• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ROFR Exercised/Passed

clominac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Retail quoted at $53k. Getting this back in inventory will net them a nice gain.

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sheraton Desert Oasis,
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
Similar experience as @Gunfighter dealing with a potentially slow eBay closing, apparently it has passed ROFR and could be another 2 weeks to be fully set up by HGVC. 7000 point plat. annual Paradise contract for $4,250. Will enter it when it is fully closed.
In follow up to this, I finally have my HGVC account set up, all the points were there and nothing went sideways on this one. High bid on ebay was during Super Bowl, and my account is fully up and running today. So Feb 13 to April 14th. A solid 2 months. Felt longer than that somehow! In the meantime the 7000 points are now a 'new calculation' of 11,200.

GMan82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club
West 57th by Hilton Club
Grand Vacations Titling just charged my credit card to open escrow on my W 57th STP 5250/8400 resale purchase. Per Diane Nadeau, I should expect closing documents in the next 2-3 weeks. It’s been over 30 days since the contracts were signed, so I take this to mean that they waived ROFR.

What info do we post here (and rofr.net)? I only have my purchase price ($3125) and estimated closing costs right now ($2145 - NY). I’ll wait until official closing to do so though. Is that breakdown in post # 1 still accurate?

Since my Elara purchase in 2018 was Developer, I’m hoping I still get all the the bHC benefits when the deed is officially mine.

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
It’s been over 30 days since the contracts were signed, so I take this to mean that they waived ROFR.

See the estoppel, page 2. This is where you will find whether the ROFR was waived or not. Do not report until you have the estoppel in hand.

EDIT: s/if/until/

Last edited:

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I’m happy to report that our Boulevard 2BR Platinum unit appeared in our account today. I haven’t been checking, so I’m not sure if this is the first day or not. As for the timeline, our offer was accepted on March 16, it was submitted to HGVC for ROFR on March 25, and they waived ROFR on March 29. The deed was recorded on April 6 and it’s in our account on April 21. Needless to say, but we are very happy with the efficiency of the process by everyone involved.

Best regards.

Mike

GMan82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
West 57th by Hilton Club
O
See the estoppel, page 2. This is where you will find whether the ROFR was waived or not. Do not report if you have the estoppel in hand.
Oh I won’t report anything until it’s closed. I haven’t seen the estoppel yet, but I think that’s coming in the upcoming weeks. However, contracts were signed on March 17. Grand Vacations Titling won’t open escrow to accept my deposit unless rofr was waived, so, this is where I stand now. Probably a few more weeks.

terces

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC LVB x3, Sandos Mexico for RCI points
Can I ask how much you paid? We have 3 of the identical units and like to understand the value of what we own.
I’m happy to report that our Boulevard 2BR Platinum unit appeared in our account today. I haven’t been checking, so I’m not sure if this is the first day or not. As for the timeline, our offer was accepted on March 16, it was submitted to HGVC for ROFR on March 25, and they waived ROFR on March 29. The deed was recorded on April 6 and it’s in our account on April 21. Needless to say, but we are very happy with the efficiency of the process by everyone involved.

Best regards.

Mike

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Can I ask how much you paid? We have 3 of the identical units and like to understand the value of what we own.

Definitely review the ROFR database here on TUG to get a wider perspective. We agreed to a price of $4,500 plus closing costs, but changed it to $5,400 and the seller paid closing costs, which were $900. We thought that may help us get through the ROFR process. Whether HGVC would have waived their right at $4,500 is unknown.

Best regards.

Mike

GMan82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
West 57th by Hilton Club
Well I have the Estoppel in hand and HGVC waived ROFR on my W 57th STP 5250/8400 point platinum week. Still have to go through Closing. What info do I upload into Rofr.net as actual price?

Price: $3125
Closing: $1220 + many title fees + $450 HGV activation

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
Well I have the Estoppel in hand and HGVC waived ROFR on my W 57th STP 5250/8400 point platinum week. Still have to go through Closing. What info do I upload into Rofr.net as actual price?

Price: $3125
Closing: $1220 + many title fees + $450 HGV activation
The purchase price. Not the other fees.

lds337

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, HGVC Ocean 22, HGVC Sunrise Lodge, The Crane HGVC Sheraton Desert Oasis, Westin Kierland, and Wyndham Glacier Canyon
Just received an email from Redweek saying that HGVC waived ROFR for The Crane for the 2 Bedroom Ocean View & Pool – Residences By The Sea (2BL) for 19,200 old points / 30,720 new points. It isn't coming with any 2022 points, but still want it to close ASAP so I have the points in my account to book for 2023. I really want to go to Barbados and use the 28' Infinity Pool and I'm hoping that HGVC has The Crane available to book online soon.

$19k plus closing costs & transfer fees

GMan82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
West 57th by Hilton Club
The purchase price. Not the other fees.
And what date do you normally put? The date one receives the estoppel? The closing date? The date the contract was signed?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And what date do you normally put? The date one receives the estoppel? The closing date? The date the contract was signed?
I put in the closing date but I am not sure that really matters. I think folks just want to see the price, location, points, unit size, and whether it passed or not.

GonzSquad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Tuscany Village (pending resale purchase)
I’m close to having the deed recorded and sent to Hilton for processing/transfer (waiver and estoppel are on hand) … is the closing date the date Hilton actually does the transfer or the date the deed is recorded?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’m close to having the deed recorded and sent to Hilton for processing/transfer (waiver and estoppel are on hand) … is the closing date the date Hilton actually does the transfer or the date the deed is recorded?
It would be the date all the paperwork have been completed. The actual transfer date may be later and after you pay the transfer and club fee.

GMan82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
West 57th by Hilton Club
I put mine into ROFR.net. W 57th STP platinum for $3125 not including the fees. Glad I got to contribute to that site and also that I learned and found a resale in bHC. Should I be worried that resale prices into W 57th have basically plummeted? The trend on ROFR shows that this unit pre-pandemic would have been about $10k.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
I put mine into ROFR.net. W 57th STP platinum for $3125 not including the fees. Glad I got to contribute to that site and also that I learned and found a resale in bHC. Should I be worried that resale prices into W 57th have basically plummeted? The trend on ROFR shows that this unit pre-pandemic would have been about $10k.
What's to worry about?

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard

You should never purchase HGVC as an investment. I went into this with the thought process that I won’t get back what I put in. I bought for the accommodations and locations. If I ever have to get out from underneath of my purchases, I am prepared to give mine away. Anything else would be gravy.

GonzSquad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Tuscany Village (pending resale purchase)
ROFR was waived (passed) on a 2 BR Platinum at Tuscany Village for $4,000 earlier this month. Comes with 2022 usage (incl. in price). Closing costs came to approx. $1600 if I include the HGVC transfer fee.

ChrisZXWJ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got notified yesterday that my Ebay purchase of a 1BR Plus Platinum with 9920 points at Ocean 22 for $5,000 passed ROFR. I had a purchase of a 1BR Platinum with 7680 points at Ocean 22 for $4,800 fail two months ago.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Got notified yesterday that my Ebay purchase of a 1BR Plus Platinum with 9920 points at Ocean 22 for $5,000 passed ROFR. I had a purchase of a 1BR Platinum with 7680 points at Ocean 22 for $4,800 fail two months ago.

Wow! That’s huge! Not many deeds South Carolina deeds sneaking out lately. Nice deal for Ocean 22. IIRC, that property has a nice MF to point ratio.

Could you add this to ROFR.net?

Stevesdesign

Reaction score
I have just added my purchase to ROFR.net:
HGVC at SeaWorld
2 BR Gold 2 Weeks Annual
16000 Points
$985.00 with closing costs paid by seller
MF- $2405