• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ROFR Exercised/Passed

Lodemia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Craigendarroch(2),Coylumbridge(5),Boulevard(4),Kings'Land(1),W 57th(1),District(2)
I watch redweek and tug2 resales like a hawk. This particular one was posted to redweek and I was the first to respond. At $4k, I just paid asking without any back and forth.

Lodemia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Craigendarroch(2),Coylumbridge(5),Boulevard(4),Kings'Land(1),W 57th(1),District(2)

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
I watch redweek and tug2 resales like a hawk. This particular one was posted to redweek and I was the first to respond. At $4k, I just paid asking without any back and forth.

What is the Maintenance fees on that? Great deal if it’s lower on a $per point basis compared to the Studio Plus.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the Maintenance fees on that? Great deal if it’s lower on a $per point basis compared to the Studio Plus.

for a studio plus it’s $0.195

so it’s slightly better but you also need to cough up approx $3k in annual MF

Lodemia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don’t have this years statement yet, but last year was $.175. There were $950 in closing - $625 Hilton plus broker fees.

Lodemia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kings' Land 2BR Plus Platinum Annual (13440). Passed $3500!

Pre-answering some questions - Source: Redweek, closing costs: $950, 2023 year of first use, previous years maintenance $1,676.20

timesharesrock

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone been through ROFR at the Grand Waikikian recently? Would love to here how it went.

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
Las Vegas Boulevard 2 BR Gold 5000 old / 8000 new pts - purchase price $0 via Gift Transfer Affidavit - passed (obviously) - two business days wait.

Lodemia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Vegas Boulevard 2 BR Gold 5000 old / 8000 new pts - purchase price $0 via Gift Transfer Affidavit - passed (obviously) - two business days wait.
Congrats on that one. I paid a lot more than that, but it was my first hgvc deed ever.

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
Congrats on that one. I paid a lot more than that, but it was my first hgvc deed ever.

This one is "okay". It's okay for free (cover $1500 closing) but nothing more than that. When acquired from a broker, for a typical price of $1000-$1500, all that money goes to the broker and seller ends with nothing. So it's simply better to give it out for free and skip the middleman.

The best ones I got was Blvd 1 BR Gold 5440 where seller covered closing and all I paid was the post-closing $600-ish fee at a later point. And one Elara and one Trump, at ~$0.11 MFpp each, loaded with points, for the cost of closing and post-closing costs ($1500 each). Total of 40,000 new pts or something saved (I gave them my CC number to save these points for me, just in case the transfer doesn't complete by EOY 2021, haha!). It all went well. THIS was the thing worth congrats!

timesharesrock

TUG Member
Reaction score
ROFR Passed back in December and finally closed last week and just posted to the HGVC website.
Annual Grand Waikikian 2 Bedroom Platinum Garden View Room (16,800 Points new) $7,500.
There was an additional $1,786 in closing cost we paid.
Pretty excited as we like to go to Hawaii every year with the kids.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Annual Grand Waikikian 2 Bedroom Platinum Garden View Room (16,800 Points new) $7,500.
Congratulations. Just think the original owner paid probably around $84K. Can you post the MFs for this unit to our MF Sticky? Also, can you also post the other unit types which can be obtained from the budget? We don't have the MFs for this resort so I don't know how they compare to the other resorts.

timesharesrock

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations. Just think the original owner paid probably around $84K. Can you post the MFs for this unit to our MF Sticky? Also, can you also post the other unit types which can be obtained from the budget? We don't have the MFs for this resort so I don't know how they compare to the other resorts.
Thanks. The MFs for 2023 are $2,121.07. Crazy part was the owner was asking $5K for it, I went up to $7,500 because both myself and agent that found it were concerned it wouldn't make it through ROFR.

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
Elara 1 Bedroom Grand Plus - Platinum, 12, 480 points
Annual (1st usage in 2024)
Passed ROFR @ $6000

Posted on ROFR.net

That's a great deed! I bought a Platinum 1 BR Grand for $5250 in late 2020 that has 11,200 points per year. The 1BR Grand and Grand Plus are hard to find and to me worth paying for due to the extremely low MF's. Your deed in 2023 would be about $.076/point.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Tuscany Village, 1BR, Platinum, 7,680 points
Annual, first usage 2023
Passed ROFR @$1.00

McAlpin, 1BR, Platinum, 15,360 points
Annual, first usage 2023
Passed ROFR @ $405

Both posted on ROFR.net

Last edited:

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
The two most recent postings by @raddoc and @chapjim really illustrate two different approaches to acquiring resale. Raddoc's purchases has a higher up front cost, but lower MF's of just under $.08/point. Chapjim picked up what appears to be three weeks for next to nothing, but I would estimate the MF's to be just under $.16/pt. Doing some rough math (using a 5% increase in MF's) I would guess it would take about 5-6 years before raddoc's deal gains an advantage over chapjim.

No right or wrong way to go here, but I am in Camp Raddoc as I am looking at a 10-15 year time frame and like having really low cost reservations.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
The two most recent postings by @raddoc and @chapjim really illustrate two different approaches to acquiring resale. Raddoc's purchases has a higher up front cost, but lower MF's of just under $.08/point. Chapjim picked up what appears to be three weeks for next to nothing, but I would estimate the MF's to be just under $.16/pt. Doing some rough math (using a 5% increase in MF's) I would guess it would take about 5-6 years before raddoc's deal gains an advantage over chapjim.

No right or wrong way to go here, but I am in Camp Raddoc as I am looking at a 10-15 year time frame and like having really low cost reservations.
Then you should by 3 bedroom platinum Craig Lodges. Relatively inexpensive, about £7k, and low MFs, 0.076 and only pay £195 legal fee to close and a £347 fee to activate the points, if you want that week in HGV. The 1 bed plat are much cheaper, I paid less than $2k for most of ours, but have MFs at 0.09.