• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Have you used this information to deed-back your DRI Timeshare?

• Yes, DRI took back my DRI TimeShare (or DRI said they will take back my TS)

Votes: 148 87.6%
  • No, DRI said they would not take back my TimeShare

Votes: 21 12.4%

• Total voters

Bill4728

Reaction score
Did this happen to anyone else? Is it a coincidence that a scammer company called the same day I submitted my request? How did they find out...?

We get calls all the time so I'd guess just a coincidence

davesdog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Slow Processb

go figure...

did you get an email from them saying that they were sending you documents?

Yes, on 5/12/15. It is a very slow process. Now I guess I have to work to protect my II banked weeks.

Last edited:

marg2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update:

June 8: Sent my email request in to Lossmitigation email address, received autoreply.
June 9: Received call today saying my request for voluntary surrender has been approved and that I'll be receiving documents in the mail in about 1.5 weeks. Managers need to go over everything first.

Questions:

1)for those of you who received documents from DRI, how did they send it, by regular ground mail or by UPS, Fed Ex or other which requires my actually signing something or being home when it's being delivered?

2) is there time sensitivity on signing the forms and getting them back to them? I'm just hoping the forms don't arrive the week I'm away.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

HB2015

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marg2 questions

DRI sent it by regular mail. Canada Post
The cover letter tells you what to do (Canada is slightly different to the US due to CA not using Apostilles. We don't belong to The Hague convention for that process)
They give you time to return everything by. I extended that time due to family stuff. I contacted them a couple of times for clarification about things and they were helpful. There was no problem.
I just sent everything off today.
Once I figured out the requirements it seems to have been fairly strait forward. However not saying done until that cheque is cashed etc.

Last edited:

marg2

TUG Member
Reaction score
DRI sent it by regular mail. Canada Post
The cover letter tells you what to do (Canada is slightly different to the US due to CA not using Apostilles. We don't belong to The Hague convention for that process)
They give you time to return everything by. I extended that time due to family stuff. I contacted them a couple of times for clarification about things and they were helpful. There was no problem.

Once I figured out the requirements it seems to have been fairly strait forward. However not saying done until that cheque is cashed etc.

Thanks, appreciate your response, especially since you're from Canada, too. Hopefully I can figure out what they require. I'm glad to hear they are accommodating, and that it's coming by Canada Post. That buys me time to pick it up (if it's a large package) if it arrives while I'm away. Did they send a number of documents?

HB2015

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marg2 questions

It was just normal post in a normal sized business envelope such as a bank statement is in

ibondre

Reaction score
go figure...

did you get an email from them saying that they were sending you documents?

Nothing other than the automated reply with the ticket number, I send on May 18, then, Yesterday exactly 3 weeks later, I received the Mutual Release Agreement. I got it signed in front of Notary and mailed it back today along with a $250 Check.

Lets see how this goes. Good luck for you.

pgnewarkboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone receive a notification that deed filed?

I filled out the deeds and returned it to them about 6 weeks ago. They cashed my checks for filing the deeds about 3 weeks ago. Can I expect anything further from Diamond?

dontfret

Reaction score
final chapter

As I previously posted, the first week of June my DRI account online showed 'no ownership or membership,' a few days after my check was cashed May 31. I had asked to be sent copies of the DRI/MGV countersigned Mutual Release Agreement, which arrived by mail yesterday with a cover letter from DRI Loss Mitigation. My wife and I had a shredding party last night where we trashed all the MGV/DRI forms, agreements, deeds, invoices and promotional materials from 17 years, then we threw away the MGV carry bag they were in. Just kept that signed MRA. We feel lighter and free at last. :rofl:

Good luck to you all who are on this path, and once again my thanks to this TUGBBS and those who showed me this way out of the rabbit hole. :wave::hi:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
DRI should give us $15 bucks for every person we've sent their way to give back their units! =)

pgnewarkboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
whew!

I no longer show as an owner on the Diamond web site! Finality.:banana: THANKS TUG

Bill4728

Reaction score
Hi

Just thinking that DRI may be flooded with people trying to give back their TS because of this thread. Then thought NO There are a lot of people reading TUG but compared with all the DRI owners it is a very very small amount. DRI likely sells more TSs each day at all their resorts then they are taking back because of this thread.

marg2

TUG Member
Reaction score
We feel lighter and free at last. :rofl:

Good luck to you all who are on this path, and once again my thanks to this TUGBBS and those who showed me this way out of the rabbit hole. :wave::hi:

Happy for you, dontfret! Congrats.

Has anyone been denied?

marg2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update:

June 8: Sent my email request in to Lossmitigation email address, received autoreply.
June 9: Received call today saying my request for voluntary surrender has been approved and that I'll be receiving documents in the mail in about 1.5 weeks. Managers need to go over everything first.
June 17: received letter from Diamond (bad timing. going away in a day for over a week. I'll call to ask for an extension). I have until July 15th to return. I don't see anywhere in the letter that says I need to send in $250

HB2015, I sent you a private message re how to get a Form 10 and what to do with it. Canadians are required to get an additional authentification done.

Lets Get Going

TUG Member
Reaction score
Deed back with check or ?

Forgive me if this question has been asked and answered before, but I have my paperwork to deedback my MGV points and wondered if the $250 has to be in the form of a personal check? Will a money order work? Certified check? The paperwork doesn't specify and they are closed today so I can't ask them. I want to get this in the mail on Monday, if possible.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
never hurts to ask, write a letter to your HOA!

Bill4728

Reaction score
Forgive me if this question has been asked and answered before, but I have my paperwork to deedback my MGV points and wondered if the $250 has to be in the form of a personal check? Will a money order work? Certified check? The paperwork doesn't specify and they are closed today so I can't ask them. I want to get this in the mail on Monday, if possible.

The paper work I got said they wanted the $250 to be a cashier's check. DRI did not want to accept a personal check.

We got the cashier's check and the paperwork notarized all at the same time at our bank.

Last edited:

Culai

TUG Member
Reaction score
Money order worked for me, from Canada.