• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Have you used this information to deed-back your DRI Timeshare?

• Yes, DRI took back my DRI TimeShare (or DRI said they will take back my TS)

Votes: 148 87.6%
  • No, DRI said they would not take back my TimeShare

Votes: 21 12.4%

• Total voters

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not being a DRI Owner and looking at this from afar my recommendation is that those wanting to take advantage of the Program do so quickly. There is nothing to say that this Program will be offered in perpetuity.

George

Culai

TUG Member
Reaction score
It took me form May 4 (when I sent the first email) to June 18 to have my contract cancelled. At the same day, my web access was cancelled. Now I am waiting for the signed copy of the release to arrive by mail.

My thanks and gratitude to TUG!

NatPatBen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sigh of RELIEF!

6/9 - Received email response from my online contact to Diamond saying that they do not take back time shares. Here's a snippet from that email:

First and foremost, we are saddened to hear of your interest in selling your ownership; however, we do understand that circumstances can, and do necessitate change. Unfortunately, Diamond Resorts International? does not have a relinquishment, buyback or a resale program, nor are we affiliated with any companies that assist in this process. If you still would like to sell your ownership, it must be done privately. Please review the tips below as they should offer some information you may find helpful:

6/23 PM - Sent email to lossmitigation following advice of this thread. Included a reason for getting rid of my 2500 annual points.

6/24 AM - Received phone call from Ruby at Diamond saying my request to surrender was approved & I should receive paperwork in 5 business days. I'll have to get something signed/notarized and return it along with $250 (personal check, money order, cashier's check... she said any of those are fine).

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Brian, you may have to start tracking how many people this thread has helped!

I passed this on to a friend of a friend, she emailed DRI on Monday 6/22 and was approved on Wed 6/24, needless to say she is thrilled to be rid of her Los Abrigados, Sedona ownership!

Another happy soon to be ex-DRI owner, helped by TUG.

Sent from my iPad using the strange new version of Tapatalk

WarHorse47

Reaction score
Seems that everyone has a slightly different process on the deedback.

I received an e-mail confirmation with ticket number on 5/22. The Mutual Release Agreement was received on 6/5 and signed, notarized and mailed back on 6/6.

Our $250 personal check cleared the bank on 6/19, so I know DRI received the Agreement and has approved the deedback. I am still waiting for confirmation that we no longer are owners. I've been checking the DRI website several times a day to see if our ownership has changed. I'm still waiting for closure.

Based on the experience of others on the forum I estimated that this process will take about seven weeks from beginning to end.

Tom

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
so pleased this is still going strong!

hope more and more DRI owners in need find this thread!

kfairclo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sent email request 4/13. Received letter 4/25. Mailed check and form 4/28. Have not received confirmation, but as of week of 6/23 I'm noticing my Diamond login is showing no ownership record. I think I'm home free.

Thanks oh so much Brian and all others posting.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Sent email request 4/13. Received letter 4/25. Mailed check and form 4/28. Have not received confirmation, but as of week of 6/23 I'm noticing my Diamond login is showing no ownership record. I think I'm home free.

Thanks oh so much Brian and all others posting.
That is the only thing that happened with me also

YES you are home free.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Brian, you may have to start tracking how many people this thread has helped!

I passed this on to a friend of a friend, she emailed DRI on Monday 6/22 and was approved on Wed 6/24, needless to say she is thrilled to be rid of her Los Abrigados, Sedona ownership!

Another happy soon to be ex-DRI owner, helped by TUG.

Sent from my iPad using the strange new version of Tapatalk
I took your advice and set up a poll on the first page.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
I took your advice and set up a poll on the first page.

Thanks Bill! Even though I don't want to do a deed back, I'd like to find out if they turned down anyone.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Thanks Bill! Even though I don't want to do a deed back, I'd like to find out if they turned down anyone.
There have been several post from people who said the DRI would not take back their TS BUT on most it seems that they contacted someone at DRI and not the email address that Brian had for DRI deedbacks lossmitigation@diamondresorts.com

I don't know if they tried again at that email and were accepted or they gave up.

Bill

Macroy

Reaction score
In process. $250 check cleared a week ago.

A bit off topic - anyone know what the status would be if you have a reservation using past year's points? I have one coming up soon, and was wondering if I should still take advantage of it as the deed transfer is being processed.

Thoughts?

Bill4728

Reaction score
Any day now it should show on the DRI website that your account is closed.

A bit off topic - anyone know what the status would be if you have a reservation using past year's points? I have one coming up soon, and was wondering if I should still take advantage of it as the deed transfer is being processed.

Thoughts?
I have heard that any and all DRI reservation and pts go away when it closes. The only thing which will remain are II exchanges.

Mom of three

Reaction score
I happen to live in Orlando so made a reservation using my points that I"m using right now- Diamond told me once the contract is returned (all paperwork finished) all reservations will be cancelled- my check cleared the day I checked into timeshare but I can still get onto the website so not totally cancelled yet

Mom of three

Reaction score
Thank you

By the way thank you all for letting us know of this option! We are so glad they are taking back our points!!

WarHorse47

Reaction score
Any day now it should show on the DRI website that your account is closed.
Waiting for confirmation on closing the account is like watching grass grow. :annoyed:

I can only assume that the deeds are taken to the appropriate county clerk on a specific schedule, perhaps once or twice a month - last business day in a cycle - etc.

Wish there was a way to track progress using the assigned ticket number so you know when to plan the deedback party. :cheer:

NatPatBen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fast

This is going faster than I hoped!

Update:

6/23 PM - Sent email to lossmitigation following advice of this thread. Included a reason for getting rid of my 2500 annual points.

6/24 AM - Received phone call from Ruby at Diamond saying my request to surrender was approved & I should receive paperwork in 5 business days. I'll have to get something signed/notarized and return it along with $250 (personal check, money order, cashier's check... she said any of those are fine).

6/27 PM - Received paperwork in the mail.

NatPatBen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Confidentiality

Did anyone notice two points on the paperwork: 1) keeping the agreement confidential and 2) not saying anything negative about Diamond to anyone.

marg2

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thoughts?

I'm wondering about that too. I have 3000 unused points and have been told by the good folks here that if I want to use them I need to bank them with II, then reserve something fast. I'm going to get the deedback form notarized on Monday, so thinking I need to bank those points tomorrow and make a reservation, too

marg2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did anyone notice two points on the paperwork: 1) keeping the agreement confidential and 2) not saying anything negative about Diamond to anyone.

.....hmmm, going to go have another look. Didn't notice that

dontfret

Reaction score
For those waiting for the check to be cashed and mutual release to be filed, please note I was told they consolidate all paperwork the last day or so in the month.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a win - win for DRI; in the future years they will have total control of all their resorts.

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Another grateful TUGger here - I sent my email on 6/19, heard nothing more, emailed a reminder today and almost immediately received an email saying my deedback had been approved and paperwork would be forthcoming. Keeping fingers crossed that all goes as well as it has for others:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer: :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Last edited: