• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ROFR Exercised/Passed

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
The two most recent postings by @raddoc and @chapjim really illustrate two different approaches to acquiring resale. Raddoc's purchases has a higher up front cost, but lower MF's of just under $.08/point. Chapjim picked up what appears to be three weeks for next to nothing, but I would estimate the MF's to be just under $.16/pt. Doing some rough math (using a 5% increase in MF's) I would guess it would take about 5-6 years before raddoc's deal gains an advantage over chapjim.

No right or wrong way to go here, but I am in Camp Raddoc as I am looking at a 10-15 year time frame and like having really low cost reservations.

I'm 77 y/o. My horizon is a bit different.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
is this
Then you should by 3 bedroom platinum Craig Lodges. Relatively inexpensive, about £7k, and low MFs, 0.076 and only pay £195 legal fee to close and a £347 fee to activate the points, if you want that week in HGV. The 1 bed plat are much cheaper, I paid less than $2k for most of ours, but have MFs at 0.09.
resort owned by HGVC or at risk for becoming an orphan if HGVC pulls out?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
This is an affiliate resort but HGVC owns the Craigendarroch Suites which are on the same property.
And they share amenities so even though it is managed, it is probably about as safe as you can be for a managed property

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Received notification a couple of days ago from the broker that HGVC/developer waived ROFR for my offer at Ocean Oak platinum season 2BR Ocean Front at $23K. When I get all of the paperwork, I will add it to the rofr.net db.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@GT75 is now taking offers for OO OF requests....:)

I know you like OO so this is a good purchase for you.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Parc Soleil, 2 BR, Gold, 8000 points
Even, first use 2024
Passed ROFR @ $2.25
Posted in ROFR.net

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
@chapjim, is this part of a strategy of disinvestment in Wyndham and reinvestment in HGVC? Are you planning to rent some of this, or is it all just for you? Absolutely *no* judgement here; genuinely curious. That's a lot of points purchased in a short time frame.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@chapjim, is this part of a strategy of disinvestment in Wyndham and reinvestment in HGVC? Are you planning to rent some of this, or is it all just for you? Absolutely *no* judgement here; genuinely curious. That's a lot of points purchased in a short time frame.

Sent PM.

raddoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
The District Platinum 1 Bdr (11,520 points) - passed ROFR at $2750.
Annual, first use in 2023.

Posted on ROFR.net

Signed purchase agreement for one annual deed but when I got the estoppel and deed, it turned out that it was actually two EOY units (one even years, one odd years). Other than HGVC charging me an extra $655 club activation fee (which the seller agreed to split) I think I prefer having two EOY units. Gives me more flexibility to adjust points in the future.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Nice purchase. Thanks for sharing. How does the EOY give you more flexibility?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The District Platinum 1 Bdr (11,520 points) - passed ROFR at $2750.
Annual, first use in 2023.

Posted on ROFR.net

Signed purchase agreement for one annual deed but when I got the estoppel and deed, it turned out that it was actually two EOY units (one even years, one odd years). Other than HGVC charging me an extra $655 club activation fee (which the seller agreed to split) I think I prefer having two EOY units. Gives me more flexibility to adjust points in the future.
How is the use different than an annual? I would think it would be the same. Maybe harder to resale in the future but does give you two options in retail upgrades.

raddoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice purchase. Thanks for sharing. How does the EOY give you more flexibility?

Because of the ability to borrow points I have been thinking of EOY units more like "annual half units" rather than "full units EOY" (or to use a staffing term: 0.5 FTE/year - full time equivalent). I'm thinking in two year blocks.

If I didn't need 11,520 points every year, I could sell one of the EOY units and average 5760 points/year while still being able to make Home Priority Reservations every year as well as maintain access to the owners lounge. If I wanted to use all 11,520 points on an off year, I could borrow all of the following year's points. If I didn't want to use them on an off year, there is no cost to save the points since they're coming the next year.

Conversely, if I did want more than 11,520 points every year but didn't want to have 23,040 points I could sell one of the EOY units and purchase an annual 11,520 unit. That would average out to 17,280 points/year over a two year period.

I wasn't planning on two EOY units but I think it does give flexibility to adjust my point levels in a smaller increment. I didn't think about two options for retail upgrades but that could be icing on the cake in the unlikely circumstance that I do trade in for a retail purchase.

raddoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
West 57th, Platinum Studio Plus (8400 points) - passed ROFR at $4000
Annual, first use 2023
Week 52 (New Year's event week)

I had a lot of uncertainty on how to value the NY event week. There were listings for non-event week 8400 point annual SPs for $1500 and I have seen one sell on Ebay for $10. Ultimately I decided that it would be hard to go wrong with having a week in NYC for New Year's for $4000. It should be a fun week and I believe I should be able to rent it for significantly more than the annual MF on the years that I won't be there.

brial05

TUG Member
Reaction score
To be clear, everyone here and on rofr.net are reporting the sales price and not the cost per point, is that correct?

i.e. When someone here is it passed for $1, that means the sales price was a single dollar and not $5,440 as an example???

Studying rofr.net I am seeing Platinum units go for prices that I have never seen before:
Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Tuscany Village3/4/2023PlatinumAnnual1BRN/A
$1.00​
Passedchapjim

Times have changed...
When I purchased from Seth any Platinum 1BR was at least a few thousand all in, at these prices you could be all in for less than 1k, wow!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
To be clear, everyone here and on rofr.net are reporting the sales price and not the cost per point, is that correct?

i.e. When someone here is it passed for $1, that means the sales price was a single dollar and not $5,440 as an example???

Studying rofr.net I am seeing Platinum units go for prices that I have never seen before:
Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Tuscany Village3/4/2023PlatinumAnnual1BRN/A
$1.00​
Passedchapjim

Times have changed...
When I purchased from Seth any Platinum 1BR was at least a few thousand all in, at these prices you could be all in for less than 1k, wow!
Yes, people should be reporting total price, not price per point. However, it is user reported data and people can enter anything into those fields. @chapjim

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
Marriott Heritage Club at Harbour Town is not marked with an asterisk and has no info listed for ROFR...does this merely indicate nobody has ever posted any ROFR data for this specific property?

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, people should be reporting total price, not price per point. However, it is user reported data and people can enter anything into those fields. @chapjim
The prices I post here and on rofr.net are selling prices, exclusive of closing, transfer costs, etc.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Marriott Heritage Club at Harbour Town is not marked with an asterisk and has no info listed for ROFR...does this merely indicate nobody has ever posted any ROFR data for this specific property?
It looks like Heritage Club should have an asterisk;

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
@dioxide45 Thanks so much as always for your help!

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Most, if not all of the entries are the price of deed. Many platinum 1 bedroom deeds at places with high MF ratio's are difficult to sell. The majority of the LV deeds are more expensive up front, but have a much better MF ration. My 2 bedroom at the Boulevard has lower MF's than some 1 bedroom deeds in Florida yet they are both worth the same amount of points.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea Ocean Villas
Maui Bay Villas by Hilton Grand Vacations
I just heard that Hilton waived the ROFR for my 6200 points of HGVC Hawaii Village Lagoon tower one bedroom plus for $4200 from eBay today. I had a purchase of HGVC at strip, 7000 points for $5205 from eBay last year. passed too. I am a elite premier member and I don't know if that makes any difference.
Does Hgvc recognize your third party purchases toward your status?