch on??

Are you looking for him to be fired or what? What is his terrible crime here?

And, what the heck does it matter?

Can we please get back to being mad at the virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.