• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

We are a cynical bunch on TUG. Can you believe people today are buying full-freight?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll have to remember that line next time I see some hotties at the TIKI bar... :cheer: :rofl: :hysterical:

so I can use what Ive learned here on TUG as a pick up line at the bar.........

.With my luck, the hottie would be another Tugger, smarter than me...Linda, you wont be in Las Vegas April Fools day, will you?

Last edited:

geekette

Reaction score
My sister-in-law bragged to me a few years ago that she was able to get Travelodge in Orlando for her daughter and her family of four. She got a "deal" on two hotel rooms because her daughter traveled with a friend and her family. She said it was only $140 X 5 nights for two hotel rooms + tax. She was so excited at her bargain deal. This was early May. :rofl:

This is a woman who struggles to pay her timeshare fees and doesn't use her Colorado weeks most years. She could have easily traded into a Marriott 2 bed, sleeps eight for the kids, but she chose not to renew her II membership because she sees no value in it.

When our niece was telling us about their wonderful Orlando vacation, I was tempted to tell her where WE stay during the off-season, just the two of us. I bit my lip and said nothing.

My sister-in-law stays in hotels all over the country, even those Extended Stay places (most of which are dumps), even Lake Tahoe in summer. This is one of the easier II exchanges.

I don't get it. Use what you have and enjoy the fabulous trading power II gives to your weeks.

I cannot imagine bragging about staying in a TravelLodge. Maybe they were nice in the 70s, but ... EEEW is what comes to mind. I'd pick Motel 6 over it.

With these kinds of things, I stay silent. hey, you know how I roll, I know how you roll, different strokes ... if you're comfortable in 2 crappy motel rooms, good for you. I've spent too many mornings reading in the bathroom waiting for it to be ok to turn on lights to ever be ok with staying more than a night or two in a hotel again. I want the full kitchen and balcony .. and maids to leave me alone.

but I will admit that in my younger/poorer days, going anywhere for 5 stays staying in anything better than a broken down van by the river was a great thing. I have become spoiled and I intend to stay that way.

But what a shame for her to turn her back on what she has already paid for.

geekette

Reaction score
Understood, but of course they must know, and accept the fact that if they cant make it worth something...Ill just dump it back in their lap when Im done (or dead)

4 season resorts like the one you mention in orlando are not the problem under discussion..there is already a pretty good market here...I would think anything in Orlando will sell as long as the seller throws in a few years paid maintenance fees

BTW ...a pretty kitchen is not what Im talking about. perhaps if they threw in a cook and a stocked refrigerator....... Im suggesting free day use for local owners, free bonus weeks, arrangements with other resorts for direct trades, an onsite rental department, a list of owners that want more weeks, split week reservations, free baby sitting at night so mom and dad can go out....breakfast in bed, discounts with the local hookers..etc etc....ie something more than the just a pillow and a roof over my head and a kitchen to make my coffee...even if it has granite counter tops...what I really want is mf cheaper than a comparable rental, and that is in the hoa's control

:confused: