• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin St John Master Thread - Part 3 [Dec. 2017 and forward]

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
This is reminding me; has anyone in VGV gotten their tax bill yet? I am going to check the tax website but I feel I have usually gotten it by now.
No, I was wondering the same...

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
No, I was wondering the same...
I paid June 2020 and July 2019.
Was reading in the Wyndham STT Facebook group that payment was due 6/30/21….

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

June 30, 2021 was the end of an amnesty for late property tax payments. Since I just got my weeks there in the last year and wasn't sure about the due dates, I checked on the website and found that there were late ones and had to get them to email me the bills in order to pay them by then. Still haven't got them in the mail.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
I thought that was just for overdue tax bills. An amnesty period.

Sure would be nice if a consistent tax due date was established. I think I received notice last year in June that it was due in August. If it's due in August again, would be nice to know. :)

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
June 30, 2021 was the end of an amnesty for late property tax payments. Since I just got my weeks there in the last year and wasn't sure about the due dates, I checked on the website and found that there were late ones and had to get them to email me the bills in order to pay them by then. Still haven't got them in the mail.
Thx for the correction. But as my payment history indicates we should have had our bill by now.

finztotheleft

Reaction score
This area . It's just a strange waste of space.
f44b23254cb9dd87f0f9cd4895ad9e36.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
This layout is due to being on the first floor of Bay Vista. The ground floor units have you enter thru the living room whereas anything on the 2nd and 3rd floors enter from the rear hallway. This closet would be the entry door in the higher levels. HTH

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I got my VGV tax bill a week or so ago

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
The Westin St. John Resort Villas
We have been informed that the Government of the United States Virgin Islands (“USVI”) is commencing with mailing out the 2021 property tax bills. The USVI online portal should allow all owners of record, as of January 1, 2021, to pay their property tax bill.

The deadline to pay the 2021 tax is August 31, 2021.
After this date, late charges of 1% per month will begin to accrue.

If you do not receive your property tax bill, you will need to look up your account online to get your property tax bill amount. You should be able to access your account through the USVI online portal.
  1. Click on “Public Searches” in the middle of the page.
  2. Search for your property account by parcel or primary Owner.
  3. Parcel results will be displayed. Under "Results," click on "Show Details." Parcel information, assessment, tax bill information, and tax credits should be reflected. Click on "Tax Bill Information."
  4. You should be able to view Tax Account data. The 2021 Tax Account will be displayed at the top, along with both the bill amount and amount due.
We have been informed that property tax payments can be made by check payable to the “Government of the USVI” by mail to:

Office of the Lieutenant Governor/Office of the Tax Collector
5049 Kongens Gade
St. Thomas, USVI 00802-6487

Be sure to include your parcel number on your check. We have been informed that credit card payments may be made using an authorization form.

If you do not receive a property tax bill, it might be because the USVI has an incorrect address on file. We recommend you contact the USVI Division of Real Property Tax at one of the below contact numbers or via the USVI online portal prior to the payment deadline date.

If you are in receipt of your 2021 property tax bill and know both your parcel control number and invoice number, payment may be made through the USVI online portal.

1. Click on “Pay Tax Bill.”
  2. Enter the control number and invoice number highlighted at the bottom.
  3. Click on “Log in.”
  4. Click “Add to Invoice” for all of the years to be paid, then click “Invoice.”
  5. Upon completion, click “Pay Invoice.”
  6. Enter your email information and preferred communication method, then click "Pay Now."
For questions regarding the property tax assessment, payment of taxes, parcel data, change of address, or control number(s) or invoice number(s), please contact the USVI St. John office at 340-776-6737 ext. 2501 or 2502; or St. Thomas office at 340-776-8505 ext. 4335, 4358, or 4373.

Sincerely,

Vistana Management, Inc.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Thx for the correction. But as my payment history indicates we should have had our bill by now.
Did you receive your tax bill yet? I haven't. Just the emails from Vistana for the two sections.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Did you receive your tax bill yet? I haven't. Just the emails from Vistana for the two sections.

Your post about property taxes has some weird attachment that just cycles without showing anything.

I am not waiting for VSE to send our property tax bill. It should be online at the USVI Lt Gov website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
We paid online last week. Never did receive a tax bill. They acknowledged our payment quickly.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We paid online last week. Never did receive a tax bill. They acknowledged our payment quickly.
@DavidnRobin

I thought you needed a number from the back of the paper bill to pay online?
I will check it later today.

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
@DavidnRobin

If you know your plot number, you can get around not having your bill. It takes some looking, though. I go through this every year...and never remember just how I did it.

KangarooTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know to find a mandatory 3 bedroom for sale worth 257,700 star options? What’s the going price nowadays?

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Does anybody know to find a mandatory 3 bedroom for sale worth 257,700 star options? What’s the going price nowadays?
CHeck redweek. There was one last week

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@DavidnRobin

I ended up using the payment authorization form since I could see my parcel # and amount due on the USVI website.

Emailed the form to lgopayments@lgo.vi.gov at 9:30 am and received this reply at 12:30 pm

EA0AF5D5-3368-4D7F-B687-AF52ADF859F8.png

Attachments

• 82D8231D-991D-495F-802F-456243B0D3A5.jpeg
    82D8231D-991D-495F-802F-456243B0D3A5.jpeg
    37.1 KB · Views: 47

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got the owners update email from our owner-elected directors. Does anyone have a copy of the draft budget they refer to? I don't seem to have received it.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Just got the owners update email from our owner-elected directors. Does anyone have a copy of the draft budget they refer to? I don't seem to have received it.

Here you go.

Attachments

• Bay Vista Draft Budget 2022.pdf
    577.7 KB · Views: 30

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
For Bay Vista, the biggest increase is due to:

Operating Capital: $300,000 total, new line item. About $100 per unit per week.
Insurance: about 54% increase, about $90 per unit per week.
Housekeeping: about 10% increase, about $30 per unit per week.

Carolyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St John
WJL St Lucia
St James Club Antigua
Charter Club Marco
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Does anyone know of a good nail salon on St John, preferably in Cruz Bay? Thanks!

Carolyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St John
WJL St Lucia
St James Club Antigua
Charter Club Marco
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Heading to WSJ on 10/23. Arriving STT from CABO (overnighting in Dallas). Any issues STT accepting a negative Covid test from Mexico within the required time frame? We are just combining a Westin Cabo trip with a WSJ vacation. We were told they are testing at the Westin Cabo for our flight back to the US. Thanks.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Does anyone know of a good nail salon on St John, preferably in Cruz Bay? Thanks!
I believe the name is TNT Nails -that is the only one i have seen- can't speak to quality