• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin St John Master Thread - Part 3 [Dec. 2017 and forward]

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Heading to WSJ on 10/23. Arriving STT from CABO (overnighting in Dallas). Any issues STT accepting a negative Covid test from Mexico within the required time frame? We are just combining a Westin Cabo trip with a WSJ vacation. We were told they are testing at the Westin Cabo for our flight back to the US. Thanks.

From the USVI travel portal:

International Air Passengers (CDC Requirements)

All passengers two years of age or older boarding a flight to the United States, including U.S. citizens, permanent residents and fully vaccinated individuals, are required to produce one of the following:

• A negative COVID-19 result from a viral test (antigen or nucleic acid amplification) taken no more than three days before travel; or
  • Documentation of recovery from COVID-19 in the past 3 months
This applies to air passengers arriving in the U.S. Virgin Islands from a foreign country. A foreign country means anywhere that is NOT a state, territory or possession of the United States. More information on the July 6, 2021 CDC requirement can be found here.

These requirements DO NOT apply to persons traveling/returning from the U.S. Virgin Islands to the United States. Visit www.usviupdate.com for more details.

ConejoRed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Craigendarroch Lodges, HGVC Bay Club, HGVC GP MarBrisa, Westin St. John, Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Villas,
HGVC MAX, Worldmark, Wyndham CWA
We were able to secure a 7 night 3 Bedroom reservation Feb 1-7 last week using Restricted Options from a canceled Hawaii trip last year. We are WSJ Virgin Grand Owners (2 Bed Townhouse) and this will be our first trip to WSJ (closed on the unit in late 2019 just before COVID hit). The reservation confirmation indicates it is a 3 Bedroom - Sleeps 8 unit. Given that it is a Tuesday to Tuesday reservation, where are we most likely going to be located based on this 3 Bedroom configuration? I could only see the VG 3 Bedroom Villas (Pool) listed as "Sleeps 8" as the other phases were all listed as 10 or more, but I know VG units are fixed week units so a Tuesday to Tuesday reservation in a VG would seem to not be likely (?). Was surprised to even find availability for the first week in Feb (actually when I check later the same day, there was none left) and we are excited to be going next year at a perfect time to celebrate an anniversary and birthday!

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
We were able to secure a 7 night 3 Bedroom reservation Feb 1-7 last week using Restricted Options from a canceled Hawaii trip last year. We are WSJ Virgin Grand Owners (2 Bed Townhouse) and this will be our first trip to WSJ (closed on the unit in late 2019 just before COVID hit). The reservation confirmation indicates it is a 3 Bedroom - Sleeps 8 unit. Given that it is a Tuesday to Tuesday reservation, where are we most likely going to be located based on this 3 Bedroom configuration? I could only see the VG 3 Bedroom Villas (Pool) listed as "Sleeps 8" as the other phases were all listed as 10 or more, but I know VG units are fixed week units so a Tuesday to Tuesday reservation in a VG would seem to not be likely (?). Was surprised to even find availability for the first week in Feb (actually when I check later the same day, there was none left) and we are excited to be going next year at a perfect time to celebrate an anniversary and birthday!

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

You will likely be in the pool villa. You can check by looking at marriott.com reservation. If you have your Bonvoy account attached to your Vistana account, then all your Vistana reservations will automatically appear in your Bonvoy account and you can see where you are booked. If not, you'll need a Bonvoy confirmation number, which is different form Vistana confirmation number.

ConejoRed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Craigendarroch Lodges, HGVC Bay Club, HGVC GP MarBrisa, Westin St. John, Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Villas,
HGVC MAX, Worldmark, Wyndham CWA
I checked my Marriott Bonvoy account and it is not listed so it is probably not linked. I could not find anywhere on the Vistana site to add the Bonvoy account information online (but it could be somewhere I am just not seeing). If I call Vistana, will they be able to give me the Bonvoy reservation number and also link my Bonvoy account to my profile? Fairly new to Vistana.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
If anyone is at WSJ right now I need a small favor for tomorrow. Please PM me. TIA

lfshields

TUG Member
Reaction score
looking to see if there is any value in my BAY VISTA, 3 BEDROOM VILLA; ODD YEAR ULTRA PREMIUM; week 49 unit 2521?
Wood dearly love to sell it. Not sure i care what i get AND/OR will Starwood "buy" this back?
Talked to sellmytimesharenow ppl and they woodn't supply any sales info - guessing thats b/c they have u put high value on TS and let it hatch an egg....

Anyboby have a strategy to help me get this TS off my hands? (not holding a mortgage on it - thank goodness)

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
I’m reading rumors on other sites regarding a 2022 12% MF increase at WSJ. Does anyone know anything more about this? The MF at this resort are already high and 12% seems quite much. I haven’t seen anything in writing.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I’m reading rumors on other sites regarding a 2022 12% MF increase at WSJ. Does anyone know anything more about this? The MF at this resort are already high and 12% seems quite much. I haven’t seen anything in writing.

See my previous post:

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
See my previous post:

I own in Sunset Bay. I wonder what that looks like. I’m sure similar. In any case, that % increase is absolutely ridiculous. It’s becoming harder and harder to want to keep ownership in St John.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am trying to do a search regarding porter service at the airport.
My daughter is leaving WSJ tomorrow with two toddlers. Her tsa precheck has expired. They are taking the Westin ferry.
How does it "work" to use a porter? Usual tip? Will it get them thru security easily or do they still wait on line after baggage drop off? They have their passports.

Any guidance appreciated.

DST

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Bay - STJ
Hi knowledgeable folks - We purchase SB last year and the previous owners booked us in August, we stayed and loved it. I am trying to book 8 months out and Vistana is saying that I cannot, I can only book within my weeks 1-18 or 51/52. Is this accurate; seems odd. I have been on the phone with them all morning (2 hrs). Thought I would ask here since you are all more aware than Vistana (sad)
Thanks

DST

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Bay - STJ
I am trying to do a search regarding porter service at the airport.
My daughter is leaving WSJ tomorrow with two toddlers. Her tsa precheck has expired. They are taking the Westin ferry.
How does it "work" to use a porter? Usual tip? Will it get them thru security easily or do they still wait on line after baggage drop off? They have their passports.

Any guidance appreciated.
When we did this in August, we got off the ferry, into the van and when we got there the porter was there waiting for us. They took everything through for us and guided us through (we do have TSA). I know they were taking others items non-TSA all the way through as well. It took the luggage up to the scanning area. We tipped 10.00 for the two of us.

Hope that was helpful

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi knowledgeable folks - We purchase SB last year and the previous owners booked us in August, we stayed and loved it. I am trying to book 8 months out and Vistana is saying that I cannot, I can only book within my weeks 1-18 or 51/52. Is this accurate; seems odd. I have been on the phone with them all morning (2 hrs). Thought I would ask here since you are all more aware than Vistana (sad)
Thanks

So here’s the thing.
You can reserve 8 months out but there has to be availability.
I just searched for 7/17 studio 2 Br with flexible check in days and the only availability is showing up in VGV for 7/18&7/19.

If there was availability you could book but there isn’t any.

I just checked June 17 and May 17 and there is no availability.
Sorry.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When we did this in August, we got off the ferry, into the van and when we got there the porter was there waiting for us. They took everything through for us and guided us through (we do have TSA). I know they were taking others items non-TSA all the way through as well. It took the luggage up to the scanning area. We tipped 10.00 for the two of us.

Hope that was helpful
Thanks. Sitting in the airport now and that’s what we did. We overtipped but appreciated the help.

Reactions: DST

DST

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Bay - STJ
So here’s the thing.
You can reserve 8 months out but there has to be availability.
I just searched for 7/17 studio 2 Br with flexible check in days and the only availability is showing up in VGV for 7/18&7/19.

If there was availability you could book but there isn’t any.

I just checked June 17 and May 17 and there is no availability.
Sorry.
Thanks I always appreciate your help, they are telling me completely opposite. That we can only book during our diamond weeks.......I told her we are completely flexible in the dates but we are only allowed to book weeks 1-18. I'm so frustrated :(

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks I always appreciate your help, they are telling me completely opposite. That we can only book during our diamond weeks.......I told her we are completely flexible in the dates but we are only allowed to book weeks 1-18. I'm so frustrated :(
It sounds like they booked last year using StarOptions last year. You can do that too, but have to book within 8 months of checkin. Right now August 2022 is more than 8 months out.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is incorrect. You can you your HomeOptions in another season at 8 months. I have the owners guide in this thread. Let me link it.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It sounds like they booked last year using StarOptions last year. You can do that too, but have to book within 8 months of checkin. Right now August 2022 is more than 8 months out.
Resale owners can only use HO at home resort. Does not convert to SO.
But yes, previous own could have used SO but then there would be no guarantee of what phase you would have been in.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Resale owners can only use HO at home resort. Does not convert to SO.
But yes, previous own could have used SO but then there would be no guarantee of what phase you would have been in.
Got it, that makes sense now. So HomeOptions from SB can be used any time of year at SB as long as it is at the 8 month mark. Kind of like StarOptions, but all internal for SB? If you use HomeOptions at 8 months, you are still guaranteed SB?

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Got it, that makes sense now. So HomeOptions from SB can be used any time of year at SB as long as it is at the 8 month mark. Kind of like StarOptions, but all internal for SB? If you use HomeOptions at 8 months, you are still guaranteed SB?
You can ONLY use your HO in the phase they are "deeded" to (certificate of shares)
I have ownerships in Sunset Bay and Coral Vista. I can only use them in the phase where they are owned. It does give you flexibility BUT there has to be availability. Last year was unusual. I went in October and they were at 20-25 % availability. So it stands to reason that a Diamond season owner would have been able to reserve in August. Not do this year. I am leaving after 5 weeks and it was fully occupied.
Owned season 12-8, other seasons 8 or less.

DST

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Bay - STJ
It sounds like they booked last year using StarOptions last year. You can do that too, but have to book within 8 months of check-in. Right now August 2022 is more than 8 months out.
We do not have star options if we purchased privately; right?
Vistana said the previous owner (who had a VSN number) booked it for us and then transferred it to us, which is why they were able to do it. Without VSN ownership, we can only book in the weeks deeded.
This is what they are telling us anyway, I am so confused

DST

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Bay - STJ
Here is the owners guide @DST
You can read it to them. This is, the specific guide for non club members.
Thank Pat - I actually had this handy and read it to them. She said that did not apply to anyone who purchased outside of Vistana. I thought I understood everything until I got on the phone with them today. I spoke to two people, one was supposed to be a manager.

I understand that we purchased privately and we knew we could not switch to other resorts, which works for us. But my goodness, this was a hot mess today. I finally gave up -

DST

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Bay - STJ
You can ONLY use your HO in the phase they are "deeded" to (certificate of shares)
I have ownerships in Sunset Bay and Coral Vista. I can only use them in the phase where they are owned. It does give you flexibility BUT there has to be availability. Last year was unusual. I went in October and they were at 20-25 % availability. So it stands to reason that a Diamond season owner would have been able to reserve in August. Not do this year. I am leaving after 5 weeks and it was fully occupied.
Owned season 12-8, other seasons 8 or less.
First, I am jealous you were there for five weeks :)

I guess the best thing is to keep trying, I would think August and September would be less busy, which is why we go every year at that time. Hurricanes are a norm for us,, we live in Florida.
They tried to tell me to call Interval International and join them so I can convert my points to use?

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank Pat - I actually had this handy and read it to them. She said that did not apply to anyone who purchased outside of Vistana. I thought I understood everything until I got on the phone with them today. I spoke to two people, one was supposed to be a manager.

I understand that we purchased privately and we knew we could not switch to other resorts, which works for us. But my goodness, this was a hot mess today. I finally gave up -
She is wrong.
If you log into your ownership and read the usage terms, it is right there.
I wonder who this can be escalated to?

That said, if there is no inventory, you can't reserve.