• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Will this Covid spread continue to level down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brett

Reaction score
A cool visual made in Tableau

I'm thinking the "cool" visual is a little misleading, population density is different - just like voting ! :oops:

statistical maps can li .. mislead .... .... - wow - most of the country doesn't have a coronavrius problem !!

coron.jpg

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
@Brett I don't think it's misleading at all -- that's that whole point of the map.

Brett

Reaction score
@Brett I don't think it's misleading at all -- that's that whole point of the map.

riiigghhhtt
the virus is not a problem in almost all of the country ... ;)
(according to your map)

but I suppose one could say ... what is the purpose of your map (from a statistics perspective)

Last edited:

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
The map demonstrates deaths per acre.
Similar to those maps that show how many acres voted for candidate A versus candidate B.

geekette

Reaction score
I’d also like to know how often “mild” or “asymptomatic” spread results in a severe case requiring hospitalization.
Yes. Wondering same thing as regards "second pass".

I am hoping to find out that if a person can be re-infected, that it is always a milder case than whatever they had originally. My fingers will have to be crossed for a really long time and hoping it isn't the other way around, second time you get it being worse.

Brett

Reaction score
The map demonstrates deaths per acre.
Similar to those maps that show how many acres voted for candidate A versus candidate B.

correct
land acres don't vote and deaths per acre for a virus may not be a relevant statistic :(

geekette

Reaction score
correct
land acres don't vote and deaths per acre for a virus may not be a relevant statistic :(
I am at 0 deaths for this 1.5 acres. My neighbor next door is also at 0 deaths for his 1.5 ac. Nobody is living on the other side of me, so another 0 for 1.5 ac. and so on for our neighborhood so far.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am at 0 deaths for this 1.5 acres. My neighbor next door is also at 0 deaths for his 1.5 ac. Nobody is living on the other side of me, so another 0 for 1.5 ac. and so on for our neighborhood so far.
And that's a good thing, no matter what color it is.

Conan

TUG Member
Reaction score
100,000 deaths in 2,000,000,000 acres.
Only 1 death in 20,000 acres.
USA!! USA!!

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
May I ask this one question? What is going to happen on New Year's Eve around the world on January 1, 2021?

What will Time Square in New York City look liked, or London, or Paris, or Moscow, or Tokyo, South Africa, or Brazil. COVID-19 you have created one huge problem on earth. IMHO.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
May I ask this one question? What is going to happen on New Year's Eve around the world on January 1, 2021?

What will Time Square in New York City look liked, or London, or Paris, or Moscow, or Tokyo, South Africa, or Brazil. COVID-19 you have created one huge problem on earth. IMHO.
Gosh, I certainly haven't been thinking that far in the future. And I would never have been a part of such large gatherings. But a good point of how we will be affected in the future. I was planning a trip to New York, and won't go if there are no Broadway shows to be seen.

Conan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Apropos of Broadway shows (not to mention normal day-to-day activities), ask yourself when you will feel safe enough to use a public toilet.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

Two thoughts emerge:

What will those cities look like on 1/1/21?

- and -

What should those cities look like on 1/1/21?

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Apropos of Broadway shows (not to mention normal day-to-day activities), ask yourself when you will feel safe enough to use a public toilet.
iu

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
It's the thinning of the herd...
A certain level of loss is acceptable to the pack.
The trick is not to be one caught by the wolves.
If you are, it matters not which acreage you occupy.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
It's the thinning of the herd...
A certain level of loss is acceptable to the pack.
The trick is not to be one caught by the wolves.
If you are, it matters not which acreage you occupy.
But it does matter to most. In Wyoming there is one wolf, in NY there are 10 million.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Exactly. Most of the country doesn't have a coronavirus problem, unless you consider a few hundred deaths from a virus a problem. (Which we've never panicked about before.)

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
But to be fair, @T-Dot-Traveller , wouldn't you agree the two prior example containment resolution diseases you mention are almost exclusively avoidable whereas COVID 19 is not?
Avoidable? No more avoidable than COVID19, probably less so.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Stories like this one are likely to be more frequent in the coming days and weeks:

Another stylist at the salon has tested positive so far. I suspect more will follow. :cry: Our county health commissioner looks absolutely miserable in his news conferences.

Last edited:

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
So far, no other positive case connected to the stylist has been confirmed, but the county is nonetheless facing "a glut of cases," Goddard said.
Update: Just the one other stylist so far --so how is he saying "a glut of cases" and they were both masked (supposedly)-and if masking is the end-all be-all of stopping this virus shouldn't everyone else be negative?;) kidding!
I do see how if SEVERE cases ramp up then systems are overwhelmed but the vast majority aren't severe, we have an EMPTY entire floor devoted to the "surge" of severe CV19 cases (still waiting) at just one of the local hospitals (we have 2). We have adequate PPE for the hospitals (Nursing homes are rationing but that's another story).

Also MO was one that was lumping antibody testing and active infection testing together (per CDC rules in reporting) and have recently stopped, and have also recently stopped counting multiple tests for same person (like a paramedic that gets tested several times)-although I truly don't know why that matters-so he's tested 4 times and negative 4 times? A third change Saturday in the state’s reporting showed confirmed COVID-19 cases in Missouri starting on Feb. 2 — more than a month earlier than the virus was previously reported to have hit the state.
--So if/when? numbers change drastically can't be sure what the reason is. --this is my town FWIW :rolleyes:

The working while sick...yeah shouldn't happen. But if you've got bills and it takes a day or two to get results back-not excusing but I bet we see this alot...

Conan

TUG Member
Reaction score
In Wyoming there is one wolf, in NY there are 10 million.

I just now wasted half an hour trying to find similar sentiments expressed after 9/11. Something about how more Americans die from traffic accidents every month, or why worry about terrorism if you're not in New York or D.C., or if there are no tall buildings in your town.

The nearest I got was Coulter calling 9/11 widows "witches." I was sure I'd find something nasty from Louis Farrakhan, but "Nation of Islam Responds to Attacks on America" was disappointingly sympathetic.

Maybe something from Timeshare Users Group in 2001? Probably not....

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Update: Just the one other stylist so far --so how is he saying "a glut of cases" and they were both masked (supposedly)-and if masking is the end-all be-all of stopping this virus shouldn't everyone else be negative?;) kidding!
I :rolleyes:
All kidding aside I would bet my money that the masks were not always worn Or not worn properly. I could see them being taken off when mixing dyes in a separate area, bathrooms, breakrooms, and elsewhere just to get a breathe of air.

I recently went to the bank for an appointment where all employees were supposed to wear masks. It was their policy that they were telling customers. One pulled it off right in front of me. I saw another not cover his nose. Why bother?

Status
Not open for further replies.