• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ROFR Exercised/Passed

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
Wow, that’s a change from this past summer. It was 2 days from submit to getting our waiver and estoppel sent back.
My 4 ROFRs took between 0 and 7 days. I'd suspect the agent/closing company is to blame - either a delayed submission, or if there's no ROFR after 4 days, they should ping HGVC, and it's getting prioritized. That's what LT Transfers does. My Flamingo 7k was getting delayed, so they pinged, and HGVC issued the estoppel on the next day.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
My 4 ROFRs took between 0 and 7 days. I'd suspect the agent/closing company is to blame - either a delayed submission, or if there's no ROFR after 4 days, they should ping HGVC, and it's getting prioritized. That's what LT Transfers does. My Flamingo 7k was getting delayed, so they pinged, and HGVC issued the estoppel on the next day.

It took much longer before Covid. When they were actively exercising ROFR, it was normal to take the full 30 days to get an answer. My first purchase took a month to get the answer back and it was always going to pass (Flamingo, no ROFR).

My guess is they are short staffed so even estoppels are taking longer, they’ve been really busy, they are starting up exercising ROFR again or a combination of all 3.

Or maybe the the closing company is slow.

Lodemia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Craigendarroch(2),Coylumbridge(5),Boulevard(4),Kings'Land(1),W 57th(1),District(2)
My Rofr for my boulevard two deeds took 1 business day (Thursday)

Lodemia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Craigendarroch(2),Coylumbridge(5),Boulevard(4),Kings'Land(1),W 57th(1),District(2)
Bay club at Waikoloa (Villa) annual 8400pts -$0 passed. Took around 4 hours to get estoppel and roar waived.

Gunfighter

Reaction score
Not sure how long it took for Hilton's response to the broker, but we waited a full 30 days to hear we passed ROFR. This was an eBay auction with expectations of a S L O W closing, so we weren't expecting anything before 30 days. Once it actually closes, I'll enter in the ROFR database.

West 57th Studio Plus Platinum 5,250 annual points for $3629 (seller pays closing costs, we pay Hilton Fees).

Lodemia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not sure how long it took for Hilton's response to the broker, but we waited a full 30 days to hear we passed ROFR. This was an eBay auction with expectations of a S L O W closing, so we weren't expecting anything before 30 days. Once it actually closes, I'll enter in the ROFR database.

West 57th Studio Plus Platinum 5,250 annual points for $3629 (seller pays closing costs, we pay Hilton Fees).
I think I bid against you on that one. Sorry about that! Ended up getting a HCNY deed from the same seller, haven’t heard ROFR yet.

Lodemia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My Rofr for my boulevard two deeds took 1 business day (Thursday)
Working with TRCS, Inc. (Diane) - Offer November 24th, Paperwork and Estoppel December 14th, Transferred December 28th. Start to finish roughly 1 month, including two significant US Holidays.

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Working with TRCS, Inc. (Diane) - Offer November 24th, Paperwork and Estoppel December 14th, Transferred December 28th. Start to finish roughly 1 month, including two significant US Holidays.
This sounds fishy. There's a pattern of long processing when brokers are involved. I would suspect they were collecting other offers in the meantime, before submitting the estoppel request form and asking for a ROFR waiver.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This sounds fishy. There's a pattern of long processing when brokers are involved. I would suspect they were collecting other offers in the meantime, before submitting the estoppel request form and asking for a ROFR waiver.

I don’t suspect this at all. What sometimes they do is collect an offer, and go to the people who have hired them to sell and see if they have someone who is willing to do that offer.

When I bought, I bought through a Facebook group and it took a week and a half from the time I signed the purchase order until we got back the ROFR waiver and estoppel. Very similar to the 2.5 weeks this transaction took. We used LT Transfers.

Magus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Elara, Paradise, The District, Kings Land; Craigendarroch Suites

A month start to finish with two holidays is fishy? /scratches head

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Very similar to the 2.5 weeks this transaction took. We used LT Transfers.
I misunderstood the provided timeline. It sounded like 3 weeks wait for ROFR to me.

Lodemia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So for those playing a long at home - Hawaii recorded the Deed for the gift transfer of Bay club Waikoloa in two days. It’s now in Hilton’s hands to add to our account. All in all a pretty efficient transaction.

paulharr58

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndam Shearwater, Royal Gardens
Found out today that HGVC exercised the ROFR on a Ocean 22 - 3400 points Gold season for $1,000. The request went to them on the 15th, we found out today, and the purchase price was refunded today. In ROFR.net, no Ocean 22 have passed.

Also found out today my Ocean 22 will be exercised by HGVC...4800 points...starting the process immediately..

Lodemia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So for those playing a long at home - Hawaii recorded the Deed for the gift transfer of Bay club Waikoloa in two days. It’s now in Hilton’s hands to add to our account. All in all a pretty efficient transaction.
And it's now in our account.

Wright17s

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite Premier; Valdoro x6, Trump, Paradise, Sunrise Lodge
I received confirmation a couple of weeks ago my $4,494.44 offer for an EOY 7200 1 BR Premier Platinum at Sunrise Lodge passed ROFR - I'm pretty excited, I have a few ski weeks at Valdoro and am looking forward to expanding my ski weeks to Park City! :)

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I received confirmation a couple of weeks ago my $4,494.44 offer for an EOY 7200 1 BR Premier Platinum at Sunrise Lodge passed ROFR - I'm pretty excited, I have a few ski weeks at Valdoro and am looking forward to expanding my ski weeks to Park City! :)

Congrats!

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sheraton Desert Oasis,
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
Similar experience as @Gunfighter dealing with a potentially slow eBay closing, apparently it has passed ROFR and could be another 2 weeks to be fully set up by HGVC. 7000 point plat. annual Paradise contract for $4,250. Will enter it when it is fully closed.

clominac

TUG Member
Reaction score
11,200 pt @ Ocean Oak failed at $15k. added to ROFR.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
11,200 pt @ Ocean Oak failed at $15k. added to ROFR.
Interesting. So was this a 2Br regular room, platinum season or 2BR OF Gold season?

edited: never mind, I found it on rofr.net. It was a platinum season. The developer has always been aggressive at Ocean Oak. It looks like they are even getting more aggressive now.